Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
Product Update - Valve
Jan 25, 2012
Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 12.2 Preview Windows release includes:
AMD Eyefinity 2.1 technology enhancements
- Additional resolution support: Users can now choose from a larger set of resolutions when running AMD Eyefinity
- Dynamic Configuration Changes: Switching between different display configurations will occur automatically when physically plugging/un-plugging displays
- HydraVision enhancements: The Windows Task bar can now be moved and resized based on users preference
- Profile Manager improvements: Increased support for Display Groups (including 5x1) and Extended configurations within the Profile Manager
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 12.2 Preview software suite for Windows 7. These include:
- Call of Duty IV no longer displays random corruption when in DirectX 9 more and the Edge Detect filter is enabled.
- A black screen is no longer occasionally displayed when running Portal 2 in 3D mode.
- All 3d Anti Aliasing settings are now correctly listed in the Vision Control Center.
- Morphological filtering settings are now correctly listed in the Vision Control Center.
- Civilization V no longer experiences random crashes when run in DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 mode.
- Enabling the ‘Edge Detect’ filter in Resident Evil 5 or Just Cause 2 no longer generates a random application crash.
- Battlefield 3 no longer hangs when MSAA is enabled.
- Saints Row III no longer experiences random hangs.
- Rage no longer experiences intermittent hangs when Crossfire is enabled.
- Dragon Age 2 textures no longer flicker when run in DirectX 9 mode in Crossfire configurations with vsynch enabled.
- Crysis Warhead and Battlefield Bad Company 2 no longer experience random crashes when Crossfire is enabled.
- Texture flickering is no longer experienced when playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 in DirectX 11 mode.
Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:
- Vsync may be disabled after task switching when playing Rage.
- Skipping in game cinematics while playing Dragon Age 2 in DirectX 11 mode may cause stuttering.
- Dirt 3 may experience flickering with Crossfire enabled and run in 3D stereo mode.
- Battlefield – Bad Company 2 may experience random flickering when run in DirectX 11 mode.
Known Issues under the Windows Vista Operating System
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:
- Windows Aero options may be missing after installing the latest driver.