His basic attack adds +1 to ship aether and his super and ulti attack can transfer Aether from the enemy ship onto your own
- The user who starts second in a match, starts with +2 Ship Aether
- Sharina got a new skin
- Career quests no longer have a locked/unlocked symbol in the mission screen. The symbol is now a chest with coins and users receive Æther coins for solved career quests
- After the tutorial all game modes, shell generator, career and daily quests are unlocked and usable
- Champion rotation gets unlocked when the user reaches level 3
- New daily quest: Level up!
- New career quests objectives:
5. Deal 200 damage
6. Play 5 league matches
- Won AI and casual matches now also count for "Win with ship X" achievements
- Rector's tutorial dialogue has the same format as the rest
- Text issue for random hint of pushing champions against others was fixed
- "Win with The Beast" achievements are now consistent with all Win x matches with ship y
- Kill 1/10/30 with HAMMER achievement text has been fixed
- Achievement title for 30 logins is now correct
- Coupon window is not shown automatically after the tutorial anymore.
- New Champion: Tali (5 HP, 1 DMG +1 for every friendly pirate champion; Super attack deals 2 DMG or kills Taeyang instantly; Ulti attack deal 1 DMG +1 for every friendly pirate)
- H.A.M.M.E.R got a police skin
- New ship: Tesla (14 HP, ESS faction)
- New ship: Mac (14 HP, INC faction)
- Valerian Skin for Tesla
- Lilly Skin for Sparrow
- Rector skin for Bombshell
- Hendrick skin for Mac
- Map rotation now occurs every 30 minutes
- New Air Pirate "Wildfire" now fully integrated
- New league icons which are also different for every subtier
- Ranked mission debriefing added to clarify the progression through the leagues
- League Seasons now change approximately every 6 weeks starting with 15th of October
- Players now see the current rank of their opponent if the play a ranked match
- Career quests 2,3,4,5,6,7,9,12,13,18 and 19 have been changed
- Some of the early daily quests have been changed: play a match; deal 30 damage; play 4 shells; play 3 matches; win 2 matches; play 3 shells
- The tutorial can now be skipped by pushing the appropriate button in the interface and will take players to the Trophy-screen where they can enter an in-game-name
- Client side versioning warns the player if his client is out of date and will tell the player to update the client if this is the case
- All game modes: practice, casual and ranked are unlocked immediately after the tutorial is finished/skipped
Taeyang and Tali were the son and daughter of a powerful industry magnate who had founded the Four Stars Trading Company, who joined the INCquisition to bring back order to the chaos that reigned after the AEther wars. Where her brother happily devoted himself to the cause, her free-spirited and chaotic nature riled against the INC's rigid structure and elitist approach. Naturally drawn to the free life of the Air Pirates, she joined them after stealing the latest top-secret prototype weapon from her father's lab - a new device designed to harness Æther residue from sources the device is attuned to. This allows her to empower her attacks, drawing additional strength from her fellow Pirates!
- Support e-mail display in the menu has been changed to firstname.lastname@example.org - Luna's Ultimate damages friendly Champions again
- Badges and master images for reaching Valerian V and VI are correctly unlocked now. Players who did not get them yet but are entitled to it have to play another AI match to unlock them.
- Claiming badges takes less time
- Issues with repeated disconnection dialogues popping up will no longer happen and only occur when the client has a connectivity issue
- Corrected typos:
- in Taeyang's welcome dialogue
- in ranked screen
- Match-wins via surrendering by opponents are correctly counted towards appropriate daily quest-goals now
- Lost AI matches now reward stars for the rare shell package reward.
- Fixed that the visual effect from a heal tile was shown simultaneously on another tile on the map.
- Improved character skin portraits (they now have a higher resolution).
- The memory size of levels has been cut down to a third making it faster to download
- Claiming daily quests works quicker now
- Reduction of league sub tiers to 3 instead of 5
- Removed Exitus Shell and exchanged it to
- Big Aether Bolt Shell, deals 2 damage to either a Champion or Ship
- Tutorial matches are shorter
- Loading bars, progress texts and hints in loading screens
- lots of bug fixes
Coming up soon:
- New Champions
- More Ships
- New Arena
- More Ship and Champion Skins
- New Bugs
The worldmap takes a break and makes place for an intuitive main menu.
We also overhauled the League Tier system and introduced Subtiers to all tiers but Æthermasters.
Other noteworthy updates: Brand new main missions and the introduction of daily missions, and a completely new tutorial.
To celebrate this major Milestone, we slashed all the prices in the game MASSIVELY!
Champion and ship skins are available now. (Except for Sharina, Hammer, Whale and Bombshell) Each skin costs 89 Æther Coins.
New champion: HAMMER.
New champion: Skyblade. A good mid-range offensive character with a whirlwind attack. Skyblade belongs to the faction Aether Junkies, has 6 HP and does 2 DMG in extended melee range.
- Her Super Skill deals 2 damage to everyone around her and her Ultimate Skill sacrifices an ally champion and does 3 DMG to everyone in the sacrificed champ's melee range.
New champion: Taeyang is a new class of Champions. He possesses the passive bonus "hatred against Air Pirates", has 7 HP and deals 2 base DMG (+1 against Air Pirates).
- Using his Super Skill, Taeyang charges towards his target and deals 2 DMG (+1 against Air Pirates).
- His Ultimate Skill attack deals 1 damage to all enemies and triggers an explosion on all enemy Air Pirates hitting them and all champions in their melee range for +2 extra damage.
New floating texts for better visualisation of when champions/ships take damage and gain aether (and hatred damage).
Player names and chat messages will be checked for nasty words
Complete rework of the main menu (worldmap has been removed)
Improved loadout, shop and achievement (badges) page
Achievement rewards now have to be claimed in the badges section
Daily missions are available to earn some extra Shillings
Cool new hardware cursors on all platforms
Tutorial has been completly reworked
New Main menu commentator:
- He will explain the shell generator, daily quests, main quests and trophies(badges) to the player the first time a player opens the corresponding tab
- He will congratulate the player upon finishing a quest
- He will welcome the player back to the game upon login
- He will inform the player when a match has been found or player has been challenged
Two new master images have been added for all players right out of the gate. These do not need to be purchased
Every five matches the player gets a rare shell pack of his choosing
Two new shell packs giving the player either 10 rare shells or 10 shells with a chance for some of them being rare
New master images: one for every champion. Beat 100 enemies with a specific champion and you unlock a his/her master image.
Improved Æther gain effects. Now you can see more easily who gained Æther and why.
League tiers and progression has been re-worked; gaining or losing a tier or sub-tier is now set to defined consecutive wins or losses (2/3/4/5) and only Æther-Masters will gain or lose League-points(wins).
Badges have been re-organized and claiming them can be tracked in an overview
The number of champions rotating as trial characters has been adjusted in correspondence to already owned champions
- owning no champion - 3 trial champions in rotation
- owning one champion - 2 trial champions in rotation
- owning two or more champions - one trial champions in rotation
Practice matches have been re-worked:
- difficulty has been decreased slightly
- any won match will now put you in the next AI level (represented by the stars over the 'Valerian' portrait on the main screen)
- there are neither shell nor Shilling awards
- Practice matches no longer have a two turn inactivity surrender timer
Prices for Luna and Sharina have been reduced to 6999 shilling or 175 Æther Coins down from 9600 shilling or 215 Æther Coins
Prices for Mary and Martel have been decreased to 99 Æther Coins or 3099 Shilling down from 215 Æther Coins or 7200 Shilling
Prices for Bug, Crank, Baron Rouge, Butcher, Aurora, Harlequin and Corporal have been reduced to 4999 Shilling or 125 Æther Coins down from 7200 Shilling or 215 Æther Coins
Prices for Packer, Arc, Sparrow and Bombshell reduced to 175 Æther Coins or 6999 Shillings down from 215 Æther Coins or 7200 Shillings
Price for Rare shell packages reduced to 250 Shilling down from 350 shilling
New players receive 2000 Shilling and 17 Æther Coins upon tutorial completion with new accounts
Æther discharge shell has a new shiny animation
Aurora's HP decreased to 6 down from 7
Bloody Mary's Super attack will always deal 2 damage instead of 1-2
Bloody Mary's Super attack has an orthogonal pattern now instead of a lane pattern
Butcher's HP have been increased to 7 up from 6
Baron Rouge's HP have been increased to 6 up from 5
Costs for Æther Discharge have been increased to 10 up from 9
Costs for Exitus have been increased to 10 up from 9
Costs for Get off my Porch have been increased to 8 up from 7
Friendly matches use the same map as ranked matches now
Main Goals have received an complete update. The needed achievements have been changed and the main missions don’t give any rewards anymore and will only be used to unlock Character, Ships, Shells, etc.
Æthershells won’t be unlocked on a certain level, but according to the Main-Goals (eg. Mission 12 unlocks Group Healing).
Users can buy Attack and Support Shell Packages right from the beginning, whereas the Trick and Æther Control Packages will be unlocked through the main missions
Achievements which do not specify that the have to be completed in a league match, can be completed within league, casual and challenge matches.
Increased difficulty for the first stages of Valerian matches.
The heat of Summer is slowly fading and Ærena - Clash of Champions is preparing the biggest Update: HAMMER of INC (New League Design, Skins for Champions and Ships, a completely new main UI, a brand new Champion Class and the new Champion H.A.M.M.E.R. ) which is due in 2 weeks!
With this discount we are also celebrating the final few days of Season 2!
Get prepared for the upcoming season!
Assemble a solid starter team with the Starter Pack,
prepare for all situations with the Pilot Pack or go All In with the Fan Pack.
All reduced by 50% starting on Wednesday Aug 6 at 10 am PST!
The game is ON! Our new update allows you to challenge friends or other players directly, add players to your friends list and adds a GREAT live stadium atmosphere, enhancing the gameplay experience. We also slashed the prices for ships, so they are more affordable now!
In addition you can now take 6 Champs to the arena with you!
Finally: Add and challenge friends!
Rare Shell Packages are now available in Dukanar Port! For 350 Shillings or 27 ÆtherCoins you get 3 random rare Shells of a category.
With normal Shell Packages you still have the chance to get rare Shells.
Music volume is reduced when a player unlocks a new item by gaining an achievement or on level up
The skills of an active champion can now also be seen when hovering / tab holding the character icon in the turn order bar
Every map now has three different randomly played commentator intros
A reactive stadium atmosphere has been integrated in matches
Each arena has a cool orbiting outro camera during the debriefing now
6th champion slot is now available in loadout
Prices of ships have been adjusted. Ship cost as much as Champions now.
Skybucket's HP have been reduced to 13.
Baron Rouge, Martel, Harlequin and Butcher have been updated to the new animation system, leading to a faster gameplay.
Fixed that the amount of Æther for a Shell was written in red when it's the opponent's turn, even if you had enough Æther.
Speed clicking in market no longer leads to the client becoming stuck
When an outdated version of Ærena is used the appropriate message will state the correct information now
Spamming GUI elements no longer gets the client stuck
Baron Rouge has his action cams back for his super and ulti attack
Sharina's aether bolts will target the correct lane of the ship now
Action cam of Harlequin's ultra should no longer cause nausea and motion sickness
Damage from knockback attack is no longer summed up with damage caused by collisions
Crank's Super action cam shows his target now
Pipe next to Play friendly/PlayLeague buttons has been removed
Chat button only lights up if there are unread messages
Master image is correctly displayed if player gets a level up upon logging in
Discount icon is no longer shown if a master image does not cost anything
A checkmark icon is displayed after completing alll currently available missions
Attack animations should no longer time out if they were triggered during an action idle animation
Completed achievements are now easier to discern from incomplete ones. Completed ones got their reward sticker and counter removed and incomplete ones are completely greyed out now.
Sharina's bolts no longer curve downwards when fired at the enemy ship
Harlequin no longer twitches during the transition from action anim to idle anim
AetherCoin shop has a scrollbar now from the get go
No more graphic glitches upon closing the shop or any loadout
Match start timer is no longer clickable
Current mission window has a X button to close it in addition to just clicking/tapping the mission icon
Volume of back button is at the same level as all other button sounds
Fixed an issue where the sound sliders could get stuck after a mission
Movement range indicator no longer flashes after a character finishes his second action or spawn action
Character now take 2 damage from damage tiles instead of taking 4 damage and getting healed for 2
Chat bar no longer disappears after entering and exiting loadout
Effects of shockwave shell in third tutorial mission can be seen now
Camera focuses on ship instead of Mary in second tutorial mission
Crank's walking animation in first tutorial no longer skips frames
Aether Discharge audio is no longer out of sync and the charging effect of the triggering ship displayed correctly
News screens are now shown on a per user basis instead of per device basis
Fixed a little rounding issue which made Champions in the leavescreen 1 ÆtherCoin more expensive than it should.
Harlequin's ultimate attack camera has received a rework - less camera jumping.
Butcher's super attack no longer triggers an saw attack at the end of the animation, you only see the pull animation now.
Added a little continue button to the debriefing screen
- NEW GAME MODE: Unranked matches! Not feeling particularly competitive right now? No problem, play a relaxed unranked match without fear for your precious league points. Perfect for experimenting with new tactics!
- NEW CHAMPION: The first supporter class champion: Sharina - a Children of God healer. Has been designed and created together with the community
- NEW ARENA: Introducing the Air Pirates Arena! On the map Mid-Ships it is difficult to rush your opponent and a good layout to be deceptive.
- The arenas have an audience now! After all, the Clash of Champions is the most popular Sport in Ærena's alternate 1955
- Crank, Mary, Aurora and Bug got smoother quicker animations. Overall game speed and flow benefits from this too!
- The animation framework has been reworked to allow improved Champion animations
- Level cap increased to 80, while each level will require less XP.
- Achievement rewards received an update: more difficult achievements earn you more Shillings
- Added achievement for 500/1000/1500 won league matches each worth 300 shillings
- Added achievement for 500/1000/1500 played league matches each worth 300 shillings
- Changed turn times in AI matches:
- Valerian I: 60 seconds time to complete your turn
- Valerian II: 45 seconds time to complete your turn
- Valerian III, IV, V and IV: 30 seconds time to complete your turn
- Cool achievements for getting achievements: If any of these are shown as complete but do not complete please log out and in again and everything should sort itself out.
- Luna's base attack now does 3 damage instead of 2-3
- Corporal Ultimate Skill's damage was increased to 4 up from 3-4
- Hitpoints of Beast, Skybucket and Bombshell was decreased to 14 down from 15
- Cost for Aether Discharge Shell has been increased to 9 up from 8
- Buying a character for Aethercoins from the dismissal screen should no longer lead to the game being stuck in a transaction in progress screen
- Group Healing no longer heals the ship
- Description of Group Healing has been adjusted to reflect that
- Base, medium and Master Aether Coin package pictures now show correct amount of items that can be bought for the given amount
- Shell generation is more random again
- Items gained by gaining an achievement are now correctly persisted on the server and should no longer get lost
- the profile screen is now disabled when the level-up screen appears
- Fixed an issue were spawning a champion could be skipped
- Target "friendly" markers icon in the description windows are now green instead of blue
- Sound for opening dialogues has been shortened to fit the new animations
- Fixed wrongfully displayed price tags on free master images.
- Fixed that Corporal's basic attack triggered a 'being hit' animation twice on the opposite Champion
- Active character marker correctly shown over spawning champions now
- Reworked unlock text for Metropol and shell generator
- Removed match against Lilly prior to joining "The Games"
- Fixed a camera bug in main menu on Android
- Fixed a typo in Baron's character sheet.
- Fixed some typos in description texts
- Enhanced interactive button perception by animating them on button down.
- Fixed an issue with the display of the ranking list.
- Texture of Dearborn Heights arena no longer blurry
- Bombshell no longer has an ID decal on hull
- Fixed that only one achievement is shown and some are hidden behind the others when several achievements are unlocked simultaneously.
- Fixed the display of the shell amount when down to zero
- Other Champions are correctly pushed back if the Butcher's Ultimate is used on a ship and they are within the skill area
- Fixed a bug that sometimes lead to a player's spawn turn being skipped
- Characters now have only a real shadow on PC and OSX
- The "enter a name" prompt will now appear prior to joining "The Games" instead of during the tutorial missions
- Amount of logins needed for the following achievements have been increased:
Welcome back increased to 3 up from 2
- "Sticking around" increased to 7 up from 5
- The shadows of several dialogue boxes have been adjusted
- Preview picture for the Gate of Lost Angels arena shows correct arena desing now
- Chat shows correct amount of users immediately after logging in
- Steam Client will throw an error message now if login fails due to missing VCRedist
- getting hit by Butcher attack animations are played slower now
- Amount of AetherCoins given to new players increased to 125 up from 25
- Fixed an issue, which lead to an error if a player used characters from the Fan Pack DLC in the tutorial AI match
- Searching for match element now always changes states between "match found" and "looking for opponent" correctly
- Fragments of the main menu are not visible anymore in any loadout after opening the master profile
- Changed the name of Earthing Shells to be consistent with the others.
- Rewards for matches have been changed:
- Winning Ranked matches awards 150XP and losing awards 100XP
- Winning unranked matches awards 75XP and losing awards 50XP
- If a player wins due to the opponent dropping out he gets the usual awards for winning
- Losing due to drop out carries the usual penalties to LP with it
- Here the rewards for certain actions in ranked matches in detail
Get the template here, create a funny Steelfist Crank Skin Sketch and enter the contest! Best 3 get 250 Æthercoins, top 10 most popular in artwork section 100 Coins and every participant gets a few nice Shells!