First I'd like to thank the community for their feedback/suggestions. Here's what's in our first update...
- 50 years play. After 10 years of play you can continue on for another 40 years giving 50 years of play.
- Rights/Licensing - made the rights/licensing screen/system clearer. Now when you click on something a panel will appear confirming what the deal is and what it is for.
- Save games - Currently when you leave the main game by clicking on the settings icon and then pressing main game or exit game the profile you are playing with is updated with your current progress. When you restart playing the game you continue where you left off. With the update this has not changed however you now have another option - to store your current progress away. On the settings icon you now have the option Save Progress. You can then save a file (up to 30) containing the game's progress as at that point. To use this saved file when you start a game each profile now has a Load Game button. Select that to load in your saved game. Loading in a saved game will overwrite the Profile you selected.
- Sort by Genre now available on hire Actors, Actresses, Scriptwriters, Directors, Editors, DofP and Composers screens. This should save you time when trying to find the right person for the job.
- News stories - added a new story which covers when an actor's skills have changed.
- Warn on confirmer of strong Personality - to further warn you - when you are hiring talent (such as Actors, Actresses, Scriptwriters, Directors, DofPs) - of people that can be difficult/demanding to work with.
- Show News at end of turn for your Studio - The News Screen will now appear at the end of each turn. A filter is available on the screen that can turn this option off. Also you can select whether only stories that relate to your company are added to the news.
- Automatically show Production Issues - The Production issues screen will appear at the end of the week if any of your films has problems. There is a filter that can switch this off.
- Negotiating with Actors - tweaked negotiations code to make it easier to hire actors/actresses.
- Hiring Extras - you can now type in the number of extras you want.
- Sequel - We now list and highlight the Actors, Directors, DofPs, Composers and Screenwriters that worked on the previous version.
- Select number of Opposing Studios - at the start of a game you can now reduce the number of Studios you are up against. This can make the game less daunting and easier to play for those new to the game.
- Show A Person's History on Hover - if you right click on a person on a hire screen a panel will appear showing their history. The panel will stay and as you move over the other people in the list the new panel will get updated. This works for Actors, Actresses, Scriptwriters, Directors, Editors, DofP, Composers.
Note: your old Profile should load and get updated to run in the new v1.01 version.
Thanks again for the feedback.