Been sticking out like a sore thumb? Find yourself stuck with unsightly grass stains on your armor? Camouflage your knight with the look of a true forest hunter! Spiral HQ has revisited the color of true Hunters and created several new offerings.
Contents include: * Marsh Leafy Aura
* Hunter Valkyrie Wings
* Hunter Tome of Rage
* New Hunter Equipment
* New Hunter Accessories
Hunter 2016 Prize Boxes are available from now through August 22nd, 2016, and details on the box can be found here.
Spiral HQ calls upon you to once again assist the Tortodrones on their Long Migration. This is proving irresistible to fiendish denizens of the Clockworks who are gathering tortodrone parts for mysterious purposes! Take up arms to investigate and defend against this horrible mischief, and explore the Clockworks to gather fiendish glyphs.
Be sure to collect Ancient Shell materials from the Ancient Grove to craft 3*, 4* and 5* Tortodrone handguns and shields at the Mysterious Alchemy Machine!
The Spiral HQ intel forecasting interns predicts the Tortodrone migration will continue through August 15, 2016. We’re counting on you to protect the magnificent Tortodrones!
Spiral HQ “Hall Edition” is back and looking for some DIY knights to help revitalize their guild halls. Only the most advanced guilds can work together to create a hall that other knights would be envious of. Use the new Iron and Copper furniture to create your very own place to train, strategize, or hang out.
- Guild Hall upkeep prices have been significantly lowered.
- The Activities panel now gives you an option to see a list of all open Guild Halls.
- New guild hall furniture available. Copper and Iron items will rotate weekly. If what you're looking for isn't there, check back again.
- New guild hall theme “Divine” is available.
- New Rain Storm environment
- New ‘empty’ room: Chess Board.
- New Modular counter tops added to birdsong. These attach seamlessly to each other to allow you to create custom counters, barriers, etc.
- Guild Bonds: A ticket which turns into crowns once deposited in a guild’s treasury. Guild Bonds are not tradeable.
- Behind the scenes changes to update our libraries.
Chess Mini Prize Box:
Spiral Knights have always been strategic thinkers. What better way to brush up on those skills than a game of chess? Chess Minis are objects that can move anywhere in guild hall even when you’re not in design mode and will snap to the squares in the chess room. Each box contains a chess piece for your guild hall. The Chess Mini Prize Box is available in the supply depot through August 8th. Your move, Knights!
Guild Hall Prize Box:
Spiral HQ has collected a stash of items to help guilds add those special touches to their hall. Even the elusive Chromalisk may find a home in your guild hall. The Haven Treasury is offering Guild Hall Prize Boxes through Aug 8, 2016.
In these boxes, you may find the following items:
- Chromalisk pet
- New Floor Monitors for all your knightly dance club needs.
- Furniture items from Almire - Furniture items from Moorcroft - Modular Countertops
Black kats are once again storming the Moorcroft Manor Archives and consuming the precious tomes within! We need all knights of rank 4-1 and greater to gear up and retrieve Ancient Pages from these nefarious creatures.
Do the Kataclysmic Confrontation prestige mission and/or fight through kat levels in the Clockworks to find black kats. Then, visit Montague in Moorcroft Manor, or the Mysterious Crafting Machine in Haven, with your collection of Ancient Pages, to exchange for items:
Kat Claw hood, mask, cowl
Kat Hiss hood, mask, cowl
Kat Eye hood, mask, cowl
If you “accidentally” perform a Dark Ritual and survive the encounter, you may find yourself in possession of a Black Kat Cowl or a Wicked Whisker. Wicked Whiskers, dropped for all present party members, allow you to craft the following gear:
Kat Claw cloak, mail, raiment
Kat Hiss cloak, mail, raiment
Kat Eye cloak, mail, raiment
Black Kat cloak, mail, raiment, hood, mask
If you have participated in a previous Kataclysmic Confrontation and still have Ancient Page tokens, they are still valid! Ancient Page tokens do not expire.
Wicked 2016 Prize Box
During this event, Spiral HQ is offering the Wicked 2016 Prize Box. Contents include:
New wicked colored accessories
Wicked Leafy Aura
Wicked Dragon Wings
Crest of Curse
Wicked colored armor and helms
The Kataclysmic Confrontation will run through July 18, 2016, and details on the box can be found here. Best of luck, knights!
Additional Release Notes
Steam region blocks for Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China and Hong Kong have been removed.
Slime key is now for sale in more places (Emberlight and sometimes the terminal). We suggest you continue to check with Smitty when he's around.
Summer is here and it's time for our solstice celebration! Through June 27, 2016, the Haven Treasury is offering Solstice Prize Boxes.
In these boxes, you may find the following items:
- Variant Tickets
- Crest of Summer / Crest of Winter
- Wings of Summer / Wings of Winter
- Sunshine Aura
- Snowfall Aura
- Crown of Winter / Crown of Summer
Each Solstice Prize Box also includes at least one Summer Confetti and one Winter Confetti item, has a 50% chance of including two, and a 5% chance of including three! Bonus 10% chance of a Bucket of Balloons or a 10% chance to get 5 Golden Slime Coins. For details, head over here.
Please also keep a lookout in Haven during the next few days. We've seen reports that Nonna might make an appearance in hopes of finding some monsters a new home.
The Apocrean Harvester is at it again, and Spiral HQ needs your help in beating it back into dormancy! For a detailed brief on Cradle's previous encounters with this nefarious entity, go here.
Venture onto the Grasping Plateau, free trapped souls, and earn Apocrean Sigil tokens for your heroic deeds. Then, use these tokens at the Obelisk of Creation to craft Obsidian weapons and the Grasping Aura.
Trust us. You don't want to get caught out there alone--definitely bring your friends with you on this mission, and try not to lose sight of them!
Obsidian Prize Boxes
While the event is going, the Supply Depot will stock Obsidian Prize Boxes which may contain the following:
Apocrean Disciple Wings
The Auction House will be stocking some Apocrean themed guild hall furniture to give your guild hall a touch of terror… er… class.
For details on the Obsidian Prize Box, head over here. This event runs through June 16, 2016.
Feeling lucky? Snatch a shiny Golden Slime Coin from slain slimes, find a Golden Slime Casino in the Clockworks, and give the wheel a spin!
- You should be able to find the Golden Slime Casino in the Clockworks.
- The Casino will only be around through the 31st, so spend your Golden Slime Coins while you can.
- Don’t worry knights. The slimes can’t stay away from Lady Luck too long and the Casino will return at some point in the future.
- Prizes on the wheel may change at any time.
Spiral HQ has been working on some improvements while transitioning to Grey Havens. Here are the release notes:
- Update to most of the branding in game to use the new Grey Havens logo. To read more about Grey Havens, please check here.
- Video mode selection has been changed. More windowed sizes may now be available. On “retina” Macs, bogus window sizes that were larger than the virtual screen have been removed.
- The default resolution has changed to now attempt to use your best resolution fullscreen. Existing players will start with their saved screen mode. Please go into the Options and check for your best fullscreen option!
Spiral Knights is FIVE years old! Why, that's almost old enough to wear long trousers!
(*sniffle* They grow up so fast...)
Pile into the Clockworks and help us celebrate Spiral Knights' birthday! Here is the lineup of events:
Today through April 18, 2016: Spiral HQ has assembled prize boxes from the past year together into a Surprise Box. When you open a Surprise Box, you will randomly receive a past prize box and confetti. There is also a chance to find a Stately Cap costume helm! For details on this box and its contents, visit the wiki here.
Missions: Help Biscotti, the Skylark's Head Chef, avoid disaster in two special missions - Total Caketastrophe and A Gremlin in Knead. Fight Creep Cakes and Batterbots to earn Cake Slice tokens, then visit Maskwell in Haven Town Square to exchange your tokens for:
April 8-10, 2016: The Birdsong Trading Company is holding a three-day giveaway for the Spiral Knights Anniversary celebration! HOW DO YOU GET THE SHINIES?! Just be logged into the game for your chance to win party hats, confetti and other good stuff.
Thank you all so much for playing Spiral Knights. Have fun out there!