• Added new Refuel order. • Fixed more causes of crashes. • Fixed another case where the player could be teleported into the middle of nowhere. • Fixed problem with NPCs being assigned to multiple locations. • Fixed scan overlay not being removed when docking. • Fixed capital ships standing still forever with the boost effect running. • Fixed trade menu problem (in German only) when trying to sell and the ship doesn't have the requested ware.
• Fixed several more causes of crashes and freezes. • Fixed mouse controls not working after loading certain savegames. • Fixed trade ships getting stuck after upgrade. • Fixed skipping trade menu when going back to it. • Fixed graphics options not setting correct shaders. • Fixed missing build notifications from architects in other sectors. • Fixed player trade ships trying to trade with enemy stations. • Fixed menus showing out of date info about build progress. • Fixed trades in another sector taking too long. • Fixed upkeep mission to deliver architect to builder ship not ending. • Fixed player ships not being returned during plot missions (will not re-create ships already lost, sorry). • Improved ship movement in certain situations. • Improved logic for station owned miners. • Cell Recharge (fuel) stations in Omicron Lyrae now require Bofu instead of Food Rations. • Various performance improvements (should be most noticeable when shadows are NOT enabled).
• Fixed major slowdown after loading savegames. • Fixed several more causes of crashes. • Fixed more cases of trade ships getting stuck. • Fixed large ships being unable to trade with Canteran station in DeVries. • Fixed undocking problems after trading. • Fixed ammunition trade problems. • Fixed mining drones getting stuck. • Fixed negative number of drones in cargo. • Fixed cargo bays containing more wares than they can hold. • Fixed cockpit animations hanging (see note below). • Fixed problem with targeting player-owned ships. • Fixed incorrect player position during highway flight. • Fixed player owned ships being assigned the wrong commander. • Fixed ships with missing AI functionality. • Fixed problems with Engineer functionality. • Improved flight behaviour for boarding and claiming. • Improved combat behaviour for capital ships. • Fixed station defence problems. • Fixed incorrect defence routines being used on ships. • Fixed switching the AI mode of the Defence Officer. • Added defend and attack mode options to Defence Officer. • Rebalanced skills of existing NPCs in line with new ones. • Rebalanced contents of boxes and other containers on platforms. • Rebalanced cost of ship and station repair. • Fixed transport passenger mission getting blocked after cutscene. • Fixed sounds not stopping sometimes. • Fixed buttons not working with mouse input. • Added facility to unmap controls in control mapping menu (press Delete). • Added video capture mode with ability to switch off cockpit (Expert settings). • Fixed too many missing extensions breaking the load game menu. • Several localisation improvements.
NOTE: If cockpit animations are still stuck after loading an old savegame then you may need to press Enter 5-5 and then return to the cockpit for this fix to take effect.
• Fixed several causes of crashes in-game and when loading savegames. • Fixed a specific problem resulting in periodic slow-downs. • Improved general performance (first small improvement only, more to come). • Fixed several problems resulting in trade ships getting stuck. • Fixed several problems with ship/drone docking/undocking behaviour. • Fixed problem with player drone formations. • Fixed several small localisation issues. • Improved skill levels for new NPCs. • Improved readability of entries in interaction menus. • Improved GPU listing on laptops with multiple GPUs (still some driver-related issues on certain hardware).
• Fixed video stutter/crackle at start. • Fixed several more crashes during start-up and in-game. • Fixed specific crash when using Alt-Tab or changing shaders. • Fixed specific crash when leaving a highway. • Fixed several problems with trade ships being blocked from operating (more fixes to come). • Fixed problem with not being able to see dock icons for certain ships. • Fixed problem with certain missions potentially not working after saving and reloading.
• Fixed a number of crashes during start-up and in-game. • Fixed crash when docking at certain capital ships. • Fixed a problem with missing flight control data in savegames. • Fixed a stall when loading savegames. • Fixed characters crouching when you talk to them. • Fixed ships still following you when you remove them from your squad. • Removed "Show me your skills" option for NPCs that cannot be hired. • Increased voice volume in videos. • Added feedback to indicate when you cannot hire someone because your crew is full (note: Yisha tells you, but there is currently no voice, only subtitles). • Added data to try to help nVidia Optimus software select the correct GPU. • Added fallback to show subtitles if the voice for a text line is missing, even if subtitles are off. • Added Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese localisations.
• Fixed crash when starting game caused by attached joystick. • Fixed several causes of crashes in-game. • Fixed boarding failure feedback. • Fixed problem with gate not activating. • Fixed UI issues with buttons being active where they shouldn't. • Fixed ware categories not being expanded in trade offers. • Fixed problem with secondary weapon panel not being visible sometimes. • Fixed problem with player engineers on board capital ships and stations. • Fixed issues with ship traders not accepting orders.
An update to version 1.13 has been released. Here are notes for the most recent updates:
v1.12 - 2013-11-15
• Added error message boxes at game start for certain critical errors. • Fixed crash at start-up involving sample frequency. • Fixed several in-game crashes. • Fixed German voice recordings including missing and incorrect lines.
v1.13 - 2013-11-18
• Fixed player occasionally being sent 1000s of km into space on leaving superhighway. • Fixed some invalid (but harmless) values in some savegames. • Fixed some causes of ship traders getting stuck (more to come on this).
X Rebirth is Now Available on Steam! In the distant future, the X universe faces a period of profound and irrevocable change. While the universe stumbles towards an uncertain future, countless adventures await as new enemies rise in search of power. Enter a young adventurer and his unlikely female ally traveling in an old, battered ship with a glorious past - two people alone against the galaxy, playing a key part in the events to come. The fate of the universe rests in the hands of the player...
X Rebirth represents a spectacular new beginning for the X series, offering loyal fans and newcomers alike a vast, vivid and extremely detailed universe to explore throughout the game. Varied gameplay elements such as action-packed space combat, detailed trading mechanics and high-speed space exploration with fast travel allow players to experience a truly unique space saga that will keep them hooked for dozens of hours. X Rebirth features a whole new user experience - it is easier than ever to start with, and remains as deep as fans expect it.