We are pleased to announce the release of more fixes and improvements in our new 3.20 update.
New features and improvements:
• Added fuel info and planned trips to property owned menu.
• Added build progress info to architect order.
• Added credits due from trades to player status menu.
• Added boarding attack strength to player ship info menu.
• Added crafting progress info to event monitor when collecting crafting items.
• Added logbook entry for captured ships.
• Added killer information to logbook entry when player-owned objects are killed.
• Improved player station defence behaviour to include defence of ships.
• Improved guided missile flight behaviour when launching them.
• Improved Transfer Wares flight movement when docking and undocking.
• Improved price info in menus for ships at shipyards.
• Improved accuracy of click-recognition in mini-game.
• Improved ambient sounds.
• Fixed a case resulting in non-working highway entry gates.
• Fixed several cases where crafting wares were destroyed unexpectedly.
• Fixed cases of ships full of wares not performing correct behaviour if assigned to a station.
• Fixed ships assigned to stations not using all relevant wares when station extensions introduce new products.
• Fixed lockboxes ejecting wares when destroyed.
• Fixed rare case of missing specialists on stations in some newly-started games.
• Fixed player-owned ships reporting attacks by player.
• Fixed reputation not being lost when player-owned ships destroy objects.
• Fixed several issues with crafting missions.
• Fixed ship damage not being taken into account when selling ships.
• Fixed stuck production in some production modules in certain older savegames.
• Fixed incorrect boarding pod position when claiming an ownerless ship.
• Fixed case where damaged ships could become stuck when sold due to missing Engineer.
• Fixed command info incorrectly displaying 'Undocking' in several cases.
• Fixes clicks on zone map on objects in zones other than the current one.
• Fixed stuck holomap zoom if changing zoom direction under certain conditions.
• Fixed inconsistent behaviour when selecting gates on the holomap.
• Fixed rare case where map failed to display proper object.
• Fixed info locations not being visible while in Scanner/Hacker drone if Skunk is too far away.
• Fixed stations attacking objects that are too far away when player is not present.
• Fixed discount from "unknown faction" in certain gamestarts.
• Fixed unnecessary reputation loss events in some cases.
• Fixed some instances of overlapping text in menus.
• Fixed secondary resources usage.
• Fixed player-owned ships not reacting to neutral ships attacks.
• Fixed incorrect behaviour of ships escorting other ships when the escorted ship is destroyed.
• Fixed certain shipyards not having miner or collector drones in their inventory.
• Fixed weapon panel not showing the correct weapon for the Heavy Laser MK1.
• Fixed reversed buy/sell text in planned trips info in some cases.
• Fixed overlapping menu elements in equip drones menu.
• Fixed not being able to deploy a CV to a station which already finished construction.
• Fixed inconsistencies in ware exchange info between different UI displays.
• Fixed some cases where UI was not visible when it should have been.
• Fixed case where player could be locked out of mission offer due to UI issues.
• Fixed case where game stops accepting any input.
• Fixed UI crash in encyclopedia with very long descriptions.
• Fixed some cases of employee skills not being visible.
• Fixed mission timer not showing up in menus under certain circumstances.
• Fixed upkeep mission category being displayed if there are no upkeep missions.
• Fixed missing sound when clicking on menu close button.
• Fixed missing shield generators on Teladi Phoenix.
• Fixed missing fuel storage on Teladi Albatross (Liquid).
• Fixed problems caused by the game being installed in folders with names containing Unicode characters.
• Fixed some minor memory leaks.
• Fixed various crashes caused by issues introduced by mods.
• Fixed several causes of common crashes and improved crash reporting.
In our final release for 2014, the 3.10 update fixes a few issues that have been reported in 3.00. Happy holidays!
• Fixed problem with mission chains where no reward being given would result in the entire chain being failed.
• Fixed hacking mission with fewer than 6 target points being impossible to complete.
• Fixed player-owned ships in Teladi game start having no actions running.
• Fixed excessively long timeout for stuck ware exchanges (further fixes to prevent it happening to come in a future update).
• Fixed cockpit walk-in animation not stopping when quitting a cutscene early.
• Fixed cockpit placement on Omicron Trade ship obstructing a shieldgenerator.
• Fixed unreachable crate on ship platform.
• Fixed floating adsign on Omicron station.
• Fixed hull value of Albatross XL (Liquid).
• Fixed loss of "volatile" crafting wares when using external view or after loading savegame.
• Fixed rare ships appearing with "(Remove) Teladi Pirate" in their name.
• Fixed missing hull sections in certain ships since 3.0.
• Fixed UI/control lockup if autopilot is deactivated from within a menu.
• Fixed some more causes of potential crashes and improved crash reporting.
X Rebirth was a huge disappointment. The previous X games were fantastic, if somewhat obtuse, open-ended space sims, but Rebirth was a mess. The 2.0 update that came out earlier this year made a number of fixes and improvements, but developer Egosoft kept at it, and has now released both the 3.0 update and the Teladi Outpost DLC.
The Teladi Outpost DLC adds two new Teladi systems to explore, one of which contains the Habitat-class "superstation" Overwatch, one of the largest space stations ever to appear in the X Universe. There are also new Teladi ships, items, and upgrades, as well as new dangers, including the Xenon and Pirate factions that can make traveling through some sectors a very risky prospect.
The DLC was initially going to be free for anyone who owned or purchased X Rebirth by November 1, but Egosoft has decided to make it free for everyone as "a thank-you gift for all X Rebirth owners." It does, however, require the 64-bit version of the game; Egosoft said in the patch notes that there will not be a 32-bit version of the 3.0 update, and that the Teladi Outpost DLC is not compatible with prior 32-bit releases.
The Teladi Outpost DLC introduces a whole Teladi-controlled system containing two new sectors and over a dozen zones of interest, along with new Teladi and pirate factions, and various new Teladi ships, stations and weapon types.
X Rebirth 2.51 is now available. It will be automatically applied by your Steam client.
Fixed failure to deselect current target under certain circumstances.
Fixed crash when loading certain savegames.
Fixed several other causes of crashes.
Note that as of this patch, 32-bit systems are no longer supported. Our system requirements have stated since the beginning that 64-bit is a necessity and going forward, we will only support 64-bit releases.
• New Feature: New side-bar based main menu.
• New Feature: External camera view.
• New Feature: Free look in cockpit.
• New Feature: New shipyards for small and medium sized ships.
• Added Drone Hunt generic mission.
• Added Protection Detail generic mission.
• Added Diplomatic Aid mission chain.
• Added respawning of specialists with increasing hire fees.
• Added incoming remotely ordered wares to item trader menu.
• Added auto-refuel setting.
• Added small ship traders.
• Added primary shields to large ships which did not already have them.
• Added "civil war" behaviour between Plutarch and Heart of Albion in Albion.
• Added ability to replace destroyed CVs so that station construction can can continue.
• Added ability to assign ships to other ships of same size or to any large ship.
• Added option to choose between stopping and maintaining speed while in menus.
• Added event monitor display to drone control mode.
• Added target elements for player-owned small ships.
• Added statistic for storage modules hacked.
• Added crash report option with privacy settings.
• Improved event monitor with "picture-in-picture" mode.
• Improved hacking gameplay.
• Improved engine animation and effects.
• Improved ship AI behaviour in numerous situations.
• Improved generation of mission enemies.
• Improved "Assign new superior" command.
• Improved ability menu to show when a drone is unavailable.
• Improved mission target indicator to point always to the closest mission target.
• Improved trade offers menu (shopping list is included in ship cargo).
• Improved docking behaviour of drones.
• Improved build tree menu user experience.
• Improved several mission briefings.
• Improved Open Comm Link menu in legacy main menu.
• Improved scan time for police scanning illegal activities.
• Improved lifetime of containers dropped from cargo bays.
• Improved remote controlled player drones flying back to the player ship.
• Improved rendering of distant objects to reduce flickering slightly.
• Improved Mission Bar so it no longer obstructs menus.
• Improved crash report content to help us find and fix causes of crashes.
• Fixed several plot and other mission issues.
• Fixed several of the most common causes of crashes.
• Various optimisations resulting in performance improvements.
• Many more fixes, see the complete release notes.
The system requirements for the game have always stated that it requires a 64-bit version of Windows, and the 64-bit version of the game is now successfully in general use. This is likely to be the last major version for which a 32-bit executable is available.
You know a videogame is in rough shape when its developer actually apologizes for the state it was in at launch. But while some studios might have opted to bury such a poorly-reviewed game and move on (or, more likely, would have been forced to close its doors) Egosoft seems determined to make X Rebirth work.
The next step in the game's rehabilitation will be the release of X Rebirth 2.5, which will arrive soon according to an X Universe forum post. After that, the game will be updated to version 3.0, which will incorporate various fixes, improvements and new gameplay features that will be announced closer to release. At the same time, The Teladi Outpost expansion will also come out, adding a new storyline and star system with two unique sectors containing a massive Teladi space station with various factories and a number of new ships, weapons, and equipment.
X Rebirth 2.5 and 3.0 will be implemented automatically through Steam updates (unless they've been disabled), while The Teladi Outpost expansion will be free to anyone who already owns X Rebirth or purchases it by November 1. More information about the expansion may be found on Steam.
Together with the general availability of Update 2.50 for X Rebirth, which will be released soon, bringing a new menu system, external camera, new small shipyards and many other improvements, we are happy to announce today the DLC - X Rebirth: The Teladi Outpost - coming in December 2014:
We are pleased to announce the latest update to X Rebirth which takes the game to 64-bit, allowing the game to make better use of your PC's available memory.
• NEW: The 64-bit EXE is now the default. See below for more information.
• Fixed Secret Service missions constantly reminding player to talk to mission actor.
• Fixed campaign progressing unexpectedly when docking at station.
• Fixed player occasionally being in wrong position on platform when loading savegame.
• Fixed trade offers on player ships/stations occasionally not appearing in trade menu.
• Fixed claimed ships not showing up in property menu.
• Fixed ships continuing to move when ordered to wait.
• Fixed trade orders not being executed when ship has been ordered to wait.
• Fixed various cases of drones being unable to dock/return.
• Fixed missing docking bay on Wheat Plantation.
• Fixed missing container storage on Pharma-Spice Farm.
• Fixed missing MK2 weapons after completing plot (you may need to change zones before this kicks in).
• Fixed map not showing player stations.
• Fixed incorrect positions of some elements on map.
• Fixed menu slider controls breaking under certain circumstances.
• Fixed controls no longer working when opening ability menu on a platform.
• Fixed controller A-button not working after having left the cockpit while an interactive notification was displayed.
• Fixed station under construction becoming invisible after Alt-Tab.
• Fixed a leak causing savegames to grow slowly in size over time.
• Fixed several causes of occasional crashes.
If you encounter serious problems with the 64-bit version and would like to try reverting to 32-bit then you can subscribe to the 32-bit "beta" using the Steam client. To start using the 32-bit version, right-click X Rebirth in the Steam client, select Properties, go to the Betas tab and select release_32 from the dropdown list. If you are running a 32-bit version of Windows you will automatically receive the 32-bit version of the game, though such Windows versions remain unsupported.
Note: The system requirements for the game have always stated that it requires a 64-bit version of Windows, and future updates for the 32-bit version are not guaranteed indefinitely.
Steam does not currently support automatic crashdump upload for 64-bit applications. We are therefore using a third party tool to provide this facility. If there is a crash then a standard crashdump will be created and uploaded to the third party site, from where we can perform analysis to determine the cause. As with Steam crashdumps no personal information is included in these crashdumps.
• Improved dock info menu by marking enemy NPCs in red.
• Fixed incorrectly sorted NPCs in the dock info menu.
• Fixed CVs being unexpectedly relocated when rammed by boosting capital ships.
• Fixed item trader telling you about an "excellent choice" when you didn't buy anything.
• Fixed long range scanner effects not showing for distant objects.
• Fixed resource menu not opening for ship trader.
• Fixed mission finding player-owned objects as targets.
• Fixed several other small mission issues.
• Fixed architect not being set up correctly on plot CV.
• Fixed capital ships trying to use their jumpdrive when they should go through a gate directly.
• Fixed several cases of incorrectly oriented ship parts on the radar.
• Fixed issues with sending cargo collector drones from certain capital ships.
• Fixed Omicron Lyrae sectors not having an owner faction.
• Fixed inconsistent interact menu item positions.
• Fixed one cause of cargo collector drones having trouble launching/docking.
• Fixed event monitor sounds coming from the wrong direction in first person mode.
• Fixed text errors in German localisation.
• Fixed repair not being available for damaged objects when some sub-components are damaged.
• Fixed build duration and resources required when running a "partial" build (usually in response to missing components).
• Fixed build durations generally not taking into account production method and efficiency.
• Fixed repair resources not being calculated correctly.
• Fixed integrated sub-components sometimes being wrecked independently.
• Fixed various issues with visual build progress becoming inconsistent during building.
• Fixed inconsistent component states, both visual and functional, after destruction/repair in certain circumstances.
• Fixed NPCs on destroyed player platforms not being killed resulting in problems assigning new ones.
• Fixed problems with stop task and with clear shopping list not clearing the shopping list.
• Fixed pilots losing money when they are no longer in the squad when they finish their last planned trade.
• Fixed ships sometimes failing to line up correctly to trade offer docks, blocking trades.
• Fixed problems with drones not returning to dock.
• Fixed problems of losing reputation in wrong cases.
• Fixed various issues with upkeep and Secret Service missions.
• Fixed cases with missing target elements (especially for newly built stations).
• Fixed cases where a super-highway exit incorrectly showed a target element.
• Fixed target element at left side for the playership, when player is under cover.
• Fixed police ships sometimes attacking innocent objects.
• Fixed keeping PageUp/PageDown pressed down not cycling through target when being inside a drone.
• Fixed keeping Shift+F pressed down causing an FPS-drop.
• Fixed achievements for Hard difficulty not unlocking in some cases.
• Fixed several minor physics issues.
• Fixed one cause of "micro-stutter" during gameplay.
• Fixed several causes of occasional crashes.
• Various optimisations resulting in small performance improvements.