To celebrate the release of Alexey Bokulev's latest game Gremlins, Inc. that comes out this week and the connection between the world of Eador titles and the world of Gremlins, Inc., on March 11 we issue special Steam coupons to all the owners of Eador. Genesis and Eador: Masters of the Broken World, entitling them to a one-time discount on Gremlins, Inc. in the period from March 11 – March 31 (if you own one of these games, you will see the coupon in your Steam inventory).
Dear guests from Eador: welcome to Zarr's world, the world of gremlins!
This is good news, and now to the bad ones. The reason our forum disappeared for a while in the first place was because we decided to update it and install some much needed spam protection along the way. Unfortunately, the forum's database was saved incorrectly in the process, and as a result we lost a part of users data, while keeping all messages and files. And sadly, there's no way to just tie the old messages with the newly registered forum accounts, so now we'll have to start with a completely clean slate once again.
We welcome everyone to register on our forum one more time (Steam authorization is in place too, as before) — we'll be very happy to see some of the old familiar nicknames again, as well as all newcomers.
Of course, we understand our forum probably won't be ever as active as in its best days, but we figured having one on hand nevertheless won't hurt. There also should be some new stuff to discuss and leave feedback on pretty soon as well. Who knows, maybe Eador-related too?
A couple of quick fixes today following the last week's update.
Update notes 1.6.2:
- Option for choosing between heroes to transfer to the next shard not working correctly.
- Incorrect turn count for friendly units upon clicking on enemies outside their attack range.
Important note: those of you who experienced graphical glitches after the previous 1.6.1 update, can try to rollback to 1.6.0 version using the beta branch in Steam (called "eadorbeta"). Please let us know if those problems disappear or still stay in place after doing so.
The main addition in today’s update is the ability to transfer progress of one of your heroes, as well as selected items and units, to the next shard.
Now, after you conquer a shard, the game shows a new menu, where at the expense of the astral energy you can choose whom and what you would like to take with you on. Units and items can be exchanged between your heroes, but remember: everything has a price, and most likely something will have to stay behind.
As you can guess, this feature has a bit of experimental nature, so please let us know if you happen to notice some worrisome balance issues.
There's another nice addition for players who value their time and don't like spending it on low-level enemies during late game. If you're sure in your army's capabilities, you now have the opportunity to choose the autocombat option in the province's attack dialogue, right on the strategic map — in this case the game will skip loading the tactical battle.
Update notes 1.6.0:
- New option to transfer units, items and one of the player's heroes to the next shard. - New autocombat option in the province’s attack dialogue on the strategic map.
- Tooltip display for item descriptions. Now additional information for items can be triggered with RMB, instead of mouse hovering.
Not many changes this time around, so once more we'd like to ask you to post the most annoying problems you experience in the game right now.
You can do it in the comments below, in this thread or using our tech support e-mail (more preferable option, and you can send us your savegame) — email@example.com. We look through every message, but unfortunately we can't always reproduce some of the issues you report. At the very least, we'll do our best to investigate what could've gone wrong.
Update notes 1.5.5:
- Diagonal camera movement with Num-pad on the strategic map.
- New window with hero’s detailed information before you choose to hire him.
- Dwarf Engineer unit not getting bonuses from Commander’s “Ranged Tactics” skill.
- Game freeze caused by deleting savegames through the game’s interface.
- Unlimited rewards in a quest from “Mages’ tower”.
- Ability to shoot twice with 1 ammo when you have the “Double Shot” skill.
- Stealth ability exploit. Now it requires 5 stamina per turn.