Hacks/Cheats: New hack preventions have resulted in 40 bans in the past week. We are continuing to monitor the situation to ensure we are on top of everything in terms of hacking and cheating.
If you encounter someone cheating and are 100% sure they are cheating, contact a server admin from the Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivmod If you aren’t able to get ahold of someone, then please make sure you have proof (videos, pictures, etc) along with their FULL Steam ID (not just their nickname) and then send all that info to firstname.lastname@example.org
RCon/Server Admins: We’ve been testing out RCon on the beta app and it’s been working out pretty well so far. With this in mind, server owners will be able to have different levels of admin support for their servers. I will be looking for dedicated people to help admin our official servers. More details to come later.
Google+: As I finally learned how to make an actual group and not just the community group, I have made an official g+ group for Chivalry. If you are a part of the community group, please switch to the actual group as I will no longer make major updates there. https://plus.google.com/117580969435838532708
Hey everyone! Welcome to our Friday Update, where we tell you what we’ve been up to and maybe, just maybe what’s to come! Friday Updates include any information that have to do with Torn Banner Studios and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.
1) Beta Patch: We were trying to get CU1 Patch 3 Beta 2 out to you guys today, but there were some issues with it that weren’t able to get resolved by the end of the day, so that’s why this Friday Update is out so late. Brady has been working feverishly on this, so expect to see this out early next week. Here are some of the changes so you know what’s to come:
Stamina drain from successfully parrying attacks slightly reduced. Vanguard primary weapon knockback values toned down. Two-hander flinch duration down from 1.1 to 1.0. Special daze duration down from 2 to 1.8. Crossbow projectile speeds are lower, and the difference between light and heavy crossbow is less drastic. Corrected Bardiche sprint attack being .15 faster than other sprint attacks. Flail overhead windup from .55 to .5. Heavy Flail overhead windup from .6 to .55. Spear slash windup from .425 to .475. Spear stab windup from .575 to .6. Brandistock slash windup from .45 to .5. Brandistock stab windup from .55 to .6.
2) Micro Transactions: If you’ve been paying attention to the beta app and been playing around with customization, you will notice that you can purchase helmets. As everything on the beta is for testing purposes only, you will NOT be charged if you attempt to go through with the transaction. You will get a message from Steam thanking you for your purchase and that funds have been deducted, however funds have not really been deducted. If you encounter any issues, please send an email to email@example.com with the time of your transaction and Steam ID and we will look into the problem. So please test out the micro transactions at your convenience and let us know in the Beta Feedback forum how it’s working out and any issues you come across. (Please wait until CU1 P3 B2 is released next week to begin testing this out)
3) Steam Summer Sale: The Steam Summer Sale will be continuing until July 22 and Chivalry has been on sale the entire time at 50% off, with a Daily Deal and Flash Sales at 75% off. So if you’ve missed out in the past, you definitely want to take advantage of the discount during this sale.
4) Ask TBS!: Just a reminder that we WILL answer questions in the Ask TBS! section of our forums. It’s just a matter of getting the answers to you when we have them. So if it seems like we’re never answering, we will! As you can see, a lot of questions have been answered recently, so take a look if you have asked a question in the past to see if we tackled yours.
Hi everyone! Welcome to our Friday Update, where we tell you things we’ve worked on and maybe, just maybe things to come!
* Steam Summer Sale: As you can see, the Steam Summer Sale is now in effect. With this comes all sorts of great deals and Chivalry is one of them. During this time, Chivalry will be on sale at varying amounts, but for today only, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is on Steam’s Daily Deals, right at the top, for 75% off - the lowest we have ever been, so take advantage of this awesome deal!
* Steam Trading Cards: Chivalry finally has trading cards! We’ve all been waiting for this and the time has come! Just play the game and you will randomly get some cards. For others, you’ll need to trade with friends or purchase from the Market. Here are some examples of some of the cards you can earn!
* What’s to come: No hotfixes or anything this week, but we might have an update next week for the next beta patch. Everything is looking good. Keep playing around with the SDK and the customization. Any feedback on Rcon would be helpful as well.
It’s that time again for our weekly update. Find out what we’ve been working on and what’s to come! We’ve got some good things coming your way!
* CU1 Patch 2 Hotfix #1: Our big patch was released about a week and a half ago and the first hotfix is now being released to the live game. This will fix the most common issues that have been occurring. The hotfix will be coming out later tonight. Temporary patch notes are listed here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15284
* CU1 Patch 3 Beta 1: The next big patch has already been in progress and we are now releasing it to the beta app for initial testing. This is still a work in progress, so not all changes will be in it. The patch will be up later tonight along with full patch notes. But here are a few things you can look forward to: - server browser fix - flag in the frontend map - customization - rcon The SDK is now also part of the beta build.
* Emblem Contest: In case you missed it the first time, the winners of the emblem contest was announced last week. Full details can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15185
* Community: There is a new community fan site that has just been opened! It is very detailed and offers a lot of things all wrapped up into one lovely site. Definitely worth checking out: http://chivalrychronicles.com
We have joined forces with Unknown Worlds for our big sale this weekend! Both Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and Natural Selection 2 are up for sale at a whopping 66% off from now until Monday at 10am PST! Check it out here: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/ns2_chivalry_weekend.
To celebrate our sale with NS2, Kimiko went on an adventure to the Unknown Worlds office so our community can get an inside look at another indie game company like ours! We have 5 short episodes that you can watch to learn all about Unknown Worlds.
Big news about our game going around right now is the big patch that finally got released. It was a long time in coming with about 8 iterations that went through on our beta app, before finally being pushed to the live game on Monday. Hot fixes will be released, so don’t grumble too much yet!
One last thing! While I was at the studio, we took a few pictures, but I don't quite have them all yet. Once I get them, I'll post them for you. But for now, here are a couple (blurry) pictures I took with my phone!
Natural Selection 2 is an immersive, multiplayer shooter that pits aliens against humans in a strategic and action-packed struggle for survival. It seamlessly combines a shooter/FPS gameplay with a strategy (RTS) game.
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is a first-person slasher with a focus on multi-player. Featuring competitive online combat that seeks to capture the experience of truly being on a medieval battlefield. Inspired from the intensity and epicness of swordfighting movies such as 300, Gladiator and Braveheart, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare aims to bring that experience to the hands of a gamer.
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare has now released CU1 Patch 2! This was a month and a half long process of updating and testing on our beta app, so we're happy to finally get this released to the live game.
Flinch not applying during weapon swap (will apply AFTER you swap weapons). Counterattacks made off of feinted alt-swings transitioning into alt-swings. Kick stun applying during shield drop rather than only active block. Release flinch desyncing near the end of release. Shields being able to exploit tap block to bypass deflected/parried state. Projectile stickies not showing. Pole Hammer sprint attack not moving you forward. Several ballistae bugs. Assists not being awarded properly. Alt slash tracers for fist firing upwards. Projectile speed being influenced by framerate. Alt swing infinite combo. King instantly respawning after death. Random class assigning players to classes over the max amout on class-limited servers. Vertical turn rate being uncapped in a windup or combo. Tapping shield block when out of stamina not applying special daze properly. Sling sometimes firing at minimum windup when the attack button is being held down. Javelin and flail shield punch attacks using weird tracers. Sprint causing you to slide forward during dodge and reload animations. Light crossbow becoming unable to fire. Rank limits not working for rank 0. Removed some potentially abusive console commands. Third person flinch animations playing on friendly fire despite friendly fire not causing flinch. Respawn timer forcing you to the next wave if your spawn timer expires while you're in class or weapon select. Special daze when an out of stamina player blocks a projectile. Server request allowing hackers to spawn as a king. Dodging while dazed or special dazed. Release flinch working on allies. Players being able to bypass forced respawns by entering a siege weapon. "Hiding spot" in the lake on Moor. Infinite objective points from burning a certain house repeatedly on Stoneshill. Players floating into the air if they're kicked while jumping. Possible desync when trying to combo with insufficient stamina. Possible desync with counterattacks ("fake counterattacks"). Shield hitbox for inactive shields counting as headshot damage for melee weapons. Sprint speed not resetting when flinched with toggle sprint active. Server filters sometimes requiring a reset to change. HTML tags in player names. Vanguards being unable to throw torches with sprint attack readied. Lead balls not being able to fire after refilling ammo. Crouch-jumping getting you stuck in crouch. Queued shield blocks not having a capped turn rate.
Kick and shield bash hit detection now uses proper tracers and is more precise when on uneven terrain or against moving targets. Kicks have a 1 second cooldown. Charge system for kicks/shield bashes - tapping kick will perform a quick knockback and daze with no damage and a lower stamina cost, holding kick will do a slightly slower damaging kick with the ability to stun shield users.
Attacks cannot be feinted in the last 200 ms of windup (attack grunt will play at the start of this window). Unable to parry for .4 seconds after a combo feint. Combo feint stamina cost from 15 to 20. Parries can now be combod into from an attack release the same way as attacks are combod, for 10 stamina. Now able to parry in attack recovery - costs 25 stamina and does not allow counterattacks.
Being hit while wielding a ranged weapon no longer flinches, only cancels the attack. Ranged weapons can be swapped away from or have their attack canceled at any time.
Chase boost now only activates against enemies with their backs turned. Chase boost activates from further away.
Bonus stamina regeneration from crouching removed, base stamina regeneration increased. New stamina drain values and absorption rates for all weapons (average stamina loss on parry generally lower, min-max values from 7-35 to 8-25) A wheezing sound now loops when a player is under 30% stamina. Out of stamina grunt will play when you try to perform an action you don't have enough stamina for, rather than when you swing with 0 stamina.
Alt swings have a .1 longer windup. Special daze length from 1.5 to 2 Flinch for twohanders is now 1.1 instead of .8 After being flinched or parried, sprint is disabled for .5 Buckler animations redone to block less screen space. When a match ends, the game no longer freezes. The losing team (or all players but the winner in FFA) are switched to fists. Enemies have slightly larger collision than allies.
Broad and Thrust Dagger size increased by 20% Hunting Knife size increased by 40% Thrusting Dagger overhead damage from 45 to 50 and stab from 40 to 45 Saber slash release from .4 to .375 combo from .6 to .575 and damage from 40 to 45 Saber overhead windup from .45 to .4 release from .4 to .35 and damage from 45 to 55 Saber stab windup from .4 to .45 and release from .4 to .35
Javelin shield punch attacks windup/release/recovery all .35/.3/.5. Short spear stab windup/release/recovery from .45/.3/.55 to .4/.3/.5 and damage from 45 to 50 Javelin stab windup/release/recovery from .4/.3/.65 to .425/.325/.55 and damage from 55 to 60 Heavy Javelin stab windup/release/recovery from .5/.35/.7 to .45/.35/.6 and damage from 60 to 70 Javelin throw windup from .4 to .6 Javelin reload from .9 to .6 Small spear throw windup from .3 to .5 Small spear reload from .8 to .5 Heavy javelin throw windup from .5 to .65 Heavy javelin throw recovery from 1 to .65
Crossbow projectile speed from 7500-8000 to 8500-9000 Crossbow reload from 3.5 to 3 Light Crossbow projectile speed from 7000-7500 to 8000-8500 Light Crossbow reload from 2.5 to 2 Heavy Crossbow projectile speed from 8500-9000 to 9500-10000 Heavy Crossbow reload from 4.5 to 4 Crossbow head multiplier reduced to 1.75x from 2x (Heavy Crossbow will still one shot Knights to the head, but normal Crossbow will not)
Longbow movement speed when drawn from 60% to 75% Shortbow movement speed when drawn from 75% to 90% Bodkin Arrow damage type from Pierce to PierceBlunt Shortbow Broadhead damage from 55 to 60 Shortbow Bodkin damage from 55 to 62 Longbow Broadhead damage from 75 to 83 Warbow Broadhead damage from 105 to 100 Warbow Bodkin damage from 105 to 116
Sling reload from 1 to .75 Pebble minimum windup from .5 to .3 Pebble minimum damage from 25 to 30 Pebble max damage from 45 to 50 Lead ball minimum windup from .7 to .6 Lead ball max damage from 55 to 70 Lead ball minimum damage from 30 to 25 Lead ball ammo count from 20 to 25
Dodge speed reduced by 10% .3 cooldown on dodge. Dodge disabled during windup and release. Attacking disabled for the first half of dodge (attacks will queue instead.) Base speed increased by 10 Sprint acceleration increased by 33% Firepot damage from 7 per second to 6 per second. Firepot ground fire now ignites players who walk over it for 2 seconds.
Holy Water Sprinkler overhead windup/release/combo from .4/.4/.7 to .375/.35/.6 Holy Water Sprinkler slash release from .45 to .4 and combo from .7 to .6 Holy Water stab windup from .3 to .35 and recovery from .4 to .5 Flanged Mace stab windup from .3 to .35. Flanged Mace slash damage from 65 to 64
Hatchet stab windup from .3 to .35. Dane Axe overhead windup from .4 to .45
Falchion slash damage type from SwingBlunt to Swing. Falchion slash damage from 70 to 65
Quarterstaff counts as onehanded when calculating attack stamina costs. Quarterstaff slash windup from .425 to .4 combo from .65 to .6 and damage from 40 to 45 Quarterstaff overhead windup from .45 to .425 combo from .65 to .6 and damage from 45 to 50 Quarterstaff stab damage from 40 to 45
Sprint attacks sped up by about 20%. All sprint attack damage values set to 100. Increased weapon knockback on all primaries. Sprint attack key can now be rebound. Smoke throw windup from 1 to .6
Claymore slash windup/release/combo from .5/.55/.65 to .475/.45/.625 and damage from 75 to 60 Claymore overhead windup/combo/release from .55/.675/.55 to .475/.625/.45 and damage from 85 to 70 Claymore stab windup/combo/release from .65/.65/.45 to .55/.625/.4 and damage from 70 to 65
Bardiche slash windup/combo/release from .55/.7/.65 to .6/.75/.6 Bardiche overhead release from .7 to .6 and damage from SwingBlunt to Swing Bardiche stab windup from .65 to .5 and release from .5 to .4 Polehammer slash damage from 70 to 80 Polehammer overhead damage from 75 to 105 Polehammer stab damage from 65 to 72 Polehammer overhead windup from .675 to .625 Polehammer slash and overhead combos from .8 to .75
Spear slash windup/recovery from .6/.7 to .425/.625 and damage from 40 to 30 Spear overhead windup from .7 to .725 and recovery from .75 to .725 Spear stab windup from .6 to .575, recovery from .725 to .65 and damage from 60 to 55 Fork slash windup/release/recovery from .5/.6/.7 to .4/.375/.6 and damage from 35 to 25 Fork overhead recovery from .75 to .7 Fork stab windup from .5 to .475 recovery from .725 to .65 and damage from 58 to 50 Brandistock slash windup/release/recovery from .6/.6/.7 to .45/.45/.65 Brandistock stab windup/release/recovery from .7/.4/.725 to .55/.35/.65 and damage from 60 to 65 Brandistock overhead damage from 90 to 95 (Not technically a Vanguard weapon, but close enough:) Flag slash windup/release/recovery from .7/.65/.8 to .5/.45/.7 Flag overhead windup/release/recovery from .8/.55/.85 to .75/.5/.8 and damage from 58 to 70 Flag stab windup/release/recovery from .75/.5/.825 to .6/.4/.65
Resistance to blunt reduced by 1% (Mace 2-shots Knights with overhead headshots, Maul 1-shots Knights with overhead headshot) Knight swords now usable one-handed without a shield. Pressing "1" toggles between 1 and 2 handed, "3" toggles between shield and no shield.
Longsword overhead damage from 85 to 82 Longsword stab damage from 65 to 61 Longsword overhead windup/combo/release from .5/.65/.65 to .525/.675/.6 Longsword slash combo from .65 to .675 Sword of War overhead damage from 75 to 70 Sword of War stab damage from 75 to 68 Sword of War slash release from .6 to .525 and combo from .65 to .675 Sword of War overhead release from .6 to .525 and combo from .65 to .675 Sword of War stab release from .35 to .4 and combo from .65 to .675 Messer slash windup from .55 to .525 recovery from .9 to .8 and damage from 85 SwingBlunt to 99 Swing Messer overhead combo/release/recovery from .75/.65/.85 to .7/.6/.8 Messer 1H slash release from .45 to .4 and damage from 70 SwingBlunt to 80 Swing Messer 1H overhead combo from .75 to .7
Double Axe size increased 20% Double Axe slash combo from .8 to .7 and damage from 85 to 90 Double Axe overhead combo from .8 to .7 and damage from 95 to 115 Bearded Axe slash windup/release/recovery from .425/.55/.8 to .475/.45/.7 Bearded Axe overhead windup/release/recovery from .425/.5/.8 to .475/.4/.7 Bearded Axe overhead damage from 87 to 90
Grand Mace slash damage from 90 to 80 Grand mace overhead windup from .5 to .525 Maul slash windup from .7 to .65 and recovery from 1.2 to 1.1 Maul overhead recovery from 1.2 to 1.1 and damage from 125 to 132
Flail slash windup from .55 to .5 release from .55 to .5 and damage from 55 to 60 Flail overhead release from .55 to .4 and damage from 65 to 70 Heavy Flail slash windup from .6 to .55 release from .6 to .55 and damage from 65 to 70 Heavy Flail overhead release from .6 to .45 and damage from 70 to 75
Hey everyone! It’s time for our Friday Update, and we’ve got a lot going on for you this week!
1) Pax Prime: We are definitely going! We’ll have a smaller booth compared to Pax East, but we’ll be there and in “Prime” form. So come check us out! We’ll have more details posted up as it gets closer to the event.
3) Emblem Contest: We have received an amazing amount of wonderful emblems for this contest. Thank you everyone for participating! The deadline is tomorrow night, so get those last minute submissions in! Here is the contest thread in case you missed it the first time: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14449
4)8v8 Team Objective Tournament: This weekend, there is a North American 8v8 TO Tournament happening and you’re all invited to watch it! It’s happening this Saturday and Sunday and the community chipped in $730! Torn Banner has matched this, so there is a grand total of $1460 up for grabs, with the prize money going to the top 3 teams. All details including the links to the streams will be posted here: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=13990! Good luck everyone!
Hello! It’s time once again for our Friday Update, for the week of June 14!
We’ve just been bombarding you with all kinds of fun things lately and this week is no different!
1) Mod Tools + SDK: Yes, we released this in alpha stage on our beta app 3 days ago and the response has been enormous. People have really been looking forward to this and now that it’s out to be played with, expect to see all kinds of new and fun content that will keep you entertained for hours! Keep in mind that this is still in the early stages, so it won’t be released to the live game for some time, but enjoy playing with it and creating your content in the meantime. There are lot of good tutorials out there, so be sure to search around! Also, it’s very important that you read through our SDK documentation carefully, so you understand how everything works prior to starting and while you are getting setup. Our documentation can be found here: https://tornbannerjira.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CHIVCOM/Chivalry+SDK
2) Emblem Contest: In case you missed it the first time, we have an emblem contest going on right now! The lucky winners will get their emblem put into our game in our customization setup and receive a peasant hat for their characters! Full details here: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14449
4) CU1 Patch 2 Beta 6 RC 1 is now updated on the beta app!
Yes, yet another beta update, but we’re down to the wire and after this one, we should be releasing into the live very soon!
Here are the changes that were done:
- If you're kicked during shield drop you're no longer special dazed, only if the kick connects against an active block. - If you're hit in release on the server, but you're in transition on the client, it forces you into recovery. I.E. client and server are now properly syncing release-flinch. - Shields should have a .3 longer drop time if you raise your shield while in recovery. This is in the same vein as recovery parries not allowing counterattacks. - Tapping block with a shield while deflected extends your shield drop by the remaining time in your deflect, so you can't abuse shield tap to attack quickly after being parried or hitting a wall. - Projectile stickys should now show up on characters when they’re hit, both when they’re alive or dead. - Flinch is now 1.1 for two handed weapons. - Kicks now have a 1 second cool down. - You can no longer attack during pre-round freeze in duel mode (IE. Archers). - Pole Hammer sprint attack fixed (no longer able to move freely in any direction during the attack). - Dodging during recovery should only apply to attack recovery, not parry recovery (same as live). - The panic parry function should only work in an attack recovery, not a parry recovery.