25-01-2017 What’s New (Summary) - First pass of VR support - Leaderboard divisions. - Multiplayer Browser Revamp. - Manual Pitstops in Get Real. - AI Stress factor. - All DTM seasons updated to latest physics. - Silverstone and Stowe.
Game: - Added a first pass of support for OpenVR. Read more about it HERE . - Fixed an issue where turning the virtual wheel in vehicle settings on/off would not apply in game until session restart. - Tweaks to Memory usage of Instant Replays and changed so instant replays always request 300 seconds length. Memfiles are now written to disk when becoming too large. - Player is now allowed to pit in non race sessions (to practice pitstops, change tires, refuel…). Before, the player would automatically be brought to garage menu after entering pitlane. - Fixed issue with timing on single lap layouts (ie Nordschleife Tourist) when starting from garage in non race sessions. - Fixed issue with best individual sector times being calculated incorrectly. - Fixed a case where enabling Manual Depth of Field mode wouldn’t always lock the focus plane on the currently selected car - Fixed AI pitting in last lap on certain occasions by adding precision to calculations for refuelling. - Fixed incorrect stance for certain cars, fixed this for replays as well now. - Updated the Fanatec SDK to version 2.2 - Added support for Fanatec CSL and added a default profile. - Moved the message area used for displaying current camera, chat messages etc. down a bit so they don't overlap with the text field that displays which leaderboard division the player is in. - Fixed issue with mouse steering resetting to zero position when looking left/right in cockpit & hood cams. - Fixed an issue with race position overlay sometimes missing entries if they get processed in the wrong order. - Fixed an issue where player would see pit lane speed window when off track on certain areas. - Fixed an issue in timing screen where multiple entries of the same driver would appear. - Minor tweaks and fixes to protocol that communicates to backend and web to support the additional data in the MP browser. - Fixed DQ on late penalties being treated as it was ON when it was OFF. - The Pit menu and Pit In Now overlays should now be hidden when restarting a non race session. - Fixed an issue where cars could remain ghosted after receiving a slow-down penalty - Fixed a crash occuring when game attempted to save pit presets on certain occasions. - Fixed a rendering issue with cars that would occur when changing visual preset from low to custom and changing shadows from off to lowest.
Multiplayer: - Fixed issue with the dedicated server writing a backend log file in the wrong folder when too many liveries were allowed on the server. - Fixed an issue in timing screen where multiple entries of the same driver would appear.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI: - Introduced “Stress factor” for AI. AI’s can now be pushed into making mistakes when under pressure. Likelihood of those mistakes increases from being chased and from collisions. - Improved AI awareness of opponents on their sides. - When two AI’s are side by side reaching a braking point, one will brake 3% earlier and the other 2% later, depending on longitudinal position and relative speeds - Increased awareness for AI when under blue flag and upon leaving pitlane for incoming traffic - Punctures : occurrence of tire punctures are now tied to wheel rotation speed rather than vehicle speed. - Reduced the bouncing of certain cars upon spawning in their garage location. - Fixed a case that would cause 4WD cars to run with differentials wide open - Fixed a case where DRS could disengage when driving over bumps - Audi TT Cup and TT RS VLN : Added rear downforce to AI cars to keep them more stable in high speed weight transfers where they are often caught losing control. Tweaked AI versus players collisions to be more fair to the player - DTM : Ported 2016 physics and sounds to all past seasons of the DTM. - GTR 3 : AI update, Improved standing starts for all cars, AI versus player collisions tweak to be more fair to the player - Mercedes C63 DTM 2016 : Fixed the noisy suspensions and increased engine volume - Raceroom FR3 : updated sounds - RedBull Ring GP : Cut rules update for more strict rules
Art: - Chang: Adjusted IBL to match the new light setting - Zandvoort : fixed missing terrain, fixed missing generics, fixed terrain normals, redone sets for generics/audience, swapped 2d audience with latest models, fixed underpass shadow on track - Alpina B6 : Fixed incorrect windscreen banners in certain liveries.
Portal & Backend: - Revamped Multiplayer Browser. - Implemented Leaderboard Divisions. Leaderboards with over 100 entries will now divide into divisions. - Added thumbnail support to MP Browser. Dedi admins can now upload their custom image to represent their servers (PS: Servers with offensive images will be removed.) - Fixed some scrolling issues in certain sections of portal. - Fixed an issue where clicking the race button in MP browser while it is greyed out would lock the game.
Game: - Fixed an issue where the game would get stuck after skipping a session in a custom championship. - Fixed an issue where the car setup file was being saved in wrong directory after loading championship. - Fixed an issue with cars being too spread out in rolling start and almost going off the road. - Fixed an issue where tyres were changing regardless of player choice during pitstop. - Fixed so brake bias etc. can only be changed as long as the player's car hasn't finished the race. - Reduced ffb slip effects for default xbox gamepad control sets.
Multiplayer: - Removed RaceSeriesFormat from multiplayer (now it always use custom/RRE format). - Disabled full lap time syncing upon joining a dedicated server. It now only requests the best lap time of each opponent instead of all of them. This should help with people experiencing problems when joining a server at the end of a long practice or qualifying session. - Fixed an issue where opponents driving certain cars such as Audi TT Cup would appear to have a bad stance, appearing taller. - Fixed an issue with garage countdown timer still being visible in menus after leaving a MP session during garage phase. - Fixed an issue with dedis not reporting results to backend. - Fixed issue with dedis not using correct race length for race 2 & 3.
Sounds, Physics & AI: - Reduced engine sensitivity to side contacts in mid and rear engine cars - Sachsenring: Fixed AI hitting the tire wall at pit exit - Red Bull Ring Spielberg: Added alternative layout Südschleife National Circuit - Finalized Formula RaceRoom 3 physics and AI for release
Portal & Backend: - Added option to hide password protected servers to MP browser. - Added quick search field to MP browser. - Fixed an issue with competition end countdown being inaccurate for players in different timezones. - Fixed an issue with an essential pack already owned appearing as purchasable when looking at a car in car selection menus.
Multiplayer: - Fixed an issue where weight penalties were automatically enabled in mp when there are multiple race sessions in event. - Fixed issue with people getting Disqualified on race start. Players are now force moved to their correct start location when countdown phase begins. - Fixed issue with players starting in garage having to do one more lap in race. - Fixed Race sessions 2 and 3 showing as Race 1 in Session Info. - Fixed an issue with dedicated server using reversed qualifying result when setting up race 1.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics, AI Portimao - Fixed turn 1 cut corridor being too narrow.
Game: - Disabled “Peer 2 Peer” functionality in Multiplayer for the time being while investigating a problem with opponents disappearing. - Fixed a rare crash that could occur due to bad data. - Fixed a crash when loading adac championships. - Fixed a rare crash that occurred due to the background video in menus. - Updated localisation. - Added support for Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer steering wheel. - Made the Manual Control of Depth of Field bindable in control settings.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics, AI - Bathurst : New sets of TV cameras
Art - Hungaroring : Resurface job to reduce bumpiness.
Known Issues: - In multiplayer player may not be able to refuel. To avoid this issue, please ensure that the dedicated server is set to use “Custom/RRE” for “Race Series Format”. - In multiplayer players may experience Disqualifications. To avoid this issue please ensure the dedicated server has “Flag Rules” set to OFF and “non ready pitlane start delay” to 0 (OFF). - In multiplayer players may experience issues with reverse grid working incorrectly. To avoid this issue please ensure the dedicated server has “Reverse Start Order Places” set to OFF.
These are temporary workarounds until we provide you with another hotfix patch hopefully next week.
Game - Fixed an issue with rules presets not functioning in Single Event Mode. - Made the Manual Control of Depth of Field bindable in control settings. - Fixed so mandatory pitstop window is now defined by a percentage of the total race time. - Fixed a rare crash that was occurring when coming back to main menu. - Added support for Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer steering wheel.
Multiplayer - Fixed so Race 2 / Race 3 sessions are working as intended. - Fixed so reversed grid option in MP is working as intended. - Made a potential fix for cars that would disappear and remain invisible for long periods.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics, AI - Bathurst : New sets of TV cameras
Art - Hungaroring : Resurface job to reduce bumpiness.
Portal & Backend - Various fixes and further optimizations in backend to improve loading times caused by certain packs containing too many items. - Changed so the packs are no longer re-purchasable after it gets a new content added. - Added so the Car Class Packs appear under Packs section. - Fixed cancel and close buttons on some portal popups not working.
- Added new content for upcoming releases and competitions.
- Unified Experiences and moved some of the experience specific settings to R3E.
- Added “Depth of Field” visual effect. Active in TV cameras, Hood camera, Action cameras and Free Camera. CTRL-M enables a simple UI to adjust the blurring effects and focus position.
- Shared Memory API overhaul, added various additional data and potential for backward compatibility starting this patch.
- Added support for SimXperience Accuforce steering wheel.
- Extended freedom of movement for the freecam and added two modes for it: “Attached to the car position and its rotation” and “Attached to the car position only”. Pressing the key bound to free cam will cycle through the three modes.
- When under a slow-down penalty, collisions with the car are disabled.
- When under a slow-down penalty, the amount of speed the player is still allowed to carry has been increased, but keep in mind you will be giving back any time gained at a slower rate by driving faster.
- Fixed an issue where the ghost car was producing audio while waiting for the player’s car at the S/F line.
- Fixed so compact data display shows fuel in gallons if mph/imperial units are selected.
- Fixed replays missing the first 60 seconds of a race by pausing replay recording during garage phase.
- Re-enabled hud during garage phase while waiting on the grid.
- Changed position bar so it doesn’t display information during garage phase.
- Fixed the issue where you would get disqualified immediately after the lights in hillclimb tracks.
- Fixed using arrow keys for increase/decrease in pit menu going through settings very fast.
- Fixed a crash that was occurring when leaving a Hillclimb session after finishing a run.
- Fixed rear lights flashing when pressing the headlights button
- Ensured that certain reset commands are sent to DirectInput devices when effects are disabled.
- Changed “off” steerForceVibe period to be 2000000.
- Increased maximum execution time for all communications from 30 seconds to a minute or higher.
- Disabled FFB when reaching the spring based lock if it's active.
- Cleaned up the ffb code a bit while fixing the above issue. Removed mimic code and made sure all ffb effects are turned off during AI control.
- Fixed game crashing while navigating in the portal while in a competition session.
- Fixed an issue with damage when downshifting without clutch.
- Disabled foreground window lock when playing fullscreen.
- Disabled game minimizing when losing focus.
- Fixed game crashing/freezing when pressing pit request button while no audio device is connected.
- Changed throttle pedal zero magnitude and vibe slope default values to 0.
- Added 2 race format and reversed grids.
- The netcode is now IPv6 compatible.
- Removed some unused functions from netcode that were somehow triggering crashes for some players.
- Potentially fixed an issue where cars not within Peer to Peer range would become invisible.
- We now allow duplicate server names to avoid admins not being able to access their settings if a condition such as their IP changes. (Also means we no longer have to remove their names from the associated server list manually).
- Added so the associated server list clears names that have been inactive for 30 days.
- Removed the gridwalk camera phase since it’s irrelevant with the introduction of garage phase.
- Fixed issue with xinput controllers ending up in an unusable state after disconnect/reconnect/usb port switch etc.
- Fixed issue with opponent cars briefly disappearing during starting light phase.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics, AI:
- Significant AI logic improvements.
- Added punctures to the tire model. Past the lowest possible wear value, tires have a chance to puncture.
- It is now impossible to disable autoclutch aid on sequential gearbox’d cars.
- DRS effects on the aerodynamics of the car have been reworked
- DRS allowance is now 3 activations per lap with a gap detection of 1 second at the S/F line.
- Push 2 Pass is now disabled in qualifying and competitions to comply with the changes made in 2016 to the Audi Sport TT Cup official rules and regulations.
- Downshifting without clutch on a H-Pattern gearbox now properly damages the gearbox.
- BMW 635 : Interior cockpit texture update
- BMW M1 Procar : Better standing starts for AI, made AI less easily roll up on curbs.
- DTM : DRS adjustment to previous seasons so they also benefit from DRS aerodynamics improvements.
- DTM 1992 : Removed Traction Control ranges
- Ford Mustang GTO : Coast revs sounds adjustments in cockpit.
- Formula cars : New internal gearshifts sounds (except the Junior which is H-pattern)
- Silhouette class cars now have new action cameras
- WTCC 2015 : AI optimizations for new code
- Hockenheim : AI optimizations for new code
- Indianapolis : New sets of TV cameras (reminder : use End key to cycle through them)
- Laguna Seca : New sets of TV cameras
- Lausitzring : New sets of TV cameras
- Macau : AI optimization for new code. Hairpin is a no-overtake zone (for AI only for now, until we have a flag system for players)
- Monza : New sets of TV cameras
- Moscow : AI Optimizations for new code on the FIM layout
- Norisring : New sets of TV cameras, AI optimizations for new code
- Paul Ricard : AI optimizations for new code, tweaks to cut corridors
- Portimao : New sets of TV cameras, AI optimizations for new code
- Slovakiaring : Sector gates are now matching the real track
- Sonoma Raceway : AI Optimizations for new code
- Spa-Francorchamps : Runoff tarmac areas now properly have lowered grip, fixed faulty cut rules near the pit exit on Combined and Classic layouts
- Zandvoort : AI optimizations for new code
- LOD system improvements on many cars
- Adjustment of distances for the fog effects for smoother transitions on zoomed cameras
- DTM tracks have received their 2016 season advertisement dressing as well as various bug fixes
- Audi TT cup : adjustment to the invisible collision box of the car, size adjustment of the drop shadow area under the car.
- BMW 635 : Fixed a hole in the engine bay when the front of the car is damaged
- Chevrolet Camaro GT3 : Fixed a slight blurb of paint on the trunk of livery #16
- Mercedes SLS GT3 : Fixed an issue with the visual damage on the hood, fixed a few issues on various liveries
- Volvo 240T : Interior textures update
- Hockenheim : Updates of the 3D curbs, various bug fixes
- Hungaroring : Updates of the 3D curbs, various bug fixes
- Oschersleben : Updates of the 3D curbs, slight tweaks to camber and elevation in certain areas, reduced some nasty bumps on the track surface.
- Macau : Resurfaced the track to be less bumpy, various bug fixes
- Monza : Visual tweaks
- Nuerburgring : Distance markers for the chicane are now visible, various bug fixes.
- Spa-Francorchamps : Fixed various bugs, added one advertisement location at La Source.
- Zandvoort : Made the exit curb at turn 4 (Hugenholtzbocht) 20 meters longer.
Portal & Backend
- Revamped Portal Store with new theme and new structure.
- Fixed some issues with certain special characters causing issues in initial username on new accounts.
- Implemented Essential Packs and Car Class Packs.