Hey everyone, Krathan here again to deliver some news!
Before I get to the patch notes, there is something we want to address. As you are probably well aware, our recent chest events have had some serious hiccups and rightfully caused a lot of frustration - for us as well.
Along with all the other fixes we have going live, the kinks with the new system should finally be ironed out now. We didn't want to extend the duration of the event while it was still acting up, but decided to run an Undead Lair event next weekend to confirm everything is functioning properly and stress-test the feature. More info on that soon.
Now, let's get to it! This time around we have a small-ish patch which mostly focuses on polish and fixes, while we're preparing for a bigger patch some time soon to kick off the winter season.
End of Halloween Events
The Fall Nexus is back! To avoid confusion, we have removed the Alchemist until we figure out what to do with that feature.
Piles of Bones, Pumpkin Shrines and Zombie Hordes no longer spawn, Oryx 2 stopped wearing Halloween costumes and no longer drops Magic Pumpkins.
Feed Power was added to Pumpkin Seed tokens (200 each) and Bone tokens (50 each), but they can no longer be exchanged for items.
The Killer Bee Nest is now optional like the Lost Sentry (still visible on the mini-map).
Month of the Mad God tokens and bags have been removed.
New Shop UI - Promotions, Packages and Mystery Boxes are combined in a brand new Shop UI with some additional functionalities.
New customer support login integration.
Quality of Life
Legends leaderboards display a red glow for the top 10 players.
Potion Purchases are disabled by default.
HP Bars are enabled by default.
Fixed damage bypassing invulnerability under specific circumstances, while encountering lag spikes. Oryx lag should finally no longer be a threat, but be careful nonetheless!
Fixed teleport going on cooldown despite failing, improved error handling.
Fixed Parasite Chambers, Puppet Master's Encore and Lair of Shaitan completions not being tracked.
Fixed Nexus and Options button overlapping with the mini map.
Fixed disconnection issue in the Shatters.
Cleaned up invisible Shatters entities which were unnecessarily marked as enemies.
We've got a pretty big one for you and hope the wait wasn't too… horrifying. Happy Halloween!
Halloween Events (from 10/24/17 until 11/14/17)
Halloween is here and with it comes a whole bunch of events in the game!
The new Halloween Nexus is live! Huge thanks to Beige as always!
The Zombie Horde, Pumpkin Shrine and Halloween Oryx 2 are back:
Defeat them to collect limited edition re-skin weapons and Pumpkin seed tokens, hidden inside the Magic Pumpkins!
Collect 50 tokens during the Event to claim a Helm of the Jack-o’-naut!
Piles of Bones and their undead servants can be found throughout the Realm during the Event:
Destroy them to collect Bone Tokens!
Exchange 50 tokens to claim the exclusive Halloween 2017 Haunted Robe Wizard skin!
Halloween reskinned weapons drop from the following Bosses for the duration of the Event:
Septavius the Ghost God (Undead Lair): Staff of Horrific Knowledge, Skull-splitter Sword
Lord Ruthven (Manor of the Immortals): Bow of Nightmares, Dagger of the Terrible Talon
Ghost of Skuld (Haunted Cemetery): Wand of Ancient Terrors, Corrupted Cleaver
Halloween Event Chests schedule:
Puppet Master Encore: from 10/27/17 to 10/30/17
Ocean Trench: from 11/3/17 to 11/6/2017
Shatters: from 11/10/17 to 11/13/17
From today until 10/31/17, use fame points in-game to contribute to unlocking the Halloween 2017 Community Reward:
10M Fame used by the Community will unlock: Candy of Extreme Wisdom!
20M Fame used by the Community will unlock: Candy of Extreme Dexterity!
The Candies will instantly max out both stats on your favorite character!
The rewards will be available on Halloween day!
"Hey Deca, how the hell are we supposed to spend 20,000,000 fame points in a week?!"
Here are some facts for you guys: during MotMG, the community has spent a total of 78,584,700 fame points, just on Craig's fame boxes! This time EVERYTHING counts!
We're also adding the Halloween Fame Box to the Mystery Box shop to help you with the task: some cool cosmetics, backpacks and a chance to win the exclusive Mini Cauldron Pet Stone (credits: UIPY)!
New horrors have entered the Realm! Go look for infested buildings near the mountains to gain access to this new high level dungeon. And be careful, it's not for the faint of heart.
New permanent addition to the Realm.
3 New UTs: a Spell, a Tome and a Scepter.
New mechanic: Explosive Barrels. I’m sure you’ll figure it out, just be careful. Like you should be when handling any explosives!
Health scaling: specific enemies scale with a number of players in the dungeon.
Stone Guardians also have proper health scaling, which replaced their scaling regeneration.
Increased the drop chance for the Manor of the Immortals.
Quality of Life
New command /event now displays in the chat log dungeons that have chest events active.
Frequent chat log system messages will now display which events are currently running.
Portals start flashing 5 seconds before they disappear.
Always Show EXP option: Show EXP notifications even when level 20.
Introduce invulnerability to all players when Realm generation occurs (Oryx lag).
Equipment Tool Tips:
Spells show their amount of shots.
Boomerang on projectiles is displayed and cuts range in half to avoid confusion.
Parametric on projectiles is displayed and it uses the magnitude as the range.
Range rounds to the second digit.
Rate of Fire now shows the weapon's actual value rather than relative comparison.
Comparison for Cooldown and Shots.
Better fix for invisible enemy de-sync (fixes the brief flashing).
No longer using queued text for Level Up notifications.
Made the Disable Ally Notifications option affect Level Up and EXP notifications.
The Horrific Creation no longer gets stuck outside of the room.
The Ninja default skin is back!
Equipment Tool Tips:
Boomerang on projectiles is displayed and cuts range in half to avoid confusion.
Fixed "Shots: 1" sometimes showing when not needed.
HP Bar Fixes:
Bars no longer show on invincible objects (for example traps in the Cave of a Thousand Treasures).
Bars no longer disappear on Rogue when invisible or Paladin when invulnerable.
Bars always show on Kage Kami (and his grave).
Bars always show on Treasure Pots in the CoaTT.
Bars always show on the final Ghost of Skuld.
Bars no longer show on Sprite Trees.
The Lunar Mystic skin has improved animations.
Several skin sprites and dye masks have been adjusted.
Baggage! (Quality of Life and Fixes)
New bag types!
Orange: ST, Skins, Pet Skins, Dyes, Cloths, Keys, Pet Food and Wine Cellar Incantations.
Gold: Tokens, Marks, Treasures and Tarot Cards.
Red: T13 Weapons, T14 Armors and T6 Rings (Unbound).
Bag priorities: Brown - Pink - Purple - Egg - Gold - Cyan - Blue - Orange - Red - White.
Loot Drop/Tier Potions no longer result in one bag color but rather one for each regular bag, so you can still get White Bags! This also means low tier bags won't be turned soulbound for potion users anymore.
Low tier items can be drop-traded!
Up to T9 Weapons, T4 Abilities, T10 Armors and T4 Rings (Paramount).
Hp/Mp pots and special consumables (now also counting Tinctures, Cocktails, and the Wooden Box).
You can now drag items directly out of loot bags like in good old times!
Just like portals, bags also start flashing 5 seconds before they disappear.
White Bags last two minutes instead of one.
Uncommon Eggs, Tinctures, Cocktails and the Wooden Box are no longer soulbound.
All special consumables drop in soulbound bags like they used to (Drake Eggs, Holy Water, Ghost Pirate Rum, etc.).
Fixed client trying to drop drop-tradable items into soulbound bags and soulbound items into public bags.
Fixed items getting stuck on the game screen while dragging them. No more drag and drop art and item golems on the game screen, sorry! It's the end of an era.
The honor to provide our patch notes to you has been bestowed upon me, now that Myzzrym has left us to pursue other opportunities. We wish him the very best and hope he can drop by some time to tell us tales of… his adventures? Lamborghini adventures.
No longer will I have to bother him because of last minute changes or because I spotted a typo somewhere too late. Now I get to make and hopefully correct ALL the typos myself!
Alright, so this time around there aren't really that many new topics.
Wait, what's that? Am I being told we actually have THREE? AGAIN?! Well, better get to it then...
Okay, I tried reaching Craig to help me with this, but it seems like he ended up in someone's Guild Hall again… that's alright, poor guy had enough on his plate with everyone trying to ruin his summoning rituals anyway. I can do this!
The patch notes! Much needed and asked for Quality of Life additions and tons of fixes. So many in fact, that I felt the need to come up with categories! I am very excited to bring you these!
We fixed a few inconsistencies and issues that have been in the game for years, so we are aware that some of these might take some getting used to!
End of the Month of the Mad God
We hope you had fun and I swear we'll go easier on the moss next year! We appreciate all the feedback you had for us, keep it coming!
The Oryx Horde has been deactivated and the statue is back in the Vault.
The Leprechaun has been deactivated.
Demon Blade and Doom Bow drop like they used to.
Moss, Stone, and Mad God tokens now have feed power values: 50 / 100 / 200, but do not drop anymore.
Teleportation in the Nest is back to beeing disabled.
Loot Tier Potions no longer affect Potion drops: Health and Magic Pots no longer turn into Stat Pots, but Stat Pots also no longer turn into Wines.
Medusas drop Snake Pit instead of Abyss of Demons.
White Demons drop Abyss of Demons instead of Ice Cave.
Unbound Rings finally have their own descriptions.
Curse no longer soaks enemies in tomato sauce.
Quality of Life
Disable Particles Master option: Disable all nonessential particles besides enemy and ally hits. Throw, Area and certain other effects will remain.
Other particle effects that aren't disabled: Pet abilities (Electric and Rising Fury), Lightning (Scepters), Ring (Traps), Vent (Ocean Trench), and Vortex (Void portal).
Disable Ally Notifications option: Disable text notifications above allies.
Disable Enemy Damage Text option: Disable damage from other players above enemies.
Disable Ally Damage Text option: Disable damage above allies.
Disable Players Hit Particles option now functions properly.
Items display temporary stat boosts in tooltips (Cocktails, Tinctures, Gumballs, etc.).
New command /classes, /class or /c to display how many players of each class there are in your area.
Client corrects enemies that turned invisible due to desync issues (healed on death, etc.).
Notifications no longer use queued text.
Damage from Prism of Dire Instability, Ghostly Prism, Hivemaster Helm bees, Drakes, and all explosive consumables count towards the user's soul bound damage.
Gravel no longer ignores invincibility and has a more accurate description.
Orange Drakes and Gravel no longer ignore Stasis Immunity.
Orange and Blue Drakes only zap enemies they can affect.
Pet food no longer implies that you can equip it and displays a better tip.
Fixed tooltips for ST items on leaderboards.
Fixed redundant information for Helm of Draconic Dominance.
Fixed an issue where consumables other than keys could not be used when under 10 stars.
Fixed an issue where certain items would not grant their intended Fame Bonus.
Invincible and invisible enemies can no longer be (attempted to be) cursed.
Fixed Marble Pillar buffs not affecting cloaked Rogues.
Fixed green Mad Lab liquid uncloaking Rogues.
Corrupted Armors will now spawn with their own tile to remove obstacles.
Fixed Swoll Fairy Boomerang range.
Enemies now despawn if they are about to enter the closed boss room.
Spectral Sentry at the Encounter now despawns properly at the end of the fight even if stuck.
The Marble Colossus no longer leaves rocks alive and still spawns the void rift when killed too fast.
Marble Colossus Lasers should no longer desync.
Insta-killing Cultists no longer locks the fight.
Many Old XML Issues which will result in slightly different behaviors here and there, here are some noteworthy changes
Drakes: buffed ranges (like Wild Shadow initially intended!) except for White and Orange.
Gravestones: fixed level 1 and level 20 lifetimes.
Eye of the Avatar: less shots, but more and consistent damage.
Oryx Puppet: fixed stacked shots, fixed pattern arcs, increased shot ranges, and made the Artifact phase less pointless.
Fixed the following Skins: Snow Queen, Blizzard Sorcerer, Slashing Beauty, Princess Warrior, and Stone Skin.
Fixed default Archer attack animation (hat and belt) and Limon sprite dirt.
Fixed various unnecessary spaces and improper punctuation in enemy dialogue.
Fixed extra spaces appearing in multi-lined chat messages.
Fixed various typos and small errors.
The Tinkerer is back and has changed quite a lot: new UI, new features, new quests and a bunch of general improvements to the Daily Quest system!
Here are the main and most relevant changes with the new version:
5 quests refreshing every day are now available.
Quest list is randomized per user.
Quests can be completed in any order without the need to complete quest 1 to get quest 2.
Items required for the quests are now directly parsed and consumed from the inventory and backpack (goodbye, tedious drag and drop!.
For the quests themselves, as you will see, we have decided to put the focus on dungeon completion rather than the old system of requiring a random item to be turned in.
Most bosses in the game now drop their corresponding Mark (e.g. Mark of Septavius). Marks are a new soulbound and non-stackable quest item. They are guaranteed to drop from each boss and thus fairly common. We want to incentivize running dungeons for the quests rather than stockpiling Marks, but you can go for it if you're willing to sacrifice the space.
Collect the marks after defeating Oryx and his allies hiding in their dungeons and bring them back to the Tinkerer to obtain great rewards in exchange: Quest Chests and Epic Quest Chests.
Quest Chests drop Stat Potions, tiered items and UTs from all dungeons in the Normal Quest pool.
Epic Quest Chests drop more and better Stat Potions, higher tiered items and UTs from all dungeons in the Epic Quest pool.
The first quests will become available tomorrow!
UGC - User Generated Content
Big news here as well, we are happy to announce the release of the Public RotMG XML Documentation!
It was about a year ago when we first started looking into UGC. Pioneered by Kiddforce and Sues with the Sewers and the Hive, we have come a long way since then. We are really humbled and impressed by the passion the community has always shown on Reddit, Realmeye and Discord when it comes to suggesting or designing content ideas for the game.
To take that creativity even further, we wanted to give you the means to breathe life into these concepts. Releasing the documentation and enabling XML enthusiasts is the first step we make in that direction.
For now, it will only be the specifications. It covers the basics of how to make your own monster! Included are also more advanced topics, like Orders, Tags, Embeds, a list of all Behaviors, and more!
We are looking forward to seeing if this project picks up and if so, are fully ready to support content made by the Community for the Community.
Ahem ahem. Let’s start with a message from the entire Deca team today:
This release marks the first anniversary of the complete transfer of Realm of the Mad God from Kabam to Deca!
A little more than one year ago, we took over the operations and development of the game with the objective to breathe new life into it. It has been a great ride, not everyday smooth but always rewarding. Our team has grown in both size and experience, we met a lot of dedicated and talented community members who helped us designing exciting new content along the way and also could always rely on the Community as a whole to share great ideas, feedback, complaints, bug reports, kind words or fun memes!
We are looking forward to many more years of fun with Realm of the Mad God and are very thankful to you all for your support!
Well, with that out of the way, here comes the patch notes! Month of the Mad God and Lost Hall incoming!
* Month of the Mad God! You can check the schedule here. Month of the Mad God ends Tuesday September 5th. * Lost Hall is live! Give Kiddforce, Toastrz & the rest of the crew a good pat on the back if you see them! * The Oryx Horde has arrived! Look for Craig in the Realm and ruin his day like the evil adventurers you are! Hans, are we the baddies? * Be on the lookout! Both Biff and the Leprechaun will also be back later during the month... with a vengeance! * New Fame Box every Thursday starting on August 10th! Limit of 5 per player (Craig’s Welcome Fame Box limited to 1 per player) * Deca Anniversary Package will be up in a few hours! Be sure to grab it before MotMG ends and get your free Gold Mystery Skin, Backpack and 100 Mystery Stat Pots (SB)! This pack is only available to players who created their account before August 1st 2017.
Shop & Items
* Nexus Shop revamp! You can now find older skins on sale directly in the Nexus. * Dye Remover! You can find both Accessory & Clothing Dye Removers in the Nexus for 50 Fame. * Pet Food update! Most Pet Food items price have been decreased and Feed Power increased. * Skin & Pet Stone update! Skins’ & Pet Stones’ Feed Power have been adjusted according to their rarity. * Moss, Stone, Mad God Tokens & Bags will drop during MotMG! Gather 10 Tokens to fuse them into the corresponding Bag, and open it to get a random prize! Participate in MotMG Events to get more tokens! * Mystery Stat Potions & Mystery Keys have been added to the game! Note: Unlike the Ruby, Emerald & Diamond Key, Mystery Keys will drop a Key and not directly create a portal. Potions acquired from Mystery Stat Potions are Soulbound.
New Tops are soulbound
* In order to avoid the risk of new end-game content getting immediately ruined by duping, new tops will be soulbound at release * Duping aside, we want players actually taking risks by running Lost Halls to acquire new tops * New Tops may become un-soulbound in the future, however there is no current plan yet to do so.
* The Tinkerer is taking some time off in preparation of a grand re-opening! Don’t worry, he’ll be back soon - expect some awesome changes!
Loot System and Dungeons
Damage thresholds have been lowered almost across the board. This mainly applies to Stat Potion and UT drops from Encounters and Godlands dungeons.
We have introduced 2 minimum Stat Potions to various dungeons (mostly Godlands so far) and made probability more consistent! Note: 2 minimum means 2 players will get 1 each guaranteed, 1 player will still only get 1 guaranteed.
We adjusted the length and generation of a few dungeons, most notably Abyss of Demons and Toxic Sewers length has been decreased and the chance for Abyss Idols and Golden Rats has been increased.
Puppet Theatre no longer has loot chests. The Green Drake Egg drops from Greater Nature Sprites.
Scepter of Fulmination has decreased MP cost and damage but more targets.
* Overall: maximum HP bonus, lower MP Costs, damage increased significantly * Wisdom scaling: past 50 Wisdom, Skulls will receive bonuses * Each point increases damage, the amount depends on the Skull * Every 10 points will add additional player healing range * Damage and heal amounts are now separated to allow for damage balancing separately * Ignore defense: enemy defense can be bypassed, the amount depends on the Skull * Now shows a nova effect like Tomes for the heal to indicate range, flow particles have been disabled for now
Skull of Endless Torment: 250 -> 1000 Skullish Remains of Esben: 250 -> 800 Staff of Esben: 250 -> 700
Quality of Life
* Oryx's realm closing message is now also sent to all dungeons in the realm * Trap tooltips now display their trigger radius * The Beekeeper will now drop an exit portal if the Killer Bee Queen has already been defeated
* Login calendar now correctly displays server time instead of local time. Please note that all servers run on UTC, meaning the daily Calendar resets happens at 5pm PDT for instance. * Trying to log in through Steam when banned should now properly display a ban message instead of being stuck in a permanent black loading screen. * Rogues will get sickened by sewage when invisible. No more hazmat cloaks, sorry Rogues!
Haunted Cemetery * Removed self-heal for Possessed Child which prevents invisibility glitch and disconnect in area 2 * Fixed teleport spots outside of areas 1 and 2 * Rounded out safe spots in areas 1 and 2 * Fixed enemy walk-able trees in area 2
Other * Attempting to purchase Scepters from the Nexus store no longer breaks the buy panel * Scepter tool tips should be displayed properly when hovered on leader boards * Fixed treasure room hallways in The Nest * Several small and miscellaneous fixes
* Leviathan has a new sprite and animations, still has like ten billion guns though * Sword of the Acclaim and Hydra Skin Armor sprites have been adjusted * Lair of Draconis has its original 8x8 portal
* The new Huntress ST Set, Queen Bee ST Set is out! -------------------------------------
Month of the Mad God Preview
* We will soon be lowering the price of several older Skins and Pet Stones for all of you out there. That means we will also have to lower the FP of those skins in particular to avoid having issues where Skins start being more interesting than Pet Food in the long run. If you have any duplicate skin lying around that you are not using, please make sure to feed them soon to avoid losing FP!
Is… is that? Yes, we’re finally getting rid of 27.7 and going full X mode! Let’s celebrate that with the gorgeous Summer Nexus from Beige, and a refreshing summer rain of balance changes!
As for the Art Contest, we’re still going through all your submissions. Just like you guys, we’re super stoked about it - more than 200 participants took the challenge! Hopefully we will be able to reach the winners in the coming week.
Important Announcement: We will soon be lowering the price of several older Skins and Pet Stones for all of you out there. That means we will also have to lower the FP of those skins in particular to avoid having issues where Skins start being more interesting than Pet Food in the long run. If you have any duplicate skin lying around that you are not using, please make sure to feed them soon to avoid losing FP!
Note: If you can’t connect to the game, try using the website to see if the issue comes from the Client you’re using!
* The Summer Nexuses are now live! With creativity and hard work, Beige brings us the latest Nexus Technology™ with a time-based Nexus, which goes through a complete Day/Night cycle every 8 hours! * Mini Sphinx Pet Stone now drops from the Grand Sphinx * Mini Crystal Steed Pet Stone now drops from the Crystal Prisoner * Mystery Items are out! Using one will drop an random related item (Mystery Skins will drop Skins for instance). The quality of the item depends on the quality of the Unlocker (Gold / Silver / Bronze).
* Using abilities while stunned functions properly and no longer results in disconnects (Shields, Quivers and Shuriken) * Fixed ocean vent and wounded Thessal not appearing when they should (for real this time) * Snake Pit Guard is no longer invisible on the mini map and displays its HP bar correctly * Reduced another repetitive line from the Avatar * Cleaned up Oryx Taunt strings (double spaces, etc.)
* Opening secret room now makes a sound like it was intended! * Brought back backgrounds - Sprite Worlds have stars again! (only when Hardware Acceleration is off) * Scepter of Geb renamed to Wand of Geb to avoid confusion * Equipment Tool Tips * Abilities now display their cooldown * Set pieces now display the full set bonuses (lightly grayed if not active) * Traps and Scepters: added new properties and improved stat comparisons * Improved comparisons for MP Costs
Max Attack: 60 -> 70 Base Attack: 10 -> 12
Scepters have received quite an overhaul! The goal with these changes is more engaging and strategic game-play, on top of making the choice of equipment more interesting.
* Wisdom scaling: past 50 Wisdom, Scepters will receive bonuses * Each point increases damage, the amount depends on the Scepter * Every 10 points will add an additional target (+3 for 80 WIS for example) * Damage distribution: damage decreases for each subsequent target * Narrower arc: lowered from 90°, now they actually have to be aimed to some extend * Overall: damage increased significantly
* Damage increased to bring them more in line with other weapons * Faster projectiles (without affecting range) to make them more responsive * Bulwark now hits multiple enemies, range displayed in tool tip is more accurate
* Added a new UT for pure damage and with other unique properties!
* Ghost Ship * Drops the new Trap of the Vile Spirit! * HP: 42000 -> 66000 * Stun Immune * Paralyze Immune * Great Coil Snake * Now only spawns a limited amount of Coil Snakes * Coil Snakes have less defense: 20 -> 5 * Coil Snakes have more HP: 50 -> 100
Oryx has fortified his castle!
It has become a lot more sturdy! This intends to increase incentive for clearing, give slower players opportunities to catch up and make it better withstand the usually big groups of players.
* Destructible Wall * HP: 3000 -> 9000 * Fortified Destructible Wall * New walls that replace the regular ones on the bridge until the end * HP: 24000 * Living Floor and Quiet Bombs * Fixed a bug where Quiet Bombs could be destroyed instantly after spawning * Inflicts Weak for 5 seconds (in addition to Quiet for 5 seconds) * Projectile Amount: 18 -> 15 * Projectile Speed: 50 -> 40 * Damage: 10-20 -> 20 * The Stone Guardians * Depending on the party size, the Stone Guardians now regenerate! * HP: 60000 -> 80000 * DEF: 100 -> 80
EXP in the Shatters has been increased across the board!
That’s it for now! Big thanks to all our testers out there, you know who you are! Please enjoy the Summer Nexus and the new reworks. As always don’t hesitate to drop us a word if you have a comment or feedback - and don’t forget to feed those duplicate skins to your pets!
This month, we decided to invest time on necessary backend changes to improve the game’s stability and performance. This is an ongoing effort that we think most of you will agree to prioritize over always pumping in new content all the time. That being said, we’re not leaving you dry! We added a slightly reworked Cave of a Thousand Treasure as drop in Godlands, and you can meet your new best buddy in your Guild Hall: Friendly Guill, the Guild Guy.
We also allocated a significant amount of time in fixing some legacy bugs and adding a bunch of UI improvements that we hope you will enjoy and give constructive feedback on.
You can discover the changes below, in the Patch Note details:
- Djinns in Godlands now have a low chance to drop a portal to Cave of a Thousand Treasures!
- Guill the friendly guild NPC is now ready and eager to serve! Don’t be shy, say hello to him. You’ll find him in your Guild Hall.
Tweaks & Fixes
- Disconnect Timeout has been lowered from 10 minutes to 2 minutes
- Optimized character list loading time for players with a large amount of items
- Fixed a disconnect issue in the Cave of a Thousand Treasures and re-designed flame trap room
- Lair of Draconis minions needed for progression no longer get stuck in walls
- Character Slot Unlocker and Vault Unlocker items are now only usable in the vault
- Mysterious Crystals, Dragon Eggs and Sumo Masters will now spawn with their own tile to remove obstacles
- After the Hermit God dies, the deep water will turn into normal water after a short while (no more lost loot!)
- Arrow feathers from Bow of Fey Magic should now be purple to be consistent with other bows
- Green Satellite (monster) no longer loses a piece of itself when flying around
- Skins now always display the Skin Class in the item description
- Pet Stones now always display the Family Change warning message in the item description
- Reduced Avatar of the Forgotten King spam, Killer Pillar phase is now only announced by the Avatar itself
- Fixed a few typos in item descriptions and Oryx taunts
- Character selection screen now displays how maxed a character is (x/8)
- Character selection screen now displays the current pet of the character
- Character selection screen hover now displays backpack content
- Character selection screen hover now displays stats (also forces numeric text on hp/mp bar)
- Disabled shortening player names (mini map and lock list tool tips)
- Mini map: group tool tip and teleport menu background should now scale correctly with the text
- Mini map: enemies will always render on top
- Quest arrow/portrait now updates immediately
- The experimental “decamenu” is now active by default
- Added experimental toggle option to display how many potions of a certain stat are still needed to max it, applies to both selection screen hover and in game stats panel (only when level 20, disabled by default)
- Added experimental mini-map toggle option for slightly different colors for locked/unlocked players, locked/unlocked guild mates and locked/unlocked white names (disabled by default)
- Added a new cursor and fixed existing ones (thanks to Chvzto!)
- Made fixes to the following Skins / Dye Masks: Slime Rogue
That’s it for now! Big thanks to all our testers out there, you know who you are! Please note that we welcome feedback on the UI changes, such as the minimap colors - so don’t hesitate to drop a word. As usual if you have questions, remarks or suggestions, fire away!
And don’t worry, Muledump will still be usable with the changes, simply add &muleDump=true to the URL parameters.
Hey there people! Did you get to enjoy Easter and get smashed by Biff the Buffed Bunny? Here’s a small patch in preparation of the next one.
- Mountain Temple Event Chest! Come one come all to get plenty of loot, including the exclusive Woodland Huntress in celebration of Arbor Day. As per usual, remember that the Chest will only spawn once all the enemies in the dungeon have been eliminated. The Event will end on Tuesday May 2nd at 6pm CET.
- Biff the Buffed Bunny and his eggs has finally left the Realm. The Easter Event is over.
Balance - Mountain Temple
- Increased Daichi HP by 25%
- Added Invincibility Phases
- Added Pierce to Elemental Shots
- Increased the number of monsters
- Added guaranteed Def Pot + 1 additional Random Pot drop (per dungeon not per player)
- Added 15 players limit
- Fixed a few typos and bugs
Fix & Tweaks
- All Keys should now have 200 FP.
- All Skins should now drop in SB Bags (to avoid bot looters).
- Mini Rosen & Rosen Skins should now be properly credited to their respective artist (thanks Lovens & Univoid)
- Added Time Restriction on Creating Guild / Changing Guild Rank to fix an exploit.
- The portal to the Ivory Wyvern in the Lair of Draconis no longer despawns.
That’s it for now! If you have questions, remarks or suggestions, fire away!
Hey there people! Hope you all had your fair share of fun with April’s Fools content, because we’re back with a brand new dungeon as promised! Enter the first wing of the hidden Mountain Temple and defeat the High Monk Daichi to prevent the arrival of the Demon Lord Xil!
- The First Wing of the Mountain Temple is now live! Thanks to thq32df & Beige for the Art!
- Easter Egg Hunt has started! Eggs will spawn around the Realm, destroying all of them will spawn a Giant Egg! Be careful about destroying this one though, someone might get angry...
- Pet Eggs drop rate are doubled for Easter!
- Added In-Game Message Board (Scroll Icon on the top left of the screen)
- After being constantly exterminated by adventures, the Leprechaun community have decided to move out of Realm of the Mad God. The Leprechaun Chase Event is over.
- Made fixes to the following Skins / Dye Masks: Ascended Sorcerer, BB Wolf, Dark Elf Huntress, Demon Spawn, Hunchback, Jack the Ripper, Lil’ Red, Mischievous Imp, Nexus no Miko, Poltergeist, Slime Skins, Stanley the Spring Bunny, Vampiress, Zombie Nurse.
Servers daily restart time have been changed depending on their cluster:
- USW Cluster: 3am PST (UTC -7) / 10am UTC
- USE Cluster: 3am EST (UTC -4) / 7am UTC
- EU Cluster: 3am UTC
- Asia Cluster: 3am PHT (UTC +8) / 7pm UTC
Shops & Items
- Keys can no longer be purchased in the Nexus Shop by players under 10 Stars.
- Keys can no longer be used by players under 10 Stars.
- Keys’ price have been permanently lowered.
- Equipment can no longer be purchased in the Nexus Shop by players under 2 Stars.
Oy! What does that mean? To put it simply, the restrictions have been implemented to combat fraudsters, who create new accounts and buy / use large amounts of keys before charging back.
At the same time, we believe that a lot of items are currently too expensive. One of our goal is to make players feel good about spending a few bucks in the Nexus, without feeling forced to gamble with Mystery Boxes or having to spend more to afford expensive packages. We have permanently lowered the price of most keys, and are looking into repricing other items in future patches
That’s it for now! If you have questions, remarks or suggestions, fire away!
Hey there people! We’re back at it with a new Patch! Not too many new things this time but a ton of fixes and some balance changes! Also read until the end to get a preview of what will be coming in the future!
- Spring time is here! Cherry blossoms are blooming all over the Nexus with the Hanami Theme, made with love by our Japanese artist Beige.
- Free cosmetics for all! Mini Stheno Skin, Mini Nut Skin and Bes/Geb/Nut Artifacts (Pet Stones) have been added to their respective bosses Drop Table!
- Added Exit Portals to Belladonna’s Garden, Lair of Shaitan and (for the future) Ice Tomb
- Added Portal of Cowardice to Puppet Master’s Theatre, Candy Land, Beachzone and Rainbow Road
- Leprechaun Hunt has been extended! You have a couple more weeks to chase after our green mini-Sonic. Gotta go fast!
- Added /p as alternative to /pause
- Ice Tomb Keys will no longer appear in the Nexus Shop / Mystery Box
- Ice Tomb Event Chest has now been removed
- Snowflake Tokens have now been removed from the game
- Winter Areas / Mobs are back to their usual form
- Winter Reskins will no longer drop
- The Sexiest Skin on Earth, the Beefcake Rogue, has been added to our files. **April Fool’s!** (or not?)
**Fixes & Tweaks**
- Password Recovery Email will now display the correct support link
- Error Message *"Could not find item in inventory. Please wait a few minutes and try again"* has been replaced by *"Please re-enter your Vault and try to use the item again"*
- The Tinkerer now offers a XP Potion (1h) as Tier 1 reward and Potion of Wisdom (SB) + Potion of Vitality (SB) as Tier 3 reward (small change while we work on the Tinkerer Rework)
- The version number is now X.12! Goodbye 27.7!
- Vault Chest Price Bug / Server-wide SB Bug should be fixed this time! God damn bugs!
- The ST skins for the Skuld and Phylactery sets no longer suffer from Cyclops syndrome when walking!
- Fixed text when connecting to Vault or Realm
- Fixed odd phrasing in options (hotkey tool tips)
- Fixed Yard Caretaker being tiny in the UI
- Fixed pet names not showing on arena leaderboards
- Fixed initial stacked Cursed Blasts in Encore and Halloween Cemetery
- Fixed stacked white arc in Ivory Wyvern's 2nd phase
- Fixed Skuld slowly migrating south when not activated
- Jon Bildgewater stays away from the spawn/portal
- Jon's Parrots no longer drop anything
-Buffed Jon's drop rates slightly to compensate
**St Patrick Event:**
- Fixed empty Oryx taunt when the Leprechaun is defeated
- Pot of Gold has more HP and much lower damage thresholds, giving everyone a chance
- Weapons now have (lovely) sounds!
- Slightly decreased Abyss drop rate and increased Sewers drop rate
- Coral Venom Trap drop chances are now more appropriate for a White Bag
- Tomb UTs will be less common
- To compensate for drop rate adjustments, damage thresholds have been significantly decreased
- Increased overall EXP gain (Sea Horses also give EXP again! And no worries, it will not be exploitable)
**Thessal the Mermaid Goddess**
- Paralyze Immune
- Increased HP from 69000 to 96000
- Coral Bombs inflict Pet Stasis for 8 seconds
- Waves inflict Weak for 6 seconds
- Increased Armor Break duration from 2.4 to 4.0
- Can't be stunned during Armor Break and Wave phases (warns with purple flash at the end of Tridents)
- Small invulnerability during Tridents (2.6s) and at the start of the last phase (8s)
- Shoots Tridents faster in the first phase, Armor Break slightly faster in the first and second phase
- All shots (including Coral Bombs’) now pass through players
-Deep Sea Beasts inflict Slowed for 2 seconds
**New Player Experience**
To continue our efforts of smoothing out the experience for new players there have been more changes and additions!
- The Tutorial has been updated with information about permadeath, nexusing, pets, fame, camera rotation and options
- You can no longer nexus from the main tutorial - this is to make sure new players actually finish it - and don’t worry, you can still go to options and click “back to home” or simply refresh/restart your client to escape if you need to
- Camera rotation is now enabled by default
- Toggle off-center view is now X by default (should not affect you if you already have X bound to something else)
- Adjusted drop rates in High Lands and lower level dungeons - Pirate Cave, Forest Maze, Forbidden Jungle and especially the Spider Den
- Slightly reduced the damage and chase speed of certain High Lands mobs
- High Lands mobs give EXP again like they are supposed to
- Four Dungeons are currently close to completion: Sil3x’s Mountain Temple (1st Wing), Sues’ Goblin Lair, Kiddforce’s Lost Halls and MrUnibro’s Epic Hive. Get ready because they’ll be released soon!
- Alchemist & Tinkerer Rework: The Tinkerer & Alchemist are being revamped to allow a better Daily Quest System!
- The promised Art Contest has unfortunately been on hold for quite some time due to us running out of time (mostly due to bugs and exploits). Don’t despair, it will still happen!
- Q&A Videos (may only be audio)! A few people have voiced their support for us to do regular Q&A sessions, and we’re exploring the possibility (mostly: do we have enough time).
- We’re still hard at work to fix the existing bugs and exploits that are plaguing the game! Please remember that using Real World Trading Sites or buying Gold Accounts is strictly forbidden and will get you permanently banned without warning (including your mules and your main account).
That’s it for now! If you have questions, remarks or suggestions, fire away!