Hopefully we've found a fix for long linux issue with libsqlite database library. We've reworked Sandy library to not use it directly, but tunneling queries through the game database connection which effectively removes issues with sharing the same file between different code. That means no more errors on Linux builds and maybe could fix some save corruption on other platforms too. Our testers also reported slightly better performance during the game load.
The other change involves automatic mining machines. There were many ambiguities in how the mining process works and what resources are acutally mined. More info in our bug tracking system. So we decided to display the estimated amount of resources mined per hour instead of mining pobability percentage.
There were also some minor fixes, full list of changes continues..
reworked automatic miner - changed displayed probabilities to amount per hour, fixed mining computations
reworked libsqlite in Sandy engine (fixes save/load bugs mainly on Linux)
increased area for spawning Terry's ship (should decrease the probability of spawning it under water)
Magnetic Hever - added possibility to build it on another buildings / vehicles
fixed light artifacts on sky
removed advanced settings effect on oxygen (fixes trobules under water on Easy and Hard settings)
There is a new update in Experimental branch. Aside from many bugfixes, we've bring a new block - Autonomous Water Purifier, it's a nice water tank with ability to slowly filter dirty water without the need of electricity.
The vehicle search lights are also more powerful and we've added lights to our motocycle too.
The full list of changes:
new block: Autonomous Water Purifier
increased distance and intensity of vehicle search lights
We have freed the Experimental branch yesterday and today we have a new experiment for you. We have reworked the most CPU intensive scripts and was able to gain from nothing to 20% FPS increase on our testing HW. There is still some work to do and maybe some new bugs introduced. You know, this is why it is called experimental :).
Let us know if you feel some change for the better, and expecially if any for the worse.
The list of changes is a little bit more technical this time:
optimized geometic calcuations in Animal Nests, POIs & Navigation, Planet geometry, Dynamic Obstalces
reduced frequency of computations in PlayerTerrainFixer, freezing Vehicles, Switchboard distances, Active Blocks, Items and Containers
reduced UI refresh in Inventories, Block Catalog, POIs
invisible animations and partices culling in Animals & Swarms
optimized calculation and added caching of Dynamic Obstacles
Today, we've released Planet Nomads 22.214.171.124 into experimental branch. You can try out our new experiment - a motorbike. Do not expect real bike simulation, it's just a fun way to move yourself around :). You will find it in blueprints section.
We have also modified the logic of exiting vehicles a little bit. When you hit the "E" key to exit the vehicle, the first position the game try to put you on is the place you entered it (relative to the vehicle). Now it should not happen that you enter you quadcopter from the front and escape on the side, where the blade is running.
Here is the full list of changes:
new special blueprint - motocycle
escape a vehicle at the point you entered it
air blade - fixed target height stored in blueprint - possible to re-use aircrafts on planets of different size