Time has come to unleash your warrior spirit – this week you can get Gloria Victis 50% off! We are happy to invite every new player. Together, we can create a truly unique open-world MMORPG experience. Join the battle now and start your own medieval journey now!
For your first steps, you might find it very helpful to get a read through the guides made by our players: https://steamcommunity.com/app/327070/guides/ Also, be sure to watch out this combat video tutorial from which you will quickly learn both the basics and advanced combat mechanics. Knowledge is the key to wage a successful war!
– Added an item “Privilege” required to upgrade workshops in guild castles above 1st upgrade level to the Glory vendors’ assortment – Improved the door colliders in stone keep (main building) in order to eliminate the exploit allowing to hit attackers from the inside through colliders of the destroyed door, which was blocking the players’ movement at the same time – Added missing markers for the following quest NPCs: Arlinn, Old Fisherman, Iroh and Alvar – Improved the attacks/blocks directions indicator mechanics – Fixed an issue preventing players from taking a quest reward from the NPC named Romins – Fixed an issue preventing players from taking a quest reward from the NPC named Robert – Level design improvements to the Ismirean starting areas
Winter is coming? No, it has already come to Gloria Victis! Check out the stunning snowy environment in the Ismirs area!
Also, this update introduces expands the territory control aspect. From now on, you can upgrade the workshops in guild castles up to level 4! There's also brand new type of upgradable object – an inn, which contains a table for the recently introduced dice game and a cooking workshop.
There are many other changes too, including controller and combat improvements, finished update of the medium and heavy armor sets, balance tweaks and lots of bugfixes.
See you in battle!
Changelog v.0.8.8.8 Alpha
– Introduced +4 versions of the workshops sets assigned to the crafting professions – Updated the upgrading flow of workshops and resource nodes in guild-controlled provinces, adding new item “Privilege” to materials required to upgrade them to level 2 or higher; this item can be purchased for Contribution Points from the Glory vendors – Updated the workshops placement in guild-controlled provinces:
Skergard, Castle Audunstede and Order of the Original Faith’s Keep– workshops can be upgraded up to level 4
Leaktown – workshops can be upgraded up to level 3
Twinfall, Norfolk Fort and Lublin Fort – workshops can be upgraded up to level 3, except for the Forestry and Farming, Engineering and Metallurgist’s workshops placed inside the walls which can only be upgraded to level 2 (the same workshops placed outside the walls can be upgraded to level 3 anyway)
– Introduced the upgradable Inn building which was placed in the forts near capital cities of all nations: Dunfen, Mereley, Serai, Dundrum, Ystad and Eaglenest forts – the Inn contains an Innkeeper, dice game table and new workshops for the Cooking and Herbalism craft; more inn spawners will be added soon in other castles and forts, including the guild-controlled provinces – Added Herbalist's Workshop to the list of workshops available for crafting herbal products, elixirs and meals – these workshops can be found in the upgradable inns – Updated the mechanics of generating Guild Points for holding guild castles – from now on, they are split between the guild’s leader and officers before being transferred to the guild’s account, so if a leader or officer would leave the guild, all points donated by this player will be deleted; the points are distributed between leader and officers once per day – Assigned all points generated by guild castles to the guilds leaders
Quality of Life:
– Updated the Ismirean starting lands, covering them with snow and changing weather in this area to snowy one – Added snowy weather on top of the mountain with Skergard Castle – Reduced the time required to place a tent from 30 down to 10 seconds – Improvements to kicking – decreased kick range by 25%, decreased cooldown blocking the kicking character’s movement by 0.5s and decreased stun duration from 2.5s into 1.5s in order to bring those combat parts more dynamic and skill based, and to reduce occurrence of the “stun to backstab” meta combos – Due to changes in stun times, the “Unstoppable” ability doesn’t have to be triggered and doesn’t have the cooldown any longer – Introduced the in-game markers on the bottom info of questgivers, interactive objects in quests, quest resources and NPC enemies required to kill, also all these objects (except for NPC enemies) have markers displayed over them – Introduced an option for guild leaders to see and restart counters of Nation Points given by chosen members – this option lets the leaders find out which members are most active in more efficient way – Added Steam achievements, Challenges and in-game titles for the dice game – Introduced a new group of Challenges (named “Others”) which it includes challenges for the dice game – Added an icon of the dice game table displayed on the minimap – Balance tweak to the number of mobs to kill required to finish the Great Hung event – Updated the Ismirean Glory vendors’ assortment, adding missing recipes which had their equivalents in the Midlandic Glory shop: Black Guard's Heavy Greaves, Black Guard's Heavy Boots, Black Guard's Heavy Gauntlets and Black Guard's Heavy Pauldrons (the other parts of this set can be obtained from world events) – Added missing recipes for Styrsman’s and Guardsman’s heavy and medium armors – Optimized the crafting window (it was very laggy on some PCs if a character knew a lot of recipes) – Updated the bold version of the dialogs font – Introduced sensitivity options for selecting the block/attack direction – Cosmetic improvements and fixes to sitting/standing up at/from benches – Blocked possibility to damage any building in the player-controlled cities which are on neutral state, except the gates – we made this change because specific players were abusing it to turn the city neutral and burn all objects to the ground without having to deal with guards and avoiding alarming other players about the attack – Added custom information on Russian and Chinese languages while launching the game inviting these players to our dedicated Community channels – Updated the crafting events’ requirements, replacing 10 Dziwer Bars with 300 Herbs and Thug’s Dagger into 4 Warrior’s Knives – Removed the experience bonus cards from rewards of the crafting events
– Finished the recently started update to the equipment sets and their crafting recipes, adding all the missing medium and heavy armors (with the 5-tiers balance in mind) and introducing missing recipes for the already existing armors – Updated statistics of all medium and heavy armors in order to standardize them and balance them out – Buffed charcoal from 2nd to the top-tier fuel level and increased the coal’s burning time from 60 up to 80 seconds in order to increase the efficiency of creating steel bars using the player-build furnaces – From now recipes which can be created both at the static workshops and player-build furnaces (meals and metallurgic materials) won’t receive additional amount bonuses while crafting them “from hand” or using the static workshops – they should be made using the player-build furnaces – Decreased the Calcite and Sulfur requirement 2 times in the Dziwer Bar recipe to compensate changes done to furnace processes, which will end in lowering the Dziwer Bar’s production cost – Added a chance to obtain Suet by butchering the Darkhounds – Added a chance to loot small amounts of Sulfur, Calcite, Quilted Flax Canvas Sea and Bandages from the NPC enemies in the “Sea Wraiths” world event, which allows weaker groups to have worthy drop before reaching the bosses/PVP in this event – Updated the prices and assortment of the Alchemist’s and Innkeeper’s shops in order to increase value of the player-crafted food, herbal products and elixirs – Flame of Faith is now set in Engineering crafting and assigned Bandages to the Alchemy category in the Herbalism and Cooking craft – Decreased the tent’s recipe requirements from 10 Decatized Flax Canvas into 5 – Added information if disassembling an item can end in learning its’ recipe or if the character already knows it
– Global fixes to the NPCs’ synchronization – Fixed an issue which could launch the State of War after 2 days (it should never happen after such a long time) – Fixed an issue allowing to teleport from arena and tournament into the closest location if the player has relogged while being dead in these locations – Fixed the Yngvir’s dialog which was blocking players from finishing the optional quest – Fix attempt – siege engines shouldn’t be falling through some objects in the world, such as a bridge near the Haddah Castle – Fixed an issue with the Battle Rage ability which caused that it was triggered when the player’s HP went down to 40% instead of 60% as in description – Fixed an issue causing that the player couldn’t see information about the plants after logging right in the farming-permitted area, unless the player pressed Escape key – Fixed an issue with swimming which was allowing to walk underwater if the water was deep enough – Fixed an issue allowing to slide up while jumping at some places – Fixed an issue causing removing the reputation buffs on dead (they would appear again after relogging) – Fixed hitting colliders of the spectres – Fixed an issue causing that the window allowing to take or use an item in the Suppoter Shop could be hidden under other windows or moved outside of the screen, making it invisible for a player – Fixed the issue causing that “Kill the spy” event didn’t end when another nation finished “Defend the spy” event – Numerous fixes to the dice game – Fixed the Nation Change scroll description as it was stating that it affects only one character’s nation instead of the whole account
New update is live – time to dice! You can play both the NPC vendors and the other players inside a tavern in your nation’s capital city. We’re excited to see this feature in-game – it’s another important step towards making the Gloria Victis world alive and its’ immersion. We hope you’ll love it as much as we do! As always, there are also many fixes and gameplay improvements. Check them on your own!
See you in battle!
Quality of Life:
– Introduced dice which you can play by using the dice table in your nation’s capital city; you can play against the NPC vendor or other players, selecting them the in-game lobby; in the nearest future we will add predefined dice tables in locations controlled by players, including the guild castles, as well as the player-spawned tables – Added taverns near spawnpoints in Dunfen and Mereley, like in Baalhammon, where the dice tables are placed – Added 7 new pieces of music thanks to courtesy of our friends and partners from the Orkiestra Świętego Mikołaja (EN: “Santa Claus’s Orchestra”) band – these tracks are played when you dice, and soon will play in the in-game taverns; you can read more about the band and follow their awesome work at their official website and Facebook fanpage – Improved the quest objectives panel displayed on HUD, adding displaying the questlog key (by default: L) and changed the progress icon to percentage progress to improve the interface clarity and help new players learn the game – Updated the NPC dialogs interface, which required a significant amount of backend improvements – the old dialogs management system prevented us from performing the next large client-side optimization but now we can start working on it; there shouldn’t be any change visible in the dialogs themselves, as they passed our internal tests, but if you’d encounter any problems with dialogs, namely quest ones, please report them using the in-game bug reporting tool – From now on, the maximum amount of experience gained is limited by the player’s level (higher the level, lower the maximum value) in order to prevent accidental situations which would allow some players achieve the higher levels much faster than other players – Removed gaining Nation Points by Greenleaf players and obtaining NP for killing these players because the situations used to happen when a higher-level player would grief new players to farm NP on them – Improved the NPCs placement and their waypoints inside the Fort Dunfen – Added sprinting hints to the keys hints displayed in the top-left corner of the screen – Updated the PVP event and Glory Heroes memorials in the arena – Added additional spawnpoint for new players in the last stage of the 1st Sangmarian questline
State of War:
Due to the recent time change on our servers, we had to check the State of War timers for all guilds. We didn’t find any serious issue but in order to prevent any potential problem with timers, we’d like to ask the leaders of guilds/alliances owning guild castles to check your State of War and, if needed, to set them again. Thank you in advance! Also, we updated the Dukla server’s State of War timeframes to prevent them overlapping with the servers’ restarts and make them fit well for most of this server’s Community.
– Fixed an issue causing that killing a player during the siege preparations who is from the same nation as the guild owning the target province but not belonging to that guild didn’t increase the preparations progress – Fixed an issue causing that if the guild owning a province upgraded its’ main building after the siege preparations were completed, the Guards Commander and other NPC guards would to respawn – Fixed the wreath texture in the Scout’s Helm – Fixed an issue causing that character could get stuck at the upper floor of the separate spawn building in some upgradable locations – Fixed an edge-case issue causing that the Black Sickle Chieftain wouldn’t spawn properly when a player with active quest to kill him was in the quest’s area – Added additional spawnpoint for new players in the last stage of the 1st Sangmarian questline – Removed gaining Nation Points by Greenleaf players and obtaining NP for killing these players because the situations used to happen when a higher-level player would grief new players to farm NP on them – Fixed an issue causing that players were being held too long in the combat mode which reduces the movement speed after being hit, holding and releasing attacks and kicks, holding block and blocking enemy attacks – this state should last 3 seconds from the end of the last combat action ,but very few players were able to solve the bug on their side, which was false-reported by other players as speedhacks – Improvements to the location permissions management in the upgrade overview – Reduced the respawn time of the attackers in regular siege events to improve their balance and give the attackers real chance to capture location without being spawn-camped
Let us welcome you to the new Glory season! The top players of the just ended season have earned their rewards and titles, so time to compete the others and fight your way to the top of the ladder! A little explanation for the new players: Glory is a season-based ranking which rewards you for activity in the faction v faction v faction PVP. The seasons last 2 months and are rewarded with unique titles, as well as gold. Also, every Thursday night you’ll get Contribution Points – an in-game currency used to purchase special items from the Glory Quartermasters. The amount of earned CP depends on your position in the leaderboard, so climb up it!
We also took an opportunity to apply some improvements, i.e. to the ranked arena duels system. Also, a rumor was spread in our Discord that this update introduce the first mounts: camels. As you can assume, it’s an April Fools prank but we have to admit that – as we already have movable catapults and battering grams – we’re closer than ever to introduce mounts!
See you in battle!
– Improved the ranked duels balance – it will be easier to reach 100 arena level now and stay at it if a player is skilled – From now on, after dueling the same player twice in a row, the matchmaking system will attempt to select another enemy if possible – Added displaying the entry point to get included in the duel arena ranking count up – a player has to take part in 10 duels – Fixed an issue causing that the duels matchmaking was checking the arena level range of only one player, without confirming it for the other one – Disabled the requirement to kill specified number of guards in order to capture a location – now the only requirement is to destroy buildings – Improvements to the quests at Dunfen Farm – Fixed displaying the required items in the crafting event window
A new update is live, bringing another iteration of the siege engines. How about smashing the enemy castle’s gates with a battering ram? Now you can do it! Also, from now on you can sit on benches and chairs – it’s a first step of expanding the roleplaying possibilities in Gloria Victis. Moreover, we updated the crafting recipes and part of the armor sets, adding new elements of medium and heavy armors – read for details below!
Moreover, we'd like to remind you that the Glory Season IX will start next Monday, April 1! Take these last few days of the current season to climb up the ladder, for - as always - the most active players will receive precious rewards and titles. And don't miss the beginning of a new season to set your position in the ranking!
We also invite everyone to join the PVP event this weekend! It will start at 10:00 PM GMT (Sunday, March 31). Join us in the arena on the [NorthAmerica] Aquilla server and fight for fame in 5v5 battles. The winners will be immortalized on the in-game monuments and every participant will be rewarded – to arms!
See you in battle!
Quality of Life:
– Added Battering Ram and Large Battering Ram – the former requires 2 players to gain full movement speed, while the latter has to be pushed by 4 players (please remember that the maximum speed is achieved when the maximum number of players is driving a ram, as it was introduced last week for the catapults: From now on catapults can be steered by 2 players at the same time basing on their movement input – only the first player can shoot and load the catapult, also if there’s only one player driving the catapult, its’ movement speed is reduced down to 50%); also, the large ram has a roof protecting players from being hurt by enemy archers and is more resistant to received damage – Added the first iteration of interacting with the in-game objects aimed which will continuously expand the roleplaying possibilities – this update introduces sitting on benches and chairs – Added spawners of the battering rams in siege camps at the nation-controlled castles – for now, the big ones can be found in the camps closer to the native nation’s capital city, while the standard ram spawns in both siege camps of each castle, you can also find some rams in the training arena – Disabled collisions of the broken versions of catapults and battering rams because they were blocking pathways – Doubled the number of points gathered for killing the enemy nation player and a member of the guild controlling a given province during the sieges preparations – Updated rewards in the Brandon’s world event, making them equal to the Ragi’s world event rewards – Updated the amount of experience earned for completing various world events – Improved the visual indicator of the currently selected attack/block direction – Updated models of the Legionary’s Longaxe and Praetorian’s Longaxe and renamed them to Legionary’s Glaive and Praetorian’s Glaive – Improved the “no UI” mode (F6 key) – from now on, it allows to open the in-game windows with shortcuts and both chat windows by clicking on their toggle buttons in the bottom left corner of the screen – Updated content of the “Misc Recipes” randombox – Updated the list of recipes known by all new characters – Improved interface of collecting rewards for events when there are several rewards to choose from – Added tooltips to the sieges interface – From now on, the Friendly Fire toggle isn’t bound to any key by default in order to prevent new players from turning it on by accident – Added Large Bellows to the rewards of quests in which the player reaches level 10 – From now on, every owner of any package worth 40$ or more purchased on the official website will receive the same title as owners of the “Supporter Pack” which can be obtained in the Steam Store (the same applies to users who already own such packages) – Added the very first complete skins set which fits to the Storm Guard’s Sallet – now we are working on skins for the remaining top-tier heavy armors; you can purchase all parts of the set separately or the whole set with a discount; it will also be the first armor which will have the cloth effect - possibly even in the the very next regular update – Added new skins to the content of Lucky Box randombox
Crafting & armors balance:
This update introduces the first iteration of the planned update to the equipment sets and their crafting recipes. Originally, the equipment was balanced with 10 tiers in mind but since the Gloria Victis combat puts strong focus on the player’s own skill, the gap between starting and top-tier items can’t be to large, so balancing 10 tiers started causing many problems and reducing the feel of player’s progression. In order to solve this problem and fill the holes in different armor sets, we started moving towards the 5-tiers balance. This iteration affected about 50% of the medium and heavy armors, filling holes and grouping these items in sets.
– Added missing parts of the medium armor sets: shoulderguards, gauntlets and boots – Added missing parts of the medium armor sets: shoulderguards, gauntlets, boots and legguards – Added recipes of the new medium and heavy armor parts – Updated statistics of the medium armors: shoulderguards, gauntlets and boots – Updated statistics of the heavy armors: shoulderguards, gauntlets, boots and legguards
– Fixed an issue causing that in some cases the characters were floating about 0.5m above the ground on server-side, which led to several further issues with controller and synchronization – Fixed an issue causing that some guild leaders couldn’t see the State of War time dropdown in the Guild window – Fixed an issue causing that unstucking in the Valley of Death PVP Tournament could spawn a player at the enemy spawnpoint – Fixed an issue causing that equipping character was bugged after attempting to equip character while trading with other player – Fixed saving the time that has passed from the last usage of a player-built furnace – Fixed an issue causing that some randomboxes were never dropping specific groups of items – Fixed an issue causing that the siege engines could be thrown into the air – Fixed an issue causing that the character’s head was invisible when using a ballista – Fixed most of the cases where character would be detached from ballista while rotating it – Fixed the language chat – Fixed displaying the player’s money in the Market window after opening it for the first time in the session – Fixed scrollbar in the upgrading materials window – Fixed an issue causing that scrollbar in the Friends tab of the Community window didn’t always appear – Fixed the Fast Travel mechanics in the Sangmarian starting quests – Fixed assigning the “Mentor” title received after obtaining 350 Mentor Points
New update just hit the servers! Along with many improvements and fixes, it introduced a new location of the Dimar castle, which is another iteration of the planned world balance changes. Also, you can now drive a catapult with your friend together! There are also new dynamic events to level up more smoothly, tweaks to the siege preparations system and much more – check these changes on your own! Moreover, we’d like to share some details on what we’re working on right now – read below for details.
See you in battle!
Work in Progress:
We’re currently working on another expansion of the siege engines system – movable battering rams! Today’s update adds a new mechanic allowing multiple players to move a catapult together, which was an important step towards the introduction of battering rams. We hope to see them in-game next week!
We’re also coming closer to finish a significant update to the crafting content and available equipment. We’re filling the gaps to finally complete full sets of medium and heavy armors. They will also be standardized, which will help us improve the game balance and expand available content.
Moreover, we’re preparing to start working on the new, Sangmar-themed world event which will mirror both Ragi and Brandon events. It’s in the early design phase now – if you have your ideas for this event, it’s a perfect time to share your suggestions with us!
And the last but not least – something for the roleplayers. Dice and sitting on benches and chairs can be expected to come next week!
Territory Control update:
It’s the 2nd iteration of the recently announced planned world balance improvements. Last week we updated the position of Haddah Castle, now we moved Dimar Castle along with its’ farm and lumbermill. Both castles have been moved to new locations in order to solve the problem of new players joining the Sangmar nation feeling “outplayed”, because even in case of a complete balance on the map, the Sangmar’s native territory was visually smaller than the other nations. Second, although the actual travel distance to Haddah Caste from the capital city was comparable to other nations’ castles, they appeared to be placed closer because of their flags’ position, causing concerns about the world PVP balance.
Also, in response to the Community’s feedback, we made several balance improvements to the recently introduced siege preparations, which are required to compete over a guild province. With these changes, the preparations will be more dynamic, at the same time being less tedious and not as much expensive for the weapons durability. In the end, a group of 5 players should now be able to complete the preparations in a reasonable time.
– Updated position of Dimar Castle, Dimar Farm and Dimar Lumbermill – Moved the siege camp at Scarsdale to the East, placing it in between of Dimar Castle and Scarsdale – Moved the siege camp West to the Dimar Castle to a new position due to the castle’s position update – Updated nearby lands due to the Dimar Castle’s position update – Reduced the Guards Commander’s HP and respawn time down to 30% – Increased the Guards Commander’s damage – Reduced the number of points gained for killing the Guards Commander in the siege preparations down to 50% – Moved the Guard Commander in Skergard Castle to a new place behind the outer palisade, at the road near a farm
Quality of Life:
– Introduced a new method of saving the streamed objects (models, water etc), which greatly reduces the size of client-side updates – although this specific update is quite large, the future ones will be much smaller; this change also greatly improves performance on slower HDDs, eliminating most of the “stuttering”, and reduces the time required to build a client-side update, so from now on, we will be able to react faster to potential issues – Server-side optimization improvements – From now on catapults can be steered by 2 players at the same time basing on their movement input – only the first player can shoot and load the catapult, also if there’s only one player driving the catapult, its’ movement speed is reduced down to 50% – Added visual indicator of the currently selected attack/block direction – it’s disabled by default and can be enabled in the game options – Added possibility to disable receiving the other nation players’ private messages (/whisper) and displaying messages in the “Say” channel – it’s disabled by default and can be enabled in the game options; this change was made to help avoid the other players’ toxic behavior – Improved smoothing the player’s position when falling down – Updated 28 dynamic events in various places in the world – their level ranges were too low, so many players have never had a chance to see them after completing the starting quests – Added new dynamic events for Midlanders and Sangmarians (14 per nation) taking place and minor flags between capital cities of each nation – farms, mines and lumbermills – to mirror the events added for Ismirs last week – Re-equipped the Midlandic and Ismirean City Guard Veterans, giving them shields like Sangmarian ones, so now they will be equally strong – Added missing Salt nodes to the Ulfgard Mine’s resources – Added displaying the party leader’s marker at the leader’s simplified nametag – From now on, the character’s name validation also checks the lower and upper cases, so it won’t be possible to impersonate another player anymore – Minor improvements to the character creation interface – From now on, after joining a guild using the guild recruitment board, the guild window will open to confirm that a player joined the guild successfully – Improved interacting with quest objects: barley, wheat, flax, hop, hemp, tents and cages – Minor improvements to the starting Ismirean quests – Improved dialogs of Himerius and Justus in the Sangmarian starting quests – Minor improvements in the Sangmarian starting quests – Improved interface of the Feedback window and expanded the max amount of characters – Improvements to the player memorial interface
– Fixed a recent issue causing that some players couldn’t see the items which they put for sale in the Market – Fixed an issue causing that after purchasing only a part of a stack of the given item in the Market, the remaining amount wasn’t refreshed – Fixed an issue with looting other players causing that stackable items weren’t refreshed properly after being looted, unless such an item was already in the looting player’s inventory – Fixed a visual bug with looting other players causing that, if a player looted an enemy after looting in the same session another player, who had more bags in the inventory than the current target, icons of the “extra” bags would be displayed in the current target’s inventory but with no content – Fixed a visual bug with looting other players causing that, if a player looted an enemy after looting in the same session another player, who had more bags in the inventory than the current target, with the last bag open when the timer ended, looting the current target would start in the same bag slot where the previous one ended, with no content – Fixed an issue causing that the siege preparations would remain after the server restart if they were cancelled or the server’s prime time ended – Fixed displaying the date of triggered State of War in the combat log after completing the siege preparations – Fixed an issue causing that in some cases logging in to the server by the “guest” players wasn’t enabled when their nation was detected as a dominating one in the selected server – Fixed an issue causing that quests and dynamic events were disappearing from the map and minimap if the player gained new level in their area – Fixed an issue causing that buffs for gaining the 1st and 2nd place in the Deadly Harvest world event disappeared after relogging or server restart – from now on, they should remain until the next Deadly Harvest event starts on the same server – Fixed assigning player titles related to crafting to characters which met their requirements when these titles were bugged or haven’t been implemented yet – Fixed translations of interactive plants objects in quests – Fixed an issue causing that a player couldn’t proceed the Sangmarian starting quest if the gate in the convicts camp was destroyed and had to wait for its’ respawn
The new weekly update is live! We introduced the first iteration of the planned world balance improvements which we announced last week – Haddah Castle is now in a new pretty spot! There are also improvements to the “Valley of Death” PVP tournament, recently introduced siege preparations, balance tweaks and many bug fixes. Check them on your own!
Moreover, as expected, more nations received the experience boost thanks to the recent update of the nations autobalance algorithms, after which the boost for playing in the underdog faction is assigned in runtime, separately on each server. The boost was already applied on 2 servers, helping the underdog nations grow.
See you in battle!
Work in Progress:
We're working on another expansion of the siege engines system - movable battering rams. You can expect them to come within next 2 weeks!
Territory Control update:
This update brings the 1st iteration of the planned world balance improvements which we announced last week. Haddah Castle and its’ farm were moved to a new position in order to solve the problem of new players joining the Sangmar nation feeling “outplayed”, because even in case of a complete balance on the map, the Sangmar’s native territory was visually smaller than the other nations. Second, although the actual travel distance to Haddah Caste from the capital city was comparable to other nations’ castles, they appeared to be placed closer because of their flags’ position, causing concerns about the world PVP balance. In this update, Haddah Castle was moved to new position in order to help solve both these problems. There are also improvements to the guild control and recently introduced siege preparations:
– Updated position of Haddah Castle and Haddah Farm – Moved the siege camp at Seaclaw to the South, placing it in between of Haddah Castle and Seaclaw – Moved the siege camp South to the Haddah Castle to new position due to the castle’s position update – Updated Eastern part of the Western traitors island due to the Haddah Castle’s position update – Updated the /home command, adding possibility to move to each of the guild’s provinces by typing either /home 1 or /home 2 (numbers are assigned to the guild’s provinces order in the Guild window) – From now on, siege preparations aren’t required to claim a guild province if it isn’t controlled by any guild – From now on, if a guild didn’t complete the siege preparations before the server’s primetime ends, its’ token is being removed – Added converting the server’s primetime to the player’s timezone in a notification displayed after attempting to claim a guild province out of the primetime – Added updating the siege preparations progress for the guild owning a province – Fixed an issue causing that the siege preparations were still displayed for the guild owning a province if the attackers cancelled preparations
“Valley of Death” PVP Tournament update:
– Removed NPC guards in the central part of the tournament’s map, leaving only the guards at spawnpoints – Added randomizing the nations’ spawnpoints in the tournament – Added colliders like in the duel arenas at the spawnpoints’ exits, which disappear after 20 seconds, in order to make sure that all nations will start the tournament at the same time (until now it heavily depended on the loading time)
Ability to play outside the main server is one of our unique game features. It adds another layer of politics, allows players to play with their friends and – which is the most important thing – allows the growing nations to get help from their friends from other servers.
We were looking at the migrations of players very closely this month, and we didn't note any of migrations causing domination in terms of numbers for migrating nation (described as the most populated nation having at least 10% users more than the second nation). However, we wanted to make sure that it won't happen in future, so we introduced a system which will prevent it potentially happening once and forever.
First – players can move into the other server only if they set it as the main server (it has 7 days-long cooldown) or if they are trying to join another server as “guests” – the latter can’t be done if the player’s nation dominates in the selected server
Second – we know that this could be potentially abused by some "host" players logging off from their server to bring space for "guest" players – and for that reason, when the server will close for any further “guests” of given nation (so players can't jump from other servers to help a nation dominating in numbers) then, and only then – it will also bring a debuff for the most populated nation’s “guests”, which will trigger only for players inside the State Of War area.
These changes assure that the moving outside the main server will be used for its exact purposes, not to over-dominate any of the servers.
Combined with other restrictions brought to the game by “soft lock”, like not being able to loot players or plunder the storehouses in GCs, we believe that it all will work much better than any potential Server Lock. Since Gloria Victis is a skill-based game and an experienced player can reach the max level within just a few days, forcing players to create different characters for every server would only lead to increasing the negative effects of "server jumping", as those characters wouldn’t be restricted by anything they are restricted now.
TLDR; Switching servers for increasing domination of one nation should be impossible now (although it was barely happening in the past).
Quality of Life improvements:
– Added 14 new events for levels 20-50 in the surroundings of the Ismirean farms (L’Obart’s Farm and Mereley Farm), between Mereley Lumbermill and Basilea Mine and between Limetown and the Mines of Dunfen – 8 of them can be done by every nation, while the others are dedicated to Ismirs; these events were added to help low-level players – especially Ismirs – to progress, since there were very little events above level 20 in these areas – Updated the crafting events, adding Sangmarian items to the requirements and removing tasks which weren’t profitable for players – the ones which required bringing top-tier items – Improved display ranges of some player-spawned plants – Updated the balance of low-tier 2-handed wooden bludgeoning weapons reducing their durability, since they are cheap to produce – Updated statistics of the Pilgrim's Staff, slightly increasing its’ stamina cost and reducing damage because after reinforcing it could become too powerful compared to other, more expensive weapon types – Added notifications informing about the siege engines’ chassis and durability status – From now on, party and alliance invites are stored in the Notifications Center – Removed the shop interface from NPCs without a shop – Updated the “Inventory is full” notification in the system chat, adding information about required slots since there were problems with clarity of this notifications
– Fixed an issue causing rotating ballistas with their platforms – Fixed an issue causing that one version of the Drowned Maid used to be invisible – Fixed an issue causing that low-level participants of the “Sea Wraiths” world event couldn’t see the event’s progress – Fixed an issue causing that Poor Barley Beer increased max stamina instead of stamina regeneration speed – Fixed holes in models of the Weaponsmith's Workshops – Fixed an edge-case issue causing that the non-looting zone would disappear immediately after the siege event’s end – Fixed NPCs which had the dialog button but didn’t have any dialog – Fixed displaying the player titles for crafting – Fixed a visual bug causing that kicking could be displayed twice in edge cases if the character was switching legs while kicking – there was still only one single kick at a time but was displayed wrong – Fixed displaying the “Deadly Harvest” score on 3440x1440 resolution – it displayed only 4 digits – Improved visibility of the block indicator when a player successfully blocked an attack – Fixed playing the other player’s damage sound effect for the killing attacks
New weekly update is live! We addressed on of the biggest recent concerns: fake tokens put on the guild castles, which forced the defenders to mobilize for possible assaults every day. To solve this problem, we introduced the sieges preparation system. Read below for details!
Moreover, we updated rewards for the “Deadly Harvest” world event in response to the Community’s feedback. You also receive a lot of gameplay improvements and many bugfixes. On the other hand, we’re glad to see effects of the latest update of the nations autobalance algorithms, after which the experience boost for playing in the underdog faction is assigned separately on each server. Midlanders on Monteverde already received a boost and, as the data suggests, other nations on other servers are supposed to receive it soon as well. And the last but not least – a highlight of the upcoming changes!
We’re working on addressing concerns regarding the world balance – placement of some castles located in the links and world events.
Castles – the current placement of Haddah and Dimar castles causes 2 problems. First, new players joining the Sangmar nation feel “outplayed”, because even in case of a complete balance on the map, the Sangmar’s native territory is visually smaller than the other nations. Second, although the actual travel distance to these castles from the capital city is comparable to other nations’ castles, they appear to be placed closer because of their flags’ position, causing concerns about the world PVP balance. Both castles will be moved to new places in order to solve both these problems.
World events – the current position of the Brandon world event looks unbalanced for some players, even though Midlanders can easily access it by controlling 50% of this link. At the same time, Sangmar has longer distance to the Catacombs world event than other nations. To solve it, we will move both events to new locations. Ragi world event will be moved as well to mirror position of the new Brandon’s location and a 3rd raid will be added in the Sangmar-Midland link.
Of course, these are massive changes and we won’t be able to introduce them all in a single update, so they will be applied partially. Thank you for your patience!
Haddah Castle will be moved to the West to mirror the placement of other castles close to the capital cities
Dimar Castle will be moved a bit to the East to mirror the placement of other castles close to the capital cities
Brandon world event will be moved to a new location in the central part of the Ismir-Midland link
Ragi world event will be moved a bit to the West to mirror the Brandon’s new location
New world event will be added in the central part of the Sangmar-Midland link to mirror Brandon and Ragi world events
Catacombs will be moved to the central part of the map and will receive the 3rd entrance, so each nation will have equal access to the Cata world event
Also, our new programmer and artist are close to finish their introduction task – what do you think about it? :)
See you in battle!
Guild Provinces Competing:
Updated competing for the guild provinces mechanics in order to reduce occurrence of the “fake tokens” problem. It had serious downsides for many players, as it allowed players to trigger the State of War with low cost and no effort or risk, forcing the province’s owners to mobilize for 40 minutes every day.
From now on, a guild aiming to fight for given province has to do preparations in the province’s area before putting a token on it and triggering the State of War. Due to this change, attackers will have to put effort into starting a siege – they will have to spend some time inside the enemy province’s area, risking being killed and looted. Also, the defenders can now interrupt completing preparations and eliminate the danger.
Small groups will have to spend significant amount of time to complete the preparations, so in order to mobilize the defenders with a fake token quickly, the attackers will also have to mobilize a large group. In the end, even a fake token will have real cost and risk. Details of the siege preparations:
– Preparations can be started by the guild leader and officers in the context menu of a given location (RMB-click on the location's flag on the map) – Preparations status is completed by killing enemies – NPC guards and townsmen, members of the guild controlling a province and players from the same nation – in the province’s area; the most points will be granted for killing the Guards Commander, although it’s a strong NPC and a group might be required to kill him – NPC guards and townsmen appear only outside of the State of War time so they won’t affect balance during the battles – NPC guards’ power increases as the main building is being upgraded – Preparations can only be done during the server’s primetime in order to prevent attackers doing it by night – Preparations status is descending if no member of the attacking guild is present in the province’s area in order to allow its’ owners to interrupt the preparations – Once the preparations status is completed, the State of War on selected province is triggered for the next day
Quality of Life:
– Updated rewards for the “Deadly Harvest” world event in response to the Community’s feedback – from now on they are: 1st place – 300 Contribution Points, crafting chance buff for the entire nation (final chance * 1.4) which lasts until the end of the next “Deadly Harvest” event, crafting experience buff for every participant (+20%) which lasts 2 hours and experience buff for every participant (+20%) which lasts 2 hours 2nd place – 200 Contribution Points, crafting chance buff for the entire nation (final chance * 1.2) which lasts until the end of the next “Deadly Harvest” event, crafting experience buff for every participant (+20%) which lasts 2 hours and experience buff for every participant (+20%) which lasts 2 hours 3rd place – 100 Contribution Points, crafting experience buff for every participant (+20%) which lasts 2 hours and experience buff for every participant (+20%) which lasts 2 hours – From now on, State of War will start the day after the nearest server’s primetime end – Added second crafting event to mirror the one at the Dead Raven Inn – it’s located at the Happy Rams Inn – Added 1 hour-long cooldown to each of the crafting events in the inns (“Crafting Event – Inn”) after completing the second order – this change was done due to addition of the second crafting event (otherwise the rewards would have to be reduced in order to prevent damaging the game’s economy) – From now on, if a new player (with “Greenleaf” status) logs in and the balancing algorithms will detect his nation as an underdog in the given server, the player will receive a 12 hour-long experience bonus – Introduced “fatigue” system for catapults – their durability decreases with distance in order to prevent driving catapults all around the world until the catapults and countering them system is fully implemented – Improved displaying detail objects inside the Emmisary's Tent (tent’s skin) – Reduced the Midlandic safezone’s size since it was reaching very close to the Rodrock Fort – Reduced number of the map fragments required to launch the “Sea Wraiths” world event from 40 down to 20 – Added displaying the pending received guild invitations in the Notifications Center and, if the player doesn’t belong to any guild yet, in the guild window – pending invitations are kept for 7 days – Added some missing translations in the guild creation menu – Added closing the Notification Center by clicking outside of it – Client-side optimization – found and fixed an issue causing that over 500 client-side objects were doubled or tripled in various places of the world
– Fixed an issue caused that sometimes the Blacks Sickles Chieftain wouldn’t spawn in the “Troubles at the Dunfen Farm” Midlandic quest – Fixed an issue causing that the experience bonus for an underdog nation in a given server remained after changing nation or main server – Fixed an issue causing that the score of “Deadly Harvest” event winners was displayed as 0 points – Fixed purchasing the experience boost cards from the Glory Vendors – Fixed the Contribution Points price of the Experience +20% card – it was cheaper than other cards – Fixed duration of the New Resource Node world events – Fixed description of the item using notification – Fixed an issue causing that female version of the Praetorian’s Pauldrons was displayed with a male model – Fixed textures blinking in the upgradable gatetowers, walls, towers and portcullis – Fixed an issue causing that player characters were floating above some stone bridges – Fixed an issue causing that objects rendered beyond the camera range didn’t cast shadows – Fixed an issue causing blocking a player in the waterfalls – Fixed detecting arena in Fort Lublin – Fix attempt to solve a bug causing not loading the player titles correctly
A new update is live! This week we’ve focused on addressing the Community feedback, including the guild content, archery and the game’s interface. The latest includes, among others, an addition of the Notifications Center and… updated players’ nameplates!
We planned to add some more changes too this week but we had to postpone them so they can be polished enough – expect them to come next week! These changes are:
– Tokens system update in order to fix the fake tokens problem – Further server hopping limitations
See you in battle!
Changelog v 0.8.8.2
Now you can practice PVP with your guildies inside your guild’s castle in the just-added PVP arenas! We also introduced a respawn cooldown in the State of War area in order to increase the meaning of each frag, reduce stagnation created by large groups of defenders and unstoppable assaults by huge groups of defenders and create space for new tactics in battles over guild provinces.
– Added training PVP arenas inside the guild locations – you can fight the ally players in their area without losing reputation – The respawn cooldown effect stacks on each respawn if it started within the area of an active State of War area, up to 4 times – Respawn time can be extended maximally to 120 seconds after stacking the cooldown effect for the 4th time – The cooldown effect lasts for 5 minutes from the last respawn – after this time, all of its’ stacks are being cleared – If a player will be successfully revived before respawning, the cooldown effect won’t stack – Respawn cooldown doesn’t affect the maximum time for looting or revive a player
We diversified the available bows types in order to create more variety in available bows and playstyle. Changes were done to their base damage, armor penetration, powerbar loading times and stamina cost.
– Longbows have the lowest rate of fire but increased armor penetration (15%) – in effect, they will be more effective against heavy-armored enemies but not against light-armored players – Reflexive bows have the lowest damage and no armor penetration but they have the highest rate of fire – they will be very effective when used by skilled archers with good accuracy, their rate of fire and low stamina cost will also be useful for new players – Common bows are an alternative for the players who want to deal more damage with a single arrow than with the reflexive bows but also want a higher rate of fire than that offered by longbows
Quality of Life & Balance
– Updated the players’ nameplates in order to improve user experience and transparency in battles; the complete nameplates can still be displayed by releasing cursor (opening any interface window or holding Alt key) – From now on, the experience boost for the least populated nation is assigned separately on each server – Removed remaining Unused Recipes – Fixed an issue causing that the other player’s character could be displayed as it fell down the wall while still being on top of it – Fixed an issue causing the textures blinking when opening the skins preview in the Supporter Shop and Skins windows – Increased damage dealt by catapults to objects and ballistas – Increased damage dealt by ballistas to siege engines – Fixed an issue causing a significant client-side performance drop in the Mereley harbor – Updated Glory memorials and Ismirean PVP event memorial in the arena – Added basic Animals Butchering recipe to assortment of the standard Merchant vendor – Updated the invitations interface of Frontline Battles, regular siege events and other world events – Reduced max distance for reviving the fallen players – Fixed an issue causing that displaying the arrows’ trail particles even when an arrow already hit the target – Added possibility to set the percentage threshold at which the item’s durability notification is displayed on HUD – Introduced the first iteration of the Notifications Center which is aimed to reduce the amount of various informations displayed on HUD and improve the user experience – From now on, items purchased from the Glory vendors which can also be purchased in the Supporter’s Shop are stored in the Notifications Center, from where they can only be used – thanks to this change, now you can select when do you want to use purchased goods – From now on, Daily Rewards and rewards for Mentor status can be taken in the Notifications Center – Disabled a possibility allowing to purchase a Deposit Slot Card when all deposit slots are already purchased – Added trellis to windows in the upgradable stone keep’s spawnroom to prevent jumping and shooting through them – Updated the memorials’ text layout – Improvements to the Midlandic quest “Defeat pagans on the bridge” – Improvements to Ismirean quests “Troubles at the Mereley Farm” and “The lords of the trees” – Improvements to the Sangmarian quest “The plague of wolves” – Added level requirement for displaying invitations to the Rite and River outpost world events – Added a sound effect to completing a quest’s objective – Added sound effects to the river near Leaktown – Updated some of the rivers sound effects – Added missing icons of Furnace and Metallurgic Furnace – Increased size of the flying birds in response to the players’ feedback that they’re not visible enough – Renamed about 30 characters which names were insulting or violating the Community standards – these characters also received 1-time ability to change their names
– Fixed an edge-case issue causing that the State of War could be started without the 1-day countdown – Fixed an issue causing slight desynchronization of covering the head with a shield on client and server – Fixed an issue causing that low-level players didn’t see the Shrines objective in the Volcano world event – Fixed an issue causing that all of the padded gauntlets were using the male model in female version – Fixed an issue causing that the Leather Bag’s recipe required only one of the listed leathers – Fixed positions of emblems on some of the shield – Fixed holes in the Armoursmith’s Workshop’s model
– Restored the Hide Glue’s recipe which disappeared due to a random bug – it can be purchased from the standard Leatherworker NPC vendor – Added Hide Glue, Boar Butchering, Wolf Butchering, Boar Butchering and Scavenger Butchering to the recipes known by every character – Added possibility in the game options to always display the full players nameplates (by default this option is disabled) – Added a separate keybind to display the full players nameplates without releasing the mouse cursor (by default it’s not bound to any key) – Disabled a possibility allowing to deal headshot and backstab at the same time, which effected in too high damage
New weekly update is live! Last week we added movable catapults – this time we focused on quality of life changes. This update introduces tons of gameplay improvements, balance tweaks and bug fixes. Check them on your own!
See you in battle!
Changelog v 0.8.8.1
Quality of Life improvements:
– Improved synchronizing the player’s server- and client-side position in some edge-case scenarios, i.e. being stunned – Improved detecting the terrain’s angle when walking up the slopes – From now on, holding the walking key sprinting on autorun effects in moving with walking speed without losing stamina – Updated the male character’s body width – Improvements to the Deadly Harvest world event’s interface – Added idle animations for vendors in a fort in the Ismirean starting quests area – Minor improvements to the announcements panel displayed in the main menu – Added animation to reviving a player – Reduced duration of the “New resource node” event, also from now on it will start again in another location once the previous instance ends – Added a missing option to the last question in the character creation process for Ismirs – Added displaying damage dealt to the shooting targets with a bow – Updated the Non-looting zone status icon – Added new skin for the top light armor helms (Karleonian Padded Hood, Black Guard’s Padded Hood, Praetorian’s Padded Hood) – Emissary of the Death's Mask
The latest update which solved some crafting balance issues but it also effects in higher demand for Dziwer bars. We made some changes in response to the Community feedback in order to allow players to acquire of Dziwer bars easier, which is especially important for the underdog factions which can’t hold the top-tier locations and access materials required for high-grade equipment and have issues with leveling important crafting professions.
– Added new Sulfur, Quartz Crystal and Calcite Crystal nodes in the central areas of each link, between middle flags (Rodrock Fort and Tenebrok, Greenport and Scarsdale, Ulfgard and Seaclaw) – Added 1 node of rare materials (with changing spawners which swap after depleting an existing one) to each mine near a nation’s capital – Added Sulfur to the drop table in “Defend the Spy!” dynamic events taking place in the central part of each link – Added Sulfur and Calcite Crystal to the drop table in “Affair in the port” – optional stage of the “Sea Wraiths” world event – Added a chest which can contain Sulfur, Calcite or Nitrite to the rewards in “Sea Wraiths” and “Volcano” world events – Removed remaining materials formerly used for crafting Maille: Small Steel Rings, Big Steel Rings, Thin Steel Wire, Thick Steel Wire – Removed Buckle, Strap with Buckle and Fibula which used steel wires because they were tedious steps with little added value – they have been replaced with Steel Bars or with a compensate item; this change was done to improve the crafting convenience
– Fixed an issue causing that an attack would hit the target player in its’ first frame, preventing the defender from reacting to an incoming attack – Fixed an issue allowing to place a free token on a guild location – Fixed an edge-case issue allowing to purchase more than 2 guild tokens – Fixed an issue preventing players from capturing a guild location if the flag was neutral at the end of the Final Battle – Fixed an issue with converting the local time to UTC which caused not validating the State of War time change in the guild window – Fixed an issue causing that officers couldn’t purchase tokens in the guild window – Fixed an edge case issue allowing to lose items from a bag by splitting items – Fixed an issue causing bugging out the player’s inventory by going out of the water after attempting to unequip items by dragging them on the inventory bags while swimming – in effect a player couldn’t use the hotbar or equip/unequip items – Several fixes to visual bugs appearing after removing items from deposit, i.e. icon of a reinforced item would remain in the deposit destroying at reinforcing – Fixed an issue allowing to consume crafting materials if they were put into the hotbar slots – they disappeared after using them – Fixed an issue causing that bags were invisible until relogging after attempting to move them from deposit to inventory by double-clicking LMB – Fixed an issue causing that some shields were invisible from one side on minimal settings – Fixed an issue allowing to accept reviving a minute after receiving the revive offer which allowed to revive already dead players – Fixed an issue preventing players from joining the Valley of Death tournament when it already started if any nation has already reached the team’s size max limit – Fixed an edge-case issue causing that when a player left the Valley of Death tournament, no player was added from the queue as a replacement – Fixed the quests requiring capturing a location which take place on farms and mines – Fixed an issue causing that campfires were applying a debuff to damage dealt by a player who walked into it – from now on, the campfire will deal small burning damage over time – Fixed moving a player to the ranked duels arena from the training arena if the player chose to spectate a fight – Fixed an issue causing that the fast travel options in the map were disabled after discarding the travel target selection – Fixed a visual bug causing displaying cancellation of any action twice – Fixed position of gloves in the player looting window – Fixed an issue causing that some parts of the Supporter Shop’s interface were rendered below other windows