Egosoft is happy to announce that our first Virtual Reality game is finally ready for release. Today marks the end of Early Access and the launch of X Rebirth VR Edition. http://store.steampowered.com/app/570420/X_Rebirth_VR_Edition/ To celebrate the launch of X Rebirth VR Edition, we will make all X games available for free for the upcoming weekend on Steam. You can play during the weekend and try out all the games from Egosoft that you do not own yet. Best of all: If you decide you want to buy one of them, there are some massive discounts too. Go and check out our games on Steam.
End of Loyalty Discount: If you own X Rebirth and want VR Edition, buy NOW!
We are going to end the X Rebirth VR Edition loyalty discount on December 10th when this sale ends. So if you own X Rebirth and are considering X Rebirth VR Edition, you can buy it with a 30% loyalty discount added on top of the 20% discount during this weekend at a total of 50% off!
New Updates for X Rebirth, X3TC and X3AP
X Rebirth 4.30: This update brings a number of improvements for controlling the game. Joystick and HOTAS improvements that we made during the XR VR development have been back ported to X Rebirth and come along with a default profile for some of the most popular sticks. Also controlling the game with gamepads got a lot easier thanks to a number of new features developed for X Rebirth VR Edition. Click here for a full list of features.
X Rebirth VR Edition 4.30: With the launch also come a number of new features for XR VR, including improved HOTAS and Joystick support and a method to play in VR with mouse and keyboard. See different methods of playing X Rebirth VR Edition explained in this video: https://youtu.be/Q9g9j-zjAxk X3: Terran Conflict 3.4 and X3: Albion Prelude 3.3: These two updates bring a couple of low level engine improvements for better performance especially during large battles. We also added a borderless window mode and fixed some bugs. More about these updates here.
We are rolling out a hotfix for X Rebirth to solve crashes caused by the Windows 10 Fall Update. This affects Windows versions of X Rebirth up to 4.10 and 4.21 beta. Note that X Rebirth VR Edition is not affected.
This update brings you a number of improvements that didn't quite make it into 4.00, and a few fixes for things that did. In particular we've improved capital ship movement and general AI flight behaviour in specific situations, and made some UI tweaks including adding ammunition information to the detail menus for ships and stations.
As usual, we've also improved performance here and there and squashed some crash bugs. Some of the improvements we've been able to make have come as a side-effect of our efforts on the VR Edition that we're working on, and we're expecting more to come from that in the future.
The full changelog is quite extensive, and well worth taking a look through:
• Added ammunition display to detail menus of ships and stations. • Improved font readability in certain cases. • Improved crosshair visual quality. • Improved slider bar behaviour for large range values. • Improved positioning of minigame display to try to avoid obstructing other elements. • Improved output errors caused by mods which generate certain UI problems. • Improved output from errors caused by Steam configuration issues when trying to start game. • Improved AI fight/flee behaviour. • Improved squadron engagement logic. • Improved combat movement for capital ships with forward-mounted weapons. • Improved determination of zone in which to mine for station-based mining ships. • Improved station-based miners engaged in inter-sector mining. • Improved defence officers on capital ships now target surface elements of hostile ships. • Improved movement from explicit player-given movement order. • Improved capital ship movement in areas with many asteroids (asteroids now break when rammed by a capital ship!). • Improved mouse cursor hotspot in OSX/Linux version. • Fixed several issues with Chinese localisation. • Fixed scroll-bar overlapping frame background in menu in some languages. • Fixed sliders in some menus starting somewhere in the middle rather than at the left. • Fixed notoriety bar not displaying correct LED-states in certain cases. • Fixed several crosshair behaviour and appearance issues. • Fixed several other minor UI visual glitches. • Fixed NPC command not updating correctly in menu. • Fixed sound position of long range scan echoes. • Fixed Xenon capital ships being boardable. • Fixed mining laser getting weapon mods that affect cooling. • Fixed Withdraw From Battle not holding fire. • Fixed squadron escorts not moving to attack in some cases. • Fixed trades getting disrupted by ships fleeing. • Fixed escape pods not moving after being ejected. • Fixed capital ships sometimes getting stuck trading, especially with other ships. • Fixed ships and stations not becoming hostile when their trade drones are destroyed. • Fixed rounding issues causing engineers to sometimes not make progress when repairing hull. • Fixed several issues with ship pathing. • Fixed rare cases of untargetable icons being displayed or comm-actions being listed incorrectly in the interact menu. • Fixed relation mismatch between the Argon Secret Service Licence and the mission rewarding it. • Fixed Argon Secret Service Licence not being able to be regained when achieving the required Argon relation. • Fixed engagement distance tolerances for capital ships moving in combat. • Fixed long-range scan hints appearing too often. • Fixed R&D Chem Lab stations requiring Bio-Optic Wiring during construction. • Fixed subordinates of capital ships taken from the player during the plot ending up in a broken state. • Fixed weapon mod menu being available on NPC ships. • Fixed circular command structures when assigning multiple ships a commander. • Fixed request to repair ship resulting in new drones being installed instead. • Fixed case of fleeing ships failing to do so. • Fixed crash starting game on a PC with more than 8 graphics devices. • Fixed external view being in the wrong position when activated for the first time. • Fixed ships sometimes ending up in wrong positions after loading a savegame. • Fixed cases where player drones bounced off the ship instead of docking. • Fixed ship traders failing to determine the amount of ammunition currently equipped. • Fixed long range scanners not detecting objects in adjacent zones. • Fixed passengers being commable from space, allowing them to be picked up. • Fixed Xenon P being generated for missions more often than it should • Fixed ships patrolling while guarding something, occasionally getting continuously distracted. • Fixed construction drones flying to incorrect positions. • Fixed cases where ships took unnecessary detours into potentially dangerous areas, especially in Home of Light. • Fixed inability to move with a capital ship if a station is nearby (especially the large Split station in Maelstrom). • Fixed mouse input being enabled for flight or first person movement while a game overlay is active. • Fixed inability to leave a highway while a menu is open. • Fixed problems with targeting objects in various cases. • Fixed endless loop when loading a savegame in certain cases. • Fixed several small memory leaks. • Fixed several causes of crashes. • Fixed a cause of performance drain and memory leak affecting long play sessions, particularly large battles. • Numerous small performance improvements.
In addition to our big announcement today of the new X Rebirth VR Edition, we are also releasing new public beta updates for several of our existing games.
X Rebirth 4.10
X3: Albion Prelude 3.2
X3: Terran Conflict 3.3
All three of these updates improve the games, and include a number of fixes and performance improvements that have come to our attention over the past months. These updates will, of course, be made available to everybody once the testing has ended.
We are pleased to announce yet another free update to X Rebirth, along with a new DLC called Home of Light which is available to buy now.
Key new features of 4.0 include:
• Bulletin board system to keep track of offered missions. • Major overhaul of external view (enabled menus, target elements, external view in highways, and more). • Orders for multiple selected ships in the Property Owned menu (replaces 'Broadcast' order). • Trade Deals menu with profit estimates. • Economy logging and statistics. • Time acceleration using SETA. • New mission to obtain player ship jump drive. • New missions to hack stations and obtain rare or valuable items. • You can now find and craft rare weapon modifications that increase your weapon's stats when installed. • New in-game tutorials. • OS X and Linux versions now join Windows on full release.
The Home of Light DLC is the second expansion for X Rebirth and establishes the access to three new star systems, including the well-known Home of Light, home of the powerful TerraCorp.
Since the latest Steam client update, the mouse cursor could get "stuck" in certain situations. We have issued a hotfix to solve this problem in X Rebirth while the Steam developers investigate the underlying cause.
X Rebirth 3.61 is now available, with a few more fixes and small improvements.
• Added ability to toggle HUD display (default mapping Shift-H). • Improved "flight assist off" mode by allowing stop key to operate. • Improved AI pathing and mission guidance to and from Empty Space zones. • Improved DPS calculations for launchers including one very wrong case of overpowered missile turrets. • Fixed multiple causes of "stuck trades". • Fixed construction vessels adding unbuilt upgrades after repairing a station. • Fixed welder drones occasionally working on wrong parts of station after loading savegame. • Fixed player owned ships ignoring the "Refuel automatically" Captain's option when they are not in squad. • Fixed beam weapons not heating up over time. • Fixed infopoint location at several stations. • Fixed secondary resource efficiency effects not showing up in menus when only some resources are present. • Fixed targeting of mission offer or infopoint causing zone map to stop working. • Fixed hotkeys and back button on repair menu slider not working. • Fixed in-game processing of mouse clicks when click is bringing game window into focus. • Fixed Steam Workshop options not being available in Extensions menu if the extension list is empty. • Fixed selection of gates using map. • Fixed several more causes of crashes. • Several small performance and memory optimisations.
Our newest update for X Rebirth, 3.60, is now available to everyone! It includes several handy improvements and the usual array of fixes, as well as an experimental new flight mode that we'd like everyone's feedback on.
Take a look at the video we've made to accompany this update to find out more, and to get a few hints on our future plans.
• New Feature: Target can now be set directly from within the holomap. • New Feature: Flight assist mode can now be disabled. • Added audio feedback for when the game is saved. • Added possibility to talk to Ship Dealers and buy/sell ships remotely via the station's communication conversation. • Improved behaviour of acceleration/deceleration controls when crossing zero speed boundary. • Improved text-readability of distance and destination texts at target elements. • Improved performance and responsiveness of UI. • Improved accuracy of mouse click/pick detection. • Improved shooting behavior in external view. • Improved readability of start menu, options menu and sidebar by removing "scan lines". • Improved accuracy of out-of-sector trade lane calculations resulting in faster trades via Cargolifters URVs.
• Fixed memory leak in upkeep missions causing large savegames and long game shutdown times. • Fixed player falling through floor of ship if walking around while in super-highway. • Fixed broken player movement after certain multi-stage conversations. • Fixed mouse cursor being stuck hidden and confined when loading a savegame while on a platform. • Fixed police not picking up all dropped illegal containers from player when scanned. • Fixed engineer repairing hull too slowly if there are no other damaged elements. • Fixed shipyards potentially starting to build when something is docking/undocking. • Fixed ships/stations still shooting at objects when they shouldn't in certain cases. • Fixed some cases where small ships and drones were dragged by capital ships instead of flying to the correct destination. • Fixed combat drones not using evade manoeuvers in several cases. • Fixed missing weapons in playership encyclopedia entry. • Fixed several issues with crafting mission. • Fixed several issues with text and localisations. • Fixed several issues with the Twilight Sentinel plot battle. • Fixed Plutarch Overwatch station repairing itself after being destroyed. • Fixed engine rotation of the Eterscel Raider. • Fixed trade reservation clean up when canceling trade plans on player-owned ships. • Fixed issues with drone capacity after a drone launch pad is destroyed. • Fixed not being able to steer after loading certain savegames. • Fixed several bugs related to launching and docking remote controlled drones. • Fixed some cases where mouse-picking positions on menus were incorrect. • Fixed distance text at target elements not being centered. • Fixed details menu for ships in construction. • Fixed some incorrect speed values in menus. • Fixed problem highlighting station modules by clicking on them in the map. • Fixed incorrect part positions in holomap detail view. • Fixed accuracy issues with trade prices in savegames. • Fixed rare cases of turrets trying to shoot through other objects which are in line-of-sight of their actual target. • Fixed rare cases of sound-effects coming from the wrong positions in the cockpit or during remote control. • Fixed several causes for managers reporting incorrect recommended budget and transferring too much money to player account. • Fixed NPC built stations in the plot from sometimes never being completed by allowing a new builder ship to be ordered. • Fixed several small glitches with the crosshair in external view. • Fixed player being allowed to dock at ships after they were sold. • Fixed re-entering ROVs at the last moment causing issues with bomb ammo and exiting the drone again. • Fixed architect not asking for enough credits. • Fixed incorrect profit calculations. • Fixed cases of stuck ships in build-areas preventing stations from being constructed. • Fixed missing rare engine reward bug in crafting mission. • Fixed station-owned ships ignoring non-player-owned stations when attempting to sell off products or leftover cargo from their homebase. • Fixed drone units being marked as "in use" even if launching them failed. • Fixed Traitor drones not replenishing bomb ammo when bombs are detonated while the drone is docked. • Fixed certain cases of being unable to dock on captured ships. • Fixed issue causing excessive stalls when quitting a game session. • Fixed issue causing performance to degrade slowly over a long game session. • Fixed several more causes of crashes. • Several small performance and memory optimisations.
• Improved extension handling so that loading order of mods now follows defined dependencies. • Fixed several of the most common remaining causes of crashes. • Fixed capital shield being unable to boost if they have no shields (fix in 3.51 did not work in all cases). • Fixed broken buttons on player ship entry in encyclopedia. • Fixed rounding error relating to upgrade counts. • Fixed missing text truncation for objectives in Mission Manager.