In addition to our big announcement today of the new X Rebirth VR Edition, we are also releasing new public beta updates for several of our existing games.
X Rebirth 4.10
X3: Albion Prelude 3.2
X3: Terran Conflict 3.3
All three of these updates improve the games, and include a number of fixes and performance improvements that have come to our attention over the past months. These updates will, of course, be made available to everybody once the testing has ended.
We are pleased to announce yet another free update to X Rebirth, along with a new DLC called Home of Light which is available to buy now.
Key new features of 4.0 include:
• Bulletin board system to keep track of offered missions. • Major overhaul of external view (enabled menus, target elements, external view in highways, and more). • Orders for multiple selected ships in the Property Owned menu (replaces 'Broadcast' order). • Trade Deals menu with profit estimates. • Economy logging and statistics. • Time acceleration using SETA. • New mission to obtain player ship jump drive. • New missions to hack stations and obtain rare or valuable items. • You can now find and craft rare weapon modifications that increase your weapon's stats when installed. • New in-game tutorials. • OS X and Linux versions now join Windows on full release.
The Home of Light DLC is the second expansion for X Rebirth and establishes the access to three new star systems, including the well-known Home of Light, home of the powerful TerraCorp.
Since the latest Steam client update, the mouse cursor could get "stuck" in certain situations. We have issued a hotfix to solve this problem in X Rebirth while the Steam developers investigate the underlying cause.
X Rebirth 3.61 is now available, with a few more fixes and small improvements.
• Added ability to toggle HUD display (default mapping Shift-H). • Improved "flight assist off" mode by allowing stop key to operate. • Improved AI pathing and mission guidance to and from Empty Space zones. • Improved DPS calculations for launchers including one very wrong case of overpowered missile turrets. • Fixed multiple causes of "stuck trades". • Fixed construction vessels adding unbuilt upgrades after repairing a station. • Fixed welder drones occasionally working on wrong parts of station after loading savegame. • Fixed player owned ships ignoring the "Refuel automatically" Captain's option when they are not in squad. • Fixed beam weapons not heating up over time. • Fixed infopoint location at several stations. • Fixed secondary resource efficiency effects not showing up in menus when only some resources are present. • Fixed targeting of mission offer or infopoint causing zone map to stop working. • Fixed hotkeys and back button on repair menu slider not working. • Fixed in-game processing of mouse clicks when click is bringing game window into focus. • Fixed Steam Workshop options not being available in Extensions menu if the extension list is empty. • Fixed selection of gates using map. • Fixed several more causes of crashes. • Several small performance and memory optimisations.
Our newest update for X Rebirth, 3.60, is now available to everyone! It includes several handy improvements and the usual array of fixes, as well as an experimental new flight mode that we'd like everyone's feedback on.
Take a look at the video we've made to accompany this update to find out more, and to get a few hints on our future plans.
• New Feature: Target can now be set directly from within the holomap. • New Feature: Flight assist mode can now be disabled. • Added audio feedback for when the game is saved. • Added possibility to talk to Ship Dealers and buy/sell ships remotely via the station's communication conversation. • Improved behaviour of acceleration/deceleration controls when crossing zero speed boundary. • Improved text-readability of distance and destination texts at target elements. • Improved performance and responsiveness of UI. • Improved accuracy of mouse click/pick detection. • Improved shooting behavior in external view. • Improved readability of start menu, options menu and sidebar by removing "scan lines". • Improved accuracy of out-of-sector trade lane calculations resulting in faster trades via Cargolifters URVs.
• Fixed memory leak in upkeep missions causing large savegames and long game shutdown times. • Fixed player falling through floor of ship if walking around while in super-highway. • Fixed broken player movement after certain multi-stage conversations. • Fixed mouse cursor being stuck hidden and confined when loading a savegame while on a platform. • Fixed police not picking up all dropped illegal containers from player when scanned. • Fixed engineer repairing hull too slowly if there are no other damaged elements. • Fixed shipyards potentially starting to build when something is docking/undocking. • Fixed ships/stations still shooting at objects when they shouldn't in certain cases. • Fixed some cases where small ships and drones were dragged by capital ships instead of flying to the correct destination. • Fixed combat drones not using evade manoeuvers in several cases. • Fixed missing weapons in playership encyclopedia entry. • Fixed several issues with crafting mission. • Fixed several issues with text and localisations. • Fixed several issues with the Twilight Sentinel plot battle. • Fixed Plutarch Overwatch station repairing itself after being destroyed. • Fixed engine rotation of the Eterscel Raider. • Fixed trade reservation clean up when canceling trade plans on player-owned ships. • Fixed issues with drone capacity after a drone launch pad is destroyed. • Fixed not being able to steer after loading certain savegames. • Fixed several bugs related to launching and docking remote controlled drones. • Fixed some cases where mouse-picking positions on menus were incorrect. • Fixed distance text at target elements not being centered. • Fixed details menu for ships in construction. • Fixed some incorrect speed values in menus. • Fixed problem highlighting station modules by clicking on them in the map. • Fixed incorrect part positions in holomap detail view. • Fixed accuracy issues with trade prices in savegames. • Fixed rare cases of turrets trying to shoot through other objects which are in line-of-sight of their actual target. • Fixed rare cases of sound-effects coming from the wrong positions in the cockpit or during remote control. • Fixed several causes for managers reporting incorrect recommended budget and transferring too much money to player account. • Fixed NPC built stations in the plot from sometimes never being completed by allowing a new builder ship to be ordered. • Fixed several small glitches with the crosshair in external view. • Fixed player being allowed to dock at ships after they were sold. • Fixed re-entering ROVs at the last moment causing issues with bomb ammo and exiting the drone again. • Fixed architect not asking for enough credits. • Fixed incorrect profit calculations. • Fixed cases of stuck ships in build-areas preventing stations from being constructed. • Fixed missing rare engine reward bug in crafting mission. • Fixed station-owned ships ignoring non-player-owned stations when attempting to sell off products or leftover cargo from their homebase. • Fixed drone units being marked as "in use" even if launching them failed. • Fixed Traitor drones not replenishing bomb ammo when bombs are detonated while the drone is docked. • Fixed certain cases of being unable to dock on captured ships. • Fixed issue causing excessive stalls when quitting a game session. • Fixed issue causing performance to degrade slowly over a long game session. • Fixed several more causes of crashes. • Several small performance and memory optimisations.
• Improved extension handling so that loading order of mods now follows defined dependencies. • Fixed several of the most common remaining causes of crashes. • Fixed capital shield being unable to boost if they have no shields (fix in 3.51 did not work in all cases). • Fixed broken buttons on player ship entry in encyclopedia. • Fixed rounding error relating to upgrade counts. • Fixed missing text truncation for objectives in Mission Manager.
• Fixed default NPCs being able to board the playership and getting stuck. • Fixed being able to get more than five skill stars through employee training before skills are revealed. • Fixed ship animation issues when leaving the area and returning later. • Fixed some Russian localisation issues. • Fixed a problem loading plot savegames made in versions created prior to 3.51 while player ship docked.
Note: Although the last fix listed above does restore Yisha if she was accidentally removed in 3.51, we recommend that you do not use savegames made in 3.51 which suffered this problem as you may encounter problems such as stuck plot missions. Savegames made in 3.50 which would have suffered this problem had they been loaded in 3.51 should be be fine in 3.52.
X Rebirth 3.51 is now available, with a few more fixes and small improvements for your gaming pleasure:
• Collision shield damage now only applies to player ship, or drone when under player remote control. • Improved balancing and accuracy of combat calculations when player is not present. • Fixed missing drone docks on Sucellus and Balor. • Fixed missing shield protection for drone bays on large Teladi ships (Teladi Outpost DLC only). • Fixed player being thrown far into empty space when leaving super highway under autopilot. • Fixed mass-traffic "clumping" after loading a savegame. • Fixed problem with mapping buttons on certain joysticks. • Fixed very rare case where a target might not be selected using gamepad controls. • Fixed delay when launching mining drones from Teladi capital ship (Teladi Outpost DLC only). • Fixed engineers not returning Construction URVs in some situations. • Fixed incorrect maximum shield values during and after construction. • Fixed repairing of station parts not correctly restoring surface elements. • Fixed "free" upgrades on stations extended when the player is not present. • Fixed scan station missions not completing. • Fixed missing variation name on several ships. • Fixed "zombie" NPCs on certain stations who will not respond to attempts to talk. • Fixed capital ships not being able to boost if shields are too low. • Fixed claimed ships not running commands after claim is complete. • Fixed drones bumping while trying to dock on certain docks.
Our latest update for X: Rebirth is now available. New features include:
• New generic missions and new upkeep missions for easier station management. • New ships: The new Onil mining ships available in the Canteran shipyard in DeVries. • New "Container Magnet" which helps to attract nearby collectables to the player ship. • Easier navigation through text search field in map. • New FXAA graphics option.
And among the many other improvements in 3.50 are:
• Improved station manager and station owned ship trade behavior. • Improved balancing and accuracy of combat calculations when player is not present. • Improved response of player owned stations to nearby player ships being attacked. • Completely reworked Russian localization. • Improved support for UI-modding and much more...
We also have a Free Weekend running on Steam until the 15th of March for all of our X series games, and the very first Alpha test version of X: Rebirth for Linux is available through Steam Play.