In our final release for 2014, the 3.10 update fixes a few issues that have been reported in 3.00. Happy holidays!
• Fixed problem with mission chains where no reward being given would result in the entire chain being failed. • Fixed hacking mission with fewer than 6 target points being impossible to complete. • Fixed player-owned ships in Teladi game start having no actions running. • Fixed excessively long timeout for stuck ware exchanges (further fixes to prevent it happening to come in a future update). • Fixed cockpit walk-in animation not stopping when quitting a cutscene early. • Fixed cockpit placement on Omicron Trade ship obstructing a shieldgenerator. • Fixed unreachable crate on ship platform. • Fixed floating adsign on Omicron station. • Fixed hull value of Albatross XL (Liquid). • Fixed loss of "volatile" crafting wares when using external view or after loading savegame. • Fixed rare ships appearing with "(Remove) Teladi Pirate" in their name. • Fixed missing hull sections in certain ships since 3.0. • Fixed UI/control lockup if autopilot is deactivated from within a menu. • Fixed some more causes of potential crashes and improved crash reporting.
The Teladi Outpost DLC introduces a whole Teladi-controlled system containing two new sectors and over a dozen zones of interest, along with new Teladi and pirate factions, and various new Teladi ships, stations and weapon types.
X Rebirth 2.51 is now available. It will be automatically applied by your Steam client.
Fixed failure to deselect current target under certain circumstances.
Fixed crash when loading certain savegames.
Fixed several other causes of crashes.
Note that as of this patch, 32-bit systems are no longer supported. Our system requirements have stated since the beginning that 64-bit is a necessity and going forward, we will only support 64-bit releases.
• New Feature: New side-bar based main menu. • New Feature: External camera view. • New Feature: Free look in cockpit. • New Feature: New shipyards for small and medium sized ships. • Added Drone Hunt generic mission. • Added Protection Detail generic mission. • Added Diplomatic Aid mission chain. • Added respawning of specialists with increasing hire fees. • Added incoming remotely ordered wares to item trader menu. • Added auto-refuel setting. • Added small ship traders. • Added primary shields to large ships which did not already have them. • Added "civil war" behaviour between Plutarch and Heart of Albion in Albion. • Added ability to replace destroyed CVs so that station construction can can continue. • Added ability to assign ships to other ships of same size or to any large ship. • Added option to choose between stopping and maintaining speed while in menus. • Added event monitor display to drone control mode. • Added target elements for player-owned small ships. • Added statistic for storage modules hacked. • Added crash report option with privacy settings. • Improved event monitor with "picture-in-picture" mode. • Improved hacking gameplay. • Improved engine animation and effects. • Improved ship AI behaviour in numerous situations. • Improved generation of mission enemies. • Improved "Assign new superior" command. • Improved ability menu to show when a drone is unavailable. • Improved mission target indicator to point always to the closest mission target. • Improved trade offers menu (shopping list is included in ship cargo). • Improved docking behaviour of drones. • Improved build tree menu user experience. • Improved several mission briefings. • Improved Open Comm Link menu in legacy main menu. • Improved scan time for police scanning illegal activities. • Improved lifetime of containers dropped from cargo bays. • Improved remote controlled player drones flying back to the player ship. • Improved rendering of distant objects to reduce flickering slightly. • Improved Mission Bar so it no longer obstructs menus. • Improved crash report content to help us find and fix causes of crashes.
• Fixed several plot and other mission issues. • Fixed several of the most common causes of crashes. • Various optimisations resulting in performance improvements. • Many more fixes, see the complete release notes.
The system requirements for the game have always stated that it requires a 64-bit version of Windows, and the 64-bit version of the game is now successfully in general use. This is likely to be the last major version for which a 32-bit executable is available.
Together with the general availability of Update 2.50 for X Rebirth, which will be released soon, bringing a new menu system, external camera, new small shipyards and many other improvements, we are happy to announce today the DLC - X Rebirth: The Teladi Outpost - coming in December 2014:
We are pleased to announce the latest update to X Rebirth which takes the game to 64-bit, allowing the game to make better use of your PC's available memory.
• NEW: The 64-bit EXE is now the default. See below for more information. • Fixed Secret Service missions constantly reminding player to talk to mission actor. • Fixed campaign progressing unexpectedly when docking at station. • Fixed player occasionally being in wrong position on platform when loading savegame. • Fixed trade offers on player ships/stations occasionally not appearing in trade menu. • Fixed claimed ships not showing up in property menu. • Fixed ships continuing to move when ordered to wait. • Fixed trade orders not being executed when ship has been ordered to wait. • Fixed various cases of drones being unable to dock/return. • Fixed missing docking bay on Wheat Plantation. • Fixed missing container storage on Pharma-Spice Farm. • Fixed missing MK2 weapons after completing plot (you may need to change zones before this kicks in). • Fixed map not showing player stations. • Fixed incorrect positions of some elements on map. • Fixed menu slider controls breaking under certain circumstances. • Fixed controls no longer working when opening ability menu on a platform. • Fixed controller A-button not working after having left the cockpit while an interactive notification was displayed. • Fixed station under construction becoming invisible after Alt-Tab. • Fixed a leak causing savegames to grow slowly in size over time. • Fixed several causes of occasional crashes.
If you encounter serious problems with the 64-bit version and would like to try reverting to 32-bit then you can subscribe to the 32-bit "beta" using the Steam client. To start using the 32-bit version, right-click X Rebirth in the Steam client, select Properties, go to the Betas tab and select release_32 from the dropdown list. If you are running a 32-bit version of Windows you will automatically receive the 32-bit version of the game, though such Windows versions remain unsupported.
Note: The system requirements for the game have always stated that it requires a 64-bit version of Windows, and future updates for the 32-bit version are not guaranteed indefinitely.
Steam does not currently support automatic crashdump upload for 64-bit applications. We are therefore using a third party tool to provide this facility. If there is a crash then a standard crashdump will be created and uploaded to the third party site, from where we can perform analysis to determine the cause. As with Steam crashdumps no personal information is included in these crashdumps.
• Improved dock info menu by marking enemy NPCs in red. • Fixed incorrectly sorted NPCs in the dock info menu. • Fixed CVs being unexpectedly relocated when rammed by boosting capital ships. • Fixed item trader telling you about an "excellent choice" when you didn't buy anything. • Fixed long range scanner effects not showing for distant objects. • Fixed resource menu not opening for ship trader. • Fixed mission finding player-owned objects as targets. • Fixed several other small mission issues. • Fixed architect not being set up correctly on plot CV. • Fixed capital ships trying to use their jumpdrive when they should go through a gate directly. • Fixed several cases of incorrectly oriented ship parts on the radar. • Fixed issues with sending cargo collector drones from certain capital ships. • Fixed Omicron Lyrae sectors not having an owner faction. • Fixed inconsistent interact menu item positions. • Fixed one cause of cargo collector drones having trouble launching/docking. • Fixed event monitor sounds coming from the wrong direction in first person mode. • Fixed text errors in German localisation. • Fixed repair not being available for damaged objects when some sub-components are damaged. • Fixed build duration and resources required when running a "partial" build (usually in response to missing components). • Fixed build durations generally not taking into account production method and efficiency. • Fixed repair resources not being calculated correctly. • Fixed integrated sub-components sometimes being wrecked independently. • Fixed various issues with visual build progress becoming inconsistent during building. • Fixed inconsistent component states, both visual and functional, after destruction/repair in certain circumstances. • Fixed NPCs on destroyed player platforms not being killed resulting in problems assigning new ones. • Fixed problems with stop task and with clear shopping list not clearing the shopping list. • Fixed pilots losing money when they are no longer in the squad when they finish their last planned trade. • Fixed ships sometimes failing to line up correctly to trade offer docks, blocking trades. • Fixed problems with drones not returning to dock. • Fixed problems of losing reputation in wrong cases. • Fixed various issues with upkeep and Secret Service missions. • Fixed cases with missing target elements (especially for newly built stations). • Fixed cases where a super-highway exit incorrectly showed a target element. • Fixed target element at left side for the playership, when player is under cover. • Fixed police ships sometimes attacking innocent objects. • Fixed keeping PageUp/PageDown pressed down not cycling through target when being inside a drone. • Fixed keeping Shift+F pressed down causing an FPS-drop. • Fixed achievements for Hard difficulty not unlocking in some cases. • Fixed several minor physics issues. • Fixed one cause of "micro-stutter" during gameplay. • Fixed several causes of occasional crashes. • Various optimisations resulting in small performance improvements.
Egosoft is extremely pleased to finally announce the release of X Rebirth 2.0 - Secret Service Missions. After considerable effort and with an eye to all the great feedback we've received, X Rebirth 2.0 represents a major update for a wide variety of gameplay mechanics.
• New Feature: Three new gamestarts, each with a new cockpit configuration. • New Feature: Rebalanced combat with three difficulty settings. • New Feature: Additional commands for your ships. • New Feature: Autopilot can fly your ship while you are busy. • New Feature: All new highway flight model. • New Feature: Most tasks can now be performed without landing on stations. • New Feature: Full screen HUD detail monitor option. • New Feature: Clicks on event monitor now open relevant menus. • New Feature: Map/radar on event monitor. • New Feature: New ships in Omicron Lyrae. • New Feature: Huge new Xenon ship. • New Feature: Four new missile types. • New Feature: Improved graphics for an even more beautiful universe. • New Feature: New graphics options and presets. • New Feature: New start menu scene. • New Feature: New Steam achievements. • Added support for up to 8 input devices (now even your pet octopus can get the most from the game). • Added option to buy replacement player ship cockpit layout from certain traders. • Added shield damage for collisions. • Improved responsiveness of main menu and dialogs. • Improved event monitor with more space for important information. • Improved positioning of interface elements in first person mode. • Improved production logic now skips products where the station has too much stock. • Fixed gamepad mode switching on when axis has non-zero value while at rest. • Fixed problem with wrecked state of ship/station surface elements not always being loaded from savegames correctly. • Fixed collectable objects not showing a target element. • Fixed gates not showing a target element. • Fixed info points not being displayed at drone launch pads. • Fixed cases where clicking on larger targets didn't work. • Fixed rare instance of mission objective bar being stuck on screen. • Fixed text field not being reset when closing and reopening trade menu. • Fixed problems with overlapping/truncated text on first person event monitor. • Fixed cases resulting in jumping target elements. • Fixed incorrect text in certain conversations. • Fixed icon size in licence encyclopedia entry. • Fixed distance sorting in trade menu. • Fixed capital ships becoming invisible when boosting while player is close. • Fixed cases where build icons were displayed without a builder ship in the player squad. • Fixed missing trade offers for architects with no money. • Fixed rare case of missing target elements (usually build locations or player owned cap ships). • Fixed cases where targeting objects using gamepad/joystick controls did not work correctly. • Fixed trade restrictions menu getting stuck. • Fixed several causes of occasional crashes. • Various optimisations resulting in small performance improvements.
This is just a small update to fix some problems reported by some players.
• Fixed further problems with ship and station build, upgrade and repair processes. • Fixed crash when starting game with more than 4 joystick devices installed. • Fixed several other causes of occasional crashes. • Improved handling of pre-1.30 savegame compatibility problems caused by mods leaving files in the root extension folder. • Improved error reporting in crash dump files.