1. Agreement to Terms of ServiceStrange Loop Games (“SLG”) provides its Software and Services to you, subject to the following Terms of Service (“TOS”), which may be updated by Strange Loop games without notice to you.
The TOS is available for viewing online at: https://www.play.eco and written copies are available at our office upon request. Notice of changes to the TOS or other matters may be made by displaying such notices on our website, forum or by providing such notices to you generally.
In addition, when using particular SLG Software and Services, you agree to abide by the SLG’s Acceptable Use Statement, Instructions or Directions of Staff or Moderators of SLG and any other guides or rules which may be posted by SLG from time to time. All such guides and rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS. Where any inconsistency exists between the TOS and any guide or rule, the TOS will prevail.
2. Description of ServiceSLG develops and sells Software and SLG provides users with the Online Services related to the SLG’s game ECO Global Survival. This software and services include, but are not limited to, Forums, Chats, Servers, Account Authentication Services. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any additional features that augment or enhance the Service, including access to network hardware or software, shall be subject to the TOS.
3. Your Registration ObligationsIn consideration of your use of the Services, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”). If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or SLG has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, SLG has the right to suspend, terminate or refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof) by you.
You will receive an account designation upon completing the Service’s registration process.
5. Rules of ConductYou are fully responsible for all your activities whilst using the Service.
You agree to notify SLG immediately of any unauthorized use of the Service. SLG cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the provisions contained in this section.
You acknowledge that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not SLG are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Service.
SLG does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You acknowledge that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will SLG be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, e-mail or otherwise transmitted via the Service.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- May not decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or create derivative works of the Software by any means whatsoever.
- Use modifications to Software interfere with the normal operation of the game.
- Violate any law, rule, or regulation.
- Interfere with or disrupt any SLG Service or any server or network used to support or provide an SLG Service, including any hacking or cracking into an SLG Service.
- Use any software or program that damages, interferes with or disrupts an SLG Service or another's computer or property, such as denial of service attacks, spamming, hacking, or uploading computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, cancelbots, spyware, corrupted files and time bombs.
- Interfere with or disrupt another player's use of an SLG Service. This includes disrupting the normal flow of game play, chat or dialogue within an SLG Service by, for example, using vulgar, or harassing language, being abusive, excessive shouting (all caps), spamming, flooding or hitting the return key repeatedly.
- Harass, threaten, bully, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.
- Contribute User-generated content (“UGC”), or organize or participate in any activity, group or guild that is inappropriate, abusive, harassing, profane, threatening, hateful, offensive, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invades another's privacy, or is otherwise reasonably objectionable.
- Publish, post, upload or distribute UGC that is illegal or that you don't have permission to freely distribute.
- Publish, post, upload or distribute any content, such as a topic, name, screen name, avatar, persona, or other material or information, that SLG (acting reasonably and objectively) determines is inappropriate, abusive, hateful, harassing, profane, defamatory, threatening, hateful, obscene, sexually explicit, infringing, privacy-invasive, vulgar, offensive, indecent or unlawful.
- Post a message for any purpose other than personal communication. Prohibited messages include advertising, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes and other types of solicitation or commercial activities.
- Impersonate another person or falsely imply that you are an SLG employee, moderator or representative.
- Improperly use in-game support or complaint buttons or make false reports to SLG staff.
- Attempt to obtain, or phish for, a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on SLG Services.
- Use any robot, spider or other automated device or process to access this website for any purpose or copy any material on this website.
- Use or distribute unauthorized software programs or tools, such as "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs, "cheat utility" software program or applications, exploits, cheats, or any other game hacking, altering or cheating software or tool.
- Modify any file or any other part of the SLG Service that SLG does not specifically authorize you to modify.
- Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an SLG Service.
- Use or distribute counterfeit software or SLG Content.
- Attempt to use an SLG Service on or through any service that is not controlled or authorized by SLG.
- Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your SLG Account, any personal access to SLG Services, or any SLG Content associated with your SLG Account, either within an SLG Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by SLG.
- Use an SLG Service in a country in which SLG is prohibited from offering such services under applicable export control laws.
- If an SLG Service requires you to create a "user name" or a "persona" to represent you in game and online, you should not use your real name and may not use a user name or persona that is used by someone else or that SLG determines is vulgar or offensive or violates someone else's rights.
- Engage in any other activity that significantly disturbs the peaceful, fair and respectful gaming environment of an SLG Service.
- Promote, encourage or take part in any prohibited activity described above.
- Harm children in any way.
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass other users.
- Collect or store personal data about other users.
- Carry out any unlawful act, not otherwise specifically referred to.
If you or someone using your SLG Account violates these rules, SLG may take action against you, including revoking access to certain or all SLG Services, Content or Entitlements, or terminating your SLG Account. SLG may take these actions without issuing a prior warning. Some examples of violations include, but are not limited to: promoting, encouraging or engaging in hacking, selling SLG accounts or entitlements (including virtual currencies and items) without SLG’s permission, extreme harassment, or threatening illegal activities. When practical, SLG will notify you of the action it will take in response to violations of these rules or breach of this Agreement. Specific SLG Services may post additional rules that apply to your conduct on those services.
If you encounter another user who is violating any of these rules, please report this activity to SLG using the "Help" or "Report Abuse" functions in the relevant SLG Service, if available, or contact Customer Support or a Moderator. SLG may, in its discretion, monitor or record online activity or Content on SLG Services and may remove any Content from any SLG Service at its discretion. Remember that your communications and your UGC in an SLG Service are public and will be seen by others.
6. Management of ContentYou acknowledge that SLG does not pre-screen Content, but that SLG and its servants or agents shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to move or delete any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, SLG and its servants or agents shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable.
You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by SLG or available via the Service.
You acknowledge and agree that SLG may preserve Content and may also disclose Content: (a) for the purpose of providing the Service to the Gamers and so as to ensure compliance with the standard operating procedures of SLG or its affiliated companies, and/or (b) if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that any such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (c) comply with legal process; (d) enforce the TOS; (e) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (f) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of SLG its users and the public.
You grant SLG permission to run manual and/or automatic systems, at its absolute discretion, to determine compliance with and to enforce the TOS and accept that this limited access to and monitoring of your computer is warranted and lawful.
You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. SLG reserves the right to terminate your access to some or all parts of its Service if you withdraw your consent in this paragraph at any time.
7. Intellectual Property Rights of OthersIf you are aware that the intellectual property rights of others or your own intellectual property rights are being or have been infringed on the Service, you agree to immediately provide SLG with:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.
8. IndemnityYou agree to indemnify and hold SLG and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders and other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post to or transmit through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
9. No Resale of ServiceYou agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
10. General Practices Regarding UseYou acknowledge that SLG may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum number of times and the maximum duration for which you may access the Service in a given period of time. You further acknowledge that SLG reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
11. Modifications to ServiceSLG reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that SLG shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
12. TerminationYou agree that SLG in its sole discretion, may terminate your account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, if SLG believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. SLG may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this TOS may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that SLG may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. Further, you agree that SLG shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
13. Dealings with Event Sponsors and Other MerchantsSLG may enter into agreements with others (“Event Sponsors”) to provide goods and/or services to the Gamers either in conjunction with or to augment the Service or Software.
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of Event Sponsors, (or other merchants contacted via the Service) including payment for and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the Event Sponsors (or another merchant).
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that: (a) SLG shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such Event Sponsors and merchants on the Service, and (b) any orders placed by you on, and any product specifications and product availability appearing on, the Service are subject to confirmation by, and the terms and conditions of business of, the relevant Merchant.
14. Proprietary RightsYou acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service (“Software”) contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in the Event Sponsors advertisements or information presented to you through the Service is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by SLG or its advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part.
SLG grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software on a single computer; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. The foregoing is subject to applicable statute and other express law.
You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software.
15. DisclaimersYou expressly acknowledge and agree that:
Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law SLG disclaims all warranties, conditions and other terms of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to any implied term of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, and any term as to the provision of services to a standard of reasonable care and skill or as to non-infringement of any intellectual property right.
SLG makes no warranty or representation that (i) the service will meet your requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the software will be corrected.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from SLG through or from the service shall create any warranty or other obligation not expressly stated in the TOS.
16. Limitation of LiabilityYou expressly acknowledge and agree that to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law SLG shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if SLG has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (v) any other matter relating to the service.
Nothing in these TOS shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer, exclude, or restrict SLG liability arising from fraud or other criminal action or exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of SLG.
17. General InformationThese TOS (including the guides and rules referred to herein) constitute the entire agreement between you and SLG and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and SLG You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software. The TOS and the relationship between you and SLGs shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington. You and SLG agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Washington state and federal courts having within their jurisdiction the location of SLG’s principal corporate place of business. Any failure by SLG to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect.
The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
18. ViolationsPlease report any violations of the TOS to SLG via post, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or any SLG Staff or Moderator.
SLG retains the right to remove a user's access.
19. COPPA: Children’s Online Privacy Protection ActIn compliance with the Childrens’ Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) we do not collect Personal Identification Information from any individual under age 13 without parental consent. We do not solicit or want Personal Identification Information from any minor children under age 18. We do not collect Personal Identification Information from any individual students without parental consent. We do store student chat logs only for teacher review.