The big question with any Insurgency – who’s it for? For ‘the people’, that nebulous concept underlying the promises of kings and tyrants? Against the foreign devil? Or is Insurgency for folk who find Counter-Strike too arcadey, ArmA too serious, and want something that’s a bit like Red Orchestra but is not Red Orchestra?
Eternal questions like this are addressed below.> (more…)
- New Security VIP character.
- VIP now supported on Siege and Contact (fixed map script issues).
- Outpost gameplay and bot tweaks so the difficulty scales better.
- Fixed an exploit where players could lean while walking to be completely silent.
- Fixed some strange behavior in spawn protection calculation.
- Hunt now determines how many bots to spawn based on how many human players there are.
- New smoke grenade particle.
- Impact FX were tweaked so muzzle smoke is no longer over exaggerated.
Map and Game Mode Improvements
- Updated Ministry (VIP), Market (Coop) and Heights (Coop).
- VIP and Push now switch teams half way through playing a map.
- Push has been modified to consist of 5 minute start time with 5 waves for attackers and 15 waves for defenders. Each additional capture adds 5 waves for attacking team and 5 minutes to the timer.
- Checkpoint bot count now scales appropriately based on how many people are playing.
- Outpost games are now fixed to 5 rounds.
Other Important Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed potential crash where we were going over the limit of player class templates.
- Friendly VIP location is now displayed on the HUD at all times.
- VIP is now displayed in red on the map overview and HUD.
- Moving in crouched ADS is now silent.
- Footstep levels/volumes have been adjusted all around.
- New particle effects for weapon smoke and concrete bullet impacts.
- Updated player model blood decals.
- Fixed corrupt overview materials.
- Adjusted nextbot attack spread.
- Players do slightly more damage to teammates when mp_friendlyfire is enabled (default mp_friendlyfire_damage changed from 0.35 to 0.50).
- Freeze time at the start of a round is now set to 15 by default.
- Player speed is no longer reduced when in a restricted area. Player still may not shoot or sprint.