V 1.13 Added Features • Added hard difficulty level as option on game start. Modifies enemy strength, income and starting funds. • Added tactical mode as option on game start. - Enemies have to be revealed via line of sight in tactical mode. - Sound sources are marked in tactical view as well as on the minimap • Added two new achievements for tactical mode and higher difficulty. • Added option to level recruited militia up via the location UI on the world map. • Added options to distribute militia via location UI (evenly across all combat zones, focused on a single combat zone) • Added sector inventory, accessible via Character Detail Screen - Always accessible in friendly sectors - Automatically includes all containers that have been opened and all enemy drops that have been spotted by the player - Accessible for militia recruitment and trading with NPCs • Added item exchange via Drag & Drop in Character Details Screen. Illegible mercs are marked red. • Within hostile sectors mercs need to be within 5m distance to be able to exchange items. • Stamina is reduced when returning to the strategic map when squads travelled great distances in the tactical view • Current ammo saved for each weapon, weapons are unloaded when being handed over to militia. • Militia will hand weapons back unloaded to prevent players cheating ammo via the militia equip screen • NPC Traders restock their inventory over time (rules can be modified via characters.txt) • Targeting line indicates best range of weapon and chance to hit via color from green (good) to red (bad) • Camera scrolling possible by moving the cursor to the border of the screen in fullscreen mode • Added Sound FX for melee attacks • Putting away a fire arm for non-combat actions (e.g. heal) will no longer reset the firemode of the weapon • Added scrollbar in mail list window • Added trash can icon to delete mail to mail window Bug Fixes • Fixed some exploits that allowed to duplicate items via item exchange • Fixed bugs in squad selection via list on world map • Fixed regeneration of HP on world map, HP lost due to wounds takes longer to regenerate • Added missing text for Raiders hiring dialogue • Fixed Blood not liking Magic due to a typo • Fixed MP53 weapon type not being specified • Fixed Deidrannas sending of troops based on the players income becoming less likely • Fixed orientation of 66mm rocket shot from LAW • Fixed issue when player receives several items of the as quest reward and has not enough space in inventory to hold all of them • Fixed crash in tutorial • Fixed several mercs that move as a group changing positions after reaching their destination if one of them with active guard mode receives a new goto order • Fixed guard mode would prevent mercs from letting other mercs pass them • Fixed mail list not being cleared when starting a new game • Fixed item swap to player inventory for stacked items on rightclick and by "loot all"-button • Fixed bug in loner trait • Fixed bug in tough trait • Added slight offset to grenade explosions to prevent explosions inside ground to prevent grenades damage to be reduced by terrain • Changes to terrain to prevent grenades from falling through ground on machines with low frame rates • Fixed explosions not destroying armor correctly Balancing Changes and Tweaks • Added grenade launcher ammo to containers in some locations in the world • Added grenade launcher ammo to the stock of some local traders • Slightly decreased accuracy of snipers when prone • Tweaked enemy attributes to adjust aim time in combat • Tweaked enemy perception to accommodate introduction of Line of Sight • Enemies drop the amount of ammo they have left in their weapon • Enemy area defenders swap random positions to make the game less predictable in tactical mode (interval can be modified via templatesAIdescription.txt) • Reduced chance of friendly fire between enemies • State of tanks is stored outside of levels • Destroyed tanks only respawn if the location still belongs to the enemy after 24 hours • Location of Limited Edition DaHonko Flakes is now randomized • NPC traders item list is sorted by item type • Tweaks and improvements to pathfinding and navmesh calculation, mercs should not slow down in narrow passages anymore • Tweaked damage done to vehicles by explosives making tanks harder to destroy with grenades alone Localization • Polish language files added • Added missing texts for French • Added polish translation for game launcher
Announcement: -The second Leaderboard Challenge has begun! Embark upon a Deep Space Mission with the initial difficulty cranked to MAX. How long can you last when the speed is intense and the challenge is unrelenting? Compete against Waveforms worldwide community until 11:59 PST on Sunday, May 6 and place in the top 5 to win a free Steam copy of the indie game Capsized
Bug fixes: -Fixed a problem on older ATI graphics cards that had slow implementations for rendering to a texture. This caused the screen to remain black and the game to become unresponsive when entering a level -Fixed the awarding of end of level bonuses on Sun 6 -Improved load times for Deep Space Mode -Removed blocking loads on the Leaderboard Screen -Fixed the functionality of Prisms in New Game+ levels that had the Flux bonus type applied -Made sure cursor images werent hidden when returning to the menu from a level -Fixed strange behaviour of Asteroids on Mars 6 at certain screen resolutions
* Added user controls and resolution customization dialog * Switched two commentary lines in City Hall to prevent spoilers * Fixed collision issues: - book case in second room of Museum Archives - junk stack in first Junkyard boss room * Fixed restricted section and park map node potentially being able to be unlocked early * Fixed typos with hint dialogue, and look at in City Hall
- When you press the claim of a vassal ruler, he should now remain your vassal - Kingdoms that are not previously de jure part of an empire can now also be assimilated - AI: Fixed an issue with calling allies into single wars - Fixed an issue with the regency events - Fixed numerous typos in the database and event files - AI: Fixed a bug with rulers being able to nominate dead children to titles, if not of their own dynasty
Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 12.4 Windows release includes:
Windows XP support for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series - In addition to Windows 7 and Windows Vista support, Catalyst 12.4 now also introduces Windows XP (64-bit/32-bit) support for the AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing: Level of Detail (LOD) Image Quality enhancements - Supported on the AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series - LOD Image quality enhancements have been improved when enabling Super Sample Anti-Aliasing and Adaptive Anti-Aliasing through the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center for DirectX® 10 and DirectX® 11 applications. - Applications must support in game Anti-Aliasing for the feature to work (Forced on Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center is not supported for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications) Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA): Significant performance enhancements - Supported on the AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series, AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series, and AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series - MLAA now operates up to 80% faster than previous versions Texture filtering quality improvements - Supported on the AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series - Improvements have been made to the texture filtering algorithm (for both DirectX9 and DirectX10/DirectX11 applications) to increase the quality of rendered textures, with no impact to performance
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 12.4 software suite for Windows 7. These include: - Elder Scrolls: Skyrim : no longer hangs on single GPU configurations when used with AMD Catalyst 12.3 CAP1 and later CAP releases - Elder Scolls: Skyrim : flickering square corruption is no longer observed. - Rage : Vsync is no longer disabled after task switching. - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars : no longer crashes when launched in High Performance Mode. - Stalker Call of Pripyat : flickering is no longer observed in trees with specific Catalyst Control Center settings. - Tom Clancy HAWX 2 : no longer crashes on game launch. - Windows Media Center: no longer crashes when run in Eyefinity mode and High Performance mode settings. - AMD Steady Video: an error message is no longer displayed when enabling AMD Steady Video for the Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 plugin. - Duplicating displays no longer generates random corruption. - Tearing is no longer observed on the third screen in 3x1 and 1x3 Eyefinity configurations. - A system crash is no longer experienced when enabling Crossfire in a 4 display configuration. - The advanced video quality settings are now correctly displayed in the Catalyst Control Center.
Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 12.4 software suite for Windows Vista. These include: - The Catalyst Control Center now renders correctly when launched while playing a Bluray disc using WinDVD.
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 12.4 software suite for Windows XP. These include: - Dirt 3 : a system hang is no longer experienced when running game at maximum in game settings. - Dragon Age 2 : visual corruption is no longer observed.
Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:
- Blocky video corruption may be observed while using Windows Media Player to playback HD WMV content. - The Catalyst Control Center may experience random crashes in specific configurations. - A green screen may be triggered when playing back Flash content using Google Chrome and Firefox. - The Unigine Tropics demo may experience random crashes when run with shaders=low and Vsync enabled.
Known issues under the Windows Vista operating system
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:
- Cyberlink PowerDVD may crash when enabling BOB de-interlace mode. Known issues under the Windows XP operating system The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows XP operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:
- The system may fail to resume from sleep/hibernate mode is some configurations.
Gameplay: • Fixed an issue in the weapon recoil system which caused tighter shot grouping than intended. • Dead players no longer can see bomb or defuse icons on scoreboard for opposing team members. • Recoil impulses are now more consistent for automatic weapons. • The Movement acceleration and stopspeed values have been lowered per pro feedback. • Slightly increased the variance of the recoil patterns. Updated the recoil pattern for the ak47. • Adjusted the recoil suppression parameters to help tune burst fire. • Fixed an issue which was causing thrown weapons to emit from the base of players, rather than their hands. Gifted weapons will now correctly throw the proper distance.
UI: • Hooked up the win panel for arsenal mode to put emphasis on the winner and runners up. • The next weapon text in AR now displays appropriate text for the mode and state. • Fixed the alert for when you reach gold knife level showing up when anyone reached it. • When you get a point for an assist, it shows in the death message.
Maps: • New SE version of Aztec with no fog/particles/debris/ropes (except the bridge)
• Dust_SE Added correct skybox to the map properties.
• Shoots Turned down local-contrast settings. Fixed a strange clip on stairway. Fixed lighting on the dark hut in the Middle area. Fixed a few visual issues with the huts, and thinned out some of the thatch roof.
• Dust Adjusted size of buy zones for both CT and Ts.
• Shorttrain Adjusted local contrast settings on post process controller. Adjusted tonemap settings.
• Inferno Added smoothing normals to prop bombtanks used in Inferno level. Fix for incorrect bombsite designation text when standing on the blue truck.
• St Marc Turned down local-contrast settings. Adjusted bloomscale Fixed signage typo changed from route barée to route barrée
• Safehouse Turned down local-contrast settings. Adjusted bloomscale Upped resolution on a prop, removed label that looks blurry.
• Italy Updated some very shiny planters.
• Aztec Fixed floating leaf in tree alpha texture. Reduced specular on tarp roof. Fix for objects disappearing from skyline based on camera position near double doors. Fix for the collision of the crates near bombsite B. Fixed the collision of the scaffolding at Water below bombsite B. Improved the texture on the metal bars at Water below T Ramp. Can no longer climb the scaffolding at bombsite B. Can no longer walk to the far side of T Ramp. Can no longer access platform next to Bridge.
• Dust 2 Expanded and moved both the CT a T buy and spawn zones in radar image.
• Bank Turned down local-contrast settings.
• Baggage Turned down local-contrast settings. Adjusted bloomscale
• Lake Turned down local-contrast settings. Adjusted bloomscale
Models: • Fixed clipping issue on Terrorist skin with head wrap. • Fix for Sawed-off where bolt was sticking through the back of the housing during fire and reload animations.
Audio: • Trimmed up ambient content for Nuke, Bank, Train and Sugarcane and made adjustments to the script in Bank (balancing levels and adding some light breeze to match the trees) and a few updated references in Nuke, Train and Sugarcane. • Dust ambient optimization. • Shoots ambient optimizations • Lake and Safehouse ambient optimizations. • Italy ambient optimizations. Fixed a doorway where a player could move outdoors and still have the indoors ambience. • Baggage ambient revision and optimization.
Effects: • Snow effects have been greatly optimized. Snow in Office runs 7x faster than before.
Bug Fixes: • Fixed crash when in the Buy menu, then voted yes to change maps. • Fixed noticeable double round start in Arms Race when the first player entered the server/game. • Fixed shadows being cast by vgui screens ( mainly the bomb plant numbers in game ). • Fix for a bug where dropping the Famas in certain points in de_dust would cause the weapon to sink into the ground.
Miscellaneous: • Relaxing the supported video card checks: Display an error and exit if the card doesnt support shader model 3, bilinear PCF sampling, or cascaded shadow mapping. (No cards are actually marked as not supporting CSM in CS:GO.) So our minimal GPU is now the NVidia 6xxx series (2005), or ATI HD 2xxx (2006) or better.)
Updates to Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
Fixed a problem that allowed malicious clients to disable the "ping" and "status" commands for other connected clients
Team Fortress 2
Added The Toss-Proof Towel
Fixed a bug that caused many avatar images to not show up in the scoreboard
Fixed the Sharpened Volcano Fragment not igniting players
Fixed damage to buildings applying on-hit effects such as the Übersaw charge
Fixed Sticky Jumper stickybombs changing team when air-blasted
Fixed large floating point values getting truncated in WebAPI responses
sǝlıℲ uoıʇɐʇɐzılɐɔo˥ pǝʇɐpd∩
Added SetForcedTauntCam player input for map makers to place the player into third-person
Bug Fixes - Fixed that destructible scene props didn't refill their health after a round is over client side - Fixed the huge lag spike at end of a siege or battle round - Map placed artillery pieces limbered by a player no longer disappear the next round - Remade the collision mesh for the barrels - Non-dedicated servers now show up on the server list - Fixed an issue that caused occasional lag spikes in siege mode - Made player selection for admin tools work on non-dedicated servers - Fixed teleport scripts not working sometimes - Fixed a crash when opening the pioneer build window when using French localisation - Fixed that doors in siege mode had much too low health at map start - Fixed a bug that allowed doors to be destroyed multiple times - Destroyed doors can no longer be opened or closed - Fixed an issue that caused no hit sounds or particles to be generated from the first cannonball hit against certain house walls - Fixed that when changing checkboxes in the admin panel the screen would not fully update - When spawning with cannons is enabled but spawn with rockets is disabled you are now able to choose your cannon type - Fixed that in siege your defender lives didn't drop client side when you died - Fixed a bug where riflemen/cavalry class limits wouldn't let people join a regiment if 100% of the team's skirmishers/cavalry was in that regiment - Prussian Hussars are no longer better than the hussars of other factions in Commander Battle
Performance - Cannons and rockets that are player spawned are automatically removed after they are not used for 4 minutes in respawn modes, to limit the amount of cannons and rockets in the map for performance reasons - Improved performance on server to client network data for explosions - Improved performance on cannon aiming scripts - Now (hopefully) really fixed performance issues with bonuses
Game Balance - Default rocket limit is now 5% of the team instead of 10% - Cuirassiers now have additional body armour and same health as everyone else - Increased sword skill slightly for all sword cavalry - Decreased the weight of all flags to make flag bearers move faster
Features - Added a new dedicated server command: max_num_bots #set the max number of total bots the server is allowed to spawn (50-500) to allow less powerful servers to run commander battles without problems. Also changeable in the Admin Panel. - Added two new siege maps: Fort Lyon and Fort Boyd - Added Intern-admin chat that is only visible to admins. Colour is pink.
General Changes - Added the missing backpack bottle to the Russian Foot Guard - Admin tools such as Slay, Freeze and Beacon now only show alive players - Replaced the Japanese "Rising sun" flag with the regular Japanese flag - Re-organised the Admin Panel to have the less used things at the end - Redone the French translation to be more French - Updated various maps to fix some issues
- Overtaking chance increased - When a car is taking a Pit Stop, there shouldn't be a traffic jam anymore - Player cars should not encounter random car failures anymore - Fixed a bug that allowed too many fan merchandise to be sold - When a save file is overwritten, the previous save name will be updated - When you save a game, the time of the save is now included - The weather doesn't change quite so often anymore - Requirements of junior pilot is not 0 anymore - Fixed a bug that allowed time to pass too quickly during Training and Qualifications - Race speed can now be set twice higher - You may now deactivate the Tutorial messages in the Options Menu - You may now order up to 3000 fan merchandise - Fixed a bug that could crash the game when you would delete emails from the trash basket - Some issues in the Race monitor display were fixed - A button was added in the Vehicle Setup menu to dismount all equipped components - A button was added in the Vehicle Setup menu to dismount and recycle all equipped components - Hockenheim now has a Full throttle ratio of 64% - Chances to see new available employees in the Job Market are now 33% higher - Fixed a bug that would not use the correct Engine settings & Maximum revolutions settings during the race - Lap times increased - Fixed a bug that would allow access to Vehicle Setup on a Race day - On Training day, you may use as many tire setups as you want, to try and find the best Setup for the track - Widgets are now sorted by active & "game loaded" - Improved AI behavior in Training & Qualifications - During a race, you may now see the tires used by the AI in the Pit Stop - A warning will start blinking right over the Driver info when there are less than 20 liters left in the gas tank - During the race, "Dropped out" will also indicate the reason of the drop out - A warning will start blinking right over the Driver info when the tires condition is less than 20% - You may now access High Scores in the Main Menu - Performances improved during Training, Qualifications & during races - Fixed a bug that would incorrectly take cars into account during a race, if the race would start too quickly - Added fuel GFX to „Pit Stop menu - Players can now see the currently equipped items in the production, autosetup and supplier menus - Lighting in races is now adjusted to the weather - Players can now set an order quantity in the supplier menu - Fixed a critical bug - Players can now set a production quantity in the production menu - Fixed minor localization bugs in all languages - Added window mode (accessible via the options menu) - Various minor improvements