[ NOTABLE ] - Nerfed the Deagle. - Added a feature to spectate friends games via GOTV.   -In 'Play With Friends,' if a friend is on an official matchmaking server the WATCH option will appear next to their name. - DM immunity changes:   -Default immunity was raised to 10s.   -Moving cancels immunity.
[ MISC ] - Fixed dedicated server memory leak. - Reserved server with connected GOTV spectators will hold reservation after all players disconnected for at least TV delay time to allow spectators to watch the match to the end. - Added convar sv_hibernate_punt_tv_clients to also punt lingering TV spectators after all players disconnected and at least TV delay time elapsed. tv_snapshotrate will now correctly adjust client-side rates automatically for smooth spectating experience. - Added convar tv_relayradio, 0 = off, 1 = relay team radio commands to GOTV (default value = 0). - Added convar tv_relaytextchat, 0 = off, 1 = relay "say" chat only, 2 = relay "say" and "say_team" chat to GOTV (default value = 1). - Team kills and team damage is now preserved for players in competitive games across disconnects and reconnects. - Fixed a regression in naming of tv_autorecord demo files.
[ MAJOR CHANGES ] - A new game mode has been added to matchmaking and offline play: Deathmatch. - Weapon balance and recoil were adjusted with pro community input ( Thanks to J3Di, NiP, VeryGames, ESC, 4NOT, mTw, and FM TOXiC ) - In addition to global changes that affect all weapons, specific adjustments have been made to: rifles, pistols, and the P90. - Weapon purchasing changes: - The AWP's kill reward was increased from $50 to $100. - The Glock is now a Terrorist only weapon. - The FiveseveN is now a CT only weapon. - The Terrorists' molotov price has been reduced to $500. The CT's incendiary grenade remains $850. - Note that the pistol arrangement has changed in the buymenu.
- The messaging system has been converted to protobuf. - Demos recorded with previous versions of CS:GO will not be compatible as of this update. In order to view old demos, set your 'beta' to 'demo_viewer' in the CS:GO betas property panel, in Steam. Don't forget to set it back to 'NONE' when you want to play online again. - If you are running SourceMod on your server, you will need to update to the latest version. For details, see: http://www.sourcemod.net/index.php
[ MINOR CHANGES ] - Added some performance improvements for low-end clients. - Fixed some fence materials that were allowing players to see through smoke grenades. - GOTV spectator UI will now correctly show kevlar and helmet information for players. - Avatars will now correctly load for all players when connected to a GOTV server or when watching a demo. - Added support to notify players during servers maintenance downtime. - Fixed a dedicated server exploit where community dedicated servers could masquerade as official and get players searching for official game modes connected to them (saigns.de) - Fixed a rare problem when clients matchmaking for Classic Competitive game could be stuck on green Accept screen - Fixed a rare problem when clients could connect to a Classic Competitive game and then later be disconnected for failing to accept the match. - Improved algorithm pinging whitelisted dedicated servers when searching for Classic Competitive games, pinging less addresses fixes occasional problems for some customers where address translation tables on their routers would fill up and their routers would fail to route required packets to display the green Accept screen. - Added support for mm_dedicated_search_maxping to restrict client's ping when matchmaking for Classic Competitive games. ( Matchmaking algorithm will still be prioritizing best servers to minimize ping of all party members. ) - Fixed a rare server crash when bots attempted to shoot the bomb defuser. - Fixed a client crash when downloading a lot of custom assets from community servers.
[ NOTES TO MAPMAKERS ] - DEATHMATCH: - Deathmatch uses the nav mesh to create spawn points. Make sure that your nav is contained within the bounds of your map to ensure that players aren't spawned outside of it. Use map_showspawnpoints to see where spawn points were generated. - If you want to use mapper-placed spawnpoints instead of the randomly generated ones, place an info_map_parameters in your map and set usenormalspawnsfordm ("Use Normal Spawns in Deathmatch?) to true. - WORKSHOP: - We're launching the private beta for workshop maps. If you're a map maker, mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Map Workshop Beta" and your steam id in the content, with a link to maps shipped ( or maps in progress ) suitable for the Workshop.
- Please use the CSGO SDK list for discussions about Deathmatch and Workshop.
- Added Server Report panel. Player can use this panel to report server for things such as inappropriate content and bad performance etc.. This menu is accessible from the Pause Menu. - Improved competitive matchmaking algorithm to further reduce wait times. - Fixed 'rebuy previous' not working after the first round of rebuying. - Spawn points are now randomized every round. - Whitelisted con_filter convars for debugging. - Fixed damage taken and given not being fully reset in modes that aren't round-based. - Changing mp_warmuptime takes effect immediately. - Added concommands mp_warmup_start and mp_warmup_end, which restart and early terminate warmup, respectively. - Fixed exploit where cl_interp restrictions could be bypassed. - Alias command no longer allows aliasing over existing convars and concommands. - Fixed rare case of maps not matching requested game mode on dedicated servers - The client-side headshot feedback sound no longer plays for the local client when damaging another player in the head with a grenade explosion or when shooting them in the head through another surface (penetration) - Slightly reduced the client-side headshot feedback sound volume (spatialized sound is unaffected) - Fixed nameplate flicker in free cam mode during demo playback. - Fixed wall penetration on Linux dedicated servers - Fixed exploit where grenade projectiles were used to boost teammates. - Fixed a very rare server crash when firing a weapon. - Improved the error message shown when finding a game fails to locate an acceptable dedicated game server formerly reported as DS. - Improved memory management on servers with GOTV enabled. - Changed holiday cheer level to match CS1.6.
[ MISC ] * Added the ability to commend and report players from the player details view that can be accessed in the scoreboard. * Number of competitive wins, and unique commendations are now shown in the main menu along with skill group. * Competitive scoreboard will show number of competitive wins needed to display your skill group if you have not displayed it yet. * Fixed movement on ladders ignoring the walk button. Now climbing ladders while holding walk is slow and silent, which fixes previous exploit of being able to climb ladders at fullspeed without making sound. * Fixed failure to fire after weapon switching away from a reload and back (fake-reloading). * Whitelisted tv_password convar to set GOTV password. * Reduced fps in main menu when not connected to a server from 300 fps to 120 fps to help with laptops and desktop video cards doing excessive work. Exposed fps_max_menu convar to control fps in main menu. * Added one more minute of grace period for players to reconnect to their competitive match before a cooldown for failing to reconnect is assigned. Cooldown for failing to reconnect is now assigned after player has remained disconnected for at least 4 minutes, not counting the round of disconnection and not counting the round in which 4 minutes grace period elapses. * Fixed Hammer crash on exit. * Added some holiday cheer.
[ GAMEPLAY ]  -Merged elements of Volcano's DE_NUKE_VE map into standard DE_NUKE.  -In the main menus, replaced mapgroup carousel with a map picker. Players can now select which maps they want to match-make into.  -Maps in map picker show expected wait time.
[ MISC ]  -Improved performance in CPU-bound cases.  -Fixed missing ladder sound when moving at full speed on ladders.  -Added support for muting microphone in play with friends lobby.  -Fixed cases where spectator UI wouldn't appear during GOTV demo playback.  -Fix for crash caused by extinguished fire.  -ESC key now closes Server Browser dialog.  -Made CHudMenu have input priority over Scaleform.  -Reduced default vgui font size for resolutions >1600.  -Whitelisted mp_match_restart_delay.  -Limiting physics timestep to 64 to eliminate high tickrate physics bugs, such as bouncing guns.  -Server no longer creates physics objects for players to reduce server cpu load. To re-enable, set cs_enable_player_physics_box to '1'.
* Added support for using '?' instead of ':' in the 'connect' concommand so we can create URL links that connect to GOTV. * Fixed case where walking on stairs generated footsteps on the client but not on the server. * Fixed damage taken console report not reporting damage taken. * The spectator UI player bars and the ammo panel will now show individual player kills for the round. * In the buy menu, FIREPOWER now reflects raw weapon DAMAGE. * The value for the 'rate' convar is no longer read from Steam registry settings. * Fixed buy menu showing the wrong values for weapon armor penetration. * Kick/bans for tk'ing and team damaging are now controlled by mp_autokick. * Fixed part of the headshot particle effect drawing through walls. * Fixed radar and overview showing enemy icons for decoys indefinitely. * Number of GOTV viewers is now correctly calculated and networked through the chain of GOTV relays. * Fixed hearing a headshot sound when an enemy is burning from your molly/incgren fire.
- In addition to TKing, you can now be kicked/banned in two different ways for team hurting:   - For doing an unusual amount of damage in a short amount of time.   - For doing an excessive amount of team damage over the course of the match. - Partial inferno extinguishing now properly puts out flamelets. - Molly/Inc Grenade fire now goes out slightly faster when extinguished and updated the overall effects a bit. - Fixed an edge case where the alerts panel would show on round start for a frame. - Changed default tv_delay to 10s. - Changed default tv_delaymapchange to 1. This postpones the post-match level change by the tv_delay amount to ensure that the broadcast to GOTV clients is complete. NOTE: Manually quitting the server or changing the level while the broadcast is still ongoing will kill the feed to all GOTV relays and GOTV clients and your spectators will miss the end of the match. It's best to let the system's timer run out on its own or wait for as many seconds as you have tv_delay set for. - Replaced hard-coded 'E' observer use command with '+use' - Tweaked autodirector based on feedback. - Added item purchases to server log. - Decoy grenade changes   - Reduced price to $50.   - Reduced fire rate and extended life span to make it less identifiable as a decoy.   - Physically looks more like a flashbang to allow fakes. - Fixed assists displaying the assister's name twice in the server log. - Reduced default value of sv_clockcorrection_msecs to 30 and whitelisted the convar (thanks J3di) - Reorganized net_graph options:   - 0: off   - 1: Competitively allowable data.   - 2: Additional In/Out data.   - 3: Additional real-time graphing. - Added net_graph to convars restricted by sv_competitive_minspec ( allowable values are 0 and 1 ) - Valve can now assign official violations cooldown to accounts - Added a game server convar sv_kick_players_with_cooldown (default=1)   - 0: allow all players to play on game server   - 1: kick players with official assigned violation   - 2: kick players with any competitive cooldown
- Eliminated the vignette effect from the scoreboard. - Scoreboard has been narrowed. - Smoke grenade visibility on the edges of smokes has been adjusted to obscure vision less. - Improved some cases of particle sorting between smoke and molotovs and other particle systems. - Adjusted the loser bonus for Terrorists when time has run out. Surviving Terrorists get no income, but dead teammates receive a normal payout. - Removed match start and round end info panel animation sfx.
[ GOTV ] - As a GOTV client spectator, the flangbang effect from first person is now reduced a bit and there is now text that says "(BLINDED)" - Fixed overhead targetIDs not showing sometimes when spectating with XRay mode on. - Added a convar "cl_teamid_overhead_maxdist_spec" that can set the max distance overhead TargetIDs will show up when spectating - Changed player target selection input from hardcoded number keys to keys bound to "slotN" commands. - Changed X-Ray toggle key from hardcoded 'X' to whatever is bound for "radio2", which defaults to 'X'. - Fixed health/armor/ammo of the spectated target not being displayed as a GOTV client. - Made bomb visible in GOTV clients' map overview at all times. - Fixed money not showing up in GOTV scoreboard for either teams. - Fixed flashbang effect flash retriggering when changing spectator target. - Fixed missing winpanel when GOTV spectating. - Revised GOTV autodirector behavior.
[ MISC ] - Repacked content to reduce CS:GO disk usage from 6GB to 4.8GB. - Implemented separate sound for distant grenade explosions to make the distance easier to gauge. Sound crossfades near and distance sound between 800 and 2800 units. - Reduced audible distance of scope zoom. - Fire devices have been modified ( Molotovs and incendiary grenades ):   - Fire can now be extinguished by smoke grenades and deployed smokes now deny fire device detonation and spreading.   - Fire now spreads a bit faster and not quite as far.   - Fire "tagging" slowdown has been removed.   - Adjusted fire armor penetration value. - Fixed Terrorists getting loser bonus payout for running down the clock. Now Terrorists get no income if the round timer runs out. - Armor Penetration is now shown for weapons in the buy menu. - 3rd person and first person default duck speed has been slightly increased. - Tapping the duck key frequently in short intervals will cause your duck to slow, but cools down very fast. - Smoke grenade visibility inside a smoke has been reduced to give less advantage to players inside and more to players outside. - Design changes for Scoreboard   - Added team names to scoreboard.   - Made score more prominent.   - Win banner states are now team specific. - Design change for win panel and alert messages. - Server log changes:   - Added xyz coordinates to messages.   - Added nade messages.   - Added team change messages.   - Added 'assist' messages. - Fixed a case of loss of mouse and keyboard input. - Server browser filter settings are now saved. - Big Picture Support   - Fixed not being able to dismiss server browser dialog with controller.   - Added ability to disable all controllers.
Thanks to the following for input on the balance changes: NiP, Ubinited, Team ALTERNATE, Area51, Mousesports, Anexis, FM.TOXiC, VeryGames, RegnaM.
- GOTV relays now support up to 255 spectators per relay. - Fixed a crash when connecting to a GOTV relay. - Fixed tv_relaypassword. - Added GOTV viewer count to the scoreboard. - Improved highlighting of selected player for spectator. - Fixed call vote panel showing an uninitialized button in some cases.