Eternia Shards DLC * Added Part 1 missions: Mistymire Forest, Portal Defense, LifeStream Hollow Uber MonsterFest (8-player), LifeStream Hollow PvP * Added early-access to "Nightmare" difficulty mode for owners of the 'Eternia Shards Complete Pack' DLC, with Eternia Shard enemies featured, & corresponding level, enemy, spawn layout & boss rebalancings * Added 5 new achievements: Mythical Defender, Portal Protector, Nightmare Portal Protector, Nightmare Eternia Shard Recovered: Purple, Eternia Shard Recovered: Purple * Added new "Mythical" quality-level items, with a level requirement of 74
All Modes * Fixed a GPU memory leak crash involving any mission with Terrain * Possible to sell/buy items with a value above 100 million now. * Added Adjustable Camera Field-Of-View Options slider * Fixed 1-byte Stat overflow bug, and Raised maximum Per-Item Hero/Defense Stat to 360 (not a total cap, just on each individual item, up from 126) * Changed Pet XP earnings to 100% of earned XP, up from 50% * Fixed a Secure-Trade failure bug * Fixed a UMF enemy-stuck area * Added optional damage-red material flash when any object or character takes damage * Raised Level Cap to 74 * DefenderStore.com items will now automatically remove from web listing when sold, dropped, or traded, and will switch between web Shop and web Inventory if moved between in-game Shop and Inventory respectively. * DefenderStore.com listing name will now automatically match in-game shop name * Damage resistance no longer reduces incoming momentum (knockback) from hits * Moved shake-camera and step-towards-target options to the general options panel * Made ALL Missions and Challenges have Leaderboards * Added next/previous page buttons to the Play Statistics UI level list * Nerfed Animus Damage by 33% (retroactive) * Changed Piercing Shot & Piercing Spreadshot cooldown time from 1.25 seconds to 4 seconds * TrendyNet will no longer accept connection from pre-7.13 game versions * Increased non-equipment Stat point cap from 100 to 120
7.12 Update Notes Additions * PvE: Added new 8-player "Über Monster Fest!" challenge mission as part of the 'New Heroes Pack' * All: Players can now to create their own "Hero Shop" with Items they own, set prices on those Items, and then specifically list their game as an "AFK Shop" game. Added button to view the available DefendersStore.com Items along with the active "AFK Shops". * All: Added a "Add to DefendersStore.com" button to the Item Box and Hero Shop, which enables you to post/updates your items to DefendersStore.com directly from within the game! Also the Items automatically remove themselves from DefendersStore.com when they get sold from your shop!
Changes * All: You can now hold "Alt" and click on another Hero Icon in the Hero Selection or Swapping UI to swap those two hero positions, so you can more easily organize your heroes into sets. * All: Score indicator collapses the same-type labels onto each other, so if you kill 100 goblins before the score indicator has caught up, you get a "Killed 100 +100" message rather than 100 goblin kill messages. This makes the score indicator much more useful and timely. * All: Every slower swinging melee weapon now deals proportionally more damage! (as listed on their Damage Stat too). Is retroactive. * All: Raised Mana Bank non-shop earnings Cap to 100,000,000 * PvE: Adept "Instant Upgrade" can now also be used in the Build Phase, useful for time-limited missions, and reduced the cost of "Purity Bomb" to 200 Mana. Also, Instant-Upgrade can be used beyond Upgrade Level 5 to do an Instant Repair, at a high cost of Mana. * PvE: Dark Elf Warrior Damage to Towers reduced by 50%, and their Targeting Desirability to Towers reduced by 40%. * All: Monk Weapons retroactively buffed 33% Melee Damage, Monk Ranged Damage Exponential Ramp nerfed 20%, Monk Hero Boost upkeep cost increased 20%. * All: Redesigned the Adept animations. * All: Upgrading Projectile Speed now has a minimal impact on resale value. * All: All Chicken Pets standardized to 80 Upgrade Levels. * All: Countess "Joust" damage scales better (increased damage stat ramp by 20%), and "Joust" now does scaled Weapon Elemental Damage as well. Countess "Call To Arms" radius raised and ally damage buff ramp increased 15% * All: Definitive Chicken-Pet 33% damage buff.
Fixes * All: Fixed bug where you could get someone else's Tavern dropped items in YOUR Tavern. * All: Keyboard-lockout after naming your game when using a Gamepad is fixed * All: Likely fix for weapon-not-appearing-on-character issue under lossy-network conditions * All: Another Countess "Joust" client issue fixed, * DDDK: Total Conversions can now use custom Materials.
* All: Added 4 New Heroes for play: the Adept, the Countess, the Initiate, and the Ranger * PvE: Added "Warping Core Challenge Pack", and added "The Great Turkey Hunt!" TrendyNet Event & four new corresponding Hero costumes
* All: Increased maximum number of profile Heroes to 16. * All: Magic Staffs Knockback Max Damage Multiplier changes to 1.8 (the same as Magic Bolt Projectiles) rather than 1.5 * All: Upgraded weapons have improved resale value * All: Added Auto-Refire (hold mouse button) For Squire and Monk attacks (both Monk attacks), and Apprentice staffs (hold RMB+LMB to keep auto-refiring, hold just the LMB if you want to Charge). * All: Hero Info UI stat point application can now be combined with the following modifier buttons: RMB removes a point, Shift with LMB/RMB adds/removes 5 points, and Ctrl with LMB/RMB adds/removes all points to a stat. * All: Gamepad users can now set an online game name when they Host * All: Changed Lobby Searches to be Worldwide (still ordered by distance of course). Sorry about that guys, no more region-locking! * All: Fixed one more case of an erroneous VAC failure. * All: Added Linear Upgrade Multiplier for Defense Upgrades -- this will linearly buff the Health and Damage of an Upgraded Defense according the following table (percents are each from the base value): 1st Upgrade +20%, 2nd Upgrade +40%, 3rd Upgrade +60%, 4th Upgrade +80%, 5th Upgrade +100% * All: Chicken Damage buffed by 33% * All: At the Hero Info UI, added on-screen mouse-keyboard combinations for faster level-up point applications and removal, particularly useful when respecing * All: Fixed issue with Gamepad Left Trigger not correctly activating the "Invest All" button on the Equipment Info UI
* PvE: Super-Loot scaling added to all INSANE Challenges * PvE: Shop gets restocked every 5 waves of Survival/Pure-Strat/Mix that you play, with the latest and greatest stuff. * PvE: Super-Loot re-added to Pure Strat & Shop, at their own scaling rates * PvE: Ogre Poison Ball no longer damages Eternia Crystals * PvE: Moved loot tables to scale several waves earlier (better loot earlier on) * PvE: Adding Super-Loot back into PS and Shops, ramp values forthcoming... * PvE: Limited enemy projectile flight-distances to 3000 units, to avoid long-flight stray arrows and projectiles causing game loss * PvE: Buffed Mix Mode Loot Ramp about 20% * PvE: Active (non-retired) Heroes boost boost the Damage output of towers they specifically summoned by 33% (indicated via a Hero Face Icon on the tower's floating HUD) * PvE: Buffed Monk's "Defense Boost" ability Heal-Amount Ramp by 15% * PvE: Removed the Dark Elf Warriors' 3-second Spawn Immunity * PvE: Skeletons will no longer target or damage Eternia Crystals * PvE: Any Hero XP earned is now also automatically applied as Investment in your equipped Pet, though at a 50% conversion rate
* PvP: Changed existing CTF Map to "Hold the Flag", added new CTF map that is 2-flag base-oriented traditional Capture the Flag gameplay.
Dungeon Defenders Development Kit and CTF Pre-Alpha Pass Released Two major Dungeon Defenders releases today have opened up the game up to the community! The first part of this was the release of the pre-Alpha pass for the new, 16-player Dungeon Defenders Capture The Flag mode. Here players can join teams of 8 and fight online with their existing characters. Players can check out this mode in its early state, and provide feedback to Trendy via the forums so they can continue to develop and refine the experience.
Additionally,the Dungeon Defenders Development Kit has been released. This is one of the most robust modding toolsets ever, allowing players to create their own mods and total conversions, as well as seamlessly matchmaking and transfering through Dungeon Defenders' built-in online matchmaking. This kit contains full access to all of Dungeon Defenders' source code and art assets, including source for the new "First Person Defenders" mod which allows players to experience the entire game as a FPS and the new, 16-player Capture The Flag Pre-Alpha, which will allow modders to get a head-start on creating exciting large-scale multiplayer modes for Dungeon Defenders!
* Fixed return-to-tavern crash / map-transition crash * Fixed issue where Costumes would sometimes not be unlocked when completing Halloween Spooktacular!
* Fixed glitch where you could get "Unlocked New Mission / Costume" messages on every startup unless you did a local save
* Kobolds should no longer ever phase through blockades
* Raised cap on Monk weapon Ranged Damage stat per upgrade to 85
* Added Insta-Invest button to immediately dump in as much Mana as you can for the next Upgrade level
* Fixed bug where User Interface debug info could appear on-screen by pressing some obscure key combination
* Chain Lightning Tower now immediately retargets to new enemies after killing an enemy. Also its Attack Duration Ramp has been increased by 40%, now you get much longer-hitting lighting towers, and Lightning Tower AOE including max number of chains increased by 10%, and its Max Chain Length increased by 33%
* Uber-Chicken Pet's Damage now scales with Hero Damage and has a reasonable impact AoE, making it a fantastic boast-worthy reward for any Legendary Defender
* Fixed issue where DarkBot and Spanky pets weren't counting towards the "Gotta Catch Em All!" Achievement. If you already have those Pets, with this update you will simply need to drop those Pets from your Item Box or Hero, and pick them up or store them again, in order to have them count towards the Achievement.
* Fixed Ogres occasionally getting stuck in creep rooms on Glitterhelm
* Chicken Pet can no longer have poor number of upgrade levels
* Added simplified Monk Auras for low-quality graphics modes
* Enabled Guardians to boost multiple nearby Defenses! This is a new, upgradeable stat on all Guardians (only upgrades once every 10 levels so you need to be packing a high-level Guardian to get the most out of it). Increased Guardian boost-amount exponents by 100% so their Boost-stat value will have more of an effect as well. Enjoy it, it makes Guardians an incredibly powerful buff especially when used in team groupings!
* Auto-lock items picked up from tavern floors
* Reduced enemy ramp by over 60% for Survival Enemies (so a much quicker affair now), but now the Survival/Pure-Strat difficulty ramp vastly increased once you get past Wave 10. Moved Giraffe Pet earning to Wave 25 survival.
7.06 Update Bug fixes / Feature Additions: * Rebalanced/redesigned Spooktacular spawns and added Leaderboard & Stats collection - Thanks Tsuda! * Made Spooktacular skins unlockable by beating Spooktacular on hard (per hero class), though second set of weapons remain Insane-only * Fixed various Spooktacular mission bugs * Fixed chatbox getting stuck during level transitions * Make costume unlock requirements clear in the costume selection * Allowed mission unlocking/downloads at the mission selection screen * Reduced self-heal mana cost ramp (cheaper to heal at high HP's now) * Added "Drop All Mana" key, default "M" key, and keybinding added to configuration tool * Fixed problem with Familiar attack rate being effectively capped (there was indeed a bug with this), and renamed the Familiar Attack Rate stat to "Attack Speed Bonus". Now high-Attack-Rate familars are way, way, way more effective. * Made practice dummies average DPS over 5 seconds for a more accurate reading * Fixed potential double-upgrade bug with superfast mouseclicks * Moved bonus-item crates back into the main section of the Halloween Tavern, out from the Secret Room * Added Pause menu option to "Hide Game", which delists the game and prevents anyone else from joining it. Useful for turning public match into a private match, or making a private match totally unjoinable even by your friends. * Fixed bug in algorithm to determine gear stat allocations, that was making high-end gear less likely to have Defense Damage and Defense AoE stats. * Removed Non-Infinite Build Time Option for Easy, Medium, Hard * Fixed bug where Squire would turn around when entering block in Chase Cam * Pets will now attack one of the Practice Dummies in the Tavern so you can check your Pet DPS * Added button (Default "G") to remote-activate your Eternia Crystal so you can begin the Combat phase from wherever you are
Balancing Changes: * Made Genie pet's "Grant Mana Bonus" upgradeable, and made him grant more Mana proportionate to how much its "Grant Mana Bonus" is upgraded * Nerfed Spooktacular "Van Wolfstein" weapon about 40%, and Huntress Ability 'Piercing Shot' about 30% * Increased speed of Apprentice Staff "knockback" animation by 40%, and increased its maximum (fully charged) damage output by 50% * Nerfed Bowling Ball & Harpoon Turrets a bit more: bowling ball & harpoon damages reduced by about 33%, attack rate reduced by about 25%, bowling ball projectiles now limited to 6 hits before breaking, harpoon projectiles now limited to 12 hits before breaking. * Slice and Dice Tower no longer has such a vertical sweep to be effective against enemies above it * Reduced Energy Drain rates on Electric and Ensnare Monk Auras * Increased Insane/Post-Insane Kobold Damage by 20% and Kobold Explosion Damage radius by 20% * 20% increase to Spike Blockade HP & its exponential HP ramp * 30% better exponential damage ramp on Squire Circular Slice * 40% reduction on Imp/Engy repair costs
7.05 Patch Notes: * Added "Halloween Spooktacular Event" Content! Tons of New Costumes, New Mission, New Items & Weapons! * Raised Mana Bank limit to 30 million * Added VSync and One-Threaded-Renderer Options to the Configuration Tool * Fixed 50% of all reported crash types * Improved Apprentice Defense Attack Rate ramp further, now you gain major Attack Rate DPS benefits well into the 100's of Attack Rate points * Chat-box now won't auto-close when opened if bound to 'Enter' * Items that are locked in your Item Box now stay locked when equipped to your hero * Fixed minor potential exploits * Chat History ("Console") Key can now be set in the Configuration Tool * Animus projectile now is piercing, and has better damage ramp. * "Heal-Self" Spell now takes more time proportionate to what your Maximum Health is. * Made "Enrage Aura" have a longer lifespan, more effective, and cost 1 less DU * Reduced Bloodrage Speed benefit, and Increased Bloodrage Mana cost-over-time * Fixed Magic Blockades not properly stealing the Element of Archers or Wyverns * Push-To-Talk option no longer disables itself between games * Map Loot icons now appear during the Combat Phase, not just the Build Phase * Equipment rating calculation now factors in potential upgrade levels (i.e. lower-end equipment with sufficient upgrade levels is compared evenly with upgraded equipment) * Added 60 more Item Box spaces * Console (Chat History) keybinding can now be set in the Configuration Tool
7.04 Patch Notes: * Steam persona names with non-ASCII characters can now connect to TrendyNet. (Korean names, etc) * Fixed special characters "\", "/", "<" creating unjoinable online games * Fixed "Start Wave" not updating to display the current Wave number of the match * Fixed potential losing-mission-unlock issue * Added option to toggle chase camera offset between left, right, and centered * Added option to disable "automatic step towards melee target" behavior * Made UI Scale keep the edge-alignment of the UI elements, so they stay at their corner even as they get smaller * Console key now changed from Tilde to F1 * Apprentice: increased Tower attack rate ramp * Squire: lowered Tower DPS ramp * Increased maximum number of dropped items on the ground in missions * Made "L" key quickly log/unlock the highlighted item in your Item Box * Added -dowritelog commandline option to output log data & better error reporting method * Reworked TrendyNet keep-alive logic to minimize disconnects and reduce load
Update notes: * Input Configuration now supports Mouse "Thumb" buttons 4 and 5 * Third Person Shooter-style offset Chase Camera for ranged classes, for better aiming * Fix for a Mission Progression data bug, which could cause an issue with not having levels unlocked that you should have. * Chat box no longer will close when pressing an alpha-numeric chat button while typing if bound to it * You are now given the tutorial achievement in Ranked mode, so that you can progress towards Legendary Defender * Ability Hotkeys 5-0 can now be bound in the Game Config Tool * More TrendyNet client-side tweaks to further decrease Ranked disconnections * Issues with Steam Cloud in Local Play should be resolved * Local data automatic backup system * Gamepad can now properly control the "Choose Multiplayer Mode" UI * Improved Monk DPS Ramp
Update Notes: 1. This fixes an issue where the configuration tool key bindings weren't saving 2. This fixes the chat box not appearing when Tab was pressed (or whatever key was bound to it by the user)