- Fixed several rare but persistent crashes: - Round restart in No Mercy map 1 - Witch eye glow particle system - Chainsaw pose parameter update - Common Infected post data update - Scavenge mode scoreboard - Fixed text input not working correctly in Hammer model browser search field.
- Fixed a file management bug that could cause some users to run out of memory when opening the Addons screen. - Removed SSE2 requirement that was added during the Linux port. - Fixed plugin handler reporting all commands as coming from the server, even when they came from the client.
This update also include an update to the L4D2 Authoring Tools
- Added the Extended Mutation System - Included demo EMS modes Holdout, Dash, L4D1 - Added support for Linux
- Server operators can now specify whether or not custom content is allowed when playing on their servers. This can be set on a per game mode basis see cfg/addonconfig.cfg for details.
- Fixed yellow screen corruption that occurs on AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series hardware. - Updated database to include video cards from the Steam survey through April 2013.
Add-ons - If a found game is using a Mutation add-on from the workshop, the "Download Add-on" button will open the workshop page - Adjusted add-on sorting when loading the main menu so Mutation add-ons can override UI elements. - Reworked add-on management to improve stability and properly support custom mutations. - Fixed the download progress panel sometimes not updating because it was referencing a different file than the one currently downloading. - Added a drop-down menu to the add-on screen to filter by tags. - Fixed occasional focus problem when clicking on the Addons list panel. - Allow keyboard scrolling of the Addons list panel.
Publishing Tools - Fixed published file browser not updating after publishing new content. - Fixed published file browser showing only the first fifty items of a users workshop. - Fixed upload tool throwing an error when replacing an existing file, if the file size was greater than the available space in the cloud. - Fixed upload tool sometimes showing an error dialog for files that had been deleted from workshop.
Changes: - Fixed a possible buffer overflow in keyvalues - Fixed player_death event setting "victimname" to "Charger" when the Spitter gets killed. - Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the rescue vehicle to arrive immediately when the second team in a versus match started the finale.
- Added support for dedicated servers to load addons from the "workshop" subdirectory. Fixes consistency errors when playing workshop campaigns on dedicated servers.
NOTE TO SERVER OPERATORS: To host workshop campaigns on your dedicated server, they should now be placed in the same location as on the client (/left4dead2/addons/workshop/…) Campaigns not downloaded from the workshop can still go in the "addons" directory.
Custom Campaign select screen: - Show all installed custom campaigns, not just the ones that support the current mode. - Disable list items for campaigns that don't support the current mode, and sort them to the bottom of the list. - Fixed some uninitialized text fields when no campaign is selected. - Moved an informational string so it doesn't overlap the campaign list.
Workshop Publishing Tool: - Removed the file count from the download progress bar to avoid confusion when stale meta-data indicates there are more files than actually exist. - Don't show the download progress bar if no valid files were found. - Fixed the "Failed to write file chunk…" error message not correctly showing the number of bytes written.