Contents - New Trailer out, now!! - New maps: -- Battle on the Dunes 3v3 Deathmatch -- Fight over Firnfeld 3v3 Deathmatch (based on Anglean Raiders) -- Canyon Ambush 3v3 Deathmatch -- Northern Fjords 3v3 Deathmatch - New hats in the store
Features - First release on Linux! (Awaiting steam for store integration to go live in store) -- Known issues: black patches on some ships at some angles, antialiasing does not yet work -- this build, while stable, is primarily intended to collect feedback from the community
- Added automatic AFK detection: kicks players from a match after 2 minutes with no input - Added a Go AFK button in Options that allows you to temporarily replace yourself with an AI and resume later. (Will still be removed after 5 inactive minutes) - Added effects to indicate buffed and fireproofed components - Practice: added hotkeys to toggle AI on/off, damage your ship, and light your ship on fire -- You may need to manually bind these keys in the Options menu, or reset your bindings to default to get their default bindings (this is a known bug with our keybinding system) - Tutorial text is much more detailed and context-sensitive, including explanation of various tools - Gun tooltip UI in ship customization changed to a more graphical design for clarity - Guns now gradually lose functionality as they are damaged (like engines and the balloon) -- Time between shots and time to reload increases linearly with damage, up to 150% normal -- Rotation speed decreases linearly with damage
Map Changes - New spawn logic to combat spawn camping. Please report any issues with screenshots of the map screen and the map you were playing to firstname.lastname@example.org - Adjusted spawn points to support new logic - Reduced Scrap on the Dunes point limit to 800
Balance - Changes to fire and fire-related equipment: -- Maximum fire charge count increased to 20 (from 16) -- 8 charges required to disable guns (guns will glow red when 8 charges are reached) -- Fires deal base 8 damage per second; each charge deals an additional 2 fire damage per second -- Fire damage multiplier against mechanical parts reduced to 0.25 (from 0.8) -- Fire damage multiplier against armor increase to 0.5 (from 0.4) -- Chemical Spray: extinguish power 2, makes component immune to additional charges for 12 seconds, causes 6 seconds of repair cooldown -- Fire Extinguisher: Extinguishes all charges, causes 10 seconds of repair cooldown -- Reminder: Fire-fighting tools bypass repair cooldown to extinguish fires but do not cancel them -- Banshee Rocket has 12% chance to apply 3 charges on direct hit, 30% change to apply 1 on AoE as well -- Dragon Tongue has 13% chance to apply 1 charge per particle (13 particles per second) -- Incendiary Rounds adds a separate 10% chance to apply 1 charge on hit to all weapons.
- Typhon Flak Cannon: -- Arming time of 1 second; does not apply area damage until ~240m -- Damage is split evenly between direct and area (so it will deal half damage under arming distance)
- Mercury Field Gun -- Decreased piercing damage (from 100 to 75) -- Increased projectile drop (from 12 to 15 m/s^2)
- Hellhound Heavy Twin Carronade -- Increased spread (from 2.5 degrees to 6)
- Banshee Rocket Carousel -- Increased direct and area damage (from 15/20 to 20/25) -- Added chance to cause fires (12% chance of 3 charges on direct hit, 30% chance of 1 charge on area hit) -- Decreased spread (from 5 degrees to 3) -- Reduced burst area radius (from 14 to 8)
- Dragon Tongue Light Flamethrower -- Increased damage per particle (from 3 to 4) -- Reduced chance to add fire charge per particle (from 25% to 13%)
- Artemis Light Rocket Launcher -- Decreased area radius from 4 to 3 -- Decreased direct damage from 80 to 60 -- Increased area damage from 70 to 120
- Other skills: -- Tar Barrel clouds slightly larger (by about 30%) -- Lochnagar Shot: rate of fire reduction change to -25% (from -15%), spread reduction increased to -100% (from -90%), rotation speed penalty increased to -100% (from -95%) -- Lesmok Rounds: rotation speed penalty changed to -40% (from -30%) -- Doubled the number of hits required to rebuild guns and engines
- Squid received small boost to armor, from 200 to 220 (Charged Rounds + Field Gun now requires 2 shots to destroy full Squid armor)
- Other damage type changes: -- Explosive damage multiplier against armor reduced to 0.3 (from 0.5) -- Flechette damage multiplier against armor increased to 0.5 (from 0.2) -- Flechette damage multiplier against hull health decreased to 0.2 (from 0.3)
- Reduced damage dealt by sandstorms (from 7 to 5 shatter damage per second)
Fixes and Optimization - Fixed a small difference in vertical positioning of gun interaction boxes between client and server (previously you could get kicked off the gun unexpectedly in edge cases) - Projectiles that detonate due to damage no longer cause friendly fire. - Spectators: Opening the menu in spectator mode no longer resets your position - Spectators: Fixed interest management issue that could cause guns or engines to disappear from ships near the edge of the map or in cloud cover. - Optimized most level and ship assets to reduce vert count, texture size, and draw count where possible. Should improve frame rate, particularly on low-end machines.
Player - Call for video submission! Show off how and why you fly in a 2 min short video, and add another 2 minutes of you and your crew in game. All for a chance to win a one-of-a-kind Guns of Icarus Online bullet USB. http://gunsoficarus.com/community/blog/we-want-to-hear-from-you/
- Facebook and Steam like drive still going on. We are 500 away from 2000 recommends on Steam, and a bit over 2,500 likes on facebook, so plenty of chances to win stuff still. Give us a like and help us spread the word!
- Inaugural the Cogs league open for sign ups! http://gunsoficarus.com/community/forumarchive/discussion/1202/guns-of-icarus-league-official-sign-up#Item_3
Guns of Icarus Online January Update - Release Notes Content - New Raid on the Refinery Crazy King map - Zales Handbook, new in-game player manual - New accessories and Steampipe and The Warrior costumes in-store
Features - New Crazy King game mode, point capture with a moving point - Steam Achievements integrated - Map Vote - vote for your next match after each battle - Level Weather: new effects for rain and frost - Level Weather: wind and moving storms - Indication of blocked players - Add Back to Main Menu button in Loading Screen while waiting for connection
Map Changes - King of the Flayed Hills is now Crazy King - moving sandstorms added to Scrap on the Dunes
Balance - Heavy Flak Changes: -- Decreased rate of fire with increase in damage to maintain DPS -- Reduced muzzle speed with increased shell life to maintain range (1020m) -- Slight increase to drop
Fixes - Fixed some networking issues that could cause client state to not sync properly (causing various strange bugs with reload, fire, and repair state display). - The Light Quality setting in Options now more aggressively controls cloud quality. Try reducing it if you have framerate drops when looking at large cloudbanks. - Missing rock collider in Canyon Ambush now fixed - Fixed issue with components on fire not colliding properly - Fixed resolution settings being improperly applied - Surrender button no longer in spectator mode - Fixed extinguisher animation bug in avatar preview - Corrected Lumberjack ironsights layout
Player - Collectors Edition costume pack has been expanded to include 6 costumes, one Ladies and one Gents for each class. Anyone who already has the CE or 4-pack will retroactively have the additional costumes automatically unlocked. If you have the CE and and have already purchased one of these new additions, then we'll give you your choice of another item of equal value. Just email us at email@example.com and let us know which item youd like! - The Facebook Like and Steam recommendation drive is still happening! Like us now or write a recommendation on Steam for a chance to win goodies.