STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Sep 1, 2014
Rock, Paper, Shotgun - email@example.com (John Walker)
Perhaps Atari is being meta. That’s my theory. Two old, undesirable game series returning, both about things that should be dead coming back to life. Again. It’s awfully clever.
So it is that we have yet another attempt to revive the never-good Alone In The Dark, and the Atari 2600 cartridge game, Haunted House. Both now have their first trailers, below. Neither seeming to have much to do with Atari’s recent declaration that it was to focus on the extraordinarily specific choice of making “LGBT and social casino” games.
Rock, Paper, Shotgun - firstname.lastname@example.org (Alice O'Connor)
Atari today is not the company behind the Atari 2600 and Atari ST of The Good Old Days. The name and the brands it owns have been passed around for years in oh so many buyouts and licensing deals. Atari today is a tiny company subsisting on marrow sucked from the corpses of its faded brands; in March it employed only ten people. However, they do still have some big (or once-big) names to sling around.
This week Atari announced new Alone in the Dark and Rollercoaster Tycoon games. And, sure, a new Haunted House too, I guess, whatever.
Packed with more than 2,000 pieces including six ghastly minifigs, the "Haunted House" set is so massive (and expensive) it'll only be available for order through LEGO's online store, home of the most elaborate pre-designed LEGO creations.
I've seen plenty of custom LEGO haunted houses over the years, and this one puts most of them to shame. Check out the specs:
LEGO Monster Fighters, Haunted House
Ages 14+, 2,064 pieces
- Features unique ‘crooked' design featuring boarded up windows and working front gate.
- First floor features fireplace that swings open and displays a ship in a bottle on the mantle.
- Cook up a ghoulish meal with the Zombie chef in the kitchen complete with old-style stove, jars and table.
- Write letters from the Vampyre's haunted office.
- Pull the lever hidden in the chimney to release the drop down staircase and access the top floor.
- Top floor features gramophone, records and newspaper LEGO elements.
- Customize the Haunted House with new stickers for wall hangings, spider webs and curtains.
- Measures 15.4" (39cm) high, 9.4" (24cm) wide and 7.5" (19cm) deep
If I were you I'd start saving up now.
Sep 28, 2010
Product Release - Valve
Dare to be scared! Haunted House is BACK! After 30 years, Atari's classic groundbreaking game is back with all-new scream-worthy chills and thrills! With spooky enemies lurking around every corner, are you brave enough to enter the Haunted House?