By popular demand, we have added a new upgrade for Barricade which makes the barricade impervious to damage. Although expensive, it will give players some degree of freedom of permanently shifting the terrain to their advantage.
Also, adjustment have been made to the spawn rate of the 'special' unit types such as dwarves, wizards, and horsemen so that they are no longer included in every single wave in late game. All in all, this will result in decreased difficulty of endless mode. Time to challenge your previous xp records!
Dungeon Warfare 2 is under development. Stay tuned for official announcement sometime next month.
Thank you for playing.
Added a new ultimate upgrade for Barricade (Indestructible)
Reduced the spawn rate of special unit types in endless mode
Applied new German translation (Thanks to KaeTuuN)
- Option to turn off fog of war now in game options. - This is a temporary fix until I can rectify the 'black screen bug'.
- AI not to purchase player villages.
- Player now alerted when a town or village cannot purchase resources. - Focus on player owned towns/villages panel added.
- Focus on player armies panel added.
- Villages now build correct faction symbol when building faction flag.
- Auto resolve battles not breaking fog of war has been fixed.
- Unable to change army team in custom battle issue fixed.
- Fixed an internal texture error. Increasing stability, and possibly fixing a memory leak.
- East point starting positions adjusted.
- Floating crates in ranch level have been set onto the ground.
- Siege defender not having resources issue fixed.
- Ai now checks player distance when defending to decide when to charge, hopefully preventing armies standing still.
- Cursor change indicating the player can open town gates.
- AI no longer leaves castle when they can easily defeat the player. This should help unit navigation lag. Gates will still open letting any pursuing AI to reach their target.
- Cursor change indicating the player can interact with the town gates has been added.
Thank you once again for your patience and support.
Edit: So after working all day thinking the texture fix had increased stability. It seems it has caused no change. My apologies. I am however looking into possible leaks & GC hoggers as we speak. Being able to finally reproduce it myself is a minor victory.
This weeks new map is a bit different than last weeks, or what you'll see in the upcoming releases. It's designed to help collect data on play style so that the finalization of the controls, jump distance, etc can be completed in the next couple weeks.
It's entirely made up of small platforms, with a switch back after collecting the GravPulse you'll need for the longer jumps. The next release will back back to the typical style, thanks for participating in the new map!
"Set in the fictional Eastern European country of Ghulovka, amidst a terrible civil war, Affliction allows players to take on the role of Vasya, a patient plagued by nightmares and fractured memories, who awakes inside of a cell in a bizarre research facility where grim human experiments are taking place. With no memory of their reason for being there, players are forced to fight for their survival amidst a hellish catastrophe while frantically seeking answers to discover the truth behind their identity and unveil the mystery surrounding the horrific true purpose of the complex.
Venture into the Triglav Complex: an abandoned, cold war era, soviet military research base whose original purpose involved developmental weapons. Now, the derelict compound is operating once again with similar intent. A dreadfully dangerous and highly classified developmental weapon known only as Morana has been under design for years, but has become too difficult to control and containment has been breached. Affliction is a survival horror game designed to engage players with a thrilling storyline, surreal lore, sprawling environments, merciless foes, a chilling atmosphere, and an unforgettable gameplay experience. Players must explore, scavenge, and fight in order to survive and live to tell the tale.
Experience the terrifying possibilities of human experimentation and chemical warfare from a first person perspective. The game features many different locations to explore including a disturbing research facility, a dark wilderness, a desolate city, and more. Exploration can be rewarding, but it can also be very unforgiving. Extreme caution is advised with every choice made as there are also many different types of enemies who will bring a grisly demise to any foolish enough to underestimate them. Military death squads tasked to purge, ghastly mutants trying to feed, and renegade anarchists attempting to resist are only some of the many hazards that await in this afflicted story.