Today we would like to announce the release of the Ravaged Development Kit!
The Ravaged Development Kit (RDK) is the Unreal Engine 3 driven editor for Ravaged.. a fun, fast-paced fps/vehicular combat game on Steam, built by the same developers that worked on Battlefield: Desert Combat, HomeFront, and Frontlines.
The RDK is a standalone development kit that does not require prior ownership of the Unreal Engine. It is available now and can be downloaded here
Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse releases a new update just in time for Halloween!
- Pumpkin Head Zombie added!
- New Zombie Map! Rooftop Nights
- New Resource Run Map! Wasteland
- Added Resource Run Dustbowl Night Map (with pumpkins you can drive through)
- Added Resource Run Dustbowl Day Map
- Added Capture The Resource Tankhill Map
- Auto join squads: adds new players to first squad with less than 4 members.
- Increased some vehicle mg ammo counts
- Reduced land vehicle Idle up time
- Pickup's rear mg can look lower
- Fixed bug showing vehicles' dot/nametag when behind you
- Added zombie mode soda bomb
- Tweaked rpg, law, and handheld m79 damage vs heavy vehicles
- Increased handheld m79 splash radius
- Decreased splash radius for vehicle grenade launcher (m19)
- Adjusted Helicopter rocket reload rate so it lands on a full mag(6) instead of 5
- Increased flamethrower's hit distance
2Dawn Games has just released a patch for Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse. While you wait for us to update our global network of dedicated servers you can still host your own listen server games. This patch addresses some issues reported through our forums. We also made some modifications to the Zombie game mode based on user feedback.
Thursday, August 29, 2013 – Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse Patch Notes
Zombie Game Mode Changes
- Zombie Howler radius of influence decreased
- Added timer for time remaining in wounded state before death
- Everyone starts with medic gun
- Extended revive state
- Lowered Zombie health
- Decreased depletion rate of fuel
- Increased Chainsaw damage
- Weapon ammo increased
- Fixed a collection of HUD and menu related issues
- Fixed multiple crash bugs that were reported
- Removed Derelict map for now due to shader related issues
The last 24 hours have been pretty amazing and the player counts keep increasing across the globe. Our Zombie mode has been very well received and people are also having a blast on our brand new traditional Ravaged maps and game modes. Not bad for a completely free upgrade right! A lot of people have been sending in great suggestions and as always we want to make the players happy. We are currently working on an update based on that feedback. We weren't kidding when we said Zombies were almost impossible and that was not by accident. We will be softening things up a bit soon and putting in some other tweaks. Stay tuned!
Hello All! We are in the process of setting up more servers for Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse. LOTS of things have been updated in this release so it is taking a bit of time to update our global server network. The great thing is in this update you can create your own Zombie co-op games of up to five players using Steam’s Listen Server. And with the original Ravaged game types you can create 8 person multiplayer matches. We will send out more updates soon. See you in game!
Want to know more on what's coming to Ravaged in just a few days? GameSpot has the exclusive video posted up. Head over to the GameSpot site to watch the new Zombie Apocalypse Trailer Video! The Zombie Apocalypse expansion will be releasing Monday, Aug. 19, 2013. We look forward to seeing everyone on the servers. More information on the content in this new expansion will be coming soon.
Hello All! The 2Dawn Development team has been working hard on some amazing things. This week we had a little bit of a slip up that kind of hints at what it is. :) But some Big Ravaged News Coming Soon!!! Stay Tuned!!!
Play Ravaged for FREE starting now through Sunday at 1PM Pacific Time. Plus, save 66% until Monday at 10AM Pacific Time during the Weekend Deal!
The Scavengers are an overpowering band of murderous savages hell-bent on taking every last inch of land and every critical resource for themselves. They will stop at nothing. Their success seems certain unless someone can rise up against them. The Resistance is the worlds last best hope and humankinds only chance to restore civilization. Days before the Apocalypse, these freedom fighters were able to seek shelter deep below the Earth, gathering just enough to survive. Finally, they are ready to emerge and rebuild the planet. But its a new world, overrun by the miscreants and madmen, warlords and hapless refugees. Only the most savage can survive.
If you already have Steam installed, click here to install or play Ravaged. If you don't have Steam, you can download it here.
Patch Notes: We released an update which fixes an issue with servers not appearing in the server browser. We also fixed an unrelated bug which was causing the purchased game to appear as a DEMO for some players.
As a thank you for your patience while we addressed the server browser problem, we decided to include some DLC content that was not scheduled for release until next week so you can open an early present! Here is a quick overview on the new content that we added to this update: • New weapons • New unlock system • New squad interface • Voice Over IP (VOIP) • Performance optimizations
Full details on these items will be released next week when our free DLC is available on 12/20. Remember to sign up on our site to receive our newsletter which has the latest news and exclusive coupons!