As some of you might already have noticed, we just pushed an update live. It mainly adresses some stability and performance issues some of you have been having. If you find that the frame rate drops significantly during Edie's dream (for example), turning the Animation Effects off will now help quite a lot.
Check this out, you maverick renegades:
• Engine: Added proximity trigger object
• Engine: Added 'Dialogue option' task command
• Game: Improved performance while on game menus
• Steam: Fixed so Chapter 3 shows up in DLC listing [Mac]
• Chapter 2, 3 & 4: Upgraded graphical assets to high-res ditos
• Chapter 2 & 4: Tweaked gramophone puzzle
• Chapter 2 & 4: Improved performance in TV room
• Chapter 2 & 4: Tweaked perspective on third floor
• Chapter 2 & 4: Swapped tea party graphics in monitor 4
• Chapter 4: Removed ghostly jitter if Animation FX is off
• Chapter 4: Removed screen shake if Animation FX is off
• Chapter 2 & 4: Removed TV scanlines if Animation FX is off
Other than that, we hope you're enjoying summer, if you're on the northern hemisphere, or winter, if you're on the southern.
As always, don't be shy if you find something off about the game.
It's been a while since I posted one of these, so I figured I might as well do another one. Progress on Chapter 5 has been pretty strong lately, although a lot of work remains. It's by far the largest chapter in the game. It's hard to go into detail without spoiling the content, so we'll opt for the slightly cryptic approach in stead.
We hope you're out enjoying the nice weather, preferably leaned back in a lawn chair, placidly nurturing a tasty beverage. That's what we would do, if we weren't sitting here typing out a fresh, new and exciting change list.
This time we actually have some meat on them bones. Just check out the very first bullet point, if you don't believe us. Reading speed setting. "Does that mean I don't have to click through all the dialogue lines manually anymore?", we hear you ask.
Why, yes. That's exactly what it means. Just set the slider to whatever speed is comfortable for you. You can also turn it off entirely, if you prefer to go old-school. As we know some of you do.
Anyway, here's the full list of changes:
• Engine: Added a reading speed setting [keyboard shortcut: R]
• Game: Added sliders to the settings UI
• Game: Stopped the main menu button from occasionally disappearing
• Game: Fixed slight stutter in the chapter selector UI
• Game: Fixed a bug preventing permanent states from loading [web only]
• Chapter 2 & 3: Swapped some graphical assets to hand-made equivalents
• Chapter 2 & 3: Upgraded some graphical assets to high-res versions
• Chapter 4: Added some auto save points to Edie's dream
We hope you like it, and as always don't be shy if you find something strange or buggy in the game.
We've just released another update to delight and amuse you. It contains a little bit of everything - reminiscent of what we in Sweden call a "Smörgåsbord". My personal favourite is the additional reading aid cues you can get if you have problems reading small text. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone not afflicted, but it's always fun to play around with voice synthesizers. I think it's strange that more games don't have such features.
Oh well. Enough ranting.
• Engine: Addressed general stability issues
• Engine: Optimized depth sorting
• Game: Tweaked UI
• Game: Added reading aid cues (Steam PC version only)
• Chapter 1: Reinserted high-resolution guitar (due to overwhelming popular demand)
• Chapter 1: Tweaked elevator buttons
• Chapter 4: Tweaked recipe puzzle
Here's another slew of fixes and additions for the game. They're mostly minor things, but should - taken as a whole - lead to a more rewarding playing experience. That's the theory at least. What do I know? These things are tricky.
• Engine: Increased sound ducking during menus
• Engine: Fixed sound transition issue
• Engine: Added sound fade out during app termination
• Game: Tweaked UI
• Chapter 1: Removed guitar
• Chapter 1: Tweaked note piece behavior
• Chapter 2: Fixed graphical glitch in dream arrival area
• Chapter 2: Addressed a problem with Alicia at the end of the chapter
• Chapter 3: Fixed spelling errors
• Chapter 4: Added hearing aid cues
• Chapter 4: Fixed spelling error
• Chapter 4: Tweaked soundscapes
As if a new year wasn't enough cause for celebration, we've just released an update that improves the game in several ways. Read and rejoice. In that order.
• Engine: Fixed bug that prevented permanent states from loading
• Game: Enabled Steam overlay
• Game: Improved performance during game menus
• Game: Increased sound ducking during menus
• Game: Tweaked UI
• Game: Fixed a text line appearing in the wrong place
• Chapter 1: Fixed two item behaviours during close-ups
• Chapter 2: Fixed scaling issue in Mr Morton's dream
• Chapter 3: Added hearing aid cues
• Chapter 4: Fixed gramophone code issue