Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Help us translate Steam
Posts in "Eurogamer" channel about:
Sep 28, 2011
An upscaled version of Resident Evil: Code Veronica headlines this week's PSN Store update. It's available for £15.99.
FIFA 12 arrives to download on Friday - for the privilege of saving yourself a walk to the shops you'll pay £54.99 on PlayStation 3 and £31.99 on PSP.
Battlefield 3's open beta rolls out on Thursday, while gamers can help themselves to PSN-exclusive shooter Rochard, freemium role-player Free Realms and new Dead Nation DLC from today.
There's still no sign of the MIA Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection - it arrived on time for its XBLA launch almost a month ago and has yet to materialise on PSN in Europe.
2D adventure Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, out in the US, is also missing.
PSN Plus subscribers get 20 per cent off metal pouring puzzler Mercury hg this week, and Resi Evil: CV for half price.
Anyone who bought Resident Evil 4 HD last week also gets Code Veronica at 50 per cent discount.
But European Plus payers have seemingly missed the glut of Uncharted 2 DLC gifted to US Plus accounts in North America's latest PSN update, alongside new Nathan Drake avatars and themes.
European gamers do get a hefty price drop on Borderlands' Game Of The Year edition though - it's more than half price this week only. Cut from £27.99 to £11.99, it includes the full game plus all four DLC packs: The Zombie Island of Doctor Ned, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx and Claptrap's New Robot Revolution.
The full update, courtesy of the EU PlayStation blog, lies below:
- Arkedo Series - 03 Pixel! (£1.59/€1.99)
- Child of Eden (£23.99/€29.99)
- Crysis 2 (£31.99/€39.99)
- De Blob 2 (£19.99/€24.99)
- Elemental Monster (£0.95/€1.19)
- FIFA 12 (£54.99/€69.99) - Available Friday 30th September
- Free Realms (free)
- Homefront (£27.99/€34.99)
- Max and the Magic Marker - Gold edition (£7.99/€9.99) - Trial & Unlock
- Mercury Hg (£3.99/€4.99) - Trial & Unlock
- Rochard (£7.99/€9.99)
- Resident Evil: Code Veronica (£15.99/€19.99) - Discounted to £7.99/€9.99 for purchasers of RE4 HD until 12th October
- Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters (£57.99/€69.99)
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (£7.99/€9.99)
- Saints Row 2 (£15.99/€19.99)
- FIFA 12 (£31.99/€39.99) - Available Friday 30th September
PS minis (PS3 and PSP)
- Galcon Labs (£1.99/€2.49)
- The Treasures Of Montezuma (£1.74/€1.99)
PSone (PS3 and PSP)
- Gubble (£2.99/€3.59)
- Snowboard Racer (£3.99/€4.99)
- Battlefield 3 Beta - Available Thursday 29th September
- Stardrone Demo
- Dead Nation - Road to Devastation (£3.49/€3.99)
- Free Realms - 30 Day Membership (£3.99/€4.99), 90 Day Membership (£9.99/€12.99), 180 Day Membership (£19.99/€24.99), 365 Day Membership (£23.99/€29.99), Lifetime Membership (£27.99/€34.99)
- Champion Jockey: G1 Jockey & Gallop Racer - Comedy Pack (£1.99/€2.49)
- Duke Nukem Forever - Hail to the Icons Parody Pack (£6.29/€7.99)
- Elemental Monster - Battle Tickets -Set of 4 (£0.95/€1.19), Battle Tickets -Set of 21 (£4.79/€5.99), Battle Tickets -Set of 45 (£5.49/€6.99), Battle Tickets -Set of 100 (£10.99/€13.99). Booster Box -Ancient War (£4.79/€5.99), Booster Box -Birth of Deities (£4.79/€5.99), Booster Box -Emperor's Revenge (£4.79/€5.99), Booster Box -Legendary Dragons (£4.79/€5.99), Booster Box -Otherworldly Visitor (£4.79/€5.99), Booster Box -Sacred War (£4.79/€5.99)
- Elevator Action Deluxe - Additional Stage 1 (free)
- Fallout: New Vegas - Courier's Stash (£1.59/€1.99), Gun Runners Arsenal (£3.19/€3.99)
- NBA Jam: On Fire Edition - Time Is Money Pack (£2.39/€2.99)
- SkyDrift - Gladiator Multiplayer Pack (£3.99/€4.99)
Rock Band & Yoostar
- Rock Band Network - Ship With No Sails - Neonfly (£0.99/€1.49), Stabbing The Drama - Soilwork (£0.59/€0.79), The Window - Raven Quinn (£0.99/€1.49), Trying Hard - Loni Rose (£0.59/€0.79), Pendulum - After the Burial (£0.99/€1.49)
- Rock Band 3 - Slipknot Pack 02 (£3.49/€5.29), (contains the following songs also available separately) Left Behind - Slipknot (£0.99/€1.49), Pulse Of The Maggots - Slipknot (£0.99/€1.49), Wait And Bleed - Slipknot (£0.99/€1.49), Snuff - Slipknot (£0.99/€1.49)
- Yoostar 2 - Fireworks Over City Scape (£0.59/€0.75), A Woman Who Will Arouse My Intellect (£1.39/€1.75), Live Long And Prosper (£1.39/€1.75)
Sep 15, 2011
Grand Theft Auto 4 has now shipped a gargantuan 22 million copies worldwide since its April 2008 release.
That doesn't mean they've all been sold, but it's an indication of its enormous success nonetheless.
Company chairman Strauss Zelnick revealed the figure during a talk at ThinkEquity's annual Growth conference, reported IndustryGamers.
Take-Two (owner of 2K and Rockstar) said the Grand Theft Auto series has now shipped a total of 114 million units to shops around the world.
In comparison, breakout console success Red Dead Redemption has shipped 12.5 million copies. That game became the first of Take-Two's fleet to demonstrate anything like the success of GTA.
The two BioShock games have combined to ship 9 million units. A third BioShock game, BioShock Infinite, is being made for a 2012 release.
The Wii Carnival Games series shipped 8 million units.
The entire Midnight Club series shipped 18.5 million units. The Civilization series shipped 11 million units.
The Max Payne series managed to ship 7.5 million, and will also welcome a third instalment in 2012.
The two Mafia games shipped 5 million copies.
Borderlands, alone, shipped 4.5 million. Borderlands 2 will be released sometime between April 2012 and March 2013.
Last but not least, The Darkness, which shipped 1 million. Whether weak or not, it too is due a sequel, and that's also coming in 2012.
Notably absent from the Take-Two list was L.A. Noire, which we know to have shipped 4 million units.
Rumour has it that Take-Two is close to announcing Grand Theft Auto 5. But will Take-Two wish to detract attention from its already packed 2012 slate?