7.30 Additions: * Added Premium DLC: Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards Part 3: Aquanos * Raised Level Cap to 83, and added hyper-rare 'Supreme' item quality categorization * Added support for four slots of Accessory-type Items & Masks, and added 62 Accessory/Mask loot drops, of varying degrees of rarity and difficulty to achieve * Added Transcendent Survivalist Achievement + Jetpacking Bounty Hunter Costume * Raised Bank soft cap / maximum shop sale amount to 600,000,000 Mana * Added 40 more Item Box spaces, 50 more Player Shop Item spaces, and 20 more Items allowed on Tavern Floor * Added Halloween and Battle Royale loot drops to general drops (can drop on any mission), once you've beaten Halloween and Battle Royale respectively (on any difficulty) * Added Option to disable targeting cursor for Melee Heroes
Modifications: * Made Shock Beam able to trigger on Flying Enemies, and thus Shock them * Barbarian Lightning Stance and Shock Beam now shock Djinn and cancel their spells * Barbarian Hawk Stance self-stun time cut by 50%, Hawk Stance damage increased by 25%, Lightning Stacne Self-Damage reduced by 25% and Stun Time increased by 15% * Spiders can now be shock-stunned (also causing them to cancel web attack) by Lightning Stance and Shock Beams * Enemies within Strength Drain Auras lose their own Elemental Damage and their Elemental Invulnerability when within the Aura, Strength Drain Aura in-game description updated accordingly * Rebalanced all Nightmare Campaign & UMF Missions to contain Sharken * Reduced the number of enemies on Survival Waves to about Mistymire Forest levels on ALL maps * Buffed Monk Electric Aura by 50% in Nightmare * Pets are now hidden if you hide your weapon in FPV * Series Ev Proton Charge Blast now immediately consumes Mana that you drop * Spaces and Brackets are now allowed in Hero names from all menus (main menu and renaming) * 10% Linear and 8% Exponential-Ramp Damage Buff to Apprentice Lightning Tower * ALL Mythical+ Pets now incorporate Hero Damage into their Damage calculation -- Donkey and a few others previously weren't *Added message to Player Shop UI to help make it clear that AFK Shop Mode is required to have a permanently accessible Player Shop: "Note: Your shop will be inaccessible after 15 Minutes unless you enable AFK Shop Mode." * Sitting in the Tavern for 1 hour now automatically converts your game to AFK Shop Mode (changes back to a non-AFKShop game if you enter any mission) * Enemies lose their invincibility from immunity circles after 10 seconds, and Ogres de-spawn after 6 minutes
Fixes: * Fixed a Trade Failure bug * Fixed extra Guardian-type stats appearing on Guardians. * Fixed bug that would cause UI input to lock up in Tavern (and on other UI's potentially) if you pressed Escape key very quickly as the Mission Setup Menu was opening * Added Summoner functionality hooks * Fixed THE Return To Tavern / Restart Level Crash!! * Fixed Djinn Spawn timings on Tree of Life MonsterFest, now they won't wait so long to arrive * Fixed an invincible Skeleton case
Trendy Entertainment, creator of action tower defense game Dungeon Defenders, is offering a cash prize of $1000 (about £620) for the winner of its first map contest, as well as inclusion of the map in the game's ranked and open modes. The contest will also award $500 (£310) to the second place winner, $250 (£155) for third, and a "DunDef prize pack" for all winners. The official rules have been posted to Trendy's forums, and the Dungeon Defenders Development Kit can be downloaded as free DLC on Steam.
Trendy is asking for "people of all experience" to participate, and suggests starting with a how-to guide in its forums. Once submitted, the entries will be evaluated both by the community and a panel of judges.
The contest is not strictly limited by age or region, though Trendy cautions that to claim the cash prize you must "meet the age requirements for your state and country," so keep that in mind. Also note that Trendy will own the winning map so that it can safely include it in the game. Entries must be maps which haven't been previously released, and the deadline for submissions is June 21 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
7.25 Update Notes Additions: * Added New Hero: Series Ev (DLC) * Added New Challenge: Karathiki Competitive Tower Defense (Part of DLC Karathiki Jungle Pack)
Modifications: * Apprentice Mana Bomb damage exponential ramp buffed, on the high-end can do about 10x damage than previously * Added Respawning Treasure Chests to Frostdale PvP Maps * Reduced "Rumble in the Jungle" to 12 waves * Healing-plus-Damaging Pets (such as Monkey and Goblin Cupid) will favor Healing if a Heal-Target is below 50% Health * 10% Buff to Trap Damage in Nightmare * When multiple Guardians of the same type are buffing a Defense, the stronger buff will now always take effect. (previously, it was whichever Guardian got there first)
Fixes: * Karathiki Pure Strategy now supports 6 players * Friendly Djinn can no longer be gas-stunned * VDay enemies much more likely to follow the player * Improved player networked movement quality in PvP game * Join-Requirement Minimum Level Setting is now controller-friendly, as is the Show Shops/Show Games button * Griffon Pet projectile now deals splash damage * Fixed Wyvern pathfinding on Karathiki, Fixed spawn locations on Karathiki, Fixed inappropriate build locations on Karathiki, Fixed Bowling Balls breaking on the floor of parts of Karathiki * Fixed a case where players would get "Failed to Create Game" message when attempting to Host an Online game * Pets no longer can roll-over to "1 mana" resale value ----
7.20 Update Notes Additions: * Added Premium Content: Eternia Shards 2 Pack + Hero Outfits * Cross-platform Steamplay with new Mac version! * 5 new Achievements + Trophies * Added a super-secret awesome reward for those who earn "Transcendent Challenge Champion" Achievement * Level cap raised to 78, along with new Items and Item Quality Category
Modifications: * Hardcore Mode is now accessible on all Challenges, and gives better reward items (on Campaign and Challenges) than non-Hardcore * Added "Pro" Item Upgrade Mode, where you can simply click an item stat directly to immediately invest all needed funds and upgrade the item rapidly. * Buffed Apprentice Exponential Damage Ramps on Lightning Tower and Magic Missile Tower by ~20% * "Hardcore" mode now yields a 30% XP wave-completion earnings boost, regardless of difficulty setting * Spike Blockade width increased by 15% * Increased NM Crystal HP by 40% * Harpoon Turrets now incorporate target leading into their aiming, making them much more effective against Wyverns and also fast-moving enemies * Buffed Nightmare Damage Pets by 12%
Fixes: * Clients can now see the Host's selected mission name of a mission they don't own * Fixed issue where Traps would become weaker in various ways if you died in Hardcore mode and your player character disappeared. Also fixes Upgrade Detonation Count decreasing issue with Traps after the player was destroyed (where Upgrading could result in a Det Count decrease). * Controller users can now press "Y" to export data to Local/Open mode * You can now browse into and out-of Item Box/Player Shop folders properly with Gamepad control (though you can not create them with Gamepad control, yet) * Editbox for specifying the Item Costs in the Player Shop now displays numerical commas * Binding chat key to alphanumeric button no longer interferes with EditBox inputs * Fixed issue where alphabetical keybinding for Chat would result in inability to use that key in edit boxes * Nightmare Challenges now also give Insane Achievements
What better way to break open today's toughest campaign issues than the imminent threat of becoming demon food? The just-released President's Day Surprise DLC for Dungeon Defenders unlocks four new skins, including President Obama and Mitt Romney, then sets you up to battle for points while avoiding a giant patriotic demon. Of course you'll also be fighting your fellow players, and at some point Michelle Obama will probably use a machine gun to rain lead pain down on George Washington. If only every presidential debate was this entertaining.
The free DLC unlocks more than just democratic mayhem. Two new pets (a Democrat Donkey and Republican Elephant) and two new weapons are also added. Would-be dungeon debaters can pick up their boxing gloves via Steam.
7.16 Update Notes * Added "Assault Mission Pack" premium content, free for owners of the 'Lost Eternia Shards Complete DLC' * Added "Barbarian Hero Class" premium content * Added "Hardcore Mythical Defender", "Dungeon Raider", and "Mythical Dungeon Raider" Accomplishments & Steam Achievements * Added one-button "Sync All Items to DefenderStore.com", and no longer pops up Steam Overlay after you login to the site!
* Added 'Mythical Defender' reward! 'Outlander' costume with special ability * Added Item-Box/Hero-Shop "Folder" support (& subfolders too), and Item Drag-&-Drop support * Added "Q" key to toggle "Front View" mode where you can view the front of your character and rotate around them for tasty pics * Added "H" key to Toggle HUD visibility * Added UI Option to disable controller rumble feedback
* Made Hardcore mode available in all Difficulty settings * Hardcore mission completions now save and are visible in your completion stats * Fix for network bandwidth issue involving high-attack-rate projectile towers: tower projectiles are now locally spawned and locally-calculated client-side, completely elminating their bandwidth cost. * Spider Webbing no longer stacks on players, you can only be webbed once-at-a-time * 'Group Hug' Achievement can now optionally be earned using the corresponding Gender-Swapped Heroes * Fixed bug where Squire's Blood Rage damage resistance calculation was inverted, erroneously making him take MORE damage as the Blood Rage stat was level updated. This is resolved, and now e.g. 1800 point Blood Rage will cut incoming damage by about 50%, enabling better Squire tanking especially on the high-end. * Reduced Healing Ramp Cost by 20% (less Healing Cost per HP increase), and reduced Healing Cost by a straight 40% in NM * Darkness Trap now strips mobs of elemental immunity, and reduced DU cost to 5 * Player Shop Maximum Item Sale Cost is now correctly 200,000,000 (the UI was previously erroneously limiting the number to 8 digits, preventing reaching this maximum) * Fixed the cost of upgrading "Halloween Spooktacular!" items, now is the same as other equivalent items * Fixed another kind of 'Return-To-Tavern-Crash' (perhaps the last) * Buffed Squire Circular Slice damage ramp by 15%, Reduced its cooldown by 1 second, and increased its animation speed by 25% * All Squire Towers HP buffed by 60% in NM, Harpoon Turret rotate speed increased by 40% * Eliminated Speed Boosts in NM Assaults
Eternia Shards DLC * Added Part 1 missions: Mistymire Forest, Portal Defense, LifeStream Hollow Uber MonsterFest (8-player), LifeStream Hollow PvP * Added early-access to "Nightmare" difficulty mode for owners of the 'Eternia Shards Complete Pack' DLC, with Eternia Shard enemies featured, & corresponding level, enemy, spawn layout & boss rebalancings * Added 5 new achievements: Mythical Defender, Portal Protector, Nightmare Portal Protector, Nightmare Eternia Shard Recovered: Purple, Eternia Shard Recovered: Purple * Added new "Mythical" quality-level items, with a level requirement of 74
All Modes * Fixed a GPU memory leak crash involving any mission with Terrain * Possible to sell/buy items with a value above 100 million now. * Added Adjustable Camera Field-Of-View Options slider * Fixed 1-byte Stat overflow bug, and Raised maximum Per-Item Hero/Defense Stat to 360 (not a total cap, just on each individual item, up from 126) * Changed Pet XP earnings to 100% of earned XP, up from 50% * Fixed a Secure-Trade failure bug * Fixed a UMF enemy-stuck area * Added optional damage-red material flash when any object or character takes damage * Raised Level Cap to 74 * DefenderStore.com items will now automatically remove from web listing when sold, dropped, or traded, and will switch between web Shop and web Inventory if moved between in-game Shop and Inventory respectively. * DefenderStore.com listing name will now automatically match in-game shop name * Damage resistance no longer reduces incoming momentum (knockback) from hits * Moved shake-camera and step-towards-target options to the general options panel * Made ALL Missions and Challenges have Leaderboards * Added next/previous page buttons to the Play Statistics UI level list * Nerfed Animus Damage by 33% (retroactive) * Changed Piercing Shot & Piercing Spreadshot cooldown time from 1.25 seconds to 4 seconds * TrendyNet will no longer accept connection from pre-7.13 game versions * Increased non-equipment Stat point cap from 100 to 120
The Daily Wishlist Giveaway continues today on Steam. Each day 10 people will win the top 10 games on their wishlist!
To enter, you must have a Steam account and a Wishlist with at least 10 games, and each day you will need to visit the gamepage of the featured daily deal. The Daily Wishlist Giveaway began December 1st and will continue into the holiday season.
7.12 Update Notes Additions * PvE: Added new 8-player "Über Monster Fest!" challenge mission as part of the 'New Heroes Pack' * All: Players can now to create their own "Hero Shop" with Items they own, set prices on those Items, and then specifically list their game as an "AFK Shop" game. Added button to view the available DefendersStore.com Items along with the active "AFK Shops". * All: Added a "Add to DefendersStore.com" button to the Item Box and Hero Shop, which enables you to post/updates your items to DefendersStore.com directly from within the game! Also the Items automatically remove themselves from DefendersStore.com when they get sold from your shop!
Changes * All: You can now hold "Alt" and click on another Hero Icon in the Hero Selection or Swapping UI to swap those two hero positions, so you can more easily organize your heroes into sets. * All: Score indicator collapses the same-type labels onto each other, so if you kill 100 goblins before the score indicator has caught up, you get a "Killed 100 +100" message rather than 100 goblin kill messages. This makes the score indicator much more useful and timely. * All: Every slower swinging melee weapon now deals proportionally more damage! (as listed on their Damage Stat too). Is retroactive. * All: Raised Mana Bank non-shop earnings Cap to 100,000,000 * PvE: Adept "Instant Upgrade" can now also be used in the Build Phase, useful for time-limited missions, and reduced the cost of "Purity Bomb" to 200 Mana. Also, Instant-Upgrade can be used beyond Upgrade Level 5 to do an Instant Repair, at a high cost of Mana. * PvE: Dark Elf Warrior Damage to Towers reduced by 50%, and their Targeting Desirability to Towers reduced by 40%. * All: Monk Weapons retroactively buffed 33% Melee Damage, Monk Ranged Damage Exponential Ramp nerfed 20%, Monk Hero Boost upkeep cost increased 20%. * All: Redesigned the Adept animations. * All: Upgrading Projectile Speed now has a minimal impact on resale value. * All: All Chicken Pets standardized to 80 Upgrade Levels. * All: Countess "Joust" damage scales better (increased damage stat ramp by 20%), and "Joust" now does scaled Weapon Elemental Damage as well. Countess "Call To Arms" radius raised and ally damage buff ramp increased 15% * All: Definitive Chicken-Pet 33% damage buff.
Fixes * All: Fixed bug where you could get someone else's Tavern dropped items in YOUR Tavern. * All: Keyboard-lockout after naming your game when using a Gamepad is fixed * All: Likely fix for weapon-not-appearing-on-character issue under lossy-network conditions * All: Another Countess "Joust" client issue fixed, * DDDK: Total Conversions can now use custom Materials.
* All: Added 4 New Heroes for play: the Adept, the Countess, the Initiate, and the Ranger * PvE: Added "Warping Core Challenge Pack", and added "The Great Turkey Hunt!" TrendyNet Event & four new corresponding Hero costumes
* All: Increased maximum number of profile Heroes to 16. * All: Magic Staffs Knockback Max Damage Multiplier changes to 1.8 (the same as Magic Bolt Projectiles) rather than 1.5 * All: Upgraded weapons have improved resale value * All: Added Auto-Refire (hold mouse button) For Squire and Monk attacks (both Monk attacks), and Apprentice staffs (hold RMB+LMB to keep auto-refiring, hold just the LMB if you want to Charge). * All: Hero Info UI stat point application can now be combined with the following modifier buttons: RMB removes a point, Shift with LMB/RMB adds/removes 5 points, and Ctrl with LMB/RMB adds/removes all points to a stat. * All: Gamepad users can now set an online game name when they Host * All: Changed Lobby Searches to be Worldwide (still ordered by distance of course). Sorry about that guys, no more region-locking! * All: Fixed one more case of an erroneous VAC failure. * All: Added Linear Upgrade Multiplier for Defense Upgrades -- this will linearly buff the Health and Damage of an Upgraded Defense according the following table (percents are each from the base value): 1st Upgrade +20%, 2nd Upgrade +40%, 3rd Upgrade +60%, 4th Upgrade +80%, 5th Upgrade +100% * All: Chicken Damage buffed by 33% * All: At the Hero Info UI, added on-screen mouse-keyboard combinations for faster level-up point applications and removal, particularly useful when respecing * All: Fixed issue with Gamepad Left Trigger not correctly activating the "Invest All" button on the Equipment Info UI
* PvE: Super-Loot scaling added to all INSANE Challenges * PvE: Shop gets restocked every 5 waves of Survival/Pure-Strat/Mix that you play, with the latest and greatest stuff. * PvE: Super-Loot re-added to Pure Strat & Shop, at their own scaling rates * PvE: Ogre Poison Ball no longer damages Eternia Crystals * PvE: Moved loot tables to scale several waves earlier (better loot earlier on) * PvE: Adding Super-Loot back into PS and Shops, ramp values forthcoming... * PvE: Limited enemy projectile flight-distances to 3000 units, to avoid long-flight stray arrows and projectiles causing game loss * PvE: Buffed Mix Mode Loot Ramp about 20% * PvE: Active (non-retired) Heroes boost boost the Damage output of towers they specifically summoned by 33% (indicated via a Hero Face Icon on the tower's floating HUD) * PvE: Buffed Monk's "Defense Boost" ability Heal-Amount Ramp by 15% * PvE: Removed the Dark Elf Warriors' 3-second Spawn Immunity * PvE: Skeletons will no longer target or damage Eternia Crystals * PvE: Any Hero XP earned is now also automatically applied as Investment in your equipped Pet, though at a 50% conversion rate
* PvP: Changed existing CTF Map to "Hold the Flag", added new CTF map that is 2-flag base-oriented traditional Capture the Flag gameplay.