Seems this is catching a lot of people out. I'll try and add something that makes it clearer, but for now here are the criteria you need to take into account when choosing a song/mode for a Shadow Mission.
Note 1: Tracks with the Shadow Ops Icon can be used to complete the current mission
Note 2: Choosing 'Play Random Track' or 'One I've not played yet' will automatically choose a song that will meet the current mission criteria.
Mission Restrictions Shadow Missions have some restrictions. These are listed below.
In general, songs with the Shadow Ops Icon next to them are appropriate for the mission.
Destroy 'x' small ships of type 'y' Any mode. Tracks with Icon present
Destroy 'x' big ships of type 'y' Any mode. Tracks with Icon present
Destroy 'x' bosses of type 'y' Any mode. Tracks with Icon present
Score 'x' points in 1 track Standard Mode Only
Accumulate 'x' points Standard Mode Only
Complete 'x' tracks on 'y' difficulty Standard Mode Only
The track must be longer than 3m:30s
You can play on higher difficulty if you wish
Collect 'x' pickups of type 'y' Any mode. Any track
Death Penalties If you die during a shadow mission, you will lose some of your progress in that mission. Below are the types of mission and their penalties:
Destroy 'x' small ships of type 'y' 100% Progress Lost
Destroy 'x' big ships of type 'y' Lose 2 Kills
Destroy 'x' bosses of type 'y' Lose 1 Kill
Score 'x' points in 1 track 100% Progress Lost
Accumulate 'x' points Lose 1 million points
Complete 'x' tracks on 'y' difficulty Lose Current Track
Welcome To The Shadow Operations Unit. CONSTRUCTION: Create new ships for the Shadow Fleet. ACQUISITION: Download new ships created by other operatives. EXECUTE: Complete Shadow Missions to gain promotions. DOMINATION: Each ship in the fleet has its own set of leader boards.
- 9 Brand new ships, each with different handling, firing patterns and abilities
- Steam Workshop support with easy to use in-game editor
- Earn mission stars by completing 'Shadow Missions' assigned to each ship
- Prove your worth, rank up to 'Shadow Force Elite'
- Each ship has a separate leader board; Show your skill and compete for the top spot
I've just released a major update. Here are the main changes:
- Added Online play to the Linux version
- Fixed LastFM Scrobbling (You may need to re-login for this to start working)
- Fixed all the radio stations
- Added 'Ship Hangar' on the main menu. Change your ship type here
- Added separate leader boards for Standard, Gold, Mini Gold & Dragon ships. (Access these from the Ship Hangar)
- Added 'change ship' option to the online lobby screen