STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
#CTDs / Performance
- Optimised collision-meshes for buildings, ships, objects and trees
- Fixed broken trunks on waving trees
- Smaller LODs
- Added female frame
- Slightly reduced polycount of armors
- Optimisation of material- and shader-settings
- Cleaned up BRFs
- Removed all non used scene props.
- Trigger optimization
- Sound flags
- Massive changes in multiplayer security code (this should fix most or all MP bugs caused by 'hackers')
- Fixed music
- Changed the way that cooldown for horn and berserker works
- Fixed "move cattle" quest bug
- Fixed never-ending tournament rounds in some of towns
- Fixed MP sound issues
- Fixed bugs in scenes - 7 towns and 1 castle
- Fixed map icons
- Fixed tutorial equipment
- Fixed "The rate of catching prisoners is extremely low"
- Fixed "killed all but still prisioners"
- Fixed "question mark in the fight"
- Fixed "Looting Monasteries cost to much reputation"
- Fixed "Lack of bandits in Frisia and Danmark"
- Fixed "Should I get stuck in the opening battle if I win?"
- Fixed "impossible to escape from Sven's fleet"
- Fixed "Spawning in water when aid someone in seabattle"
- Fixed "Dying at the start of a sea battle"
- Fixed "Lower the chance for damaged ships."
- Fixed "Farmer viking parties"
- Fixed "MP Naval battle too slow"
- Fixed "Cant leave ship in MP Naval Battle"
- Fixed christian troops problem in Pagan towns.
- Fixed gift cattle option
- Fix Norse spawn
- fixed bug with pretender dialogs
- fixed bugs with castle/town food reserves
- Fixed NPC factions
- Fixed non-responsive division
- Fixed non-responsive troops
- Fixed non-kingdom troop AI
- Fixed some tournaments not ending
- Fixed many storyline problems reported for players. Specially in:
- Odin's Cave
- Sven's Hideout
- Captain's problem
- Trolls Bridge
- Companions conversation
# New / Changes
- MP admin chat (chat visible only to admins - 'U' key)
- MP admin announcments (important message send to all players - 'I' key)
- MP admin tools panel:
- slay bots
- heal player
- slay player
- swap player to other team
- swap player to spectator
- give Thor's hammer to player
- Add continue in sandbox mode after storyline end.
- Deleted autoleve 5 for companions.
- Helgi now have a trainer skill at the expense of lower navigation
- Adjust/fix faction relations
- Expand inventory update to special parties
- Reworked special places (farmstead, quarries etc) to give lower prices depending on player's skill
- Reworked extortion in villages and special places
- Reworked prisoner limit
- Chances for prisoner escape now depend on party morale
- Stopping pagan priests shouldn't result in a battle anymore
- Minor text corrections
- Adjust prisoner limits
- Stochastic triggers
- NPC faces
- New feature: "Make capturing ships possible"
- New feature: "Add info about current weather in the camp menu"
Mount & Blade Warband is not a beautiful game. Its graphicsability is low. It is, to borrow from the teachings of Daphne & Celeste, without an alibi. On the plus side, it can run on pretty much any recent system without dropping to a single-digit FPS, or refusing to load faces. So, you know, there's that.
Despite its looks, it's an absolutely brilliant RPG-cum-strategy—filled with a multitude of freeform, sandbox options. And now it's getting a Viking expansion, courtesy of the creators of the popular Brytenwalda mod.
Here, then, is a new trailer for that expansion, which is due out "soon". Check that sweet boat tech!
Nope, don't worry, you haven't slipped back through a time portal to four years ago. Or, at least, if you have, it isn't because of this news. The 2010 strategy RPG Mount & Blade: Warband is getting another DLC expansion. Viking Conquest is set around Britain, Norway and Denmark, and features a single-player storyline, the traditional sandbox mode and new multiplayer game types.
If you're worried that this will further extend the agonising wait until the release of Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlords, rest easy. The DLC is being tackled by the makers of M&B: Warband's superb Brytenwalda mod—leaving TaleWorlds to continue working away at the sequel.
The expansion will be releasing into early access "soon". There's little in the way of additional details, but you can see some seafaring screenshots below.