With version v.184.108.40.206 Dark Water Studios' DogFighter unveils support for Saitek X52 and X52 Pro Flight Control System (massive shout-out to the awesome guys, Chris Shallcross in particular, at Saitek for making this happen!), legacy PhysX support (2.8.3) for non-SSE2 systems, as well as a number of bug-fixes, tweaks and changes (full details below).
Happy hunting, hot-shots!
-Dark Water Studios Dev Team.
Change Log: 18.November.2010
- Authentication can time out now (Server/Dedicated Server)
- More detailed failure reasons in result codes
- More/better log entries for connection failures
- More/better log entries for invalid network packets
- More detailed messages why connect failed
- STEAM_BUFFERED_MESSAGES now contain a CRC which is validated on receive
- Disconnect messages now all carry a reason field
- Diagnostic code which dumps a STEAM_BUFFERED_MESSAGE in case of an error in structure/CRC
- +exit_on_bad_packet option to easier find bad packets (Server/Dedicated Server)
- iePhysXLegacy module (based on PhysX 2.8.3 SDK) to provide support for non-SSE2 systems
- ReadyToSpawn Event for GUI
- More/better log entries for graphics device initialisation issues
- More/better log entries for graphics thread initialisation issues
- Added "resetting to defaults" in XBox joypad settings tab
- Daniel Mueller as a Bot Name.
- Added 'back' button tracing in main menu
- All 'start game wizard menus' go just one step back instead of re-setting to main screen and all help info menu panels keep all help menu items visible
- Added new Tournament Ace info into main menu
- File integrity check didn't use proper file share mode
- Several message boxes switched off (Dedicated Server)
- Bot blackboard idle in empty frames
- Sleep interval for server was wrong causing high CPU load (Server/Dedicated Server)
- Removed assert for isValidMessage and added more diagnostic code
- Server disconnects player when player info is not replied in a specific timeout (Server/Dedicated Server)
- Endless loop when player connect timeout happening (Server/Dedicated Server)
- P2P disconnects can now be disabled in config
- Clearing pending wait for fire on end round
- Player could be kicked on end round on full servers
- Major HUD refactoring/overhaul
- Tournament Mode now unlocking ACE.
- Additional Exceeding-Max-Altitude Checks for Bots.
- Obstacle Avoidance while bots attempt to grab enemy flag improved.
- Tutorial text referencing incorrect buttons for boost and camera.
- Removed Hellfire from Rocket Arena
- Removed Vulcan from Bullet Arena
- Enabled tutorial menu item for demo (fixed all enabling/disabling single-player menu items)
- Fixed bug with respawning when pressed spacebar during chatting
- Fixed scoreboard flickering in FreeFlight
- Fixed hidden 5th action in tournament in all tiers
- Fixed problem of missing screen at the end of the round when re-setting to new round
- One-button toggle camera between 1st and 3rd view functionality restored
- Fixed HUD and flash scripts relating leaderboard/lobby screen displaying logic
- Rearranged order of data in SendBuffer to assure proper data alignment
- Added code so that wait for fire to start is cancelled when required and pending event handler is unregistered
- BotIdleCTF using short term memory for targeting like non-ctf modes.
- BotBodyGuardCTF cleaned up maintain ideal distance, and patrol range.
- Seekers are now less random, search angle and search distance reduced.
- Removed smoke system from centre of Volcano