Product Update - Valve
SEv2 Update 1.06: 20th August 2012
- New multiplayer mode : Capture The Flag, available for all multiplayer maps.
- New multiplayer map: Inferno.
- Fixed player names sometimes failing to display on leaderboard screens.
- Fixed frontend cutscenes failing to play after some multiplayer lobby errors.
- (Dedicated server) Fixed setting of passwords.
- (Dedicated server) Fixed game type reporting when listing map rotation.
- Fixed scores shown on Steam server info dialog.
- Fixed co-op difficulty sometimes changing from the chosen setting on starting the game.
- When setting a password on creating a multiplayer game, it's no longer necessary to hit Enter before selecting the Accept button.
- The default multiplayer gametype is now Team Deathmatch.
- Fixed weapon description failing to update on the in-game loadout menu.
- Fixed players sometimes wrongly entering the co-op lobby screen on joining multiplayer through invites or Steam player lists.
- Fixed blank lobby names sometimes being set on player-hosted multiplayer games.
- Fixed some objects being possible to see through by crawling right up to them in scope view.
- Fixed lobby error messages failing to display after being invited to a game.
- Fixed player gaining a point for shooting an enemy-placed explosive.
- Fixed some instances of tag assists being registered multiple times.
- Stop players swapping teams when the opposing team is already full.
- Fixed some very long chat strings being cut off.
- Voice chat is limited to the players' own team in appropriate multiplayer games.
- Fixed AI enemies sometimes appearing in arbitrary idle animations when being carried by the player.
- Self-tagged scoped kills stat is now correctly tracked in team-based multiplayer games.
- Fixed no-cross objects sometimes appearing in unsupported game modes.
If you encounter problems, please contact us on: Sev2_support@rebellion.co.uk
SEv2 Update 1.05: 18th July 2012
- New multiplayer map: "Kaiser-Friedrich Museum" available for all game modes, including "No Cross".
- No Cross game setting added, which keeps teams on their own half of the map. All maps updated to support this rule.
- Extended the amount of ammo that can be carried by the player from clip+30 to clip+60.
- Added Benchmark option under the Extras menu. This will run a benchmark test scene and display the average frame-rate for the current display settings, as well as saving a more detailed log file to the user's Documents folder.
- Added menu buttons for muting players.
- "One Shot Kills" setting now only applies to rifles in Multiplayer.
- Occasional fail in "Kill notification" when two players kill each other at the same time in Multiplayer.
- "Kill Hitler" DLC - Russian mission briefing text was being displayed in English. Now in Russian.
- Auto balance notifications in Multiplayer were not appearing for all clients. Now fixed.
- Improved quality of Compute Shader depth of field effect.
- Optimised rendering of sunlight cascade shadow maps.
- Fixed bug with changing resolution while HD3D is enabled.
- Fixed player automatically respawning if multiplayer loadout is changed while dead.
- Accepting a game invite from the key bindings screen now works correctly.
- Fixed exploit where scope-aiming while on stairs would be from above the characters head.
- When new challenge DLC is installed, icons will display on the menu showing the options to follow to access it.
- Fixed players who have timed out occasionally spawning an actor anyway.
- Invites to passworded lobbies will now give the user an opportunity to enter the password regardless of which menu they accepted the invite from.
- Fixed scoreboard occasionally failing to sort correctly after a kill just before the time limit expires.
- Death cam no longer tracks targets that are obscured by scenery.
- Player connected/disconnected messages and team change messages now cleared after a short time.
- Autobalanced players will no longer show as a member of their new team on their final death for their old team.
- Vote kick console command now supports spaces in usernames.
- Vote calling limited to once every 70 seconds.
- Added separate server options to enable and disable grenades, land mines, trip mines and dynamite (replacing the option to enable/disable all items).
- Players in team multiplayer modes now tend to spawn closer to their teammates.
- Reduced the amplitude of breathing sound effects when in binocular mode.
Dedicated Server improvements:
- Kick feature now available to remove players based on ping. The command is Settings.MaxLatency. Users should read the command reference for further information.
- Setting dedicated server ports from the comand line now working.
- Print more information when clients are rejected due to steam authentication failures
- Print the location of the ban file when read from disc
- Added Lobby.StartTimer command for setting the duration of the lobby countdown timer (or disabling it)
If you encounter problems, please contact us on: Sev2_support@rebellion.co.uk.