Hello Blocksters! We want to say Merry Christmas to all of you! We were so proud to be part with Blockstorm in current Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam 2017. 100% of proceeds go to charity so if you hadn't the chance to check it you may want to do it now!
We also want to remind you that Stayin' Alive is now available on the Steam Store for a special launch price!
Join the frantic fun and take part in this surreal match between life and death.
Play as a Suicider: craft lethal tools and try to die!
Play as a Savior: cure, sedate and finally isolate the Suiciders!
From 1vs1 to 4vs4 online multiplayer
No friends online? Play against bots
Private online rooms for your special needs
Three maps to start with: Staying Well, Hospital and Catacomb
Experience points and levels to show who's the boss
Steam Cards and Achievements to rank up your profile (Cards distribution will start in the next hours)
We launched our new official Workshop servers. Workshop servers are ranked like any other official server. This means that if you join them, your score and your achievements will be updated during the match.
Workshop servers periodically download the most voted and the most trending maps (according to Steam) in our community workshop and make them available to play online in dedicated servers. Most appreciated maps (that is, maps that are mostly played till the end of the match by users) have a higher priority to be selected in the following matches. On the other end, maps that are not enjoyed by users (by quitting the match or not voting them) are automatically discarded.
We hope you'll be glad to see your custom maps in ranked servers too. Soo.. have a nice fight and may the best win!
- [Editor] Added support for tinted blocks. Now, when you place a block, you could also specify a color - [Editor] Added plain white block - [Editor] Added white version of some legacy blocks, in order to allow the tint feature.
- [Workshop] When you update an item, you could choose if overwrite or not its description on Steam Workshop
- [Fix] Barrels and Propan explosion behaviour was different based on angle of placement in the map - [Fix] Fixed an issue with falling objects physics - [Fix] Fixed an issue with falling objects graphics - [Fix] Fixed an issue with grenade physics - [Fix] Fixed an issue with weekly leaderboards - [Fix] Transparent blocks and Arcablock are rendered correctly also in nightly environments - [Fix] Mouse/Pad sensitivity in Key Settings UI now shows a numeric value - [Fix] Minor fixes
- [Editor] Added Mecha Editor - [Editor] Added a Sci-Fi blocks pack - [Editor] Additional space for custom weapon construction - [Editor] Removed magazine from MP5 and AK47 minimum skeletons
- [GUI] It is possible to disable custom weapons skins or custom mechas from the in-game "Players" menu
- [Input] Minimum mouse sensitivity decreased
- [Weapon] MP5 weight was lowered to 4.5 Kg
- [Fix] Server freezes fixed - [Fix] Sometimes anti-aliasing was enabled also when explicitely deactivated - [Fix] Fixed a bug inside voxel raycasting code - [Fix] Fixed a bug in character preview panel - [Fix] Now you can add blocks directly on sand (under water) - [Fix] The shader of the equipment platform was broken on Mac Os X - [Fix] Grenades were doing crazy jumps when intersecting spawn points - [Fix] Fixed a bug in the target threshold in Hunt mode - [Fix] Minor fixes
PROVE THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST PLAYER IN BLOCKSTORM AND WIN!
Every week we’ll reward the top 10 players with an Indiegala Every Monday Bundle!
What’s the “Blockstorm Reward” initiative?
The “Blockstorm Reward” initiative will award every week the top 10 players of Blockstorm. Every Monday we’ll check the weekly leaderboards in every game mode and the 10 best players who played between 00:00 UTC until Sunday 23:59 UTC of the past week will get the prize.
What kind of reward will I receive?
Every winner will get an Every Monday Bundle, ONLY the current Every Monday Bundle at that time. If you are one of the winner, you will be immediately able to redeem your prize so if you will press “Get your Prize” button in your account you will get the current Monday bundle at the time.
How can I get this reward?
It’s simple! - Play at your best and get in the top 10 weekly ranking - An Indiegala profile (if you don’t have one go to www.indiegala.com and sign up) - Connect your Indiegala account to your Steam profile (first time only needed) - Press the button “Get your Prize” in your account and enjoy your bundle!
When can I get my prize?
You will be able to redeem your bundle from Monday 00:00 UTC till Sunday 23:59 UTC. Please keep in mind that when you redeem your bundle, you will get the ONLY the current Every Monday Bundle at that time. If you will not redeem your prize, you will lose the chance to get it when the leaderboards will be reset.
A new bug-fix update is out. In this update we also included the possibility to play music in-game (disabled by default).
Of course, we are still working on the *special* vehicle, which will be introduced in the next update. Soon we will reveal some additional details on such vehicle.
- [Music] Music could be enabled (from the settings panel -> audio settings) to play in-game - [Music] More music tracks are present in-game
- [General] Better networking synchronization of player positions - [General] "Quick match" prioritizes official servers - [General] A Hunt match now ends when the amount of collected Blocktanium reaches a certain threshold
- [GUI] Full log is shown when the chat input is opened - [GUI] "skin" is written on the skin button - [GUI] "Saved successfully."/error message is shown when saving - [GUI] Better graphics inside "Quick match" panel
- [Fix] Fixed Master Server list, crashing or not showing on some clients - [Fix] Fixed character preview rotation - [Fix] Fixed Slim Turret orientation - [Fix] Pad is disabled by default, so it should not spin randomly at start - [Fix] Fixed explosives at match restart - [Fix] Fixed flashlight at match restart - [Fix] NPCs were added multiple times in the prefab panel (map editor) - [Fix] Equipment stands were visible at a very high distance - [Fix] Downloaded assets are deleted also when hitting Alt-F4 - [Fix] Fixed an error on the target area panel - [Fix] Castle Battle team area was disappearing during build phase - [Fix] Last updated introduced some errors on Shovel behaviour - [Fix] Fixed Zombies' running animation - [Fix] Sometimes builtin NPCs prefabs were disappearing from the prefabs panel - [Fix] Fixed a bug in the HUD (a number was shown in the bottom-right corner of the screen in DM/TDM/AST game modes) - [Fix] Minor Fixes
I know that you know, but... it's official! Blockstorm will be officially released on Steam May 21, awesome! For this upcoming event, we would like to post tons of funny in-game screenshots! I've found some amazing stuff in the workshop, and it would be nice to receive some from you! Best screenshots will be posted on Blockstorm Facebook&Twitter page. (NO NUDITY- NO OFFENSIVE- NO RACIST. FUNNY NOT RUDE.)