Today we're pleased to bring you v2.1, which includes a number of fixes to BG:EE, BGII:EE, and the Siege of Dragonspear expansion. The full release notes are linked below, but here are the highlights:
- Difficulty options should now be preserved across saved games
- Using cloud saves should no longer cause game crashes in multiplayer
- Multiplayer in general should be more stable
We still have a few lingering issues to fix regarding multiplayer, as well as other areas of the game that need some more polish; those things will be addressed in one of our upcoming updates. In the meantime, enjoy this first batch of fixes!
This is our biggest update ever, and it applies to both Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. The full release notes are linked below. We have a lot of improvements planned in the coming weeks and months as well; stay tuned for more information!
- New Class: The Shaman
- New Cleric Kit: The Priest of Tyr
- Class Ability Tweak: Poison Weapon now scales with levels
- Item Tweak: Stupefier +1 has been adjusted to be more in line with the game's other equipment
- Spell Tweak: Enchanted Weapon now modifies the target's existing weapons
- Items can now be placed in the Off-Hand slot while ranged and two-handed weapons are equipped
- Steam Cloud Save support has been added (Steam only)
- Achievements have been added (Steam only)
- The User Interface has been overhauled with a new system
- Dozens of modder-friendly enhancements
- Hundreds of bug fixes
After many months of development, we are proud to bring you the 1.3 release for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. This update brings official support for Mac and Linux, as well as more than five-hundred bug fixes and dozens of gameplay enhancements. You can read our full 37-page release notes document on the official website, or download it directly here:
We hope you enjoy the changes we've made. Happy holidays!
We have been hard at work over the last several months finishing a major update to Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. The patch is being finalized now, and we'd like for you to see what's been done.
This update will add Mac and Linux support, as well as hundreds of fixes and dozens of gameplay improvements. We've created a beautiful 37-page Release Notes document detailing the improvements that have been made. You can download the release notes here: Download now
To activate the beta branch for the game, follow these steps:
1. In the Steam client, open the Library tab
2. Right-click on "Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition"
3. Select "Properties"
4. Select the "Beta" tab
5. Enter "IWantToTestBGII" in the field provided, then click Check Code
6. Select "updatetesting" from the drop-down
7. Close the Properties window, wait for the game to download the update, and enjoy the beta!