We recently launched Substance LIVE, which contains the whole software suite (just like the Indie Pack) but also has exclusive advantages such as a free monthly substance drop and access to beta builds! Check out this page for more info: https://www.allegorithmic.com/products/substance-live
The good news is that anyone who owns Substance Painter, Substance Designer 5 and Bitmap2material 3 through Steam is also considered a LIVE user. To get the extra goodies, you just have to retrieve your licenses on the Allegorithmic website.
Substance Designer 5 is now available for everybody!
You can get the upgrade now on Substance Designer 5's Product Page.
On top of the 33% discount for all users, owners of Substance Designer 4 get another 33% discount, bringing the upgrade price to $49 for a week only! After this week, the upgrade price will go back to a regular 50% pricepoint ($75).
This new major release includes new features such as a Pixel Processor node, Bevel node, Triplanar Projection, Blend and FX-Map nodes improvements, new Dependency Manager and awesome new Baking features!
You can now pre-orders and pre-upgrades with 33% off until the release date on March 4th. If you pre-order, you will have of course access to SD4 until the release of SD5.
You will have to create an account on our website and link your Steam account from your profile page before upgrading.
Note: Everyone who bought Substance Designer 4 after January 1st will get upgraded to 5 for free!
And finally, another exciting news: The revenue limit for the Indie version has been raised to
$100 000/year for all Allegorithmic software!
Automatic and continuous export - Allows you to see updates to your substance in real time in any hot-reload enabled software (Toolbag2, Unity, Maya, etc.)
sRGB/Linear switch both for 2D and 3D visualization.
New wear and tear filters
Environment map can be displayed in the viewport
Improve antialiasing in bakers
[Graph] Export outputs continuously
[3D View] display environment map in the viewport
[3D View] Allow to drag & drop images from the Library to the Viewport
[3D View] move the environment map/parameters to the scene parameters
[3D View] Handle rays going below the horizon in PBR shaders
[3D View] Control exposure instead of environment intensity
[2D View] switch to view image as srgb/linear
[Bakers] Improve antialiasing in bakers from high poly mesh
[Graph] Add the export output buttons in the graph toolbar
Deprecate the DirectX9 engine
[Bakers] World Space normal map is not look normalized
[Bakers] Baked map has a wrong name
[Bakers] Display material name instead of id index
[Bakers] UV to SVG: Grayscale Mode: Black is a valid ID.
[Bakers] Image resource not reloaded after baking update
[Bakers] Auto-normalization of baked height maps with cages
[Cooker] Wrong SBSAR code generation
[3D View] Default material is still visible when using the "view outputs in 3D view" function
[3D View] 3d view is empty
[3D View] 4k textures are always displayed in 2K
[3D View] Cubemaps loaded from HDR panoramas are downgraded to 8bpc
[Library] Default filters are not sorted correctly
[Explorer] Export with dependancies does not keep default library path
[Explorer] crash when moving a graph inside a package
[Explorer] Crash when reloading package
[Explorer] Crash when unloading a package
[Graph] Editing a FX-Map creates a "Parameter" tab
[Graph] adding nodes in a frame deselects currently selected nodes
[Graph] Duplicating a node display the graph parameters instead of the new node ones
[Mac] Thumbnails of subgraphs are not correctly rendered
[Parameters] Step option does not work
Pursuing our efforts to reach out to indie developers, our mission is not only to develop the most advanced and innovative texturing tools out there but also to democratize their use, by making them accessible to the wider community of artists and developers.
The Substance Indie Pack includes Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Bitmap2Material and 30 PBR Substances, all in Indie versions. You can use them for commercial purposes, as long as your company/entity doesnt generate more than 10 000$ per year.
Contains Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Bitmap2Material, and 30 substances included as a free DLC.
- Graph: Frames to group Nodes / Comment
- Graph: Action to create Inputs/Outputs nodes from node instance inputs/outputs connectors
- Explorer: export package with dependencies
- Explorer: Set Read Only files to a locked state in SD
- Explorer: Make "Close" action on package support multitple selection
- Explorer: Manage Version Control on packages
- Graph: delete unused nodes / clean graph
- 2D View: Reexport all outputs images
- 3D View: correct gamma management
- Gradient: delete key by moving it up only
- Bakers: new Bent normals baker
- Bakers: new Ambien Occlusion from mesh baker
- Bakers: bake multiple maps at once
- Bakers: Disable Ok button if high poly mesh is not set
- Bakers: Override or Rename resources with same name
- Bakers: use underscores instead of spaces in output file name
- Library: Add a condition "does not contain" in the filter definition
- Library: search by tags
- Parameters: TAB functionality in the parameter UI
- Use middle mouse button to close Tab Widget
- Console widget
- Add a F9 keyboard shortcut for the "Switch Engine" dialog
- Add aliases to custom library paths
** Bug Fix
- Crash when adding a new node after removing one just before
- Crash when using the create input/output feature on fxmaps
- Crash when creating graph inclusion cycles
- Crash when editing the value of a channel shuffle parameter that has been made into a constant
- Graph: Contextual menu spawned with Space bar is not sorted correctly
- Graph: Selection rectangle still displayed after Space menu displayed
- Graph: actions still gray when doing a checkout on package
- Engine build numbers are reported as 0 in the Switch engine dialog box
- Library: Performance Issue
- Preferences: "View outputs when opening graphs" does not work anymore
- Cannot go into the function graph of a parameter
- When opening ReadOnly packages, some modification actions are still available
- Bakers: loading a file containing "." in the name generate an error
- Bakers: Connectivity problem on fbx second UV
- Performance issue when linking PSD file
- 3D View: PBR shader does not set the default environment map
- Unable to export grayscale TGA in non indexed format
- [Mac Only] Pick color feature is broken / crash
- [Mac Only] Gradient Color picker don't get the right color