TWO MILLION players have now enjoyed Prison Architect. We are flabbergasted. We would like to thank every single one of you from the bottom of our hearts, for making this such a dream project.
After six years of development including over 40 monthly updates, this is the final content update for Prison Architect and the final video. We will of course continue fixing bugs and providing support. We are going to take a break for a little while, but we will be back soon with our next game.
Developer Tools and Cheats Developer tools and cheats, seen in some of the alpha videos, are now available to everyone.
A new option is shown when creating a new map, "Enable Cheats". This is prison specific and cannot be disabled later.
- All construction occurs immediately
- A new 'Spawn' toolbar button permits instant creation of any game object for zero cost
- Water can be placed like any other material
- Research in the bureaucracy screen can be sped up by holding down the right mouse button on the item
The Function keys now perform debug services:
F1 Edit world properties (Very easy to crash/ruin the game)
F3 Script Debugger
F4 Dialog Editor
F5 Sound Editor
F6 Sprite Bank Editor for Needs icons
F7 Sprite Bank Editor for User Interface icons
F8 Sprite Bank Editor for Game Sprites
F9 Debug rendering options
F11 Enlarge Map in All Directions
- Cheat prisons do not allow achievement unlocks
- Cheat prisons cannot be sold for profit.
Policy Window (continued) You can now set which misbehaviours warrant an increase or decrease in prisoner security.
For example, murder can be set to immediately make a prisoner Max-Sec.
You can now disable the cell quality checks that determine which cells a prisoner can be assigned to.
When enabled, prisoners who misbehave will not be assigned to a nice cell, even if that nice cell is the only one available.
When disabled, prisoners will always be assigned to free cells if that is all that is available.
Modding System (continued) - Added World.NumPrisoners and World.Capacity. These return tables containing the current number of prisoners
and the total number of cells in each security rating respectively.
- Added ability to use markers in object tooltip strings (via objectTable.Tooltip). See lua_function_list.txt
- Localisations: All languages updated.
BUG FIXES - Jobs to construct walls are now visible while designating rooms.
- Fix for reliability of + button in Build Toolbar
- Delivery Truck drivers no longer counted in Staff Reports
- Utilities Room in Quick Build no longer uses the default sprite
- Objects that can't be rotated are no longer rotated if part of a Quick Build
- Staff inside gang controlled areas can now be sacked
- 0010930: [AI & Behaviour] Death row prisoners show up as max security (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011077: [Other] Name in Game Tier issue (John) - resolved.
- 0011091: [Control & User Interface] Clicking where the taskbar is located shows the taskbar in windows 10 anniversary update (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0011119: [Gameplay] The issue with taking Death row prisoners. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010968: [Performance] Random crash.Especially during the riot or taser fighting (John) - resolved.
- 0011017: [Control & User Interface] [v2preview] crash when viewing "stolen from" (John) - resolved.
- 0010921: [AI & Behaviour] Freetime broken (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011032: [Control & User Interface] wrong Japanese translation (John) - resolved.
- 0011052: [Gameplay] Quickbuild "luxury cell" and common room not updated for v2.0 tv behavior. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010191: [AI & Behaviour] Dead armed guards will not stop moving when put in Hearse. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011060: [Control & User Interface] Ability to disable the automatic prisoner security change. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0007196: [Control & User Interface] Inmate Nutrition Research Grammar (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011170: [AI & Behaviour] Several security-restricted reception rooms do not work (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011168: [AI & Behaviour] Visitation does not satisfy family need. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010829: [Gameplay] Extension to automatic Security Risk re-assignment (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0003491: [Control & User Interface] I need more intake in order to keep the Prison profitable (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011129: [Platform Specific Issues] Windows 10 Taskbar vs PA Toolbar (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0009331: [Gameplay] Execution Lockdown fails to complete (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011135: [Gameplay] Freedom need not satisfied by yard (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011150: [AI & Behaviour] Confidential Informants Get Stuck In Security Room (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011106: [Control & User Interface] Micromanagement bug - no teacher exists while he does. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011145: [Control & User Interface] Screen focus shifts while in Informants view mode (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011158: [Control & User Interface] Cannot switch from Dump to Dismantle in Context Menu (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011160: [Gameplay] National guard should cancel lockdown before entering the prison (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011105: [AI & Behaviour] Cell doors are open during Work/Lockup regime (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011120: [Mod System] [Bug] Using "Interface.RemoveComponent()" extends the menu window height instead of shortening (elDiablo) - resolved.
- 0011068: [Control & User Interface] Nasty new problems with Interface Buttons on objects (elDiablo) - resolved.
- 0011097: [Mod System] Make the amount of prisoners per Security Level and the amount available/total cells per Security level accessible for mods (elDiablo) - resolved.
- 0010996: [AI & Behaviour] (Version 2 preview) Prisoners in solitary aren't using toilets/showers even though their needs are high (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011104: [Gameplay] Prisoners sniffed by dog and searched once deposited in solitary never start serving their punishment (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011136: [AI & Behaviour] Food tray redistribution (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011124: [Gameplay] The new suprise minsec legendary gangleader event didn't actually make the prisoner a gang leader (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011133: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners get stuck when sent to solitary (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011132: [Gameplay] Object duplication with high-priority jobs (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011014: [Save & Load] SectorSystem check keeps reverting changes (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011131: [Gameplay] Snipers bug. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011046: [Control & User Interface] Confidential informants screen misplaced (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010521: [AI & Behaviour] Families wont visit causing lots of fights (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011126: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners fail to satisfy "Literacy" need despite having library books (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011087: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners taken to medical beds are not healed or returned to cells (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010998: [Control & User Interface] "Total Prisoners" intake always selects maximum number of inmates regardless of number set (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0011071: [AI & Behaviour] Stacking babies in a single stack (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011075: [Gameplay] Mother visited by her 0yr. old child (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011092: [Gameplay] Certain events should not occour before the player has unlocked what (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011030: [Control & User Interface] v2 Reg Doors cannot be locked open (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011081: [AI & Behaviour] Snipers target same prisoner (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011058: [Gameplay] Mayor does not require large TV removal (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011079: [Gameplay] Cell Grading for Dormitories bugged with more than 1 Occupants. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011067: [Gameplay] Random items appearing on todo list. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011003: [Gameplay] Agitating radio broadcasts wont stop (Icepick) - resolved.
This update is on a steam branch, meaning it will not automatically download. You must manually switch to that branch to see this new version. - Right click on Prison Architect in your games list
- Click 'Properties'
- Click 'Betas'
- Select 'v2preview' from the list. (Restart steam if it doesn't show up)
- The update will then download.
This is a preview build of the v2.0 features that we are properly launching next month. There may be a couple of bugs and glitches in this bad boy so only dl if you are proper brave.....
New improved User Interface Many user interfaces have been redesigned to be clearer, more consistent, and better looking.
- Improved Build toolbar
New look build toolbar for with much cleaner icons and graphics
Toolbar now filters out locked items by default, leading to simpler menus in early game (Click + to reveal all)
The Room toolbar now highlights room types when you mouse over them
Help tooltips have been added to many of the toolbar menus
- Tooltip sizes made more consistent and screen friendly across the board
- New Context Menu
Click on any object or entity to bring up the context menu
Allows for quick context sensitive actions
Prisoner Rap sheet now auto-follows prisoners
All construction work is now covered by a global UNDO button at the bottom right of the screen
Click UNDO to gradually reverse any decisions you have made, and receive a full refund
Nb. UNDO button is only shown when using the toolbar for foundations, materials, objects, utilities etc.
- Research/bureaucracy screen improved to look better
- Patrols interface improved for clarity
- Pipe and water rendering improved for clarity
- Informants window improved by moving the list to the right of the screen and making it smaller
- Logistics views now more consistent, showing only objects and entities relevant to each view.
Eg Food logistics now shows everything relevent to food: Ingredients, meals, chefs, prisoners working in the kitchen
- Nb. All of the new GUI features can be disabled through Main Menu -> Options -> Game -> Version 2.0 GUI tickbox
- Zoom to mouse
Nb. Can be disabled through Main Menu -> Options -> Game -> Zoom to mouse.
Modding System (continued)
- 'Infinite' mod loading
The game now supports many more simultanious graphical mods than before
It achieves this by gradually increasing the size of the graphics tileset, until your graphics card itself hits its limit
In general users should find they can now activate a great deal more mods before any problems occur
In addition, when the limit is reached you will now receive a warning/error message. (Previously it just started misbehaving)
- Mods with spritesheets larger than 1024x1024 are now supported
- Lua World Scripts
Each mod can now have a data/world.lua script file, which should contain both Init() and Update( timePassed ) functions.
This script is initialised on World initialisation (for both new maps and loaded save games) and Updated on each World update.
Variables set in the "this" or "World" tables will be cast to strings and persist in the save game.
Variables are loaded after Init and before the first call to Update.
- Mods can now have their own sounds.txt file, containing only new/modified sounds.
These will override base data in the same way as other mod files.
- Added Update button to Prison Sharing menu.
Allows any published prison to be updated with the prison that you are currently playing.
- Fixed a bug in the lua scripting system that would try to cast boolean strings (in lua) to a bool (in c++).
New game content - New events
CI list leak
- TVs now broadcast over an area (3x3, shown as a green box).
Prisoners sitting within the viewing area can watch TV and thereby have their recreation needs taken care of.
Nb. Prisoners can be doing other things at the same time, eg eating in the canteen.
- New item: Large TV.
Has a larger viewing area and can easily provide Recreation to an entire room.
Be sure to provide lots of seating spaces.
- Radios now passively broadcast to the entire room.
Any prisoners in a room with a radio are slightly less bored, so get a small reduction to their Recreation needs.
- New item: Arcade Cabinet
Two inmates can play games on an arcade cabinet at the same time
- New Contraband menu option: 'Stolen From'
Shows the location each item of contraband was stolen from, rather than where it was ultimately recovered
Shows 7 days of contraband history.
This is very handy for finding which of your rooms is lacking security
Also easily reveals where contraband is being thrown into your prison.
- New Regime options
Added a 'Work/Lockup' regime type. Treats prisoners who aren't working as being on a Lockup regime instead of free time.
The standard Work regime has been renamed to 'Work/Freetime'
- Dead entities now have their cause of death displayed in their tooltip
- Prisoners without jail cells now show the reason why in their tooltip
- Family cells that are in their own block, separate from other prisoner housing, will form a single sector
- The 'Names in the Game' database can now be manually updated from the Extras | Name in Game menu.
- Updates to all translations to bring all languages up to v2.0.
BUG FIXES - Fixed: A gang would never receive a new leader, if its previous leader was killed and left the map.
- Fix for Intake System to ensure that the correct number of prisoners are taken
- 0010443: [AI & Behaviour] Family cells do not form a continuous cell block
- 0010559: [Mod System] Changing WorldCell "Ind" property always sets to false
- 0009556: [Mod System] Lua: Triggered property sometimes a string, sometimes a number, sometimes boolean
- 0003033: [Save & Load] Steam Workshop Update not possible
- 0009729: [Mod System] Sprites.png: 1024x1024 size not working
- 0010882: [Mod System] Sprite.png size limitations cause compatibility issues with mods
- 0010290: [Mod System] Sprite Limits
- 0009618: [Mod System] sprites.png: current approach necessary but not sufficient
TWO BRAND NEW GAME PROTOTYPES Introducing 'Scanner Sombre' and 'Wrong Wire'
Skip forward to 22 minutes into the video, to see us demonstrate two of our (potentially) upcoming games. These are prototypes we have been developing in secret until now, and will form the basis of whatever comes next after Prison Architect. Please keep in mind that whilst we intend to continue supporting Prison Architect with updates for a very long time, we also intend to make new games, just as we have always done.
= Seasons and Weather - The game will now move through the seasons, with the outdoor temperature varying based on the time of year.
- Various weather patterns can occur during the game, varying based on the current season.
- Torrential rain (Special event, rare)
- Snow and frost
- Heatwave (special event, rare)
- Prisoners needs will be affected by the weather when they are outdoors. Getting rained on will spike their
comfort, clothing and warmth needs.
- Prisoners left outside in extremely cold conditions (for example in an outdoor solitary confinement cage)
can now die of exposure.
- Weather is DISABLED by default in all prisons, and can be enabled when creating a new map.
Alternatively, use the new "Map Settings" screen in the Extras menu.
= Map Settings You can now adjust the settings of your prison from a new screen called "Map Settings", found in the Extras menu.
This screen lets you enable certain options that may not have been enabled (or even available) when you first created the map.
Nb. You can enable these options, but you cannot disable them once enabled.
= Job Prioritisation - You can now mark any job as a high priority. Simple hold control and either
left click or left drag a selection to mark jobs. Available workers (who aren't
already on a high priority job) will stop what they are doing and be assigned
to the high priority job.
- If no workers are available, high priority jobs will take precedence when the
workers become available. A small icon in the lower right of a visible job shows
if it is marked as a high priority job.
- You can remove the high priority marking on jobs by holding control and either
right clicking or dragging a selection.
- Hovering over an in progress job will now highlight the entity working on it,
showing a red line leading to the worker responsible for the job.
- Pressing F while highlighting an in progress job will cause the camera to follow
the working entity and keep the highlight active.
= Performance Work (continued) Further performance gains were made this month through several different approaches to optimisation.
- More systems moved to overlap with Render().
- Optimisations to the visible object list builder.
- Singly linked lists mostly replaced with arrays (FastList).
- Avoid copying of containers where possible.
- NeedSystem optimised.
= Bug Fixes Temperature and lightmap system corruption bug fixed.
- 0010618: [Gameplay] Temperature next to fire is in the negatives
- 0010625: [Gameplay] Temperature drops instantly even in areas that should be producing heat
Having read the feedback, we think that we made the hot water pipes too fiddly for many players by requiring every shower head to be wired up to warm water to avert a riot of frigid prisoners.
We've now changed the system so that a hot shower is an optional luxury and gives a benefit to prisoners' well-being if you feel generous enough to provide it.
- If a shower head is connected to hot water, this will benefit prisoner's warmth and comfort needs. Cold showers no longer cause frigid effect.
- Hot water range increased.
- Hot water makes sinks work faster.
We focussed on performance this month, and achieved a speed boost of at least 50%.
This work is ongoing.
- Now defaulting to the VS2015 build, with the old VS2008 build still
available for Safe mode (Prison Architect Safe Mode.exe). This gives
a good speed improvement over the VS2008 version.
- Asynchronous job search system. Instead of synchronously looking for a job,
workers, guards, prisoners, doctors now place a request for a new job in a
queue. This queue is processed during render phase of the game loop so
shouldn't take up any time during the main game loop.
- Speed up rendering of the Feed Prisoners Objective. This was particularly
slow when their were a lot of hungry prisoners.
- Rebuild the indoor/outdoor shadow mask only when a cell changes its material
or indoor/outdoor status.
- New pipe type in the utilities view: Hot water pipes
These operate on a seperate layer to the existing pipes, and can be overlaid without conflict.
- New utility: Hot water boiler
Requires a large pipe connection of cold water, and a direct electrical connection
You can run hot water pipes from this boiler in any direction.
Nb. Water will lose heat the further it gets from the boiler.
- All radiators now require a hot water connection to function
- Showers can take cold water or hot water.
When supplied with hot water, showers will also reduce a prisoner's Warmth need
When supplied only with cold water will apply a Frigid effect, which acts as a kind of short-term surpression
while also spiking their Warmth and comfort needs.
3d mode has been discovered
This update we have improved 3d mode with new shapes, new shaders operating on all objects, and better wall geometry.
3d mode remains very experimental.
Known bug: The mouse position is wrong when using graphics/Supersampling.
Known bug: Long pauses caused by geometry changing, eg wall construction/demolition
- Thermodynamic map to use 16 bit number type to represent the temperature
instead of 8 bit. This fixes a bug with fire showing negative temperatures.
- 0010610: [Graphics] entire screen is black and white boxes
The game now models the ambient temperature of the world, and it's effect on your prisoners.
The outdoor temperature will vary during the day, and turn cold at night
The temperature of your indoor areas will be affected by this. Indoor areas near doors and windows will lose heat fast.
Certain existing objects generate lots of heat : Cookers (when in use), power stations, water pumps
- New toolbar button under Logistics : Temperature. Visualises the temperature of all areas of your prison
- Prisoners now have a Warmth need. This need increases when they are cold.
- They will protest if cold for too long, and eventually cause trouble.
- If prisoners are too hot for too long (for example working in a hot kitchen) they will develop a status effect "Overheating"
This makes them more likely to cause trouble
- New item : Radiator. Build these around your prison to warm up the indoors when required.
= Quick Build menu
The old "Clone" toolbar item has been replaced with a new "Quick Build" menu, with more options.
You can now pick from a set of template rooms, and stamp them dowm in your prison.
All neccesary foundations will be built (if required), and the area will be cleared of walls and objects.
Then your workmen will build all the walls and objects required.
The room type will be automatically assigned.
You can rotate a quick build room using R or middle mouse click.
Nb. Clone is now available in the Quick Build menu and no longer needs to be researched.
= New prison sharing options
- A new option in the Extras menu 'Most Popular Prisons' lets you view the most popular Steam Workshop prisons
You can choose to view the most popular over the last week/month/year/all time
Play the prison instantly by clicking Play
- We are now bundling 10 of the best community made prisons with all versions of the game.
These are designed for times when you have no internet connection, or are not running the Steam build (so no workshop access)
- You can now attach a Phone Tap to the Secure vistation booths added in Update 3.
This will give you more intelligence on contraband, escapes etc.
- New Translations:
Ukranian, Bulgarian, Traditional Chinese
= BUG FIXES
- 0010454: [Gameplay] Escape mode: Revive prisoners
- 0010333: [Gameplay] Fill to capacity improvement
- 0010588: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners can work and get paid even when job room is invalid
- 0009100: [AI & Behaviour] Mail delivered to solitary cell after inmate has left
- 0010566: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners do not use weight-benches
- 0010500: [Performance] Snipers in Guard Towers cause major lag.
- 0010567: [AI & Behaviour] Doctors get stuck while attempting to heal
- 0010539: [Gameplay] Saved game, crashes at same spot
- 0010519: [AI & Behaviour] Wrong delivered mail.
This month we start with a special demo of the console build of the game, showing off the completely redesigned interface.
Our new features:
Guard Towers + Snipers You can now build guard towers around your prison for an extra level of security, intimidation, and force.
- New entity type : Snipers
Hired from the staff menu.
These guys will equip themselves with a scoped sniper rifle from the armoury, if you have one.
They will then take turns manning the guard towers you have built.
- Snipers will project 'Suppression' to all prisoners within their line of sight.
- Rules of engagement
When snipers see trouble occuring, they will fire warning shots.
If three warning shots are ignored, they will shoot to kill.
If you have enabled "Freefire" they will always shoot to kill, without warning.
They will also shoot to kill if they see an escaping prisoner already outside the prison secure zone.
Secure Visitation Booths You can now build secure visitation booths in your visitation room if you choose, instead of the usual tables.
A secure visitation booth has a glass panel that seperates the inmate from the family member, and they use a phone to talk.
- No contraband can be imported through a totally secure visitation room
- However the inmates family needs will not be satisfied nearly as well
- Nb. There must be a complete seperation of visitors and inmates for a room to be considered secure.
Mod API updates Scripted interface buttons now correctly pass click callbacks to the script that created them.
This allows scripts to add interactions to other objects in the game world.
- Dormitories of 40 or more squares will now get their own sector for the purposes of guard deployment and security zoning
New Translations Japanese
Bug Fixes - Fixed: 2x3 Dormitories with a bunkbed will now correctly accept 2 prisoners
- 0010359: [AI & Behaviour] Doctors not treating during Virus Outbreak Event
- 0010445: [AI & Behaviour] Overdosed prisoners put in solitary instead of infirmary
- 0010477: [Gameplay] Intake System brings in wrong amounts of certain levels of prisoners
- 0010333: [Gameplay] Fill to capacity improvement
- 0010438: [Control & User Interface] CI window shows two % signs rather than one
- 0010352: [AI & Behaviour] Nasty change in the priority of the job assignment
- 0010461: [Gameplay] Contraband scan cooldown causing problems
- 0010459: [Control & User Interface] Suspicion percentage is displayed twice
- 0006604: [Control & User Interface] Double billing of reform programs
- 0010437: [AI & Behaviour] Multiple mailrooms do not work
- 0010480: [Gameplay] Intake not calculated properly
- 0008937: [Control & User Interface] Carpentry Apprenticeship
- 0010452: [Gameplay] Dormitories and adjacent rooms counts as one room
- 0010322: [Gameplay] Prisoners not being taken to Dormitories
- 0010298: [Gameplay] 2x3 dorms dont get extra prisoner space
- 0010472: [AI & Behaviour] Opened mail thrown throughout Holding Cell
- 0010453: [AI & Behaviour] Laundry taken from Dormitorys
- 0006883: [Mod System] Allow mods to augment the selected object popup
- 0010367: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners get ReadBook status and freeze in place
- 0010417: [Control & User Interface] Policy screen in female prisons says "HIM"
- 0010471: [AI & Behaviour] Laundry Room uniforms in odd piles
- 0010095: [Performance] One specific prison that has updated across mutiple alphas is experincing 1sec freezing every 10sec
- 0010468: [AI & Behaviour] Shower Drainage Behaviour Issues
- 0010370: [Performance] Extreme low FPS with many idle prisoners.
- 0010348: [Other] Open mails spawning from my inmates
Women's Prisons You can now choose the gender of your prisoners in the "New Prison" screen.
Female prisoners have different needs and behave differently than male prisoners.
- Children : Some female prisoners are mothers of young babies (less than two years old)
and are entitled to look after their baby during their stay in your prison.
This requires some new facilities - often called "MBUs (Mother and Baby Units)"
- Family Cell : A new type of cell for mothers with babies only.
Similar to a normal cell, but also requires a Cot and an integrated Shower.
Nb these cells will never be assigned to female prisoners without babies.
- Nursery : A shared room for all mothers to live in, typically isolated from the rest of the prison.
Mothers will spend much of their time in this room with their babies.
Requires cots and play mats for the babies.
- Mothers will eat their meals in this room, so it also requires a serving table, benches etc.
Your kitchens will be assigned to cook meals for the nurseries as if they were canteens.
Modding API (continued) - Added world and world cell data variables to the scripting API.
This includes getting the size of the world, time index, etc.
Setting these variables, however, is currently unsupported.
- A new interface scripting API has been included as well.
Mods can now add, remove, and change buttons in the BiographyWindow (shown when you select a non-prisoner object in the world), with callbacks to it's script.
- Modding in escape mode has also been improved by allowing player interaction on scripted objects.
A callback to the script is given when the player is close to an object and interacts with it.
- General performance enhancements, especially to laundry system.
New Translations Danish, Dutch, Hungarian, Thai
Bug Fixes - Needs.txt not loaded in correct order when using mods
- 0010162: [Gameplay] Surrendering in escape mode causes insane amounts of rep points / surrendering doesn't work
- 0010309: [Control & User Interface] [Prison Architect] Crash when opening confidential informant window
= Shared Cells - New room type: Dormitory
- New furniture: Bunk Beds
A Dormitory can house any number of prisoners, based on the number of beds installed
Dormitories can be small eg 2x3, replacing the normal Cell, allowing for two or more inmates to share a cell together
Or Dormitories can be large, with shared showers, toilets, phones, tvs, recreational facilities etc.
Better facilities will result in a higher room grading, which will have a positive effect on your inmates
= Prisoner Intake (continued) There are now several different modes of Intake that can be set for your prison
Choose your mode from the Intake report
- CLOSED No inmates will be brought to your prison
- FILL CAPACITY Inmates will be brought into your prison when available, until your available capacity is full
- TOTAL PRISONERS You set the total number of prisoners desired, and the Intake system works to fill that number
- NUM PER DAY You choose the number of prisoners to bring in each day (The old method)
- ALL All available prisoners will be brought in every day
= Escape mode (continued) Escape mode was deemed too easy and unbalanced, and several features have been nerfed.
- Damage done to a prison and its staff is now repaired automatically,
once the player surrenders or is knocked out.
- All staff killed are replaced with new hires
- All fires are extinguished
- Burnt down walls now get construction jobs created to replace them
- All ranged weapons now have limited ammo.
Nb you can press G to drop the current weapon.
- Shotgun : 6 shots
- Pistol : 6 shots
- Tazer : 1 shot
- Assault rifle : 30 shots
- If you steal an item from a room, there is now a three hour timer before that item can be stolen again from that room.
This will put a stop to whole teams of escapees stealing knives from the kitchen.
Nb these timers end instantly when the player surrenders or is knocked out.
- Reputations rebalanced
- Skilled fighter: chance to disarm opponent now reduced to 20% per hit, down from 30%
- Extremely deadly: chance to kill reduced to 15% per hit, down from 30%
- Ranged weapons are no longer made more powerfull by the Strong/Deadly reputations
- Ranged weapons no longer disarm opponents when the attacker has the Skilled Fighter rep
- Improved game over screen to stack up victims in the same way as the intake report's prisoner preview.
- Gangs rebalanced Rebalanced the chances of gang members and leaders arriving,
to make gangs a more likely occurance.
- Doubled the chances of receiving gang members at intake
- The chance of an incoming gang member being a leader is now much higher
- The probability of receiving a gang leader also increases as the size of the gang increases.
- New translations Greek, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish, Spanish, Portuguese
= BUG FIXES - no more saving on escape mode gameover screen
- Items still loaded on trucks dont get search jobs during shakedown
- deployment menu has the correct default selected based on your research
- fog of war turns on sooner on GABOS level
- error sound only plays once when unable to afford objects
Changes in Version 1.0:
Campaign Story The perfect place to start for new players.
Chapter 1 : Death Row (The Introduction from the Alpha)
Chapter 2 : Palermo
Chapter 3 : GABOS
Chapter 4 : Conviction
Chapter 5 : Bootstraps
Escape Mode You can now load any prison, and attempt to escape from it, in this brand new game mode.
Steam customers can load any Steam Workshop prison, or even use the 'Random'
button to be sent to a random steam workshop prison. (Experimental)
There is a 'HELP' button that you can click on, in the bottom right of the screen.
Use WASD to move around, and aim with the mouse.
- You can steal weapons and tools from all the rooms you'd expect.
- Stash your contraband to avoid being caught
- Earn Reputation points by starting fights and smashing up furniture.
You will receive bonuses for knocking people unconcious, and additional bonuses for kills.
Spend those points to upgrade your character with any of these reputations:
Strong You hit harder
Tough You can take more hits
Deadly You have a chance to kill with one hit
Quick You can run faster (hold SHIFT)
Instigator Nearby prisoners will fight when you do
Skilled Fighter You can disarm opponents
- You can also spend rep points to recruit other prisoners to your group.
They will follow you around and will assist during fights.
- If you have a digging tool you can dig an escape tunnel from the toilet in your cell.
- Win the game by escaping with your entire team.
Collectables There are two types of collectable item in the game.
As you discover them they will be added to the Extras menu.
- Polaroids : All story based polaroids. Some are shown during cutscenes.
Some only occur in the sandbox and must be found.
- Game Bible : The game design notebook has been scanned and can now be found
throughout your prison. Keep your eyes out for scraps of paper on the floor within the sandbox.
Click on those scraps to unlock another page.
Special Wardens You can now select from one of six wardens, when creating a new prison.
Each Warden brings a special ability to the game.
- The Warden : The default warden, offers no special abilities.
- The Lobbyist : Halves likelyhood of Violent/Lethal/Deadly inmates arriving
- Rita : Diminishes effect of Stoical / Fearless. Doubles effect of Suppression.
- J.W.Periwinkle : Guard dogs have a 50% chance to immediately uncover tunnels
- The Pacifier : Permanent 25 point reduction in prison temperature
- Saphara Acknova: Corruption! Receives a backhand payment for all contraband found
Translations We are working to translate the game into as many languages as possible.
More languages will be coming in the first update.
We currently have translations for:
English, Czech, Finnish, French, German,
Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish,
Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
Education grant (continued) The education grant has been rebalanced and made easier.
You now need 10 prisoners to pass the foundation course, and 1 prisoner to pass the general education course.
Event System (continued) The event system has been rebalanced and is now much less destructive.
Specifically, the 'politician demand' event and the 'Virus outbreak' event have been nerfed.
Events occur far less frequently.
Many other small tweaks to make the event system better.
BUG FIXES Hundreds of fixes and improvements were added in the run up to v1.0.
In addition, the following Mantis bugs were fixed:
- 0002935: [Gameplay] Guard dogs kill prisoners (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009914: [AI & Behaviour] Doctors Wont Heal Sick Prisoners. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009911: [Gameplay] 'Virus Outbreak' event is near 'unbeatable' (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009970: [Gameplay] Perimeter walls cannot be rebuilt after events (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0005691: [Graphics] Unconscious prisoners appear as a black box on screen when in a medical bed. (supersampling fault?) (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009954: [Save & Load] Virus outbreak not saved (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009931: [Control & User Interface] Gang members not displayed in gang view (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008149: [AI & Behaviour] Dead parole lawyer won't be taken away from morgue to hearse (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009891: [AI & Behaviour] Dead prisoners pile up in Infirmary (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009924: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners developing extra hands during combat when handcuffed - (and killing an impossibly high number of gaurds) (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009826: [Other] Internal Clock error (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0006453: [Other] Bankruptcy timer runs out in less than 24 hours (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0007397: [AI & Behaviour] Lockdown/Solitary timers run at different rate to game clock (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009912: [Gameplay] Federal witness countdown is lost after reloading game (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009926: [Graphics] Empty tray being fed (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009938: [Graphics] Maximum Safe Capacity unreadable (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009915: [AI & Behaviour] Sick prisoners are completely ignored by doctors and paramedics (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009890: [Gameplay] federal witness in death row (Icepick) - resolved.