TWO BRAND NEW GAME PROTOTYPES Introducing 'Scanner Sombre' and 'Wrong Wire'
Skip forward to 22 minutes into the video, to see us demonstrate two of our (potentially) upcoming games. These are prototypes we have been developing in secret until now, and will form the basis of whatever comes next after Prison Architect. Please keep in mind that whilst we intend to continue supporting Prison Architect with updates for a very long time, we also intend to make new games, just as we have always done.
= Seasons and Weather - The game will now move through the seasons, with the outdoor temperature varying based on the time of year.
- Various weather patterns can occur during the game, varying based on the current season.
- Torrential rain (Special event, rare)
- Snow and frost
- Heatwave (special event, rare)
- Prisoners needs will be affected by the weather when they are outdoors. Getting rained on will spike their
comfort, clothing and warmth needs.
- Prisoners left outside in extremely cold conditions (for example in an outdoor solitary confinement cage)
can now die of exposure.
- Weather is DISABLED by default in all prisons, and can be enabled when creating a new map.
Alternatively, use the new "Map Settings" screen in the Extras menu.
= Map Settings You can now adjust the settings of your prison from a new screen called "Map Settings", found in the Extras menu.
This screen lets you enable certain options that may not have been enabled (or even available) when you first created the map.
Nb. You can enable these options, but you cannot disable them once enabled.
= Job Prioritisation - You can now mark any job as a high priority. Simple hold control and either
left click or left drag a selection to mark jobs. Available workers (who aren't
already on a high priority job) will stop what they are doing and be assigned
to the high priority job.
- If no workers are available, high priority jobs will take precedence when the
workers become available. A small icon in the lower right of a visible job shows
if it is marked as a high priority job.
- You can remove the high priority marking on jobs by holding control and either
right clicking or dragging a selection.
- Hovering over an in progress job will now highlight the entity working on it,
showing a red line leading to the worker responsible for the job.
- Pressing F while highlighting an in progress job will cause the camera to follow
the working entity and keep the highlight active.
= Performance Work (continued) Further performance gains were made this month through several different approaches to optimisation.
- More systems moved to overlap with Render().
- Optimisations to the visible object list builder.
- Singly linked lists mostly replaced with arrays (FastList).
- Avoid copying of containers where possible.
- NeedSystem optimised.
= Bug Fixes Temperature and lightmap system corruption bug fixed.
- 0010618: [Gameplay] Temperature next to fire is in the negatives
- 0010625: [Gameplay] Temperature drops instantly even in areas that should be producing heat
Having read the feedback, we think that we made the hot water pipes too fiddly for many players by requiring every shower head to be wired up to warm water to avert a riot of frigid prisoners.
We've now changed the system so that a hot shower is an optional luxury and gives a benefit to prisoners' well-being if you feel generous enough to provide it.
- If a shower head is connected to hot water, this will benefit prisoner's warmth and comfort needs. Cold showers no longer cause frigid effect.
- Hot water range increased.
- Hot water makes sinks work faster.
We focussed on performance this month, and achieved a speed boost of at least 50%.
This work is ongoing.
- Now defaulting to the VS2015 build, with the old VS2008 build still
available for Safe mode (Prison Architect Safe Mode.exe). This gives
a good speed improvement over the VS2008 version.
- Asynchronous job search system. Instead of synchronously looking for a job,
workers, guards, prisoners, doctors now place a request for a new job in a
queue. This queue is processed during render phase of the game loop so
shouldn't take up any time during the main game loop.
- Speed up rendering of the Feed Prisoners Objective. This was particularly
slow when their were a lot of hungry prisoners.
- Rebuild the indoor/outdoor shadow mask only when a cell changes its material
or indoor/outdoor status.
- New pipe type in the utilities view: Hot water pipes
These operate on a seperate layer to the existing pipes, and can be overlaid without conflict.
- New utility: Hot water boiler
Requires a large pipe connection of cold water, and a direct electrical connection
You can run hot water pipes from this boiler in any direction.
Nb. Water will lose heat the further it gets from the boiler.
- All radiators now require a hot water connection to function
- Showers can take cold water or hot water.
When supplied with hot water, showers will also reduce a prisoner's Warmth need
When supplied only with cold water will apply a Frigid effect, which acts as a kind of short-term surpression
while also spiking their Warmth and comfort needs.
3d mode has been discovered
This update we have improved 3d mode with new shapes, new shaders operating on all objects, and better wall geometry.
3d mode remains very experimental.
Known bug: The mouse position is wrong when using graphics/Supersampling.
Known bug: Long pauses caused by geometry changing, eg wall construction/demolition
- Thermodynamic map to use 16 bit number type to represent the temperature
instead of 8 bit. This fixes a bug with fire showing negative temperatures.
- 0010610: [Graphics] entire screen is black and white boxes
The game now models the ambient temperature of the world, and it's effect on your prisoners.
The outdoor temperature will vary during the day, and turn cold at night
The temperature of your indoor areas will be affected by this. Indoor areas near doors and windows will lose heat fast.
Certain existing objects generate lots of heat : Cookers (when in use), power stations, water pumps
- New toolbar button under Logistics : Temperature. Visualises the temperature of all areas of your prison
- Prisoners now have a Warmth need. This need increases when they are cold.
- They will protest if cold for too long, and eventually cause trouble.
- If prisoners are too hot for too long (for example working in a hot kitchen) they will develop a status effect "Overheating"
This makes them more likely to cause trouble
- New item : Radiator. Build these around your prison to warm up the indoors when required.
= Quick Build menu
The old "Clone" toolbar item has been replaced with a new "Quick Build" menu, with more options.
You can now pick from a set of template rooms, and stamp them dowm in your prison.
All neccesary foundations will be built (if required), and the area will be cleared of walls and objects.
Then your workmen will build all the walls and objects required.
The room type will be automatically assigned.
You can rotate a quick build room using R or middle mouse click.
Nb. Clone is now available in the Quick Build menu and no longer needs to be researched.
= New prison sharing options
- A new option in the Extras menu 'Most Popular Prisons' lets you view the most popular Steam Workshop prisons
You can choose to view the most popular over the last week/month/year/all time
Play the prison instantly by clicking Play
- We are now bundling 10 of the best community made prisons with all versions of the game.
These are designed for times when you have no internet connection, or are not running the Steam build (so no workshop access)
- You can now attach a Phone Tap to the Secure vistation booths added in Update 3.
This will give you more intelligence on contraband, escapes etc.
- New Translations:
Ukranian, Bulgarian, Traditional Chinese
= BUG FIXES
- 0010454: [Gameplay] Escape mode: Revive prisoners
- 0010333: [Gameplay] Fill to capacity improvement
- 0010588: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners can work and get paid even when job room is invalid
- 0009100: [AI & Behaviour] Mail delivered to solitary cell after inmate has left
- 0010566: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners do not use weight-benches
- 0010500: [Performance] Snipers in Guard Towers cause major lag.
- 0010567: [AI & Behaviour] Doctors get stuck while attempting to heal
- 0010539: [Gameplay] Saved game, crashes at same spot
- 0010519: [AI & Behaviour] Wrong delivered mail.
This month we start with a special demo of the console build of the game, showing off the completely redesigned interface.
Our new features:
Guard Towers + Snipers You can now build guard towers around your prison for an extra level of security, intimidation, and force.
- New entity type : Snipers
Hired from the staff menu.
These guys will equip themselves with a scoped sniper rifle from the armoury, if you have one.
They will then take turns manning the guard towers you have built.
- Snipers will project 'Suppression' to all prisoners within their line of sight.
- Rules of engagement
When snipers see trouble occuring, they will fire warning shots.
If three warning shots are ignored, they will shoot to kill.
If you have enabled "Freefire" they will always shoot to kill, without warning.
They will also shoot to kill if they see an escaping prisoner already outside the prison secure zone.
Secure Visitation Booths You can now build secure visitation booths in your visitation room if you choose, instead of the usual tables.
A secure visitation booth has a glass panel that seperates the inmate from the family member, and they use a phone to talk.
- No contraband can be imported through a totally secure visitation room
- However the inmates family needs will not be satisfied nearly as well
- Nb. There must be a complete seperation of visitors and inmates for a room to be considered secure.
Mod API updates Scripted interface buttons now correctly pass click callbacks to the script that created them.
This allows scripts to add interactions to other objects in the game world.
- Dormitories of 40 or more squares will now get their own sector for the purposes of guard deployment and security zoning
New Translations Japanese
Bug Fixes - Fixed: 2x3 Dormitories with a bunkbed will now correctly accept 2 prisoners
- 0010359: [AI & Behaviour] Doctors not treating during Virus Outbreak Event
- 0010445: [AI & Behaviour] Overdosed prisoners put in solitary instead of infirmary
- 0010477: [Gameplay] Intake System brings in wrong amounts of certain levels of prisoners
- 0010333: [Gameplay] Fill to capacity improvement
- 0010438: [Control & User Interface] CI window shows two % signs rather than one
- 0010352: [AI & Behaviour] Nasty change in the priority of the job assignment
- 0010461: [Gameplay] Contraband scan cooldown causing problems
- 0010459: [Control & User Interface] Suspicion percentage is displayed twice
- 0006604: [Control & User Interface] Double billing of reform programs
- 0010437: [AI & Behaviour] Multiple mailrooms do not work
- 0010480: [Gameplay] Intake not calculated properly
- 0008937: [Control & User Interface] Carpentry Apprenticeship
- 0010452: [Gameplay] Dormitories and adjacent rooms counts as one room
- 0010322: [Gameplay] Prisoners not being taken to Dormitories
- 0010298: [Gameplay] 2x3 dorms dont get extra prisoner space
- 0010472: [AI & Behaviour] Opened mail thrown throughout Holding Cell
- 0010453: [AI & Behaviour] Laundry taken from Dormitorys
- 0006883: [Mod System] Allow mods to augment the selected object popup
- 0010367: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners get ReadBook status and freeze in place
- 0010417: [Control & User Interface] Policy screen in female prisons says "HIM"
- 0010471: [AI & Behaviour] Laundry Room uniforms in odd piles
- 0010095: [Performance] One specific prison that has updated across mutiple alphas is experincing 1sec freezing every 10sec
- 0010468: [AI & Behaviour] Shower Drainage Behaviour Issues
- 0010370: [Performance] Extreme low FPS with many idle prisoners.
- 0010348: [Other] Open mails spawning from my inmates
Women's Prisons You can now choose the gender of your prisoners in the "New Prison" screen.
Female prisoners have different needs and behave differently than male prisoners.
- Children : Some female prisoners are mothers of young babies (less than two years old)
and are entitled to look after their baby during their stay in your prison.
This requires some new facilities - often called "MBUs (Mother and Baby Units)"
- Family Cell : A new type of cell for mothers with babies only.
Similar to a normal cell, but also requires a Cot and an integrated Shower.
Nb these cells will never be assigned to female prisoners without babies.
- Nursery : A shared room for all mothers to live in, typically isolated from the rest of the prison.
Mothers will spend much of their time in this room with their babies.
Requires cots and play mats for the babies.
- Mothers will eat their meals in this room, so it also requires a serving table, benches etc.
Your kitchens will be assigned to cook meals for the nurseries as if they were canteens.
Modding API (continued) - Added world and world cell data variables to the scripting API.
This includes getting the size of the world, time index, etc.
Setting these variables, however, is currently unsupported.
- A new interface scripting API has been included as well.
Mods can now add, remove, and change buttons in the BiographyWindow (shown when you select a non-prisoner object in the world), with callbacks to it's script.
- Modding in escape mode has also been improved by allowing player interaction on scripted objects.
A callback to the script is given when the player is close to an object and interacts with it.
- General performance enhancements, especially to laundry system.
New Translations Danish, Dutch, Hungarian, Thai
Bug Fixes - Needs.txt not loaded in correct order when using mods
- 0010162: [Gameplay] Surrendering in escape mode causes insane amounts of rep points / surrendering doesn't work
- 0010309: [Control & User Interface] [Prison Architect] Crash when opening confidential informant window
= Shared Cells - New room type: Dormitory
- New furniture: Bunk Beds
A Dormitory can house any number of prisoners, based on the number of beds installed
Dormitories can be small eg 2x3, replacing the normal Cell, allowing for two or more inmates to share a cell together
Or Dormitories can be large, with shared showers, toilets, phones, tvs, recreational facilities etc.
Better facilities will result in a higher room grading, which will have a positive effect on your inmates
= Prisoner Intake (continued) There are now several different modes of Intake that can be set for your prison
Choose your mode from the Intake report
- CLOSED No inmates will be brought to your prison
- FILL CAPACITY Inmates will be brought into your prison when available, until your available capacity is full
- TOTAL PRISONERS You set the total number of prisoners desired, and the Intake system works to fill that number
- NUM PER DAY You choose the number of prisoners to bring in each day (The old method)
- ALL All available prisoners will be brought in every day
= Escape mode (continued) Escape mode was deemed too easy and unbalanced, and several features have been nerfed.
- Damage done to a prison and its staff is now repaired automatically,
once the player surrenders or is knocked out.
- All staff killed are replaced with new hires
- All fires are extinguished
- Burnt down walls now get construction jobs created to replace them
- All ranged weapons now have limited ammo.
Nb you can press G to drop the current weapon.
- Shotgun : 6 shots
- Pistol : 6 shots
- Tazer : 1 shot
- Assault rifle : 30 shots
- If you steal an item from a room, there is now a three hour timer before that item can be stolen again from that room.
This will put a stop to whole teams of escapees stealing knives from the kitchen.
Nb these timers end instantly when the player surrenders or is knocked out.
- Reputations rebalanced
- Skilled fighter: chance to disarm opponent now reduced to 20% per hit, down from 30%
- Extremely deadly: chance to kill reduced to 15% per hit, down from 30%
- Ranged weapons are no longer made more powerfull by the Strong/Deadly reputations
- Ranged weapons no longer disarm opponents when the attacker has the Skilled Fighter rep
- Improved game over screen to stack up victims in the same way as the intake report's prisoner preview.
- Gangs rebalanced Rebalanced the chances of gang members and leaders arriving,
to make gangs a more likely occurance.
- Doubled the chances of receiving gang members at intake
- The chance of an incoming gang member being a leader is now much higher
- The probability of receiving a gang leader also increases as the size of the gang increases.
- New translations Greek, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish, Spanish, Portuguese
= BUG FIXES - no more saving on escape mode gameover screen
- Items still loaded on trucks dont get search jobs during shakedown
- deployment menu has the correct default selected based on your research
- fog of war turns on sooner on GABOS level
- error sound only plays once when unable to afford objects
Changes in Version 1.0:
Campaign Story The perfect place to start for new players.
Chapter 1 : Death Row (The Introduction from the Alpha)
Chapter 2 : Palermo
Chapter 3 : GABOS
Chapter 4 : Conviction
Chapter 5 : Bootstraps
Escape Mode You can now load any prison, and attempt to escape from it, in this brand new game mode.
Steam customers can load any Steam Workshop prison, or even use the 'Random'
button to be sent to a random steam workshop prison. (Experimental)
There is a 'HELP' button that you can click on, in the bottom right of the screen.
Use WASD to move around, and aim with the mouse.
- You can steal weapons and tools from all the rooms you'd expect.
- Stash your contraband to avoid being caught
- Earn Reputation points by starting fights and smashing up furniture.
You will receive bonuses for knocking people unconcious, and additional bonuses for kills.
Spend those points to upgrade your character with any of these reputations:
Strong You hit harder
Tough You can take more hits
Deadly You have a chance to kill with one hit
Quick You can run faster (hold SHIFT)
Instigator Nearby prisoners will fight when you do
Skilled Fighter You can disarm opponents
- You can also spend rep points to recruit other prisoners to your group.
They will follow you around and will assist during fights.
- If you have a digging tool you can dig an escape tunnel from the toilet in your cell.
- Win the game by escaping with your entire team.
Collectables There are two types of collectable item in the game.
As you discover them they will be added to the Extras menu.
- Polaroids : All story based polaroids. Some are shown during cutscenes.
Some only occur in the sandbox and must be found.
- Game Bible : The game design notebook has been scanned and can now be found
throughout your prison. Keep your eyes out for scraps of paper on the floor within the sandbox.
Click on those scraps to unlock another page.
Special Wardens You can now select from one of six wardens, when creating a new prison.
Each Warden brings a special ability to the game.
- The Warden : The default warden, offers no special abilities.
- The Lobbyist : Halves likelyhood of Violent/Lethal/Deadly inmates arriving
- Rita : Diminishes effect of Stoical / Fearless. Doubles effect of Suppression.
- J.W.Periwinkle : Guard dogs have a 50% chance to immediately uncover tunnels
- The Pacifier : Permanent 25 point reduction in prison temperature
- Saphara Acknova: Corruption! Receives a backhand payment for all contraband found
Translations We are working to translate the game into as many languages as possible.
More languages will be coming in the first update.
We currently have translations for:
English, Czech, Finnish, French, German,
Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish,
Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
Education grant (continued) The education grant has been rebalanced and made easier.
You now need 10 prisoners to pass the foundation course, and 1 prisoner to pass the general education course.
Event System (continued) The event system has been rebalanced and is now much less destructive.
Specifically, the 'politician demand' event and the 'Virus outbreak' event have been nerfed.
Events occur far less frequently.
Many other small tweaks to make the event system better.
BUG FIXES Hundreds of fixes and improvements were added in the run up to v1.0.
In addition, the following Mantis bugs were fixed:
- 0002935: [Gameplay] Guard dogs kill prisoners (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009914: [AI & Behaviour] Doctors Wont Heal Sick Prisoners. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009911: [Gameplay] 'Virus Outbreak' event is near 'unbeatable' (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009970: [Gameplay] Perimeter walls cannot be rebuilt after events (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0005691: [Graphics] Unconscious prisoners appear as a black box on screen when in a medical bed. (supersampling fault?) (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009954: [Save & Load] Virus outbreak not saved (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009931: [Control & User Interface] Gang members not displayed in gang view (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008149: [AI & Behaviour] Dead parole lawyer won't be taken away from morgue to hearse (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009891: [AI & Behaviour] Dead prisoners pile up in Infirmary (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009924: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners developing extra hands during combat when handcuffed - (and killing an impossibly high number of gaurds) (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009826: [Other] Internal Clock error (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0006453: [Other] Bankruptcy timer runs out in less than 24 hours (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0007397: [AI & Behaviour] Lockdown/Solitary timers run at different rate to game clock (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009912: [Gameplay] Federal witness countdown is lost after reloading game (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009926: [Graphics] Empty tray being fed (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009938: [Graphics] Maximum Safe Capacity unreadable (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009915: [AI & Behaviour] Sick prisoners are completely ignored by doctors and paramedics (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009890: [Gameplay] federal witness in death row (Icepick) - resolved.
This is the last ever alpha video for Prison Architect, and we will be launching version 1.0 in October. But fear not! We are planning to continue the cycle of monthly updates beyond version 1.0, including new videos to go with each update each month.
Here are our new features:
= Random event system
Random incidents, disasters and challenges will occur during your game, providing extra difficulty and unpredictability.
This is an optional system, and is enabled from the "Create new prison" screen.
- Events will not happen during riots, or if you have less than 50 prisoners on site
- Events are less likely if there have been deaths and escapes recently.
- Sometimes, rarely, several events may occur at once.
- All events have an EXTREME version, which is very rare, and much more severe.
- POWER STATION FIRE
Your power station catches fire. Can only occur if your powerstation is overloaded.
EXTREME version: Your power station explodes, damaging buildings/equipment/people nearby.
- KITCHEN FIRE
A cooker in the kitchen catches fire. This can cause havok with your mealtime arrangements!
We recommend you build sprinkler systems in key areas to mitigate this.
- BULK INTAKE
A random number of prisoners will be transferred into your facility within the next hour.
EXTREME version: All of the prisoners belong to the same gang, and you are probably fucked.
- WORKSHOP ACCIDENT
A prisoner injures himself on the equipment in the workshop, and requires medical attention.
Prisoners injured this way get the "Bleeding" status effect. Get them to a doctor quick!
A random section of your wall or fence collapses. Get it rebuilt before we have a mass escape!
We always recommend double outer walls, and this gives yet another good reason.
A prisoner comes down with a highly contagious virus. The virus will spread to nearby inmates, so try to isolate them.
Prisoners suffering from this virus will look sickly, move slowly, and vomit a lot. Some will fall unconcious.
Your guards will try to take confirmed cases to the infirmary for cure.
Some inmates will go to the infirmary themselves, but only when they are let out their cells.
EXTREME version: Some prisoners will eventually die from the virus if left untreated.
- MASS ASSASSINATION
You discover that several inmates at your prison are federal witnesses in an upcoming prosecution.
Unfortunately, somebody has put a price on their heads and they will all be assassinated in the next few hours.
Find out who there are (using your Confidential Informants), and get them moved to Protected Custody.
Once the timer hits zero, they will all leave the prison to attend the court hearing, and will not return.
(Most likely living out their lives in federal witness protection, holding their breath every time they start their cars)
- CITY MAYOR DEMANDS
The Mayor is under political pressure to appear to be doing the right thing.
He will from time to time phone you and demand certain changes to your prison, in the public interest.
The demand is always temporary - after a few days, things return to normal.
However Failure to comply will result in a heavy fine.
- TV Removal Due to public pressure, all TVs must be removed
- Weights Removal Due to public pressure, all Weights Benches must be removed
- Less Food Provide smaller meals with less variety, to try to save on costs
- Remove Visitation For security reasons, all visitation must be halted
- PRISONER DEMANDS
From time to time the prisoners in your facility become so frustrated that they demand changes.
It's your choice to comply or not, but the prisoners will not be happy if you refuse.
- Less Work Prisoners wish to work for less hours during the day
- More Sleep Prisoners want longer to sleep at night
- More Free Time Prisoners want more free time during the day
- Logs will now be automatically exported, unless EITHER
- You have at least one carpenters table
- OR You have a running carpentry program
Nb. This obviously requires an Exports zone near the road.
- The CEO's letter is now made of a graphic and a (localisable) string in the language file.
This should make it much easier to translate into multiple languages.
= Bug Fixes
- 0009322: [AI & Behaviour] The mere presence of a shop is stopping prisoners from wanting to do carpentry (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009713: [Other] Crash after Assertion failed : 'index < m_numItems' (John) - resolved.
- 0009842: [Gameplay] CRASH: The attached savegame crashes within minutes (John) - resolved.
- 0009701: [Gameplay] Fatal error with lots of dead bodys stuck. (John) - resolved.
- 0009623: [Control & User Interface] Weird Mini-Sectors in doorways (John) - resolved.
- 0000515: [Graphics] Garbage bag sprite overlays garbage bin sprite (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0009806: [Mod System] Lua scripting: .GetNearbyObjects() range values are strings, not numbers (elDiablo) - resolved.
- 0009716: [Mod System] Lua scripting: this.SubType is always type string, even if I specifically set it to a number (elDiablo) - resolved.
- 0009499: [Graphics] Phone taps and Filling Cabinets bug (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0009559: [Graphics] Layering (z-index) issue with outdoor lights and trees (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0009543: [Graphics] Layering (z-index) issue with door control and filing cabinet against wall (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0009588: [Graphics] Layering (z-index): light vs. sprinkler flickering (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0009589: [Graphics] Layering (z-index): light vs. cctv camera (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0009709: [Graphics] Layering (z-index) issue: lights vs. road gate pillar (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0009647: [Save & Load] Save crash! (John) - resolved.
- 0009715: [Mod System] Lua scripting: this.SubType is -1 if accessed during Create() function (elDiablo) - resolved.
- 0009585: [Other] Assertion failed : 'm_cellCache.ValidIndex( newCachedIndex )' (John) - resolved.
- 0006776: [Save & Load] Fatal error during load save file. (John) - resolved.
- Gang Leaders
Sometimes a Legendary prisoner who arrives through Intake will also be a gang leader.
They will immediately assume control of their gang, and will establish a leadership hierarchy.
Can promote gang members into Lieutenants, up to a maximum of 1 lieutenant per 10 soldiers.
Can recruit non gang members into the gang. (Must visit the prisoner first)
Gang members are fiercly loyal to their leaders:
- They will become angry (temperature increase) if their leader is being punished in Solitary or Lockdown
- If a gang leader is killed, the entire gang will immediately try to start a riot
- Gang Territory Capture
Gangs will attempt to take control of key areas of your prison.
The attempt is called a 'Play', and is led by a Lieutenant.
He will gather a group of gang members together and give them instructions.
The soldiers will then proceed to the zone in question, and assert their authority over that zone.
If they are unchallenged, the territory will turn their colour and they will have ownership of it.
The player cannot build or change room setups within gang territory
- Captured Territory
Once captured, territory shows up in the Gangs view as the colour of the gang who has claimed it
Rival gang members are not permitted into the territory
Non gang members can enter the territory and use the facilities (eg Phones), but must pay Protection Money to the gang
Gangs accumulate money from non gang members this way, and will use the money to buy equipment such as stolen weapons
From time to time a lieutenant will arrange a 'Play' to revisit the territory with a group of soldiers, as a show of force.
- Contested Territories
Sometimes a gang will be strong enough to take a territory from a rival gang.
They will only attempt this if they have sufficient numerical advantage.
A lieutenant will arrange a Play and will send enough soldiers to take the territory by force.
Once a gang has claimed a territory, they must be Evicted to remove their influence.
Click on the EVICT button in the gang view to begin this process.
Any gang members within the territory will immediately turn hostile.
Nearby gang lietenants will arrange new 'Plays' in an attempt to re-capture their territory from your guards.
Once you have defended the territory for 24 hours, the ownership reverts to 'Unclaimed'.
- Securing a territory
With enough guards, you can protect a territory against any gang control.
Nb this can only be done with an unclaimed territory - any gangs must be evicted first.
- Security Rooms
Security rooms also count as territory, and are automatically guard controlled.
Guards can project their power from security rooms to any neighbouring territory.
Eg a security room with 10 guards inside will 'project' 10 guards onto all neighbouring yards, common rooms etc.
Nb. 'Neighbouring' means there must be a door between the security room and the yard/common room.
= Contraband trading
All prisoners can now trade their stolen contraband with other prisoners for money.
Prisoners will sell items they don't particularly want, and use that money at the shop or to buy other items from other prisoners.
The price of any item is based on the supply and demand of that item within the prison.
The approximate trade prices of all items can now be seen in the Intelligence / Dangers view.
- Ranged Weapon accuracy
All ranged weapons have had their accuracy nerfed (previously 100% for anyone).
Tazers: 60% accuracy
Tazers used by Armed guards: 70% accuracy
All other ranged weapons: 70% accuracy
All other ranged weapons used by Armed guards: 90%
- The following rooms now all require Prison Labour to be unlocked:
- Additional Contraband can now be stolen from the following rooms:
- Forestry : Saw / Axe / Spade
- Guard deployment screen now uses same layout engine as Jobs
= BUG FIXES
- 0008467: [Graphics] Horizontal lines in graphics (John) - resolved.
- 0009547: [Control & User Interface] Mails can be cloned (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0003138: [Graphics] Visitor appears with invisible body (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009058: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners are escorted to parole rooms zoned for other security levels. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009281: [AI & Behaviour] 500 prisoner grant wont complete (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009282: [AI & Behaviour] Mailroom - Sorted Mail stacks sit on desks. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009236: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners are not purchasing from Shop and Shop Front on Northern walls are not being manned. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0005689: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners should use showers in their cells during shower regime if their cells have it (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0002791: [Gameplay] Foundation-expansions don't complete with doors on the corner (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0009143: [AI & Behaviour] Guards not escorting, prisonners in handcuffs die (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0006686: [Graphics] Dog Crates don't have proper textures (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0009171: [Graphics] Road Gate Pillar render layering (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0002497: [Graphics] Improper layering (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0002847: [AI & Behaviour] Dog patrols generate door open jobs when patrolling cell blocks. (stargazy) - resolved.
- 0007708: [Platform Specific Issues] Case sensitive filesystem issue (crash) (John) - resolved.
- 0007285: [Control & User Interface] Mouse pointer position is not aligned with the actual click position! (John) - resolved.
- 0007342: [Performance] Game stuttering/freezing every 3-5 seconds for around the same amount of time. This happens constantly. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0003080: [AI & Behaviour] Dog leashes stretch (stargazy) - resolved.
- 0009256: [AI & Behaviour] Shop works to ineffectiv. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009254: [Graphics] Shop fronts placed in the corners of a building freak out. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0001569: [Gameplay] Build a foundation without lights (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0009230: [Graphics] Shop Front has missing/incorrect Toolbar Sprite (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0007338: [Control & User Interface] GUI unusable with 4k UHD display when using windows dpi scaling set to 150% (John) - resolved.