1. We have disabled extra resource "cube collecting" feature due to some strong demands appearing in the Steam forum.
Please note that this is not a 100% final but we want to see how it goes before we definitly take it out of the system. This means that our promotion video showing enemies dropping cubes will be wrong so in order to fix that we need to be sure of it.
2. We have slightly rebalanced the resource gained per enemy kill so the effect is that you will be able to gain 100% of resource per killing any enemy. This means the game becomes slightly easier, but it shouldn't affect overall game play a lot.
3. There is new batch file called "optionalstart.bat" . This is intended for people who are having issues with starting the game with initial auto detection setting by the game. After you run the batch file press 1-4 number keys as indicated to attempt to start the game. Just making things easier for people who aren't familiar using command prompt.
Note for starting game using optional command prompt or batch file :
Some Steam overlay may not work properly uf you use this batch file to start the game. Once you are in the game go to : "HELP OPTIONS > SETTING" and change your options to the ones that works for you. Then restart the game using proper steam client.
1. Defense Technica tries to autodetect some basic graphic setting for you when you start the game for the first time, but sometimes this doesn't work well for some people and the game may fail to start properly.
For users who encountered troubles while starting the game in unsuitable graphic settings, we enabled users to manually set up the graphic quality (among Low, Medium, or High) from the command window. From the command window, input one of the following commands:
Once you are in the game, then you can try experimenting with in game graphics options. *These options are only available in Windows, not Mac.
2. Few other minor bug fixes
We are going to include some readme file for all these additional command line parameters in the next patch. Also, we are gathering more feedback about extra resource gathering feature so please do keep them coming!
1. Few people were having “Steam connection error”. We have made attempt to improve this so let us know if you are having this issue.
2. There was one instance where default max screen resolution caused game to display black screen. We have added optional command prompt parameter to start the game in 800x600 window mode. *Use: DefenseTechnica.exe –WindowMode
Defense Technica is the next evolution in hardcore tower defense strategy games. Protect the core from an onslaught of unrelenting biomechanical terrors with a powerful range of tower defense units each with their own upgradable features and methods of attacks. Engage the opposition in a variety of maps and prepare to rapidly shift tactics as weather, enemy paths, and even the terrain itself physically changes upending the flow of the battlefield. Presented through sharp 3D visuals and backed by a soaring soundtrack, Defense Technica is the ultimate in strategic tower defense!
Powerful Towers Select from 8 different tower classes and upgrade to build a nearly impenetrable defense of over 40 different towers. Arm towers with machine guns, long-range missiles, flamethrowers, mortars, lasers, and other powerful weapons to halt the oncoming hordes in their tracks!
Dynamic Battlefields Variable enemy pathfinding, arduous weather systems, and physical changes in terrain during battles require a shift in strategy and keep each playthrough fresh.
Gorgeous 3D Visuals Fully 3D backgrounds and amazing lighting effects set the scene for intricately detailed towers and enemy hordes. Maps range from orbital military installations and subterranean ruins to floating islands and futuristic cities.
Formidable Opposition Battle against nine different enemy types across three different classes each with a strength and weakness against certain tower types requiring careful thought on tower placement.