Greetings, persons playing people playing characters.
Today is a grand day, Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition is getting official SteamOS support! That means it will be 10 times* easier and more relaxing to play from your couch using one of those awesome Steam controller things.
Added Paradox Cloud Services (Log in via the black button on the menu screen to share your savegames between computers.)
Steam Controller Optimization: Hid launcher settings window to allow start-up with only controller (Hold "Shift", "Ctrl" or "Alt" (on Mac) to trigger the window.)
Minor interraction issues between PDX account menu and Steam Controller. (Solve by logging in using mouse & keyboard once)
The Steam Controller is only supported in mouse emulation mode.
The Steam Controller is currently not supported on Mac and Linux.
We hope you all enjoy this addition to the game as much as we do.
Happy gaming! :)
The KoPP Team
*Experience may vary depending on quality of sofa and available snacks.
World Randomly Encounters Exciting New Sequel to Classic Old-school Title
STOCKHOLM — March 2, 2015 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer with plenty of initiative, today announced the forthcoming release of Knights of Pen & Paper 2, coming to PC, iOS, and Android devices. Knights of Pen & Paper 2, the appropriately named sequel to Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition, will bring players back to the table, where they can sit and simulate another, different table inside the game (which is about a game). Danger, intrigue, death, role-playing, and roll-playing will return when Knights of Pen & Paper 2 arrives on May 14th.
Return to the dicey world of Knights of Pen & Paper for a new turn-based adventure, where players get to take on the role of players, and also of the game’s encounter-designing, rules-lawering GM in a fully customizable party. Assemble a group of virtual friends, dress them in class-specific hats, and take on an all-new series of quests, including dynamic dungeons, an improved combat system, new loot and crafting mechanics, and more, as the party faces its greatest challenge yet: the new edition of the ruleset.
Knights of Pen & Paper 2 rolls with the following features:
+2 to Impress: The retro adventure makes the leap from simulated 8-bit graphics to simulated 16-bit graphics, providing players with twice the bits
New Racial Feats: Customize your party members by choosing players such as the Goth or the Rocker, classes such as Wizard or Thief, and for the first time, races such as Dwarves and Elves
A Game of Throws: Face the whims of the d20 in an overhauled combat system, new crafting and loot, dynamically generated dungeons, and a variety of nail-biting saving throws
Entirely Too Many Gaming and Pop Culture Jokes: Seriously
“When you allow people at your company to dress up in wizard robes and suits of armor, sometimes you wind up with games like Knights of Pen & Paper 2,” said Fredrik Wester, CEO of Paradox Interactive. “We’re going to be showing off the game in person this week at GDC. I wanted to reveal it during the DICE conference, but nobody agreed with me.”
Spooky New Adventure is Loaded with Fun Content and is Still Completely Timely Despite Claims that Halloween is Over
Paradox, while announcing this update with a perfectly straight face, insisted that every day of the year (not just Halloween) is a good time for ghosts, and reminded the world that there's another pumpkin-related holiday right around the corner. Haunted Fall brings enough content to Knights of Pen & Paper to overload a festive candy bucket, including new monsters, items, areas, skills, and jokes.
We've seen that 2.09 still had some issues with achievements so we made this new patch for you.
- Achievements are now working (even indecisive person and the all classes one).
- Explorer achievement had an issue that people might had some problems to achieve and now its fixed.
- FRENCH LOCALIZATION (WOORRAY).
First of all I'd like to say I'm sorry that we've announced earlier the 2.09 patch. The patch is LIVE!
This is the patch you all were waiting for but besides the broken achievements fix, we are super happy because our publisher allowed us to REMOVE the microtransactions from our beloved game and now you may be able to love it even more.
This patch is for you that hated it so much that did not even bought the game or removed it from your shopping cart.
We listened to the community and we really hope you enjoy it.
And here is a photo of part of our crew so happy about it:
- Microtransactions removed! Yep, they are gone, forever!
- Group of Masters achievement fixed.
- The Explorer achievement fixed. (We are still taking a look at this one for old saves or you will probably need to revisit every place, but new saves should work now)
- Epic Potion achievement removed.
- Some other small bug fixes.
- Fixed various crashes
- Some achievements fixed
- Increased achievement "Ain't nobody got time for that" from 365 to 465 days
- Fixed weakening spell on Black Dragon (negative damage for players made the dragon heal itself)
- Fixed Farmville in New Game + (Used to be 30 levels to high)
- The Consumable items list is now scrollable during combat when several items are listed
- Fixed some lower resistance effects
- "Miniatures" +1 to all skills bonus is now working as intended
- Blacksmith % dialogue now updated properly when using the +5% craft chance items
- Fixed some stat stacking not working or not showing the correct value
- Fixed some cases of the game crashing after killing elite mobs. Also related to Elite Kill achievement not working for everybody
- Achievement Dungeon Master now has an image
- Fixed a UI problem were using a character name and class that are both long caused text to overlap
- Localization - Portuguese - Fixed some strings that where to long
- You can no longer get stuck at Shipwreck Cove if you run out of money
- You can now leave Morderlägger Pit without abandoning the quest
- Paladin's Leader Strike skill now list the correct upgrade when leveling
- Fixed some +% Gold gained items not working
- Localization - Readability in character sheet for German translation updated slightly
- You can no longer skip combat by moving out of an area quickly
- Fixed blue square at the top left of the map
- More localization issues fixed
- Fixed content after "searching for clues" at Wizards of the East Coast. Now you all will be able to continue your adventure into the unknown!
- Fixed deluxe activation. Everybody who purchased the Deluxe should now get your extra content (yellow mage, farm village, sci-fi pack). Also, for everyone who got the pre-order or the deluxe, you should get 800 gold.
- Fixed a bug where some players may get stuck in a place and the map stops working.
Some other stuff:
For GetThreadContextFailed error, please check this link.
Some quick bug fixes for you. Thanks for playing =)
- Optimizations on metric sending to use less data
- Fixed places that were vanishing from the map (e.g. Portal and All Seeing Eye Castle)
- Fixed some clicking on monsters problems on some maps
- Fixed damage numbers that were moving too fast
- Hipster passive changed
- Cinematic bug fixed
- Fixed some localization issues