The ESWC is pleased to partner with Paragon eSports to produce the Shootmania Elite World Cup 2015 and to gather one more time the Shootmania community at the Paris Games Week. This tournament will start online to end with four teams offline in Paris and a Grand Final on the ESWC main stage. A total of $10,000 will reward the best players :
The registration to the Shootmania Elite World Cup is open on Paragon League website to any international team. The tournament will be played online in a double elimination bracket on October 16th and 17th until the winner and the loser bracket finals. The four last matches of the bracket will be played offline on October 28th and 29th.
Paragon League created a special mappack for the tournament composed of the following maps:
Rust by Livert
Valley of the Damned
Good news people, the unlimited multiplayer demo for Trackmania² Stadium and Shootmania Storm (including titles like Elite and others) is extended until September 2015!
It’s a good occasion to invite your friends to play with you or to come back to see what the community has cooked since your last time (and they did great things!) >>> http://store.steampowered.com/app/229870/
Announced a month ago, the ESL Go4 Shootmania Storm Elite are starting this week! From December 7th, each week you’ll be able to compete to earn the right the participate to the monthly finals where you can win 450€.
Moreover the team with the most points at the end of February will earn a free entry for the Shootmania Storm Elite Gamers Assembly main tournament which will occur in April 2015 at Poitiers, France.
Note that Shootmania Storm multiplayer (including Elite) is free and unlimited until April 2015, so feel free to jump in and try to claim the prizes in the Go4SM! Download the demo on Steam and participate to the Go4SM!
After the presence of Trackmania & Shootmania at the Electronic Sports World Cup occuring at the Parc des Expositions of Paris, Nadeo announce several tournaments at the Gamers Assembly of Poitiers in April 2015 and several online tournaments by then on the famed competition plateform of the ESL.
The Gamers Assembly is at the heart of the esport in France, and is a privileged place for the Trackmania & Shootmania community to meet. Only racing game and FPS with the most number of teams, the 2014 edition has been the occasion to meet a lot of players around very high quality tournaments in a very good ambiance. With seven tournaments planned this year, Nadeo hope that the players will find a competitive and human experience stronger than before.
That's why Nadeo launch the operation "Road to Gamers Assembly"
From now, a free unlimited access to the Trackmania² Stadium & Shootmania Storm multiplayer until the Gamers Assembly
Prized online tournaments on ESL Go4 for Trackmania² Stadium & Shootmania Storm Elite
Prized LAN tournaments at the Gamers Assembly on at least 7 Maniaplanet titles
Online tournaments on ESL before the Gamers Assembly
Go4 on Trackmania² Stadium in December, January & February
Go4 on Shootmania Storm Elite in December, January & February
LAN tournaments at the Gamers Assembly
Trackmania² Stadium 1vs1vs1vs1
Trackmania² Canyon 1vs1vs1vs1 & Trackmania² Valley 1vs1vs1vs1 (one per day)
Trackmania² Stadium Dirt 1vs1vs1vs1
Shootmania Elite 3vs3
Shootmania Battle 5vs5 & Siege 5vs5 (one per day)
And more following the evaluation of others potential requests of the community
To get the free multiplayer access on Steam, simply install the demos.
In this update for 3.1 RC6 update, we have some changes:
- Matchmaking is having 3 major updates: Map vote, rematch and progressive amount of players. If the two first are obvious, the last is about launching a match of Battle or Siege as soon as there is 4 people on the lobby and send the new people arriving on the lobby quickly to complete the match. It's made also for custom modes that would like to host matchmaking while having a big number of member per team. The detailed changelog for the game modes scripts is available here or here.
- Ladders of Storm, Elite and Siege will have some change of speed and number of players that can be on top. If it was possible to have 100 Echelon 9 on the Monday morning, it will now be only 20. So, it means that players will lose much more LPs on Monday first, and then on each match lost since you lose an amount that is related to how much points can be won in average in a match. In consequences, you will also see 200 players in Echelon 8 instead of 10000 and etc. Keep in mind that when you lose LPs on Monday morning, you are losing no rank at all: it's just a way to normalize the number of LPs and the maximum. Otherwise, the maximum would always climb and require to change the amount of LP you win accordingly.
- Gameplay of Elite is now going to use the new one, with mainly the stamina management and walljump power as main changes. I know it can disturb the incredibly high level of skill we can see nowadays, but now that the EPL finals are done and that the ESWC is announced, I would like to take the opportunity to make the same gameplay with the others modes, such as Battle or Siege, that they are using it since the previous releases.
- The "link" plug-in. This plug ins are like the buddy or settings plug in of the system bar. The "link" plug-in is a way to quick access to the links of a title pack (home <=> manialink, news <=> maniaflash, facebook page) etc. It will be a way to also provide an easy way to share the title; and more especially now that it's in demo. We may do a "help" plug in to provide "information, tips and others" but later. Maniaplanet is designed as a 2.0 system, and this link plug-in is dedicated to it. To configure it, it's the same links than in the store of today.
- Players are not allowed anymore to add their own Bink videos to Maniaplanet. And we have added limitations to prevent this. Meanwhile, we are going to upgrade the support of WebM as a powerful replacement, including the ability to encode directly or have a better compression ratio/picture quality. We have spent just some days on this new integration and it will take us some more to bring some more feature to this support. However, we have other priorities at the moment and it can take a while. I am sorry for this happening and be sure we would have like to be otherwise.
- The importer is updated and with it, the import of fonts is activated. The documentation is also available.
- Arrow rollback. In fact, the arrow we look for is more a long range, big blow radius weapon. It has been used like a short range splash bomb. I think that these changes are more for Power Up! and that we better deliver a good splash bomb in addition to fix the arrow. Arrow would need to have more ammunition by default would we like to make "then rain of arrows effect" so we will see this later. Sorry for the ones that found the new arrow better and for the ones who lack the previous one since the changes.
- The source of Shootmania Platform are being released as a sample. The mode will also be free until the end of September, with unlimited demo time and number of maps. The goal is to welcome players that would like just to test without fighting. A mini site and video has been done to more easily share the super setup of it.
- The custom weapon will have a closer way to work as default ones: waterproof by default, shooter points, sounds, notices, +1 with RemovePlayerArmor (~ same as AddPlayerArmor) and manage a Custom volume.
- Item Editor has some fixes when launched from the map editor. And the PropertyList : fix absolute/relative location of data
- The MediaTracker options for crosshair/ghost names; keep playing on respawn, tiggers that can overlap (but trigger only one clip) and the free camera save position \o/
Good news people, TrackMania² Stadium and ShootMania Storm will be at the ESWC this year!
From the ESWC committee:
The ESWC Organizing committee is happy to confirm two PC disciplines for the ESWC 2014:
Trackmania² Stadium (1v1v1v1)
Shootmania Elite (3v3)
Trackmania is an ESWC official discipline since 2006. The upcoming 2014 edition will be its 8th World Cup. Shootmania is present since 2012, it will be its 3rd edition. The details of the preliminaries will be announced very soon.