We have release a small client-side hot fix for yesterday's update. For details see this forum thread.
Here are the changes:
- Reduced (and hopefully completely fixed) crash related to changing gear in the kit selection menu.
- Fixed Peak Push (players on the defending team would spawn inside a restricted area).
- Updated extraction point icon.
- Updated shell materials.
We have just released a pretty significant update for you all to enjoy over the holidays!
Here are some of the changes in the update:
New and Updated Content
- New Map: Peak (supports Skirmish, Push, Strike, SND, VIP)
- New Weapon: AT-4
- Updated Maps: Siege, District (now with Push support), Ministry and Heights.
- Added new “focus” feature allowing the player to focus for a brief moment by aiming down the sights while still and holding shift (sprint).
- Added radio cues for “Objective Captured” and “Objective Lost” instead of the current musical cues that are used for these events.
- Added new music tracks for winning, losing and round-start (if you do not hear any of the new sounds, try snd_rebuildaudiocache) in the console.
- New reticles for Sniper, 4x, Kobra and Eotech sights.
- Re-implemented shell ejection.
- Greatly reduced the distance of enemy 3D VOIP so that players can more comfortably communicate with their teammates without feeling as though they are giving away their position (server-side convars “mp_voice_max_distance_enemy” and “mp_voice_max_distance_friendly”).
- Whether the talker is facing the listener and whether the listener is facing the talker now has a notable impact on the volume of the 3D VOIP, making it feel more spatial (server-side convars “mp_voice_indirect_talker_volume” and “mp_voice_indirect_listener_volume”).
If a wall or object is between the talker and the listener, 3D VOIP will be affected – it will be greatly reduced if the talker is your teammate, and it will be inaudible if it is an enemy (server-side convars “mp_voice_blocked_lineofsight_friendly_volume” and “mp_voice_blocked_lineofsight_enemy_volume”).
- The VOIP volume of squadmates now scales based on how far away you are from your squadmate, so that even though you can always hear your squadmates their volume is an indication of whether they are close to you or not (scales between server-side convars “mp_voice_min_squad_volume” and “mp_voice_max_friendly_volume”).
- Reduced exploiting when prone by lowering the POV height of prone players so that the camera better matches the player in third person.
Updated misc. particle FX.
Fixes and Optimization
- Fixed a crash when players would touch weapon cache buy zones in certain maps (e.g. District Skirmish).
- Fixed third person flashlight not rendering as well as the first person effect having the wrong origin when aiming down sights.
- Fixed weapon cache collision models (you can no longer walk or throw things “through” caches).
We hope everyone is enjoying the update so far! We have received a tremendous amount of positive feedback and support. Based upon that, we are releasing a hotfix today to address a few issues. (See list below)
Join us today, live on our Twitch.tv/insurgencygame channel at 12pm PST / 3pm EST / 8pm GMT for a Play With the Devs event demonstrating what's new in the game.
You can join us in game, or watch live on the Twitch.tv homepage or our official channel! We will be giving away some Insurgency keys, so tell your friends who are interested and haven't got the game yet!
Nov 26 hotfix change list:
Rolled back Push to the way it was before Friday's update.
Security's weapon cache in Market is no longer sticking in the ground, preventing it from being destroyed.
Issue fixed in Heights Checkpoint (coop) where enemies would spawn behind you.
Issue fixed in Ministry Checkpoint (coop) where bots would try running through doors.
Updated Market Checkpoint (coop).
Fixed a player clip issue on Heights allowing players to get outside the map.
Updated AKM and MP5 recoil.
Removed duplicate AKS74U AP/HP entries in the scripts.
Happy Thanksgiving to our American fans! We are very thankful for our dedicated community, and especially your patience waiting for the next update... which we have for you today!
We begin the process of refining what we have built. This update introduces some significant game mode changes, co-op improvements, brand new weapon, recoil overhaul, squad and class structure tweaks, and a cornucopia of bug fixes.
AKS-74U - The very popular and requested weapon has finally arrived.
Recoil - We have implemented a system that makes your weapon feel like it has weight and reacts to gravity. Hard to describe - you have to feel it!
Supply points - At the end of the round the better players of the winning team are awarded with 3 supply, the worse players on the winning team as well as the best players on the losing team are awarded with 2 supply, and the worst players on the losing team are awarded with 1 supply.
Updates to Contact, Ministry, Market, Siege and Heights.
Co-op - AI behavior and the maps are vastly improved with this update. Checkpoint has destructible cache objectives, and when you are securing a capture zone, the AI will counter-attack. Be sure to play the improved District, Ministry, Siege, and Heights.
Skirmish - A weapons cache objective has been added for both teams (Objectives A and E respectively), while the middle three B, C, and D, can be secured in any sequence. Teams gain an extra reinforcement wave for every objective they secure, until their cache has been destroyed. At that point, only the remaining waves and instant reinforcement upon objective completion will keep their team in the game.
Firefight - Weapons cache objectives have also been added to this mode. The difference from Skirmish is that there are no additional reinforcement waves provided. Teams respawn only when they complete objectives.
Strike - The attack and defend weapons cache mode has a few changes. The attacking team has 5 locations they must clear to find caches, but only 3 have the objectives. For every cache that is destroyed, the attackers gain 1 reinforcement, the defenders lose 1 reinforcement, and there is 90 seconds added to the clock.
Search & Destroy - We changed this mode to have the identical objective layout as Strike, however there are no additional waves. It's kind of like the difference between Skirmish and Firefight. Teams only respawn when an objective is completed.
Push - The classic fan favourite remains relatively unchanged, although we are seeking the right balance of reinforcement waves to ensure the rounds last long enough to not feel frustratingly long or too short.
VIP - Received a new extraction zone icon. Otherwise, this mode is unchanged gameplay from last update. With only one life per round, it remains incredibly intense to play!