We released a patch today which should address the following aspects.
Fixed company reset function
Fixed some issues that prevented users from logging into the game and got them stuck at the loading screen
Steam achievements can now be earned while logged in with gamigo users as well
Remaining gold for gamigo users has been converted to cash.
Adjusted economy to improve merc hiring: mercs can now be hired for 8 hours instead of 4; reduced hiring costs; reduced HQ upgrade costs; increased chance to get valuable loot
Fixed missions Economic Damage and Bread Crumbs. Players can now successfully walk over the bridges
Clicking the News screen now displays the correct link to the forum
Removed several references to gold
Fixed UI inconsistency saying mercenaries are permanently hired when just prolonging their contract; fixed UI inconsistency about hiring mercs for 14 days There will be a short maintenance period tomorrow. More updates will follow when the patching starts.
The date is set: We are going to release JAO: Reloaded on the 24th and this means the current version will no longer be available in the store. Reloaded has new content, new balancing and heaps of turn-based tactical action! So save the date boys and girls and in the words of Ivan "Hlet's chavv some fun!
A.I.M. wants you for beta testing! Join our exclusive JAO: reloaded beta test next week! While the game will be familiar to existing players, we want to make sure our servers hold and the new economy balancing works. If you want to join the test, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic BETATEST and let us know your age and whether you already own a version of JAO. JOIN NOW AND BE THE FIRST TO PLAY!
As we have previously announced, we are finally able to take over the game completely and we wanted to give you a little insight into what the future holds.
The new version will feature:
• A new end-game contract called „UXO“ for you to explore. It's a ship in the desert... • Increased drop rate of cool items in missions by 50% • Doubled backpack space for mercs to go with the increased drop rate of items • Changed a lot of values for crafting, armory, currency exchange ratio and other economy factors to get rid of grind • Adjusted balancing in missions which were more difficult than surrounding missions • Company can now be reset to start over • Fuel has been removed from the game • Fixes for Leaderboards getting stuck • You can get up to 32 Achievements on Steam • You can earn Trading Cards / Badges • Changed contract time of mercs from real time to game time, so you don't lose your team if you are on vacation for a bit
What does the update mean for current players?
1) We are going to stop offering any free to play version on the Steam store as well as through gamigo. We have reworked the balancing to get rid of f2p mechanics and grind (see more details below) and all the other crap that stopped people from enjoying the game fully. 2) Everyone who has previously had an account saved will be transferred to the new servers and can continue to play. YOUR DATA IS SAFE. We will keep everyone's company and progress exactly as it was! Gamigo users will be getting an update on how this works for them from gamigo;. Steam users who have purchased the campaign pack or any DLC can simply continue to play and will receive the update as well of course.
We sincerely hope that this will allow people to give the game another spin - which also means PvP will become more viable, as it is an extremely cool gameplay experience!
Way too much scum is crawling around in Bovilia’s ruins again, and they are organizing themselves. We managed to intercept some enemy transmissions regarding a convoy transporting weapons and other resources for the rebels’ camps. Weapons that might be worth having a look at! You wouldn’t mind checking it out and redecorating the area with some nice rebel-guts for the upcoming tourism season and for some nice loot, right?
Start: 25. July 2013 – 01:01am CEST / 6pm CDT End: 26. July 2013 – 00:59am CEST / 05:59pm CDT Requirements: level 50
Win Conditions: - Reach Warzone Bovilia rank 1 with your alliance. and/or - Be one of the best 3 merc-companies and not part of the winning alliance. and/or - Take part, score more than 500 points and be one of the 5 lucky raffle winners that will be drawn randomly by our raffle-bunny.
Rewards: Unique Item that is not available in the game Legendary or Epic items As a special gift, all rewards for this event can be transferred to a different player of your choice And of course, some Crafting items, Diplomatic Passports, Cash
You have from today, 3pm CEST until Tuesday in a week to post your most amazing enemy kill(s) screenshots on our website cliffhanger-production.com in the Forums.
Posts submitted after Tuesday, 2nd July 2013, 15:00 CEST / 8am CDT will not be counted anymore.
Internally, we will make the pre-selection of the best 5 Screenshots.
Those screenshots will then be posted on Wednesday, 3rd of July.
You will have 48 hours from the time of the poll-start to vote for your favourite screenshot.
On Thursday, 4th July, we are going to announce the 3 winners with the most votes on the Cliffhanger Productions Forums as well as on the relevant platform forums.
Clarification: It doesn't matter if they are "in the process of dying" or already lying there - both count. We don’t care if the screenshot is taken in a normal contract, mission, pvp-match, Warzone, etc. as long as it’s not a merc of your company and as long as it looks cool and/or even funny.
Steam Users, please post the screenshots like this: 1. Press F12 to make a screenshot of what you currently see in-game 2. After you close JAO, Steam will ask you in a separate window, which of the screenshots you made you would like to upload. Select the best one and upload them to your account. 3. In your Profile under “Screenshots” you can open single screenshots in a separate window. 4. Here you can copy the URL of your screenshot. 5. Paste the screenshot and your company name in the Cliffhanger Forum under http://www.cliffhanger-productions.com/scripts/forum/index.php?topic=425.0
Features: - Costs of an additional merc slot were decreased to 15,000 Cash for each. - Everyone who has already bought merc slots will get a cash rebate. 10,000 for the first one, 35,000 for the second one and 85,000 for every slot thereafter.
- Every company now starts with 4 merc slots instead of 3. - AP and HP ammo is no longer sold in the shop but will still be available as loot and as rewards from warzones and contracts. This is to make matches fairer for PvP only players.
- Armor values were decreased by 25% to counter the missing AP ammo. Attention: This makes missions more challenging!
- Armour durability loss is now visualized in the 3D map by blue floating texts upon being hit.
- Using medkits costs now 6 AP.
- Influence of half cover on base accuracy has been increased by 10%, thus making it more important to take cover.