Features: - Main screen adjustments: Removal of Quick Join, renaming of Matches as Play (with the removal of Quick Join, the language of the UI needed to be made more direct) - Match List rearrangement - listing of matches will now go as follows (from top to bottom): scrambled not yet started, unscrambled not yet started, scrambled in progress, unscrambled in progress. - Ability to block/mute during match via crew screen (with tab key) - Rank numerals displayed in match via crew screen (with tab key) - Progression page adjustments - removal of Summary page, with relevant information displayed on Log page - Adding sound for equipping and changing the zoom level of the Spyglass - Switched crew signals (voice command) sound from 2D to 3D sound - Adding sounds for 'miss hit' with the tools (for the extinguisher, chem spray)
Bug Fixes: - Fixed inability to rejoin a match you were just spectating - Fixed a bug where going to spectator from crew slot right before match start, then leave match from spectator after match start causes leave count to go up. - Fixed a bug where switching to spectate last second as a captain breaks the lobby and keeps people in the connecting window till they exit the game. People should no longer get a leave count. - Fixed a bug where when someone is on the helm no engine noises are being played. Fixed a bug where explosion spark was missing a material (showed as occasional pink squares in ship death effect) - Fixed a bug where join match from friend list didn’t work - Fixed a bug where the spot box became massively skewed when looking through heavy flak sights - Fixed the snapping issues when trying to stand on guns/engines (most visible on Spire) - Fixed a lighting glitch in ship customization - Improved performance on ship transform hierarchy - Fixed an issue where --resetToDefaults was not correctly applied at startup - Fixed a bug that could cause no skills to be loaded on entering a match
Balance - Refinery—Goals 600 from 650 points, Capture Time: 25s from 30s - Labyrinth—Goals: 525 from 600 points, Capture Time: 20s from 35s - Scrap—Goals: 600 from 800 points, Capture Time: 20s from 25s - Anglean—Goals: 550 from 675 points, Capture Time: 25s from 35s - Flayed—Capture Time: 30s from 40s
- Artemis— Muzzle Speed reduced to 575m/s from 700m/s (Shell Life adjusted to maintain ~1330m range), Project Expansion (where the bullet hitbox expands as it travels) Reduced by 30%, AoE Burst Size Reduced to 2.5m from 3.5m, Yaw Speed decreased to 25 degrees/s from 30 d/s
We had a hotfix deployed (build 403) at 6AM EST! Changes include:
- "Black screen" bug on returning from matches should be fixed - Spawn adjustments. Initial-spawn and single-use spawn points work as intended now. There are also corresponding data changes in pursuit of awkm's master plan. - Fixed a memory leak (which contributed to out-of-memory crash reports) - Fixed an exception during equipment load that could leave you unable to use any tool or get on helm/gun - Fixed some exceptions during match end screen (may have caused stability problems there) - Fixed a bug with reconnection that would cause the message "login failed: no valid session" - Fixed some leaking explosion/audio effects - Fixed a bug that could cause an AI crewmember to never replace a missing human, if they left during loading - Fixed bugged reticle after getting off the Lumberjack - Fixed a networking bug that would cause severe "lag spikes" in the face of minor packet loss - Fixed a bug that could cause friend list to disappear
Valve just released a new review system for Steam games. Those of us on the Muse Games team who have you on our friends lists already see your recommendations and reviews showing up. But we can do better!
Your reviews and recommendations were automatically set to private so only friends can see them. This means no one can see the 5500+ recommendations we've earned from all of you out there. Those recommendations mean a lot to us and can mean a lot to new people seeing our store page for the very first time.
Take some time and poke around with your existing recommendations, try to flip it to public to help us out. And if you haven't already, write a review of us and recommend the game to your friends!
tl;dr Valve's new review system is awesome but made most of our 5500+ recommendations/reviews private. Help us set them to public to let the world know how awesome you think this game is!
— Dev Hour takes place everyday this week at 1pm US eastern time.
— We’ll be in game a lot this week, culminating in a marathon stream on Destructoid’s Friday Night Fights (Friday 7pm US eastern). Other stream hours are: 4:30-5pm US eastern M, W, F. 6:30pm US eastern Tu, Th. And Dev Fireside is at the same time this week (Friday 3pm US eastern)
- Exclusive anniversary hats are now available for a limited time. If you login from now til 11/5, you can unlock the hats for free!
- Hat dyes – You can now use the same dyes you have to dye your hats as well. From the same menu that you were using to dye your costumes, you will now see an extra selection to dye your hats.
- Text display and voices for key command system
– Voice commands! Featuring the voice acting of Forrest Tollen, and Jacob Burgess, and Elspeth Eastman. 4 character voices (2 male 2 female) now available when you issue commands with the V key and the command tree in match.
- Hat dye. You can now dye your hats along with your costumes using the same dyes.
- Latency indication in match list as well as match creation. You can now see what your ping time is to each of the server regions, so you can join or create the matches that give you the smoothest experience.
- Expanded tutorials to cover skills, weapons vs components, mini-map, tab, scope, and types of repairs. Note: Gunner advanced tutorial needed more bug testing, so will be hotfixed in shortly.
- Voice chat volume priority: Captain > Party > Crew.
- New muzzle flash effects for each special ammo type
- Confirmation prompt when changing player name
- Clan tag clarity: Added a clan tag change button in addition to character name change in Social page.
- Shots from raycast weapons (Gatling and carronades) are no longer instantaneous (among other things, ensures Gatling effects timing lines up accurately with simulation and makes leading more intuitive.)
- New compass UI, generally clearer plus:
– Shows control points labeled with letter and activity status
– Ship icons are team-colored and change to indicated spotted or prioritized enemies
– Indicates when spotted enemies are behind you
- Updated fire stack HUD, new icon when components takes more than 8 fire charges
- Timer for AFK rejoin – plugging AFK rejoin exploit
- AI now remains active until player finishes connecting or reconnecting mid-match
- In-match, ESC to clear typed chat / signal input rather than bring up menu
- In pre-game match lobby, ESC exits public profile / achievement checklist.
- Ability for GMs & Mods to close and rename matches to better enable us to troubleshoot in game as well as respond to your reports and concerns raised about match naming.
- More character locomotion animations
- Bounty indication colors in bounty board (black: claimed) and scoreboards (red class icon: bounty)