Product Update - Valve
August 10th, 2012
Character Balance & Gameplay fixes
- Derpl will no longer be stuck in the jumppads in the middle of Ribbit IV
- Improved base health of Droids, and their health increase during gameplay
- turretmode bullets range improved, base 7.4 > 7.6, upgrade 2 > 2.4
- trap snare duration upgrades changed 0.5 > 0.4, 1 > 0.8
- trap cooldown changed 5 > 6
- ball lightning range upgrade now also increases speed
- ball lightning blind upgrade buffed, 1.5 > 3 Seconds.
- ball lightning damage changed, base 25 > 35, upgrades 15 > 5, upgrade cost 205 > 180
- ball lightning cooldown changed, base 7 > 5.5, upgrade -1.5 > -1
- grenades now always explode on contact after 0.3 Seconds. This is no longer affected by the bounce upgrade
- missile string with upgraded attack speed should now be correct
- attack speed upgrades fixed (order was incorrect: second tier was weaker than first)
- crit upgrade split into two upgrades that add +10 damage each. Critchance remains 15%
- base attack speed reduced 150 > 136, upgrade cost 195 > 215
- healing speed changed 60 > 67
- drone cooldown reduction upgrade fixed
- fixed that Healbot knockback on blue team was inverted (pull instead of push)
- Froggy G
- dash cooldown upgrade cost 110 > 120, 180 > 190
- dash stun upgrade cost 130 > 140
- Shot attack speed upgrade cost 145 > 165
- Shot range upgrade cost 145 > 185
- fixed timing inconsistencies with healing bubble
General fixes: major fixes
- fixed a crash when switching control scheme while a popup is being opened or closed
- achievement Masters Of The Universe has been fixed
- fixed that only one wireless Xbox controller was usable at once
- fixed that non-Xbox controllers that output as XInput were read double, causing one controller to control two splitscreen players (for example Logitech F310)
- music now mutes when the game window does not have focus (on alt+tab, for example)
- instead of crashing, game now shows a message if videocard drivers are grossly out of date
General fixes: minor fixes
- fixed that some network packages were lost before sending. This is probably only a minor networking improvement
- number of Solar Bosses killed is now tracked in the stats screen
- descriptions for the "Hawk Wolf Puma Bear" fixed in Spanish, French
- fixed that second bottom turret in Ribbit IV could sometimes be attacked from the back without returning fire
- window now minimizes when browser links in main menu are clicked
- improved menu controls with some control schemes in some specific places
- removed mute button from scorescreen and controls scheme configuration screen (button didnt do anything)
- various other minor fixes to functionality and texts
Topics that didnt make it into this patch and that we are working on:
- new character Gnaw will come soon!
- some players get excessive lag or too many network errors. Less than 0.1% of players cannot enter an online match at all. We are working on this.
- we are still looking for a fix for some players with various Nvidia cards who can only run on Low graphics quality, or not at all.
- a couple of players with specific Asus laptops cannot start the game at all. We are still looking for a fix for this.
- some users claim that there are bugs in the Rankings calculations, so we have added additional logging to be able to research that. If you see things like that you win and then see your ranking decrease, then send us a log plus extensive description of what happened, so that we can check what is going on.
- besides new characters and various fixes, we are working on something Really Cool And New (tm). We will not yet tell you what that is. Muhaha!