Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
Can you spot the bugs in this trailer for the HD remake of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath for the PlayStation 3?
That's right, they're hanging out in the ammo slots for Stranger's critter-launching crossbow, one of the greatest first-person shooter weapons of all time. It shoots insects, chipmunks, small fuzzy ball creatures, and more, and it's never looked as good as it will once the game hits the PS3.
And when will that be? Redeveloper Just Add Water says they're in beta now, having completed updating all 83 characters in the game, tweaking the user interface, and overhauling most of the environmental textures and some of the geometry. They've even added some easter eggs and unlockable extras to sweeten the deal.
I love the original game like a fat kid loves ice cream (speaking from experience). With its stunning new look, Stranger's Wrath HD could be the most delicious bowl of ice cream ever, bugs and all.
Debut Trailer for Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD for PS3 [PlayStation Blog]
Jan 21, 2011
Product Update - Valve
Updates to Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Performance issues.
- Save game permissions issues. Save games and config file are now saved in "Program Files" to "\Documents\Oddworld\Stranger's Wrath".
- Controls "sticking" issues.
- Fixed tutorial text - Camera mode switch button text.
- Fixed turorial text - Camera reset button text.
- Fixed broken achievement "Mine your business".
- Fixed incorrect texts being displayed in controls Layout screens.
- Fixed 5.1 and 7.1 audio.
- Fixed Mouse lag.
- Fixed issue with only 1 of 3 dialogue lines working in Jail house.
- Fixed first person view on nVidia boards.
- Added screen resolution selection to launcher.
- Added v-sync option to launcher.
- Added joystick selection to launcher.
- Added customisable controls.
- Added support for third party "generic" joypads.
- Added widescreen suppport.
- Re-authored Keyboard "layout" screen in options.
- Removed automatic joypad detection.