Product Update - Valve
Sep 10, 2012
The latest patch includes the following:
• Fix for achievements text
• Updated Credits Movie
• Changes to Host Migration (patched on server)
• Fix for G1 skins being playable in Multiplayer (patched on server)
• Connectivity Bars in Game now reflect connectivity properly
• Network connectivity support for users who don’t have a Router has been enabled
• Scientist is now awarded 1 point on the leaderboard for every 3 full heals in Conquest and Headhunter Multiplayer modes only.
MULTIPLAYER CLASS FIXES/BALANCE
• Scatterblaster damage increased to 15 per pellet from 12 – Those who got early access to the demo know the scatter blaster started off as a beastly weapon, we overshot our correction and we’re hopeful we've found the right setting.
• Fireblast upgrade burn damage increased from 15 per second to 20 per second – The reduction in pellet damage was not being offset enough by the fire damage, so we’ve upped the fire damage a bit, each shot will do an extra 10 fire damage.
• EMP Intercooler upgrade now changes the grenade recharge to 10 seconds instead of 7.5 – We know its super fun to run around throwing emp grenades willy-nilly, but it was too much. Besides, you can get the Intercooler pickup and still go crazy.
• Gear Shredder homing increased – This weapon is showing up as the weakest of the scientist weapons and we think the best way to improve it is to increase its homing function.
• Sentry Damage increased from 8 to 10 per shot – The sentry was not quite giving the offensive boost we were hoping for, this should help.
• Reduce the Thermo Rocket Cannon damage from 300 to 250 - The Destroyer was showing up as the most powerful class by a small margin and we think the Thermo Rocket Cannon is a big reason.
• Chaos Rift Combuster Damage and Damage Radius significantly increased – You should be doing closer to 300 damage if you manage to hit a guy with both the initial blast and a cluster bomb. Hopefully this make the Combuster a better option.
• Barrier Cooldown increased from 7 to 10 seconds – 7 was too fast, it was practically always available
• Harvester damage reduced from 20 to 17 – This combination of damage output and healing was too much, we’re preserving the healing functionality and reducing damage.
• EDK Techvolt damage increased to 140 from 115 – The beams look cool, but it needed a little more bite.
• Flak Shield can absorb 500 damage instead of 666 – The flak shield was showing up as clearly being a better choice than whirlwind so we’re slightly reducing its power.
Tuning changes from High Moon integrated into the game described by: http://www.highmoonstudios.com/community/hms/blog