Product Update - Valve
8 srp. 2012
NEW! JOKER DISTRIBUTION CENTER OPENS IN BREAKWATER MARINA!
- Joker Distribution has opened a branch in the social district and employed Ophelia and Wilde as representatives. Bring the Joker tokens you earn in Fight Club to them and exchange them for cool new weapons, clothing and vehicles - some of which you can see on display throughout the store. Will you be the first to unlock the ridiculously opulent Crown Imperial?!
NEW FEATURE - ACTIVITIES!
- New to Fight Club are Activities: Activities will require you to perform small tasks whilst on a Fight Club mission. An example would be "Kill 3 enemy players with your sidearm" or "Obtain 3 assists".
- There are 3 tiers of Activities: Bronze, Silver and Gold. Each tier will increase the challenge of the activity but will net you a greater reward as you go. Attaining a Bronze or Silver rank will reward you on the spot, however attaining a gold rank will net you a significantly larger reward at the end of the week. Individual activities can be skipped every 6 minutes and you will receive a different activity to perform, for those of you who would rather not obtain 3 assists for example.
- We are introducing this to Fight Club to begin with, with hopes of introducing it to the action districts and general missions as well, we are using Fight Club as a testing ground to study how successful the activity system is.
Please do not hesitate to provide us with feedback on the new system.
NEW FEATURE - TITLES!
- These appear below your player name on the HUD and can be seen by other players. You can change your title via the Character Info or Character Inventory screens. You unlock more through completing in-game achievements and roles, ranking up, or purchasing them with Joker Tickets from Ophelia in Breakwater Marina. By default your title is your rank name, but various others are available. You can even choose no title, or, if you are in a Clan and are a Premium member, the name of your Clan.
OTHER FEATURE CHANGES!
- Added Camera tilt. Your camera will now tilt in accordance with the direction you are leaning.
- Added an option to disable mouse smoothing.
- Re-Adding High-Heels now a major issue with them is now fixed. These have been added to the Joker Distribution Center and will be on Armas in the future.
- Teammate stuns will now award friendly Stun Demerits when in a mission and trigger the team kill kick system in Fight Club.
- Adding a few non-unlockable Vaquero parts to be gifted to all players with a Vaquero.
- Added an animated background for the death screen.
- Added a new background for the district spawn selection screen.
- Changed several display points in Social to be usable by both factions. This includes the areas outside Rendevous and the new Joker Distribution store.
- Added a new splash screen for 1.9.0.
- Devil Dog has a new perch...
MISSION AND WEAPON CHANGES!
- Disabled missions that use trucks as they are very unpopular.
- OSMAW and the PMG now have skins available for player selection and use.
- Levels 1, 7, 12 and 16 of Pointman and Rifleman unlock Solid Stock variants of the OCA/JG and NTEC respectively.
- Increasing the Sprint Delay from 0.25 to 0.45 seconds. This means you will be unable to sprint for approximately half a second after firing your weapon.
- The Joker RFP-9 now has increased accuracy loss when sprinting. This means you'll need about half a second after sprinting to fire accurately.
- Increased the aiming walk speed of the STAR-556 'LCR' significantly.
- ASSISTS: Fixed an issue were assists were not always given. Assists are now awarded to all players that dealt damage to the player that died - though only the player that did the most damage other than the killer will show on the assist hud.
- VFX: Checkpoint volumes are now correctly cleaned up when a mission ends.
- EXPLOIT: Fixed an exploit which allowed players to fire faster than intended.
- EXPLOIT: Fixed a roof next to a Ga5 station in Financial that players could use to exploit task items.
- ACHIEVEMENTS: "Kind of a Big Deal" should now unlock correctly.
- MISSIONS: Fixed issues with the final stage of the Criminal mission "Antisocial Networking".
- MISSIONS: Fixing mission 'Bookie on the Run' so criminals can interact with task items spawned by the Investigation on Stage 4. This also shortens the Investigate time of stage 7 in 'Top Cop Chop-Shop Shock'.
- PHYSX: PhysX initialisation failures will now display message boxes and close the game gracefully instead of crashing.
- GAMEPLAY: Players will now drop a carried task item when they deploy a field supplier. This will also mean their deployed weapon will update correctly when it is changed.
- GAMEPLAY: Players will no longer be penalized with a "Team Kill" if they shot a vehicle that has Brick/Meteor activated before it kills a player. Now, when a vehicle explodes while the Brick/Meteor mod is active, the resulting kills will be attributed to the last person to drive the vehicle.
- CUSTOMISATION: Reworked height adjustment in the persona editor. This will standardize the position of decals and controls, but when re-sizing a character in the Persona Editor they will stretch from the middle rather than from the legs.
- PLEASE NOTE: This may cause some decals/tattoos to now be miss-aligned. Unfortunately this is a side effect of us resolving this issue. Our apologies if this issue affects you.
- TASK ITEMS: Increased Task Interaction distance for Task Items. This fixes an issue where players could park vehicles / ram props over task items in order to stop them being interactable.
- CRASH FIXES: Fixed various client crashes.
- CHECKPOINTS: Moved the checkpoint on the Balcony, across the road from the Casino in the Financial district, as it was very difficult to get heavy task items to it.
- UI: Fixed an issue that was preventing the text highlights working in the Ceremony messages.
- UI: Implemented the correct lighting setup for the inspect UI.
- UI - MUSIC STUDIO: If highlighted by the mouse pointer the keyboard sections scrolls independently of the track section, causing them to be misaligned. This is no longer the case.
- UI: Vendors should properly hide assets that are not for the players gender. If they are shown for any other reason, it should at least show that you cannot equip it because you are of the wrong gender.
- UI: Adding Prentiss Tiger's skin to list of available NTEC Skins.
- UI: Fixed and issue that would occasionally show a HUD marker, for a player carrying a task item, in the wrong location.
- UI: Removing Simon Tran and Pagan Bloodrose from Waterfront contacts list.
- AUDIO: Removal of a broken audio emitter from Financial that was playing club music in a residential area.
- AUDIO: Fixing audio on the Pioneer 'Inside-Out'.
- AUDIO: The SoundFX for Nitro is now (finally) working again!
- ENVIRONMENTS - FINANCIAL: Tweaks to TipToe's area to prevent players exploiting the roofs. Changed the checkpoints on the upper floor of the car park so that they are no longer vehicle drop-off points.
- ENVIRONMENTS - FINANCIAL: The back of the Praetorian sign on the offices of Le Boyce has been fixed.
- ENVIRONMENTS - FINANCIAL: Lighting fixes for the doors in block across the street from Le Boyce.
- ENVIRONMENTS - FINANCIAL: Fixed the ramp in front of the car park that previously had a hole in it.
- ENVIRONMENTS - FINANCIAL: Fixed the bullet collision with the Information desk in the Subway entrance.
- ENVIRONMENTS - FINANCIAL: Fixed the lighting issues around Le Boyce's office area.
- ENVIRONMENTS - FINANCIAL: Fixed various areas in Financial that previously allowed players to escape from the world.
- ENVIRONMENTS - FINANCIAL: Vehicle spawner put back in The Needles after being accidentally removed in the previous patch.
- ENVIRONMENTS - SOCIAL: Players are no longer able to jump out of bounds in the Social district.
- ENVIRONMENTS - WATERFRONT: Adding blocking volumes to Waterfront and removed a mission prop that was both hard to capture and provided access to an undesirable area.
- ENVIRONMENTS - WATERFRONT: Lighting fixes for an area behind the Medical College that was not being lit correctly.
- ENVIRONMENTS - WATERFRONT: Door fixed at the back of the Medical College so that it is the correct way around on both sides.
- ENVIRONMENTS - WATERFRONT: Fixed an exploit that allowed players to warp inside a sewer pipe.
- ENVIRONMENTS - WATERFRONT: Fixed the lighting of props and doors around a warehouse in Waterfront.
- ENVIRONMENTS - WATERFRONT: Fixed an issue with the visibility of an out of bounds area in the south west section of Waterfront.
- ENVIRONMENTS - WATERFRONT: Fixed an issue that allowed players to shoot through a wall at the dock in Waterfront.
- ENVIRONMENTS - WATERFRONT: Fixed various areas in Waterfront that previously allowed players to escape from the world.
- ENVIRONMENTS - WATERFRONT: Adjusting blocking volume around fence near Britney Bloodrose to prevent access to a balcony.
- ENVIRONMENTS - WATERFRONT: Moved some of the checkpoints near the Villanueva, to make them more accessible.