Product Update - Valve
22 декември 2011
ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead VERSION 1.60 HIGHLIGHTS
* New features: FXAA Anti-Aliasing mode, user-definable memory allocators, new scripting commands, new commandline options
* Multiplayer is much smoother, no more warping, includes number of fixes, optimizations and improvements
* Netcode, VON and dedicated server fixes plus configuration additions in place
* Singleplayer received visual states smoothing and prediction (notable e.g. on distant units)
* AI is improved, especially (but not only) in combat, AI has received numerous bug fixes
* Aircraft & Helicopters simulation received slight improvements
* ARMA 2, ARMA 2: OA, ARMA 2: EW campaigns and stand-alone missions received special treatment to get rid of most from really annoying bugs
* official expansions & product combinations unified in way to allow easier operation of all distributions (separated installs/Steam/Desura) for build-in expansions manager
* Documentation to accompany these changes is available on our community wiki BIKI: http://community.bistudio.com/ and our BIForum http://forums.bistudio.com/
* ARMA 2: BAF and ARMA 2: PMC got their share of fixes too
Version 1.60 related informations:
the changelog is always approximate, we suggest You to read also CIT (Community Issue Tracker) roadmap of resolved/closed bug/feature tickets:
* ARMA 2: OA version 1.60 beta builds - http://dev-heaven.net/versions/1010
* ARMA 2: OA version 1.60 Release Candidates - http://dev-heaven.net/versions/1174
The complete list of all previous and upcoming versions and theirs progress is available on URL below (the size of page is huge so it may take while to load)
We would like to thanks all BIF & CIT staff/mods/volunteers, whole ARMA community, our partners and everyone who helped us to release this mega-patch!
Merry Christmas time, great holidays and Happy New Year! - see http://www.bistudio.com/happy-holidays/
Version 1.59-1.60 Changelog
ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations Engine
* Improved: Expansions manager, registry controlled expansions
* Changed: Default maxPacketSize reduced from 1490 to 1400 to improve compatibility with exotic MTU settings (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9719)
* Fixed: Player state transferred corrently even for distant players (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27200)
* New: -malloc=system can be used to force using Windows allocator even when allocator dlls are present.
* Fixed: Missing reloading sound while reloading animation from another player in Multiplayer (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18754)
* Fixed: Failed to load TextureHeaderManager from file on Linux servers
* Changed: AI airplane always using lights during landing, taxiing and takeoff.
* Fixed: Lens flares positioned badly when 3D resolution different from 2D resolution.
* Improved: Airborne airplanes now rendered in larger distances.
* Changed: AI airplane always using lights during landing, taxiing and takeoff.
* Fixed: Lens flares positioned badly when 3D resolution different from 2D resolution.
* New: Ground effect computed for airplanes (0-10% depending on height)
* New: Ground effect computed for helicopters (based on http://www.cybercom.net/~copters/aero/ground_effect.html)
* Fixed: Helicopter autohover was wobbling a lot (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4478)
* New: Commandline -checkSignatures to provide thorough test of all signatures of all loaded banks at the start game. Output is in rpt file.
* New: -beta=xxxx as alternative to -mod=xxxx to allow using beta files without affecting mod handling.
* Changed: Mod list configured by ModLauncher is saved inside game config instead of user profile.
* Added: HitPart event now contains Ammo type name
* Fixed: CWR2 Camel was unable to takeoff (flew close to stall after take off, never recovering).
* New: Player name validation when editing a profile name.
* New: Scripting command visiblePosition to obtain object position as visible on screen (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26591)
* Fixed: Helicopter slow after GET OUT waypoint when CYCLE was used as well.
* New: Editor: Visual indication of the selected target for CYCLE waypoint.
* Fixed: Vehicles attached on ships attached to objects sometimes destroyed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26668)
* Fixed: Cannot manipulate doors after game was aborted with doors in transit. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26702)
* New: Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing (FXAA), http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma2oa.cfg
* Fixed: "Direct" chat sometimes not working (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26422)
* Fixed: Dead body temperature was not saved (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25466)
* MP: Fixed: When a player was JIP-ing, traffic for all other players was significantly reduced (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26408#note-48)
* Fixed: Massive network traffic optimization during Join in Progress (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26408#note-48)
* Fixed: Searchlight turning itself off for non-server clients (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4449)
* Fixed: Action taking magazine from a backback has sometimes failed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25927)
* Fixed: Gamespy Server signature list contains often twice "bi" (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23752)
* Improved: MP: Diary statistics not available in MP when NetStats is disabled (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26435)
* Improved: Dedicated server console now supporting Unicode and long output (using Rich Edit Control).
* Fixed: Issues with v2 signatures - causing random check to fail (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26323)
* Changed: AI gunner is no longer firing at friendly units when ordered to target them.
* Fixed: Locked MP role slots after BattlEye kick.
* Fixed: MP: Countermeasures released automatically for a player commanded tank (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17458)
* Fixed: MP: Countermeasures released by AI were multipled by the number of other connected players.
* Fixed: MP: Loosing gear due to water no longer multiplied for each player (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26162)
* Improved thermal imaging for models with no TI data (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16673)
* Fixed: Server response unreliable with long keys (e.g. mod lists) (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23389)
* Fixed: Soldier running instead of crawling through holes (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25348)
* Fixed: AI without weapon stuck when crouched (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16229)
* Prevent crouched AI from sprinting (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24405)
* New: A command line argument -par=filename can be specified to provide a parameter file (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26103)
* New: Window title includes player name when running windowed to make testing with multiple instances easier.
* Fixed: Tanks were not damaged under water when fps was very high (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25835)
* Improved: Improved AI/autopilot landing abilities (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25419)
* Fixed: Trigger "Detected by" sometimes did not fire when unit was only known about indirectly, e.g. because of a kill (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25768)
* Fixed: AI sometimes has forgotten a recently seen kill (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25768) (result of http://dev-heaven.net/issues/2067#note-12)
* New: Custom memory allocator support (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Custom_Memory_Allocator)
* Fixed: Shadows were not cast on on-surface objects, like helipads.
* Changed: attachTo with the same object no longer resets attached object orientation (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25272)
* Fixed: There was no debriefing after MP game ends after saving the game.
* Fixed: MP: Bullet tracers of remote vehicles not reliable (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25601).
* Fixed: SaveVar did not work in MP Campaign.
* New: Scripting command reveal has a new variant, group reveal [target, accuracy]. To reveal target side use 1.5 (default reveal used accuracy=1).
* Fixed: Crash or game corruption when loading a game with clients already connected (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24676)
* New: Server admin can check build numbers of clients using #userlist.
* Fixed: magazinesTurret [-1] sometimes returning wrong list or even crashing.
* Changed: MP: BLUFOR roles are now assigned before OPFOR by default.
* Fixed: Reassign allowed clients to use a role reserved for a host.
* Optimized: Faster preload in multiplayer ("Receiving" mission, switching from map).
* Fixed: Remote units init event handle is no longer run before fully initialized (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25225)
* Changed: Init handlers executed immediately, not queued for later execution like other events.
* Changed: MP: Units are no longer moved to a new group when they timeout getin (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25095#note-75)
* Fixed: Scripting command "Reveal" left target side as unknown, requiring visual confirmation (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25266#note-8)
* Fixed: Bullets damage reduced too much over distance (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11479)
* Fixed: Global event handlers (including onPlayerDisconnected and onMapSingleClick) cleaned when MP debriefing starts (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16261)
* New: Window title includes Host or Admin status when running windowed to make testing with multiple instances easier.
* Fixed: in config parameter initTurn in turrets work again
* Improved: Direct damage is no longer artificaly reduced for lying soldiers (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20441)
* Optimized: Unknown targets no longer saved, significantly reducing savegame size.
* Optimized: No longer saving "visionPars" and "magazineSlotsOpticsModes" when not used.
* Fixed: Group names were not reused after deleteGroup (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11483)
* Improved: AI smarter in using binoculars.
* Fixed: Objects close to bushes or trees sometimes ignored during visibility testing (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25230)
* Fixed: Order of init event handlers and init commands was reversed since 1.57 beta (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14766)
* Fixed: script command FOR (BASIC) can use capital characters in variable
* Optimized: MP: Improved server performance in complex missions.
* Optimized: MP: Reduced number of messages send during JIP to complex missions.
* Fixed: Slight cursor offset when selecting items in the listboxes (like mission selection).
* Improved: MP: Smoother motion of distant units (Default value of MinErrorToSend changed to 0.001, introduced new value MinErrorToSendNear with a default value of 0.01).
* Fixed: MP game crashed after loading a save from a complex mission (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24676)
* Fixed: AI was often not watching unidentified targets (causing http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24631)
* Fixed: turret tug after crew turn-in
* Improved: loading of binarized bikb files now supported.
* Improved: MP: Remote units should move a lot smoother.
* Fixed: DisableSerialization breaks spawn script variables after Load.
* New: New entry requiredBuild=xxxxx; in server.cfg preventing obsolete clients to connect. Not reliable until 1.60, clients are still able to connect.
* Optimized: MP: Reduced bandwidth used by standing AI soldiers.
* Fixed: MP: Remote units jumping back when stopping (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24034)
* Fixed: MP: Reduced bandwith usage in missions with many soldiers.
* Improved: Better error message shown when memory allocation fails because of too small page file.
* Improved: Abnormal program termination by an error message is now more robust, less likely to cause a bogus crash report or to miss the message box.
* Fixed: Weapons on pylons changed positions after fireAtTarget (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24046)
* Fixed: Tanks sometimes braking too much or even reversing a bit when slowing down.
* Fixed: AI subordinates sometimes slowing down too much when navigating around obstacles.
* Fixed: Possible crash after calling joinSilent and deleteVehicle.
* Fixed: Rare problem of AI fleeing when all enemies mounted vehicles.
* Fixed: AI not engagign through glass and other penetrable surfaces (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4438).
* Fixed: Lipsync for radio not working.
* Fixed: AI no longer seeing through dense grass (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5785)
* Fixed: Attached objects no longer causing slow car movement.
* Improved: AI skill settings in difficulty options easier to use.
* Improved: Soldier movement more natural when doing "scan horizon".
* Changed: Danger FSM event DCFire is now sent only when unit not in the combat mode yet (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23160)
* Fixed: AI units often not engaging close enemies (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18951, http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22935)
* New: scripting function "assignedTeam xxx" returns colored team to which a commander of given vehicle belongs to.
* Fixed: Most units had maximum skill, ignoring values set in the mission (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4483)
* Fixed: More space for GameSpy QR2 signature key answer.
* Fixed: low game fps causing innacurate AI weapon aiming (see also http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22974)
* Changed: Temporarily abandoned vehicles are no longer considered neutral (AI continues engaging them).
* Fixed: tugging tracks on tanks
* Fixed: AI units no longer firing at empty enemy vehicles (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5183)
* Fixed: Walking no longer causes prone-style recoil to be used. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22828)
* Fixed: AI no longer considering a car horn as a threat.
* Fixed: AI no longer using AA against ground targets or guided missiles against soft targets unless desperate (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/7578)
* Fixed: Enemy fire no longer reported by units which cannot be aware of it.
* Fixed: Units equipped with NVG no longer turn on the flashlights on their own (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13041)
* Fixed: setMimic working, acceptable mimics are: "neutral", "dead", "danger", "hurt", "aware", "safe", "combat" (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/6638)
* Improved: AI considering threats uphill from it a bit more when planning a path.
* Fixed: Object variable space was not cleared reset between missions (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13620)
* Fixed: Sky sometimes changing abruptly (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8072)
* Improved: AI is less able to detect enemies in forests (improved estimation on "disappearing in a pattern" for forests).
* Fixed: AI vehicles could spot previously known targets even out of their visual cone (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18846)
* Fixed: Occasional visual artifacts caused by rabbit animation interpolation since 79670 (thanks to Sniperwolf572 and F2k Sel for finding the repro).
* Fixed: Signature checking of BAF/PMC addons.
* New: Command line option -nosound to run the game without accessing audio devices.
* Optimized: Some background file operations are faster, esp. with low fps (should fix http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22227)
* Optimized: Visual state interpolation fully enabled. (http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/company/developers-blog/230-experimental-betas-interpolating-the-future)
* Fixed: Weapons no leaving hands while turning when prone
* Fixed: Message "Creating debriefing" no longer appearing in the rpt file.
* Improved: AI helicopter attempt to land when hit during an attach run.
* Fixed: Crash opportunity when camera object was deleted.
* Improved: AI landing more reliable with broken back rotor.
* New: AI FSMs can be disabled using unit disableAI "FSM".
* Fixed: AI road vehicle avoidance improved.
* Fixed: PMC videos flashing (since 80298).
* Experimental: Memory allocator can be selected using -malloc=N with N=0..4.
* Fixed: No longer display names of buildings hidden by accuracy (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20503)
* Fixed: Occasional fps drop when AI was getting in a vehicle.
* Optimized: Much faster visibility testing when many units are around, esp. when they are not moving a lot.
* Fixed: AI planes were climing/diving wildly during formation flying.
* Improved: AI takeoff improved, L-39 or Su-34 can now lift from all Chernarus airfields.
* Fixed: Airplane control surfaces position could reach impossible values with keyboard controls (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/2314)
* Optimized: Reduced frame rate drops caused by texture loading (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14397)
* New: Mods can be configured using Windows Registry.
* Fixed: AI warping at distance in singleplayer (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/1915)
* New: parameter "angle" for reflectors
* Fixed: Possible freeze after alt-tab in window mode.
* New: Helipads can be placed on a carrier deck and AI helicopter can land on them.
* Fixed: Airplane sometimes crashed after landing autopilot was activated.
* Fixed: Crash when assembling GMG, L2A1 crew served weapons.
* New: AI able to STOL on runways shorter than 500 m.
* Impoved: Aircraft can be placed on carrier deck in the editor.
ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Missions
* Fixed: SC 48 Sector Control is missing ammo for Mk17 EGLM RCO and Mk17 TWS SD (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11778)
* Fixed: Boot Camp 01: Basic Training - MOUT Saber team attacks too early if player is doing Anti-Tank range first (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16362)
More details at http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Operation_Arrowhead:_Version_History