AMD Catalyst™ 11.9 Windows Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Oct 5, 2011
Feature highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.9 driver:
AMD HD3D support enhancement
- Enables AMD HD3D technology support on DisplayPort panels, such as Samsung 750 and 950 series 3D displays.
Resolved issue highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.9 driver:
The following games no longer experience random hangs during game loading:
- Call of Duty – Black Ops
- F1 2010
- Dungeon Siege 3
The following games no longer hang intermittently during gameplay:
- Battlefield - Bad Company 2
- Dead Rising 2
- STALKER – Call of Pripyat no longer hangs randomly when launching a new game or opening a previously saved game.
- Scaling options are now correctly displayed when connecting a Digital monitor to the Display port on some video cards.
- Flashing pixel corruption is no longer experienced while playing F1 2010 and Dirt 2.
- The Windows Event Log no longer reports unwanted Distributed DCOM errors.
- Video corruption is no longer observed while playing full screen HD WMV format files using PowerDVD with Windows Aero Mode turned off.
- Blank video playback is no longer observed when hardware accelerations is enabled in VLC 1.1.10.
- Dawn of War II – Retribution no longer exhibits a black screen when alt-tabbing in and out of the game.
- Random display corruption is no longer observed when playing WMV format files using Windows Media Player.
- City of Heroes no longer experiences stuttering after excessive use of in-game Anti-Aliasing slider.
- The screen no longer goes black on when the Aero Desktop is enabled on some Radeon products.
- (Vista) The screen no longer goes black on when the Aero Desktop is enabled on some Radeon products.
- (Vista) Lost Planet 2 no longer randomly crashes when running the benchmark.
- (XP) Enemy Territory – Quake Wars no longer displays random screen corruption.
- (XP) Cyberlink PowerDVD no longer hangs when attempting to play a BluRay disc.