Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Help us translate Steam
Steam client update released
Client Update - Valve
Sep 6, 2011
A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:
- Added Steam Trade (see here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6748-ETSG-5417)
- Added Inventory view on Steam Community profiles, to see your TF2 items
- Added Inventory privacy controls to the Community profile settings page. You can also choose to display Steam Gifts with the rest of your inventory or keep them private (the default).
- Added Inventory History page. Accessible from a link when viewing your own inventory, this shows past trades you've made.
- Added drag-drop of items from your inventory into chat
- Added bucketing of friends in the friends list – right-click on a friend as select 'Tag as…' to organize them into categories.
- Added Brazilian-Portuguese and Bulgarian language support
- Added a much improved dialog for when a game is being converted to use the updated content system
- Added a new sound for when the other user ends a voice call
- Updated the existing dialing/ringing sounds for voice calls
- Fixed a case where Steam Guard would unnecessarily re-ask for activation in the Steam Client.
- Fixed offline mode not working if there was no remembered password
- Bumped skin version to 4
- Fixed a crash if the audio device is removed during a voice chat
- Fixed fresh installs not getting server lists from in-game
- CPU optimizations for users with very long friends lists
- Fixed the 'View Pre-Load info' menu item for games to correctly open the Pre-load info dialog