Updates to Magicka have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- UPnP will no longer crash the game.
- Lack of playable avatar will no longer crash the game.
- Improved reports on disconnect and connection failed.
- Game crash on startup due to old gamer with long name fixed.
- Game terminates properly on crash.
- Save data wipe bug on multiplayer disconnect fixed.
- Boss crashes in Chapter 6 and 12 fixed.
- Servers limited to 4 simultaneous steam users.
- Players that have not selected a slot when the game starts is kicked.
- Server browser no longer displays games of a different version.
- Version miss match check.
- No longer possible to bounce between islands in Chapter 6
- Fixed interrupted dialog from Vlad in Chapter 6.
- Fixed trigger sequence in Chapter 9.
- Chapter 12 boss damage texture added.
- Fixed a bug where a client was locked in an animation.
- Delayed message from steam no longer forces player into game.
- Challenges are now playable using the French version
- Added version number in menu.
- Added server password. (player requested feature)
- Default undie-time changed to 0.5s (Staff of the Dead)
- Beam spells merging sometimes crashes game with stack overflow (for real)
- Chat still awkwardly positioned.
- Self-shields sometimes get out of sync
- Players are still able to have multiple summons
- Server list sorting not implemented
- Network congestion on high ping (>400ms) connections still problematic.
- Game stutters slightly on some systems despite good performance (cause known, fix pending)
- Steam attempts to install XNA framework every time game is launched or rare occasion
- Game sometimes hogs uplink bandwidth - (Being researched)